Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,622 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

How To Be Born Again - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Be Born Again (944 Views)

Daddy Freeze Reacts To Born Again Lady Using Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand / Born Again Lady Uses Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand After Using Hot Iron / Born Again Lady Removes Her Tattoo With Hot Iron (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Be Born Again by Ken4Christ: 3:31pm On Apr 25, 2022
“That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” (Romans 10:9-10)

The term born again and being saved are synonymous. A man that is born again is a saved man. Paul gave us the steps to follow in the passage above.

First, you must believe in your heart that Jesus died, was buried and rose again on the third day for your justification. There are so many that believe that Jesus died but they do not believe it in their hearts. Their belief only ends in their head. They just mentally agree but are not heartily persuaded. This is why so many who believe in Jesus are not born again. They believe in Jesus but not in their hearts.

There are yet others who believe in Jesus but pervert the truth of his resurrection. They assert that Jesus did not rise bodily. The sect that heralds this heresy is the Jehovah’s Witness. They claimed that God could have melted Christ body with a chemical in their book; ‘You Can Live Forever in Paradise’. That doctrine is from the pit of hell. If Jesus did not resurrect bodily, why did he tell Thomas to come and touch him?

“Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.” (Luke 24:39)

Jesus rose from the dead bodily. Even the Psalmist prophesied that God will not allow the body of Christ to see corruption.

“For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.” (Psalms 16:10).

Here is Peter’s comment when analyzing this prophecy;

“Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope: Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance. Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.” (Acts 2:26-31)

So, you must believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead. This truth is the foundation of the Christian faith. If Jesus did not rise, then our faith is vain and the essence of all we do is meaningless. This is Paul’s argument;

“And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain. Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not. For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable. But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.” (1 Corinthians 15:14-22)

The second step you must take to be born again is the confession of what you already believe and the affirmation of the Lordship of Christ. “For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” (Romans 10:10).

How did God create the world? He did it through words. Words are powerful. They carry life. Jesus says, “It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.” (John 6:63).

In Matthew 12:37, he says;

“For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.”

This is the same principle that is applied when people want to join cults. They are made to take oaths without which they cannot be admitted into the cult. In the same way, you cannot be born again until you open your mouth to confess the Lordship of Christ and invite him into your heart. And it is what you do just once in your lifetime.

This is the reason those who want to give their lives to Christ are usually told to repeat a prayer after a format often led by the preacher.

When you make such confession, you may not feel anything at that moment but you will sure have a witness in your spirit that something new has taking place in your life. After a while, you will begin to notice you are no longer comfortable doing certain things you used to do.

At this point if you are not yet born again as you read this book, you can say this prayer aloud to your own hearing;

Lord Jesus, I believe you died for me. And I believe that God raised you from the dead to justify me. I hereby receive you right now as my Lord and personal Saviour. Thank you for forgiving my sins. I believe according to your word that I am saved. I am born again. Father, thank you for the gift of your Son. Thank you for qualifying me to become one of your sons in Christ Jesus.

Congratulations if you said this prayer. Please write me through this email for counseling and prayers - truth4life967@gmail.com
Re: How To Be Born Again by oloriooko(m): 3:50pm On Apr 25, 2022
First, you must believe in your heart that Jesus died, was buried and rose again on the third day for your justification. There are so many that believe that Jesus died but they do not believe it in their hearts. Their belief only ends in their head. They just mentally agree but are not heartily persuaded. This is why so many who believe in Jesus are not born again. They believe in Jesus but not in their hearts.

OP thanks for this post, please throw more light on the above
How can one be 'not heartily persuaded'
Re: How To Be Born Again by ThankGodFriday(m): 3:54pm On Apr 25, 2022
Nice
Re: How To Be Born Again by Kobojunkie: 4:02pm On Apr 25, 2022
oloriooko:

If you really want to be born again, the formulae is much simpler when you do what Jesus Christ infact commands instead. undecided

Another benefit to doing it the way Jesus Christ commands is that you go straight into the Kingdom of God through the narrow Gate by His way instead of entering through the Broad Gate that leads to destruction. undecided

Jesus Christ is the way - John 14 vs 6 - 7 , following the ways of men will only end up leading you through the broad Gate - Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 undecided
Re: How To Be Born Again by cornelboy(f): 4:08pm On Apr 25, 2022
Ken4Christ, you're a false prophet!

