Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,467 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos (57034 Views)

Renting A House? 5 Things To Consider / Cost Of Renting A 1 Bedroom Apartment In Abuja | Co-tenant / Cost Of Renting A 1 Bedroom Apartment In Lagos | Co-tenant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by goslowgoslow(m): 12:13pm On Apr 25, 2022
NOwazobia:
Obviously one of Tinubu broughtopi!

So much youth empowerment Tinubu has done in Lagos.

God forbid him as the president of this shithole, esle it turns to soakaway.
They must drag Tinubu into everything...las las na Tinubu name go kill all of una
Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by Angy55(f): 12:13pm On Apr 25, 2022
toujurs:
I swear to God. They have multiplied now times 100 billion ever since sanwo olu became governor cry

It's irritating angry
Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by goslowgoslow(m): 12:16pm On Apr 25, 2022
Bobloco:

Lagos, second most unlivable city in the whole wide world after Damascus, capital of war torn Syria
Go back to your state na.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by TheWolfen(m): 12:16pm On Apr 25, 2022
pocohantas:

This one pass Lagos matter o. My heart just dey beat fast as I was reading comments. This is tyranny. On top person money? [b] I wonder what is the catch because I would instantly be turned off by a house with numerous flats like say na barracks or university off-campus lodge. [/i]

Lot of those kinda people are diabolic. Everything I read about the said landlord points to that

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by newdawn2017(f): 12:21pm On Apr 25, 2022
seunlizy:

Really so someone can calm him down with what I have been reading on twitter and nairaland.
yes only a touch, violent northern army guys wey blood dey their eyes from fighting insurgents. Not Igbo, not Yoruba or benur or Jos o. Only core north or south like calabar, akwIbom, Rivers or bayelsa.theze specifics can do it only them.
Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by chatinent: 12:22pm On Apr 25, 2022
seunlizy:

Waooo he must like u then. Sorry, What is the meaning of sb u mentioned

Sb = Somebody.
Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by SugarGirl44(f): 12:22pm On Apr 25, 2022
starbuck:
LAGOS, an overrated and overhyped state...

But all your family members and villagers are dying to move to the underrated state.
Must be ment.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by Cutehector(m): 12:25pm On Apr 25, 2022
Na so one idiot landlord came to harrass me before i even stepped into the house. I told myself that i wont even stay in this place. Before i even choose to stay in an apartment, i must have already made a decision 10metres away if i like the area or not.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by StAmbrose1(m): 12:25pm On Apr 25, 2022
starbuck:
You are indirectly saying Nigeria is an overrated and overhyped place with no good development.
Lagos is the center of Nigeria's development.
Any affront on Lagos is a big onslaught on the whole nation.
No city is more developed or advanced than Lagos in Nigeria.
You should fully know the repercussions of some statements before airing them.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by Freethinker87: 12:28pm On Apr 25, 2022
blackboy:
Wait is the landlord one popular Lagos ERU 1 Eru 2 and so on on his car plate number? I remember him back then on Lagos Island. He used to rock town then. Na Lagos Island mafiaso. But the last time i was in Lagos most of them have retired or gentle. Age has gotten over them. New boys x 100 have taken their place.
Its in his blood. Lagos Island people. Gra gra too much

You be real island boy.

Eru 1 - Hummer H2
Eru 2 - Mercedes Brabus
Eru 3 - Grand Cherokee etc

Amazing childhood memories �
Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by Hotty321(m): 12:28pm On Apr 25, 2022
pocohantas:
The comments are scary. Seems half of Lagos lived in the said house. That isn’t surprising considering they never exhaust their rental period. Let’s be careful o.

Comments from past tenants…

He dey do same thing for Lagos island

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:38pm On Apr 25, 2022
starbuck:
How is that pls?
Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:38pm On Apr 25, 2022
bigtt76:
It can be traumatizing living in Lagos
Not really o. I live in lagos too
Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by alhassanbassong: 12:40pm On Apr 25, 2022
I paid for an apartment at his house at Akinlabake Street...just at the sea.
I had to renovate the house seriously with painting. Still yet mosquito drag my blood with me.

Water no dey. We contributed to buy new pumping machine. Still yet no way forward.

I paid in February 2020 I moved out in June 2020. I just locked the room. Waiting till my rent finished. House that I paid 280k for......

I know a lady who paid and moved in, In one month she moved out with speed.
A terrible habitation.

16 Likes

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by NoToPile: 12:42pm On Apr 25, 2022
Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:46pm On Apr 25, 2022
Magnoliaa:
Nawa o. And is it that nobody can do anything ni or what?

All these Lagos sanitation agencies or kini they are setting up cannot look into it??

Like, even if he has connections, nko? Ehen? Shey na only him get am?

I CANNOT understand why people allow themselves to be so much "oppressed" and rode on. Like, you cannot do anything at all?
If I live in such house and the man disrespect me or threaten me, I ll simply buy 10liters of fuel and burn down the house. The burning will start from my room. I will just pray that no one gets hurt in the process.
Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by tonididdy(m): 12:47pm On Apr 25, 2022
alhassanbassong:
I paid for an apartment at his house at Akinlabake Street...just at the sea.
I had to renovate the house seriously with painting. Still yet mosquito drag my blood with me.

