Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos (57153 Views)

Renting A House? 5 Things To Consider / Cost Of Renting A 1 Bedroom Apartment In Abuja | Co-tenant / Cost Of Renting A 1 Bedroom Apartment In Lagos | Co-tenant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by Nobody: 10:31am On Apr 25, 2022
pocohantas:

But people are still renting and this has been going on for years. This is an organized racket. Why would anyone rent a flat in a property with over 100 rooms? Even if the landlord is not mad, co-tenants would be mad na.

The man is a convicted drug kingpin. His notoriety didn’t start today.

https://www.nairaland.com/120989/finally-ultimate-nigerian-drug-baron

Akindele beats up my mum and forcefully ejects her

Here is K1 hailing him I believe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqONpVybD8A

Nigeria is a lost country that aid and abet crimes. Fraudster eyeing and wining political posts. Yahoo boys flaunting everywhere and a dead judicial system. I have never seen a country as worst as Nigeria.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by Timoleon(m): 10:31am On Apr 25, 2022
Why you no go talk? Talk make people learn.
ALABACONNECT:
Stay here 2 years ago but make I no talk

Well, for your UK used and new smart TV and soundbars, check my signature

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by peggywebbs(f): 10:32am On Apr 25, 2022
Interesting this was one of the houses I checked for when house hunting in 2016 decided to just do island..houses on the mainland were just not it. My friend called it a barracks, wondered who could possibly want to live there.
Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by Nobody: 10:33am On Apr 25, 2022
Magnoliaa:
Nawa o. And is it that nobody can do anything ni or what?

All these Lagos sanitation agencies or kini they are setting up cannot look into it??

Like, even if he has connections, nko? Ehen? Shey na only him get am?

I CANNOT understand why people allow themselves to be so much "oppressed" and rode on. Like, you cannot do anything at all?

Who heads those agencies? Their pals, their wings, their associates. The country is deeply corrupted.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by blowjohn(m): 10:33am On Apr 25, 2022
9gerian:
When a new tenant is moving in basking over having obtained a too-good-to-be-true deal not too far from the island, other tenants would be looking on with side eye, shaking their heads and saying to themselves- “should we tell him?”

Every brothers should we tell him

Should we tell him?
To let him go on trustin' isn't fair
Should we tell him?
Should we tell him that his girl doesn't care?
I took my best girl dancin'
Down to my best friend's mansion
He met us at the door and said, "Glad you're here"
Before the dance was over
I saw him call her over
Then he whispered, thought I didn't hear
Should we tell him?
Should we tell him?
I left them there together
Thought that I might feel better
Down at this cafe where we used to go
Some of my friends had gathered
Just for some fun and laughter
Then I heard two of them a talkin' low
Should we tell him?
Should we tell him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfycnRWQO0M

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by Cheq40: 10:33am On Apr 25, 2022
D LANDLORD NEVA JAM.. if u know u know

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by Guide777(m): 10:33am On Apr 25, 2022
All I can see is a bunch of foolish tenants blaming their foolishness on a wicked and shylock Landlord.
Let's start from the beginning. You are looking for an apartment. An Agent carry you go show you house without window, you like am. You saw the dilapidating structures you like am. Landlord told you the house rentage na 350k per annum, you no argue. He give you agreement you sign, you sign am..
You saw other tenants when you came there, you no ask how the house be . You go pay pack in. E reach time to renew rent, you come dey argue, and abuse landlord. Getat!

16 Likes

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by Ishilove: 10:35am On Apr 25, 2022
pocohantas:

Put a ram in an agbada and cap, and strap a brick of #1,000 notes to its horns, K1 will hail it with all enthusiasm.