John 3:5-7
[5]Jesus replied, “I assure you, no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being born of water and the Spirit.
[6]Humans can reproduce only human life, but the Holy Spirit gives birth to spiritual life.
[7]So don’t be surprised when I say, ‘You must be born again.’

Jesus emphasized that only those are baptized with the holy spirit are born-agains.

All born agains are definitely saved but not all saved are born-agains.

People of Samaria believed when Philip preached about the Messiah and the good news of God's Kingdom. They were saved already cos they were already baptized in Jesus's name in water.
Peter and John later went to lay hands on them to transfer the holy spirit to them.
Re: How To Be Born Again by Ken4Christ: 9:55pm On Apr 25, 2022
cornelboy:
Ken4Christ, you're a false prophet!

John 3:5-7
[5]Jesus replied, “I assure you, no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being born of water and the Spirit.
[6]Humans can reproduce only human life, but the Holy Spirit gives birth to spiritual life.
[7]So don’t be surprised when I say, ‘You must be born again.’

Jesus emphasized that only those are baptized with the holy spirit are born-agains.

All born agains are definitely saved but not all saved are born-agains.

People of Samaria believed when Philip preached about the Messiah and the good news of God's Kingdom. They were saved already cos they were already baptized in Jesus's name in water.
Peter and John later went to lay hands on them to transfer the holy spirit to them.

Jesus wasn't talking about Holy Ghost baptism or water baptism in this context.

He is talking about the word of God and the work of the Holy Spirit in the miracle of the new birth.

No one can be born again unless you first here the word or the gospel of our Lord Jesus. It's your response to the gospel that saves you.

And, how do you respond to the gospel?

First, according to Romans 10:9-10, you must believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead.

Second, you must confess with your mouth what you already believe in your heart and also declare that Jesus is the Lord of your life.

This is how you can be saved or born again. They mean the same thing.
Re: How To Be Born Again by Ken4Christ: 10:01pm On Apr 25, 2022
oloriooko:

To be heartily persuades is to be fully convinced in your heart. There are so many people who have heard the gospel, but they just agree with their head. It has not yet dawn in their heart. So, they are not yet saved.
Re: How To Be Born Again by Ken4Christ: 10:04pm On Apr 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
If you really want to be born again, the formulae is much simpler when you do what Jesus Christ infact commands instead. undecided

Another benefit to doing it the way Jesus Christ commands is that you go straight into the Kingdom of God through the narrow Gate by His way instead of entering through the Broad Gate that leads to destruction. undecided

Jesus Christ is the way - John 14 vs 6 - 7 , following the ways of men will only end up leading you through the broad Gate - Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 undecided

The scripture already told us what to do to be saved. Trying it outside the guide Apostle Paul gave will not save you. It's only a man that is born again that can take the narrow road.
Re: How To Be Born Again by Kobojunkie: 10:07pm On Apr 25, 2022
Ken4Christ:
The scripture already told us what to do to be saved. Trying it outside the guide Apostle Paul gave will not save you. It's only a man that is born again that can take the narrow road.
A born-again can also Enter in through the Broad Gate hence the reason for Jesus Christ warning those who wiil believe to chose to do it His way to ensure they gain access through the Narrow Gate instead of the Broad Gate. Luke 13 vs 24 - 30 and Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 undecided
Re: How To Be Born Again by Ken4Christ: 10:10pm On Apr 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
A born-again can also Enter in through the Broad Gate hence the reason for Jesus Christ warning those who wiil believe to chose to do it His way to ensure they gain access through the Narrow Gate instead of the Broad Gate. Luke 13 vs 24 - 30 and Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 undecided

My point is that you must be born again first. Yes, a born again can also enter the broad road if he allows the cares of this world to overwhelm him.
Re: How To Be Born Again by oloriooko(m): 10:13pm On Apr 25, 2022
how do u know when it dawns in your heart? any signs?

