Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,650 members, 7,813,194 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

Finance: Aganga Makes Way For Okonjo-Iweala - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Finance: Aganga Makes Way For Okonjo-Iweala (4522 Views)

Fuel Importation Will End In 2018 – Aganga / CAC To Register Businesses In 48 Hours - Aganga / Segun Aganga Attacked For Helping Indian Car Manufacturers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finance: Aganga Makes Way For Okonjo-Iweala by HighChief4(m): 8:18pm On Jul 08, 2011
Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala will be sworn in as Minister of Finance Friday, taking over the portfolio previously held by Dr. Olusegun Aganga who will now be named minister of the renamed Commerce and Investment.

Okonjo-Iweala, who was finance minister between 2003 and 2006, will be leaving her post as Managing Director of World Bank to pilot the affairs of the ministry regarded as the heart of the government.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/finance-aganga-makes-way-for-okonjo-iweala/94659/
Re: Finance: Aganga Makes Way For Okonjo-Iweala by ektbear: 8:23pm On Jul 08, 2011
I feel bad for Aganga
Re: Finance: Aganga Makes Way For Okonjo-Iweala by EzeUche(m): 8:25pm On Jul 08, 2011
Kicking a man while he is down. . . undecided
Re: Finance: Aganga Makes Way For Okonjo-Iweala by seanet02: 8:29pm On Jul 08, 2011
Who cares?
Re: Finance: Aganga Makes Way For Okonjo-Iweala by tpia5: 8:32pm On Jul 08, 2011
oops!!

wahala dey.

na war be this oh.
Re: Finance: Aganga Makes Way For Okonjo-Iweala by ZnO: 8:34pm On Jul 08, 2011
ekt_bear:

I feel bad for Aganga

Hhahah!
I warned you but you would not listen
Re: Finance: Aganga Makes Way For Okonjo-Iweala by ZnO: 8:36pm On Jul 08, 2011
The feds should do all they can to get Akinwunmi Adeshina on board
He is a strong agricultural expert with Rockefeller Foundation experience/connection
I believe he will turn things around in that field
I hope though he will not be consumed by Yoruba penchant to steal public funds.
Re: Finance: Aganga Makes Way For Okonjo-Iweala by ektbear: 8:38pm On Jul 08, 2011
He should just return to Goldman Sachs and enjoy his huge salary there. Unfortunate that public service in Nigeria didn't work out for him
Re: Finance: Aganga Makes Way For Okonjo-Iweala by ZnO: 8:45pm On Jul 08, 2011
ekt_bear:

He should just return to Goldman Sachs and enjoy his huge salary there. Unfortunate that public service in Nigeria didn't work out for him

Can't go back. His emptiness has been exposed grin grin grin grin
Re: Finance: Aganga Makes Way For Okonjo-Iweala by ZnO: 8:46pm On Jul 08, 2011
With Adeshina, I will gain from a Yoruba, the first time in my life. Not in terms of monetary gains, but per taking on the things I have in mind for Nigerian bioresources, agriculture and environment. May be then I can tone down the rhetorics on omongbatis grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Finance: Aganga Makes Way For Okonjo-Iweala by ektbear: 8:51pm On Jul 08, 2011
ZnO:

Can't go back. His emptiness has been exposed grin grin grin grin

I doubt that, those folks will probably think naija is the problem rather than him
Re: Finance: Aganga Makes Way For Okonjo-Iweala by ZnO: 8:58pm On Jul 08, 2011
ekt_bear:

I doubt that, those folks will probably think naija is the problem rather than him

Depends; He was not the MD of Goldman Sachs, he was just one of the MDs. His services may no longer be needed.
Re: Finance: Aganga Makes Way For Okonjo-Iweala by ektbear: 9:01pm On Jul 08, 2011
I'm sure employment is the least of his concerns. . . there are a crapload of firms he can go to. It isn't only goldman sachs
Re: Finance: Aganga Makes Way For Okonjo-Iweala by Survive77: 9:08pm On Jul 08, 2011
Aganga is scared of loosing his job and he refused to tell Jonathan the truth, Iweala on the other hand is showing him how not to pretend, the guy gave his balls to Iweala, lol shocked
Re: Finance: Aganga Makes Way For Okonjo-Iweala by tpia5: 9:17pm On Jul 08, 2011
^^why the new id
Re: Finance: Aganga Makes Way For Okonjo-Iweala by kasiem(m): 9:30pm On Jul 08, 2011
When an elephant comes on board, all the small animals will pave way. Aganga quite knew that there is no challenge between an igbo and a Yoruba. He started digging his grave the day he verbally challenged soludo, but, he never knew that he was being misguided by an evaporated ego. Let him be managing this his new assignment,untill, we groom or bring another igbo to displace him there.
Re: Finance: Aganga Makes Way For Okonjo-Iweala by tpia5: 9:32pm On Jul 08, 2011
^^i suspect you're neither igbo nor yoruba.
Re: Finance: Aganga Makes Way For Okonjo-Iweala by youngmonie: 9:50pm On Jul 08, 2011
Gosh some Nigerians are jus hatefull in nature, Noting good ever comes out of der mouth!!
Re: Finance: Aganga Makes Way For Okonjo-Iweala by kasiem(m): 9:51pm On Jul 08, 2011
tpia@:

keep suspecting. I ga anodi ebe a, nsi eju gi onu
tpia@:

keep suspecting. I ga anodi ebe a, nsi eju gi onu
Re: Finance: Aganga Makes Way For Okonjo-Iweala by tpia5: 9:52pm On Jul 08, 2011
^^na by force to type twice?

abi ogogoro ti da ori e ru.
Re: Finance: Aganga Makes Way For Okonjo-Iweala by ZnO: 9:57pm On Jul 08, 2011
kasiem:

When an elephant comes on board, all the small animals will pave way. Aganga quite knew that there is no challenge between an igbo and a Yoruba. He started digging his grave the day he verbally challenged soludo, but, he never knew that he was being misguided by an evaporated ego. Let him be managing this his new assignment,untill, we groom or bring another igbo to displace him there.