21 Likes

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by toujurs: 10:35am On Apr 25, 2022
starbuck:
LAGOS, an overrated and overhyped state...
You can say this again, honestly. Even me am tired. This sanwo olu of a governor is a typical mumu. Agbero are now every where in the streets of lagos, collecting money, from passerby because of their load, traffic now is worst. House rents are so damn expensive. Transportation damn expensive. cry

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by Nobody: 10:36am On Apr 25, 2022
Good one for informing people about such houses and landlords, i would encourage people in other locations to expose such properties owned by devious landlords and land ladies.

The thing about accommodation is that when, money changes hands its difficult to get back , hence the need to do due diligence, landlords that rely exclusively on their rents are a headache, especially when they have mental and drug problems.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by MARS1(m): 10:37am On Apr 25, 2022
Thanks for this eye opener pocohantas.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by Forgodsgrace: 10:37am On Apr 25, 2022
If you are a confirmed Lagos brought up ,doing well for yourself, there are some areas you won’t go close for accommodation.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by Nobody: 10:37am On Apr 25, 2022
Guide777:
All I can see is a bunch of foolish tenants blaming their foolishness on a wicked and shylock Landlord.
Let's start from the beginning. You are looking for an apartment. An Agent carry you go show you house without window, you like am. You saw the dilapidating structures you like am. Landlord told you the house rentage na 350k per annum, you no argue. He give you agreement you sign, you sign am..
You saw other tenants when you came there, you no ask how the house be . You go pay pack in. E reach time to renew rent, you come dey argue, and abuse landlord. Getat!

YuYU might be involved.

Have you ever tried to buy something like a car or a very expensive item alone, surrounded by aggressive seductive sales people?

It takes a strong mind to overcome their cajoling, at times its what happens to some tenants, though not all of them.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by victorv12(m): 10:38am On Apr 25, 2022
See house for Naija!
Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by GloriousGbola: 10:38am On Apr 25, 2022
]]
Ishilove:

Put a ram in an agbada and cap, and strap a brick of 1,000 notes to its horns, K1, will hail it with all enthusiasm.

nice try, but you cannot out do the yabbis david hundeyin used to blast K1 grin
Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by chatinent: 10:38am On Apr 25, 2022
To say I know this house shocks me.

My own bi say I pack in. Light dey the day I went for inspection. Omo, only to pack in and no light come dey full full. You breathe and it comes back to you. Like you breathe out carbon dioxide and inhale carbon dioxide.

Agents will tell you there's water. After you pay, you'll start hearing “I meant there is water in the neighbourhood. Ours is a little faulty.”

Landlord is notorious for thuggery. Name is Akindele I think. Like army dey fear am. He's connected to politicians there.

I strongly advise you rent a place that's conducive for your health. Just save. I don't play with my health and serenity. I can never use my money to pay for a place without water. I can manage power outage if it's not permanent but needs a fix.

Tenants in that house look like they relate. Of course, they manage the same suffering.

How I escaped? I planned my strategy well. Begged Baba that I had an emergency relocation in another state but I'll bring sb..since I had sb willing to manage it. Even bought wine.

Baba agreed. I Japa. In fact, call me a Japan.

33 Likes

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by jacoik(m): 10:39am On Apr 25, 2022
Mandate2023:

I use to have a friend that works as an environment officer in kosofe local government, area office oworo.....he told me d day dey went to that house to treat a complain and drop notice that dis man entered there office and asked for who came to his house and no 1 could say anything, he tore d notice and threw it on them telling them dey were lucky he did not meet them when dey came.......d HOD of d department went and report d case to d council chairman and d chairman said dey should let d state handle him that he does not have akindele wahala......u can imagine, dis guy had a running battle during Obasanjo tenure, his a drug baon
one thing I know is that he doesn't have two heads but one. One day he will meet his Waterloo, it either he die misteriously or one of his tenant wey don spoke expired weed will stab him to death. Nothing last forever

17 Likes

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by Magnoliaa(f): 10:42am On Apr 25, 2022
ALABACONNECT:
Stay here 2 years ago but make I no talk

Well, for your UK used and new smart TV and soundbars, check my signature

This is one of the issues. Male I no talk, make I no talk. No be say you dey fight any legal battle, abi you dey slander. Just type your experience for your phone, online, make people learn.