Ken4Christ:

To be heartily persuades is to be fully convinced in your heart. There are so many people who have heard the gospel, but they just agree with their head. It has not yet dawn in their heart. So, they are not yet saved.
Re: How To Be Born Again by Ken4Christ: 10:22pm On Apr 25, 2022
oloriooko:

You will feel convicted of your sins. You will also feel the presence of God. It is the work of the Holy Spirit.

Well, there are quite a few people who feel persuaded but are reluctant to give their heart to Jesus because of the pleasures of sin.

The choice is still yours.
Re: How To Be Born Again by Kobojunkie: 10:34pm On Apr 25, 2022
Ken4Christ:
My point is that you must be born again first. Yes, a born again can also enter the broad road if he allows the cares of this world to overwhelm him.
Again, the moment you become born-again, you gain entry into the Kingdom of God through either of 2 gates. Jesus Christ urges that you endeavor to enter in through the Narrow gate. undecided

To gain access through the Narrow gates requires adoption of God's New Covenant laws meaning one has to accept and begin living in continuous submission and obedience of those rules. Without that changing from following old ways to instead following the new Way - Matthew 3 vs 7 - 11 - one is bound to enter in through the wrong gate. undecided
Re: How To Be Born Again by Kobojunkie: 10:38pm On Apr 25, 2022
oloriooko:
When you are born-again, a new spirit will be installed inside of you, a presence with what seems mind of its own. Jesus Christ describes this in John 3 vs 5 - 8. undecided

A spirit is not a feeling so don't be deceived, as what instead happens can be likened to a possession of your body by another entity. If you don't enter into the Kingdom through the Narrow door, there is no telling what might happen. undecided
Re: How To Be Born Again by Ken4Christ: 10:41pm On Apr 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Again, the moment you become born-again, you gain entry into the Kingdom of God through either of 2 gates. Jesus Christ urges that you endeavor to enter in through the Narrow gate. undecided

To gain access through the Narrow gates requires adoption of God's New Covenant laws meaning one has to accept and begin living in continuous submission and obedience of those rules. Without that changing from following old ways to instead following the new Way - Matthew 3 vs 7 - 11 - one is bound to enter in through the wrong gate. undecided

No. The moment you are born again or saved, you are automatically part of God's kingdom.

However, the life you life afterwards will determine whether you lose your salvation or not.

There is no standing on the fence. You are either part of God's kingdom or not. If you are not born again, you are in the kingdom of darkness.
Re: How To Be Born Again by Kobojunkie: 10:43pm On Apr 25, 2022
Ken4Christ:
No. The moment you are born again or saved, you are automatically part of God's kingdom.

However, the life you life afterwards will determine whether you lose your salvation or not.

There is no standing on the fence. You are either part of God's kingdom or not. If you are not born again, you are in the kingdom of darkness.
Pay attention before you comment .. undecided

Re: How To Be Born Again by cornelboy(f): 10:53pm On Apr 25, 2022
Ken4Christ:

Jesus wasn't talking about Holy Ghost baptism or water baptism in this context.

He is talking about the word of God and the work of the Holy Spirit in the miracle of the new birth.

No one can be born again unless you first here the word or the gospel of our Lord Jesus. It's your response to the gospel that saves you.

And, how do you respond to the gospel?

First, according to Romans 10:9-10, you must believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead.

Second, you must confess with your mouth what you already believe in your heart and also declare that Jesus is the Lord of your life.

This is how you can be saved or born again. They mean the same thing.

They don't mean the same Baba.

When you confess and believe, your no doubt saved. But you need to be baptized by the holy spirit to be born again.

John 3:5
[5]Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

There are many cases where people heard and believed the gospel first before getting baptized later through laying of hands.