Hahahah! Aganga is not actually Yoruba, though he is a Yoruba wannabe
Re: Finance: Aganga Makes Way For Okonjo-Iweala by 2bosun: 11:02pm On Jul 08, 2011
Aganga= very talented fellow just a square peg in a round hole. I hope he does a better job this time.
Re: Finance: Aganga Makes Way For Okonjo-Iweala by djustice: 12:16am On Jul 09, 2011
Thank God he's gone, from the Ministry of Finance at least. In a year of high crude oil prices, we still manage to borrow N400b to finance his higgedly-piggedly nonsense budget.

Square peg ko, round hole nii!!

He should be completely sacked. Commerce and investment ke I hope that doesn't mean they're giving him the Sovereign Wealth Fund, aka Excess Crude Funds to (mis) manage

Please don't employ Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala just for show o!! Give her FULL autonomy over ALL our finances, and watch her work her magic. Aganga, given any leeway will just be a greedy, avaricious fly in the ointment.
Re: Finance: Aganga Makes Way For Okonjo-Iweala by ektbear: 12:27am On Jul 09, 2011
ZnO:

Hahahah! Aganga is not actually Yoruba, though he is a Yoruba wannabe

It is hard to say. I am not sure that he isn't Yoruba. There are Yoruba speakers with Yoruba names who are indigenous to Edo State. . . on boundaries, ethnicity can become ambiguous.

Anyway, if he calls himself a Yoruba man I accept him. If he calls himself Edo, that is fine too. Not mutually exclusive
Re: Finance: Aganga Makes Way For Okonjo-Iweala by nduchucks: 12:40am On Jul 09, 2011
ekt_bear:

I feel bad for Aganga

Why do you feel bad for Aganga? He is still a member of the President's cabinet with the portfolio of Commerce and Investment. He is more capable of running that ministry than that of finance while Ngozi is the best fit for Finance. This development is good for the country. I applaud his public service.
Re: Finance: Aganga Makes Way For Okonjo-Iweala by PapaBrowne(m): 10:12am On Jul 09, 2011
All these folks feeling bad for Aganga, y'all don't know what you talking about!! The new Ministry for Commerce and Investments is top class and is exactly where he fits! All Public Private Partnerships would be under his purview. This government is looking at using PPPs as a vehicle to drive infrastructure development.

Aganga's job description would include pulling funds from all the investment hubs across the globe to fund our infrastructure projects! He also manages the Sovereign Wealth Fund which is the excess accruable from our non budgeted oil revenue. At current prices, that equated to about 25% of all our oil revenue.
This is exactly where his experience at Goldman Sachs plays out.

The finance ministry is for the likes of Okonjo that have a better understanding of development economics and policy implementation!!
Re: Finance: Aganga Makes Way For Okonjo-Iweala by Dauchman(m): 5:33pm On Jul 09, 2011
Amazing you guys are actually rooting for Okonjo Iweala when all she would do is play out the script given to her by World Bank and co. I am igbo but do not think she is the right person for that job. My honest opinion.
Re: Finance: Aganga Makes Way For Okonjo-Iweala by IykeD(m): 6:02pm On Jul 09, 2011
Dauchman:

Amazing you guys are actually rooting for Okonjo Iweala when all she would do is play out the script given to her by World Bank and co. I am igbo but do not think she is the right person for that job. My honest opinion.

If the script favours Nigeria, then we welcome it unlike Aganga who doesn't even know how to interpret a script talk less of acting it!
Re: Finance: Aganga Makes Way For Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 09, 2011
Dauchman:

Your opinion dont count undecided
Re: Finance: Aganga Makes Way For Okonjo-Iweala by PastorOla1: 8:38pm On Jul 09, 2011
She is better informed financially than Aganga Period!!!!!!!
Re: Finance: Aganga Makes Way For Okonjo-Iweala by NaijaNaWaa: 9:13pm On Jul 09, 2011
ekt_bear:

He should just return to Goldman Sachs and enjoy his huge salary there[color=#990000][/color]. Unfortunate that public service in Nigeria didn't work out for him

Fa faa faaa, faaawwuuuulllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!!! Take it from me, Aganga made more dough from for the short period he's been in public service than he made for all the years he's been in the Goldman Sachs. Guys, those people are making it real big. That's why once they go in, they never ever want to go out. I know a fomer Minister of Commerce under Obj (Engr. Bello or something like that from Niger state) who was dropped as a Minister and made DG of NIPC which was a parastatal under Commerce. Can you imagine the GMD/CEO of a Union Bank being dropped and then made the GM of Union Homes? That's what happened. In govt they just loot and looot and looooot. That's why no one ever says no. That's why El Rufai, Ribadu, and the northern leeches are bitter. Now you know.
Re: Finance: Aganga Makes Way For Okonjo-Iweala by tpia5: 9:40pm On Jul 09, 2011
getting a good job with the nigerian govt pays far more than 95% of whatever positions overseas.

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Unionbank Mobile App **VERY SWEET** / Soap Wrapping Machine / Distributors Needed For Peak Yam Pounding Machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.