If you no wan share, why did you mention that you lived there? undecided What exactly is your "make I no talk" meant for? Ki ni reason?

As we know say you don live there now, so watin make we do with the bit?

Mtcheeeewwww.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by Forgodsgrace: 10:45am On Apr 25, 2022
starbuck:
LAGOS, an overrated and overhyped state...

I concur,I was born and brought up in Lagos.The most overrated part is on the island.Anything after Ajah is confirmed overrated slum.Na just hyping,some areas even worst pass Ajegunle or Mushin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by Guide777(m): 10:47am On Apr 25, 2022
quentin06:

YuYU might be involved.
Forget following trends and sentiments. check it now. Are you telling me these guys did not visit the apartments before paying the Landlord. I check all their comments, none said they were forced to pay. They saw the house without window, not that the window was removed after they moved in. The other one said the house was sinking, it's apparent that did not start lately. The other one said a tenant left tap on upstairs, and his room was flooded thereof and spoilt his laptop, you should blame the shylock Landlord too?
Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 25, 2022
Richy4:
That landlord should try and give that house to a level headed individual or an estate company to manage since it's getting bad publicity...

Those that were complaining of using lamp in the afternoon, didn't they inspect the house before they moved in?..Is it not reasonable to assume that when another imposing building or a giant wall is next to your windows, it block visibility?

I know how some tenant's behaviour.. after their rent expires, they won't like to pay up like gentlemen and ladies that they are...My husband lost his job, children school fees, we haven't eaten for 2 days always their major excuses... When they see someone that can't stand their bullshit, they can't wait to disappear...

He should try and repair it.. work on the complaint on the ground floor of the building and hand it to someone with people management skills..If it's that building I saw on that pic, I think it's a lovely building..

You are right but in this case the landlord is a drug lord. That should cancel any view of yours because he can NEVER be sensible.

So sad for this country called Nigeria with no working system. That lardlord should still be in jail with all assets frozen instead he is still jumping up and down and still proud of himself as a law breaker. What a shame

11 Likes

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by crowther15(m): 10:48am On Apr 25, 2022
pocohantas:

But people are still renting and this has been going on for years. This is an organized racket. Why would anyone rent a flat in a property with over 100 rooms? Even if the landlord is not mad, co-tenants would be mad na.

The man is a convicted drug kingpin. His notoriety didn’t start today.

https://www.nairaland.com/120989/finally-ultimate-nigerian-drug-baron

Akindele beats up my mum and forcefully ejects her

I'm actually a lover of Wasiu Ayinde's songs. I listened to the music to the very end. It is quite disheartening that people like Akindele are being praised for the sake of the money and connection he has. That is the situation we found ourselves in this country, money or nothing else.

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by Aidejay(m): 10:51am On Apr 25, 2022
Someone needs to deal with all this Lagos People. They need strong hand. Reason why I fear a Lagos Presidency, it's just another avenue that will empower the Lagos elites.
Some body needs to show that mafia that they have a max. And they've reached and surpassed it. Something is wrong with their brains.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by NoToPile: 10:51am On Apr 25, 2022
There is a reason why you inspect a house and ask questions from people on the street and even Co tenants before paying.

Its not that difficult to get that information in a place like Oworo, and yes there are people that seem untouchable like him even govt officials and police will not like his wahala maybe now its on Twitter the state go will look into it.

Besides people will still rent the house sef Some Lagosian's can live anywhere with their hard earned money.