The only way the people in the early church received the holy spirit was through laying of hand.
People didn't get saved through laying of hands.
Peace.
Re: How To Be Born Again by Ken4Christ: 10:59pm On Apr 25, 2022
cornelboy:

They don't mean the same Baba.

When you confess and believe, your no doubt saved. But you need to be baptized by the holy spirit to be born again.

John 3:5
[5]Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

There are many cases where people heard and believed the gospel first before getting baptized later through laying of hands.

The only way the people in the early church received the holy spirit was through laying of hand.
People didn't get saved through laying of hands.
Peace.

To be born again and to be baptized with the Holy Spirit are two different things. The first qualifies you for the second. It is those who are born again that can be baptized with the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit baptism seals your salvation. He is the stamp of ownership of God upon your life.

This is why Apostle Paul wrote to the Ephesians church;

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
Re: How To Be Born Again by Ken4Christ: 11:10pm On Apr 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Pay attention before you comment .. undecided

Entering through the narrow or wide gate is just an illustration of the ways of life you live. If you follow the easy road of sin, it will end you up in hell.

Salvation is a free gift. You don't work for it. But after you saved, you must be careful to live a holy life and do good works. It is your attitude to a holy living and the good works you do that will eventually determine your destiny.

But the starting point is give your life to Christ. Accept him as your Lord and Personal Saviour.

You do not sound like someone who has done that. You can't use your human effort to enter God's kingdom. Salvation is a free gift. Just receive it and be saved.

Then live your life by the word of God consistent with his provision in Christ Jesus.

Don't stand on the narrow or wide gate as if that is the only instruction in the Bible. There are over 800 instructions in the new Testament you should be acquainted with.

Following the narrow gate simply means live a holy life. Don't commit fornication. Don't lie. Don't cheat or kill. But you can't overcome these sinful indulgences unless you are first born again.
Re: How To Be Born Again by Kobojunkie: 3:07am On Apr 26, 2022
Ken4Christ:
1. Entering through the narrow or wide gate is just an illustration of the ways of life you live. If you follow the easy road of sin, it will end you up in hell.

2. Salvation is a free gift. You don't work for it. But after you saved, you must be careful to live a holy life and do good works. It is your attitude to a holy living and the good works you do that will eventually determine your destiny.

1. No it isn't an illustration, otherwise Jesus Christ would not have taken time to warn His followers to make certain to enter in through the Narrow Gate instead of the Broad Gate. undecided

2. Salvation was never offered as a free gift, not by Jesus Christ, the one who warned that only those willing to abandoned it all/loose their life - career, possessions, jobs, savings, family, friends etc. - in order to become worthy of Him. In Matthew 11 vs 28 - 30, Jesus Christ explained there was a yoke and burden to bear. He never advertised Salvation as a free package, so I don't understand where the lie that is comes from. undecided
Re: How To Be Born Again by AkinwaleJJ(f): 5:34am On Apr 26, 2022
The term "BORN AGAIN" was mentioned once in the Bible when Jesus talked to Nicodemus (a Pharisee and member of the Sanhedrin)

To know the full meaning of the term we need to understand how a none Israelites could be a part of God's Kingdom.
First of all God's Kingdom is a government that will rule over humans exactly the way God wants things to be {Matthew 6:10} so we can use the government of King David (the second King of Israel) as an example of God's Kingdom on planet earth. David is just a human representing the real King on that throne (God) so it's not David's will that must be done in Israel rather it's that of the one who anointed David over Israel {John 8:28-29} that's why God's word likens Jesus' reign to that of David! Isaiah 9:6-7

