Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,877 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish - Agriculture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish (64931 Views)

My Snail And Vegetable Backyard Garden / Tips To Cut Cost Of Broiler And Catfish Feed By More Than 50% / BROILERS,LAYERS,PIG,SNAIL AND GREEN HOUSE CONSTRUCTION PROFESSIONAL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish by kinah(f): 12:55pm On Oct 29, 2022
Am loving this
Re: Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish by Shawl001(m): 9:50am On Nov 24, 2022
OP,
I have finally started my own garden. Though small, but it's a good start for me.
I have tomato, pepper, okro (this particular one doesn't grow tall like the normal ones in farm), and vegetable.

They are 4 days old. They have sprouted already, and going well so far, and I'm loving it.

4 Likes

Re: Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish by Shawl001(m): 9:51am On Nov 24, 2022
Others!

I'm open for advice and suggestions. Thank you!

Re: Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish by sexyto(m): 4:10pm On Nov 29, 2022
Shawl001:
Others!

I'm open for advice and suggestions. Thank you!
I think the seedlings are too much in that small space, did you consider how the full size will be?

1 Like

Re: Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish by Shawl001(m): 4:16pm On Nov 29, 2022
sexyto:

I think the seedlings are too much in that small space, did you consider how the full size will be?

You are correct.
I am observing the mistake now.
I won't repeat it, in my next planting.

Thank you for the observation.
Re: Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish by Wande22(m): 6:34am On Dec 01, 2022
NEDUZZE HOW FAR?
Re: Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish by lovediehatelive(m): 8:19am On Mar 08, 2023
Please my curry (lemon basil) has a broken stem.

Like it is bent and doesn't stand straight again.

Should I leave it like that or cut it from the broken part and put it back in the soil

1 Like

Re: Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish by toloohthegreat: 7:57pm On Mar 20, 2023
LadysLuvSlyfoxx:

What a pathetic sense of humor you must have then, Because there was nothing remotely funny about his response. If your mother brought you up to spit on the little efforts of people in jest then I’m not surprised you will consider that evidence of good upbringing. People like you make this forum such a depressing place at times.

Depression kill you there¡¡¡
Re: Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish by Konquest: 3:46pm On Jan 13
organicfoods:
You can also prepare a self watering system to ease your stress. Check the video below on how to produce one. I love your tenacity, now I think it’s time for me to start my Vanilla production orchid on Nairaland to lead the way in Vanilla seed production in Nigeria.

Vanilla is second to Saffron in terms of value on the international market. It required patience and investment, something Nigerians are not good at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG97P6u-UH0
Insightful.
Re: Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish by Konquest: 3:52pm On Jan 13
nextstep:

For 4 years now, I don't need to buy tomatoes and peppers for 8-9 months. Some weeks I can get a basket of tomatoes and can't finish them all so I gift them to people.

To preserve without a fridge, I also grind, then fry them. Put in airtight jars and cover with oil.

Not a waste of time, and I started in a small box, like OP
Saves me a ton of money for 8 months.
Interesting.
Re: Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish by Konquest: 4:34pm On Jan 13
Neduzze5:

I bought fresh pepper from the market, cut it open and took out some of the seeds.

Next, I dried them for two days, opened holes in the soil and put in each one. Then I watered. That's all.
That's a nice thread.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Guitarfish Caught By Fishermen In Lagos Lagoon This Morning (Photos) / WARNING: Front Page Hijacking No Longer Allowed / Most Ladies Nowadays have stopped doing this.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.