Modified: aproko don carry me go Twitter, it's like half of Lagos has lived in that house, only one guy said he discovered landlords mumu button. grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by eedimo(m): 10:52am On Apr 25, 2022
bigtt76:
It can be traumatizing living in Lagos
TRAUMATIZING is a good word. Use a more devilish word. I regret stepping my foot in Lagos. Lagos is strictly meant for the "executively" wealthy. Until I get to that point; i no do again

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by Acidosis(m): 10:53am On Apr 25, 2022
I can't imagine living in this place. Ah. How would you handle electricity bills? Water issues? Etc.? The last time I shared estimated bills with someone, I suffered ehn! And then I decided never to share bills with anyone, whether it is prepaid billing or postpaid.

Apart from landlord issues and act of thuggery, no individual can effectively manage the properly. It's just not possible. When you hear "Landlord is in charge" of a property with more than 50 tenants, run!!

As per landlord wahala, na hand never touch am. You don't deal with people like that by engaging them in physical combat. In fact, when they meet people that can match their wahala, they end up evicting such tenants. You only deal with them by ruining their reputation online. Also make sure you engage the Lagos state housing agency with your complaints. It takes less than 30 minutes to ruin a sinking property. cheesy

14 Likes

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by true2god: 10:54am On Apr 25, 2022
pocohantas:
Twitter user @alexlobaloba has taken to the bird app to warn Nigerians against renting a particular property. In his words…

SOURCE

Let’s save unsuspecting house-hunters o.
I wouldn't mention his name but he is very popular at Oworo. Rent his house at your own risk.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by Aidejay(m): 10:55am On Apr 25, 2022
chatinent:
To say I know this house shocks me.

My own bi say I pack in. Light dey the day I went for inspection. Omo, only to pack in and no light come dey full full. You breathe and it comes back to you. Like you breathe out carbon dioxide and inhale carbon dioxide.

Agents will tell you there's water. After you pay, you'll start hearing “I meant there is water in the neighbourhood. Ours is a little faulty.”

Landlord is a notorious for thuggery. Name is Akindele I think. Like army dey fear am.

I strongly advise you rent a place that's conducive for your health. Just save. I don't play with my health and serenity. I can never use my money to pay for a place without water. I can manage power outage if it's not permanent but needs a fix.

Tenants in that house look like they relate. Of course, they manage the same suffering.

How I escaped? I planned my strategy well. Begged Baba that I had an emergency relocation in another state but I'll bring sb..since I had sb willing to manage it. Even bought wine.

Baba agreed. I Japa. In fact, call me a Japan.

Lagos na Confam shit hole with small fine fine places.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by merrymike47(m): 10:57am On Apr 25, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

Going through all the comments, u would understand why afonjas like slavery and why they called Igbos arrogant fellows. An average Igbos no fit tolerate that kind nonsense and that's why some landlords or landlady does not want Igbos to avoid somebody that will be challenging them in their wrong doings
no be mumu talk be dis? Ordinary me go slap you, beat you up and still tell you to bring anybody wey u sabi but you go disappear not to show again, not to talk of powers that be. Dem say person Na drug baron, dem say person dey slap DPO, so for your mind now, u think say people no go don try drop dat kind man? Baba no be everybody you go fit drag with and that’s wisdom, else u will be dropped untimely.

16 Likes

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by Ishilove: 10:58am On Apr 25, 2022
GloriousGbola:
]]

nice try, but you cannot out do the yabbis david hundeyin used to blast K1 grin
When was this?
Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by Fr33born(m): 10:59am On Apr 25, 2022
DJGiore:
this story is not complete let wait for the second party to speak until then next news pls or log on to naija dj mix.com

So all these comments from people who know the place and those who had experienced it didn't complete the story and you are looking for second party?
How old are you?

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by teewhydope(m): 11:00am On Apr 25, 2022
this is the first house the agent took me too when i was hunting sometimes ago, i hated it instantly and warned the agent not to try that rubbish with me again. I can't rent that lodge even if I'm out of options

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Landlord Blocks Hotel Entrance With Loads Of Granite Stones For Owing Rent (pic) / Many Pupils Still Trapped In Lagos School Building Collapse (photos, Video) / A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.