So as God's chosen/anointed King Jesus will be the one to sit on that throne {Luke 23:42} but there must be co-rulers with him and all his co-rulers were to be selected among the descendants of Jacob (Israel) {Matthew 19:28} that's what the Pharisees presumptuously planned thinking when the Messiah (Christ) come in the first century they will be selected as his co-rulers since they've been teaching the people already about the coming Messiah.
But when Jesus arrived he condemned that self-righteous group and began moving with common Jews whom the Pharisees classified as "sinners" so they began plotting to kill him! John 11:45-50
So these people brought a condemnation upon Jerusalem (David's city) and that place is no longer fit for the seat of God's kingdom {Matthew 23:37-38 compare to 21:43} that's why Jesus' co-rulers must be taken to another destination from where they will rule with him! John 14:1-4
This wasn't the original plan because God never created humans for heavenly life but whatever Jesus begs his father Jehovah will grant it for His only begotten Son {John 12:42} Nicodemus a Pharisee who had the thought of ruling with the Christ now sits down with Jesus trying to know how he could fit in to that setting so Jesus made it clear to him that those going to be the first set of that kingdom must become another creature entirely BORN AGAIN because they will need to be transformed into spirits beings before they can be taken to where they will rule with Jesus (Heaven) Luke 20:34-36
So only a limited number of Christians are going to heaven with Christ and they are the ones to become BORN AGAIN not all servants of God that's why Jesus confirmed John as the greatest of ancient servants of God yet John is not fit to become BORN AGAIN {Matthew 11:11} WHY? Because John never received the training Jesus' co-rulers need before they can be chosen to go with Jesus!

So only from among those trained by Jesus will God chose co-rulers with His son and that selection started from the Apostles, that's why: the names of Jesus' twelve apostles was inscribed on the 12 foundation stones of God's Kingdom in heaven! Revelations 21:14

May you have PEACE!

From MaxInDHouse:
Re: How To Be Born Again by Ken4Christ: 9:41am On Apr 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. No it isn't an illustration, otherwise Jesus Christ would not have taken time to warn His followers to make certain to enter in through the Narrow Gate instead of the Broad Gate. undecided

2. Salvation was never offered as a free gift, not by Jesus Christ, the one who warned that only those willing to abandoned it all/loose their life - career, possessions, jobs, savings, family, friends etc. - in order to become worthy of Him. In Matthew 11 vs 28 - 30, Jesus Christ explained there was a yoke and burden to bear. He never advertised Salvation as a free package, so I don't understand where the lie that is comes from. undecided

At the time Jesus made the statement, no one was born again. He was talking to the Jews under the law of Moses.

Though the principle contained in the statement can still be applied to us. But how do we that were none Jews became part of the kingdom?

It is by receiving Jesus. The scripture says;

John 1:11-13
11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But AS MANY AS RECEIVED HIM, to them GAVE HE POWER TO BECOME THE SONS OF GOD, even to them that BELIEVE ON HIS NAME.

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

So, they keyword is believe. It did not say practice my teachings first.

This is why he said;

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM should not perish, but HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE.

You must have faith in the finished work of Christ on the cross of Calvary to be saved.

This is why the Apostles and Evangelist in the early church always preached Christ. This is the message of salvation. It's all about believing in what Jesus did for us. Below are a few evidences to buttress my point;

Act 8:5 Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and PREACHED CHRIST unto them.

Act 9:20 And straightway he PREACHED CHRIST in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

Then Apostle Paul wrote to the church;

Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD.

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Notice verse 8 says that salvation is a gift of God. But your responsibility is to receive it.

And Apostle Paul has told us how to receive it;

Romans 10:9-10
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, THOU SHALT BE SAVED.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth CONFESSION IS MADE UNTO SALVATION.

If you reject the word of God and follow the deceptive teachings of Jehovah witness, you will have yourself to blame because you will end up in hell.

I have mentioned it before and I will say it again, Jehovah witness are anti Christ. They oppose every truth of God's word. The reason why so many people do not see their lies is that they use the same Bible to deceive gullible souls.

The way to know their lies is to do a personal study of God's word yourself. Don't be too quick to believe whatever you hear. Go to the Bible and do a thorough study yourself.