Water no dey. We contributed to buy new pumping machine. Still yet no way forward.

I paid in February 2020 I moved out in June 2020. I just locked the room. Waiting till my rent finished. House that I paid 280k for......

I know a lady who paid and moved in, In one month she moved out with speed.
A terrible habitation.
Lol you can't possibly tell me you saw an Eldorado when you moved in?
You blatantly ignored the red flags grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by emmanuelbrown26: 12:47pm On Apr 25, 2022
merrymike47:
I have done what I said to your ibo brothers a couple of time and all I can say is that you guyz are the real cowards.

2) I don’t know you from nowhere and not like I want anything to do with you, just a piece of advise and if it is not satisfying, please go to that exact location, rent an apartment there and try to prove your point.

The bitter truth is that we will still be here to read your sad story of how you died and no justice will be brought for you.

No be by mouth, I can even assist you in raising the rent fee if you truely mean to prove a point.
Everybody na Mr. Macho for Nairaland.
Go and help your owo mi da brothers first before disgracing your lineage here.
Igbos are stubborn bcs they don't take some rubbish from any landlord
Igbos are arrogant bcs they don't bow to greet anybody
Igbos are this and that bcs they say things they way they are unlike afonjas that will hid behind somebody and be talking against d person

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by Elidrisy20: 12:48pm On Apr 25, 2022
Must landlord, don't care about maintenance and safety of their tenants

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by emmanuelbrown26: 12:48pm On Apr 25, 2022
Sheggy13:

You don't take nonsense but your governor Ikpeazu is owing your fathers and mothers salary arrears of a whole year and fed them kerosene upon they yet you re-elected him. What kind of slavery can be more than that? Idiots.
Don't bring politics here bcs we all know that all politicians are just useless.
We are talking about expressing what u hate, an average afonja hardly expresses his or her feelings unlike Igbos that will always tell u their mind

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by emmanuelbrown26: 12:52pm On Apr 25, 2022
Sheggy13:

Only a fool will make your kind of comment. Do you know how many of your "brave" Igbos that have lived in same house and the troublesome landlord bullied them out and heaven did not fall? Most of you are just plain stupid. You see everything as a dick measuring exercise between Igbos and other tribes.
See, on average, an average Igbos does not take shit that an afonja could take.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:53pm On Apr 25, 2022
Cutehector:
Na so one idiot landlord came to harrass me before i even stepped into the house. I told myself that i wont even stay in this place. Before i even choose to stay in an apartment, i must have already made a decision 10metres away if i like the area or not.
Same with me. I listen to my mind before renting a place. This is a must. If agents take me to a house and the first thing my mind tells me is that I don't like the house the agent will not see me again?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by purejustice36: 12:58pm On Apr 25, 2022
Funnily na this kind house dey sweet to stay pass
The man never see person wey craze before

If rent expire and he come my house come shoot I go invite am enter my room say make he no vex

I go calm down break plank all over him body
I go make sure say he no fit waka again , tie am like goat then pack my load for him own very eyes
Still disarm money from him pocket to enter transport, seize him phone

If he no enter hospital for 2 yrs then no be Edo boy touch am

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by StAmbrose1(m): 1:05pm On Apr 25, 2022
Emperor88:

Tell those running from your village to go back to their underrated state.

That is too hostile and belligerent with a lot of unnecessary, negative tribalism.
You should have allowed him to list the reasons for his revolting statement. Then you compare it with his choicest or probably his most indigenous state for clear distinction.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by BluntTheApostle(m): 1:07pm On Apr 25, 2022
I almost took his house some years back, but I had a dream a day before I took that house. I saw myself buried in front of the house.

Na so I gbeja.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by Cutehector(m): 1:09pm On Apr 25, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
Same with me. I listen to my mind before renting a place. This is a must. If agents take me to a house and the first thing my mind tells me is that I don't like the house the agent will not see me again?
good to know you reason same too
Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by StAmbrose1(m): 1:10pm On Apr 25, 2022
Gee64:
Lagos na bad place to breed children oh.
That is farfetched.
Some places for there dey alright.
And for the records, Most renowned Nigerians were bred there.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 25, 2022
Another strong man will tame him. There are people that will stay in that house and humble that man physically and spiritually

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by ashawopikin(m): 1:13pm On Apr 25, 2022
See as the house bend
Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by justmondris: 1:18pm On Apr 25, 2022
Lolololol. I am laughing because I almost rented an apartment in this house when I was desperately in need of a house. When I visited the place, the free room they showed me at the extremely end was already sinking. I could not stood straight inside the room because the entire three storey building is already sinking from that angle.

Lagos statement government should please interfere in this issue and mark the house for demolition before a lot of people will lost their lives.

This building cannot escape collapsing. I predict two to three years from now.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) / Landlord Blocks Hotel Entrance With Loads Of Granite Stones For Owing Rent (pic) / From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.