Please, avoid that evil group who don't even believe Jesus rose from the dead bodily. Ask them what happened to Jesus body, they will tell you God melted it away. After some years they said God must have stolen it. Only people that don't use their senses still follow these liars called Jehovah witness.
Re: How To Be Born Again by Kobojunkie: 10:26am On Apr 26, 2022
Ken4Christ:

At the time Jesus made the statement, no one was born again. He was talking to the Jews under the law of Moses.
Though the principle contained in the statement can still be applied to us. But how do we that were none Jews became part of the kingdom?
It is by receiving Jesus. The scripture says;
John 1:11-13
11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12 But AS MANY AS RECEIVED HIM, to them GAVE HE POWER TO BECOME THE SONS OF GOD, even to them that BELIEVE ON HIS NAME.
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
So, they keyword is believe. It did not say practice my teachings first.
This is why he said;
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM should not perish, but HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE.

You must have faith in the finished work of Christ on the cross of Calvary to be saved.
All you typer here is gibberish supposedly in an attempt to deviate from what Jesus Christ Himself declared.om these issues..... undecided

Again...1. No it isn't an illustration, otherwise Jesus Christ would not have taken time to warn His followers to make certain to enter in through the Narrow Gate instead of the Broad Gate. undecided

Re: How To Be Born Again by Ken4Christ: 11:47am On Apr 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
All you typer here is gibberish supposedly in an attempt to deviate from what Jesus Christ Himself declared.om these issues..... undecided

Again...1. No it isn't an illustration, otherwise Jesus Christ would not have taken time to warn His followers to make certain to enter in through the Narrow Gate instead of the Broad Gate. undecided

If salvation is not a free gift, then please explain this scripture for me. Please don't digress away from it. Tell us what this scripture means;

Ephesians 2:8 For BY GRACE ARE YE SAVED through faith; and that not of yourselves: IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD.
Re: How To Be Born Again by Kobojunkie: 2:57pm On Apr 26, 2022
Ken4Christ:
If salvation is not a free gift, then please explain this scripture for me. Please don't digress away from it. Tell us what this scripture means;

Ephesians 2:8 For BY GRACE ARE YE SAVED through faith; and that not of yourselves: IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD.
Here's what Jesus Christ told you of Salvation as offered you by Him.

▪︎ You have to change your thinking and become like little children in order to enter into God's Kingdom - Matthew 18 vs 1 - 4 & Mark 10 vs 5

▪︎ if any of you want to be my follower, you must stop thinking about yourself and what you want - Matthew 16 vs 24 a & Mark 8 vs 34a & Luke 9 vd 23a

▪︎ if any of you want to be my follower, you must be willing to carry the cross that is given to you for following me - Matthew 16 vs 24 b & Mark 8 vs 34 b & Luke 9 vs 22 b

▪︎ Those who love their father, mother, daughter, sons, etc., more than they love me are not worthy of me - Matthew 10 vs 34 - 37

▪︎ If you come but will not abandon family, you are not worthy of me - Luke 14 vs 25 - 26

▪︎ Those who will not accept the cross that is given to them when they follow me are not worthy of me - Matthew 10 vs 38 & Luke 14 vs 27[/size]

▪︎ Those who try to keep the life they have will lose it. But those who give up their life for me will find true life - Matthew 10 vs 39 & Matthew 16 vs 25 & Luke 9 vs 24

▪︎ Any of you who try to save the life you have will lose it. But those who give up their life for me and for the good news will save it - Mark 8 vs 35 & Luke 14 vs 28 - 33

▪︎ Anyone who begins to plow a field but looks back is not prepared for God's Kingdom - Luke 9 vs 61 - 62

Read carefully through the above and see where Jesus Christ is telling you that in order to make it through the Narrow Gate which leads to True life aka if you want to be saved, you have to loose your life - your possessions, even abandon your career, family and friends etc. The only way to be saved is by entering in through the Narrow Gate that leads to True life and in order to make that happen, you have to loose it all. undecided

Basically, Salvation is meant to cost you everything. And Jesus Christ warned that one most count the cost of Salvation before choosing to come to Him - Luke 14 vs 25 - 33 undecided
Re: How To Be Born Again by Ken4Christ: 5:00pm On Apr 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Here's what Jesus Christ told you of Salvation as offered you by Him.

▪︎ You have to change your thinking and become like little children in order to enter into God's Kingdom - Matthew 18 vs 1 - 4 & Mark 10 vs 5

▪︎ if any of you want to be my follower, you must stop thinking about yourself and what you want - Matthew 16 vs 24 a & Mark 8 vs 34a & Luke 9 vd 23a

▪︎ if any of you want to be my follower, you must be willing to carry the cross that is given to you for following me - Matthew 16 vs 24 b & Mark 8 vs 34 b & Luke 9 vs 22 b

▪︎ Those who love their father, mother, daughter, sons, etc., more than they love me are not worthy of me - Matthew 10 vs 34 - 37

▪︎ If you come but will not abandon family, you are not worthy of me - Luke 14 vs 25 - 26

▪︎ Those who will not accept the cross that is given to them when they follow me are not worthy of me - Matthew 10 vs 38 & Luke 14 vs 27[/size]

▪︎ Those who try to keep the life they have will lose it. But those who give up their life for me will find true life - Matthew 10 vs 39 & Matthew 16 vs 25 & Luke 9 vs 24

▪︎ Any of you who try to save the life you have will lose it. But those who give up their life for me and for the good news will save it - Mark 8 vs 35 & Luke 14 vs 28 - 33

▪︎ Anyone who begins to plow a field but looks back is not prepared for God's Kingdom - Luke 9 vs 61 - 62

Read carefully through the above and see where Jesus Christ is telling you that in order to make it through the Narrow Gate which leads to True life aka if you want to be saved, you have to loose your life - your possessions, even abandon your career, family and friends etc. The only way to be saved is by entering in through the Narrow Gate that leads to True life and in order to make that happen, you have to loose it all. undecided

Basically, Salvation is meant to cost you everything. And Jesus Christ warned that one most count the cost of Salvation before choosing to come to Him - Luke 14 vs 25 - 33 undecided

So, you are saying Paul did not know what he was saying.
Re: How To Be Born Again by Kobojunkie: 6:15pm On Apr 26, 2022
Ken4Christ:
So, you are saying Paul did not know what he was saying.
If what you say of Paul contradicts the very teachings of Jesus Christ, then why do you throw Paul at people to begin with?? undecided

Jesus Christ is the one who came with God's offering of Salvation - The only way for any man to get to reach God's presence from this world. He is the one who also sent His own followers out to teach to those in the world the very same Gospel He taught to them. So if what you teach has no bearing in Jesus Christ, can it even be said that what you teach is of Jesus Christ? undecided

Jesus Christ never said Salvation was free to men. He made it known from over 2000 years ago that there is a cost for each to compute and bear in order to become worthy of Him, His Salvation and God's Kingdom. He urged that we enter in through the Narrow Gate that leads to true life making it clear one would need to loose everything in order to gain access through that one Gate to Salvation aka True life. undecided
Re: How To Be Born Again by Ken4Christ: 10:51pm On Apr 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
If what you say of Paul contradicts the very teachings of Jesus Christ, then why do you throw Paul at people to begin with?? undecided

Jesus Christ is the one who came with God's offering of Salvation - The only way for any man to get to reach God's presence from this world. He is the one who also sent His own followers out to teach to those in the world the very same Gospel He taught to them. So if what you teach has no bearing in Jesus Christ, can it even be said that what you teach is of Jesus Christ? undecided

Jesus Christ never said Salvation was free to men. He made it known from over 2000 years ago that there is a cost for each to compute and bear in order to become worthy of Him, His Salvation and God's Kingdom. He urged that we enter in through the Narrow Gate that leads to true life making it clear one would need to loose everything in order to gain access through that one Gate to Salvation aka True life. undecided

Apostle Paul did not contradict Jesus. You are the one who is seeing contradictions because you are not yet born again. It takes a spiritual man to understand spiritual truth.

Apostle Paul got the revelation from Jesus. He did not call himself. Jesus called him. He was once persecuting the church until he had an encounter with Jesus.

So, if you don't agree with his writings, it is you that have a problem. By rejecting Paul's writings, you are indirectly indicting Jesus. You are saying he made a mistake choosing Paul. You are also indicting the church fathers who put the books of the Bibles together.

You are indeed suffering from spiritual madness. You need a check up.
Re: How To Be Born Again by Kobojunkie: 11:04pm On Apr 26, 2022
Ken4Christ:
Apostle Paul did not contradict Jesus. You are the one who is seeing contradictions because you are not yet born again. It takes a spiritual man to understand spiritual truth.

Apostle Paul got the revelation from Jesus. He did not call himself. Jesus called him. He was once persecuting the church until he had an encounter with Jesus.

So, if you don't agree with his writings, it is you that have a problem. By rejecting Paul's writings, you are indirectly indicting Jesus. You are saying he made a mistake choosing Paul. You are also indicting the church fathers who put the books of the Bibles together.

You are indeed suffering from spiritual madness. You need a check up.
Again.... If what you say of Paul contradicts the very teachings of Jesus Christ, then why do you throw Paul at people to begin with?? undecided

Re: How To Be Born Again by Ken4Christ: 11:24pm On Apr 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Again.... If what you say of Paul contradicts the very teachings of Jesus Christ, then why do you throw Paul at people to begin with?? undecided

When Jesus made that statement, he was not even talking to you. He was talking to the Jews who were already God's own people.

So, attempting to follow that instruction is meaningless because you are not recognized by God. Your recognition begins after you accept Jesus into your life.

And Apostle Paul already told us what to do so you can become part of God's family.

Until you do that, you are an intruder. God does not know you.
Re: How To Be Born Again by Kobojunkie: 11:40pm On Apr 26, 2022
Ken4Christ:
1. When Jesus made that statement, he was not even talking to you. He was talking to the Jews who were already God's own people.

2. So, attempting to follow that instruction is meaningless because you are not recognized by God. Your recognition begins after you accept Jesus into your life.

3. And Apostle Paul already told us what to do so you can become part of God's family.

Until you do that, you are an intruder. God does not know you.
The jews were already God's own people yet they are some of the very same whom Jesus Christ accused of belonging instead to their father, the devil? undecided

2. Even though all those instructions constitute the exact same Gospel which Jesus Christ then sent even His Jewish followers( themselves sinners when Jesus Christ first called them) out to go teach to the world - those who are unsaved - you cast aside because you believe that only after one accepts Jesus Christ can open begin to obey Jesus Christ? undecided

3. Paul's every letter where written only to those who already believe, particularly the Jewish audience of believers, so how he have been telling them how to become of God when he acknowledged they already belonged to God? undecided
Re: How To Be Born Again by Ken4Christ: 12:17am On Apr 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The jews were already God's own people yet they are some of the very same whom Jesus Christ accused of belonging instead to their father, the devil? undecided

2. Even though all those instructions constitute the exact same Gospel which Jesus Christ then sent even His Jewish followers( themselves sinners when Jesus Christ first called them) out to go teach to the world - those who are unsaved - you cast aside because you believe that only after one accepts Jesus Christ can open begin to obey Jesus Christ? undecided

3. Paul's every letter where written only to those who already believe, particularly the Jewish audience of believers, so how he have been telling them how to become of God when he acknowledged they already belonged to God? undecided

Paul was not even sent to preach to the Jews. His primary assignment was to the Gentiles. Before Paul wrote his letters to these Gentile churches, he had spent over decade preaching Christ to them. And some believed and became part of the kingdom.

The letter he wrote was to guide them in their faith and encourage them to continue to serve God.

So, the churches he wrote his letters to where people who were won by him to Christ through his missionary work.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Just Had A Vision Where I Hung Myself / The Signs Of A True Christian / Appeal For Your Support To A Friend In Need!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 212
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.