Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,414 members, 7,830,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

How To Be Born Again - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Be Born Again (1000 Views)

Daddy Freeze Reacts To Born Again Lady Using Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand / Born Again Lady Uses Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand After Using Hot Iron / Born Again Lady Removes Her Tattoo With Hot Iron (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Be Born Again by Kobojunkie: 2:36am On Apr 27, 2022
Ken4Christ:
1. Paul was not even sent to preach to the Jews. His primary assignment was to the Gentiles. Before Paul wrote his letters to these Gentile churches, he had spent over decade preaching Christ to them. And some believed and became part of the kingdom.

2. The letter he wrote was to guide them in their faith and encourage them to continue to serve God.

3. So, the churches he wrote his letters to where people who were won by him to Christ through his missionary work.
1. Paul wasn't sent to preach to the jews yet the primary audience of all of his epistles were Jewish Christians? Gentile churches that were occupied primarily by Jewish Christians?,undecided

2. Guide who exactly in what faith? We already established earlier that your understanding of his writing contradicts that which was previously established by Jesus Christ, so how can it be said that his letters serve as a reliable guide to even you?, undecided

3. Won by him? You are joking, right?, undecided
Re: How To Be Born Again by Ken4Christ: 8:04am On Apr 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Paul wasn't sent to preach to the jews yet the primary audience of all of his epistles were Jewish Christians? Gentile churches that were occupied primarily by Jewish Christians?,undecided

2. Guide who exactly in what faith? We already established earlier that your understanding of his writing contradicts that which was previously established by Jesus Christ, so how can it be said that his letters serve as a reliable guide to even you?, undecided

Acts 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name BEFORE THE GENTILES, and kings, and the children of Israel.

You see the order of the priority of his assignment. This was Jesus talking to Paul in his first encounter. The Gentiles was first mentioned. The children of Israel was last on the list.

As soon as he received this assignment, the scripture says;

Acts 9:20 And straightway he PREACHED CHRIST in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

As soon as he started, the Jews persecuted him from city to city. So, he was told to leave Jerusalem by Jesus in a trance;

Acts 22:18 And saw him saying unto me, Make haste, and GET THEE QUICKLY OUT OF JERUSALEM for they will not receive thy testimony concerning me.

And he was told to go only to the Gentiles;

Acts 22:21 And he said unto me, Depart: for I will send thee far hence UNTO THE GENTILES.

This is why virtually all the letters he wrote were directed to the Gentile churches.

The only letter he wrote to the Jews was Hebrews even though Bible scholars says they don't know the author for it was not signed. But I believe it was written by Paul. It is his style of writing. If he had signed it, they would have destroyed it because they hated everything concerning Paul.

So, the church in Corinth, Galatia, Ephesus, Philippians, Colossian and Thessalonians were all Gentile church.

Paul in anger after the Jews resisted him told them;

Act 18:6 And when they opposed themselves, and blasphemed, he shook his raiment, and said unto them, Your blood be upon your own heads; I am clean: FROM HENCEFORTH I WILL GO UNTO THE GENTILES.

1 Like

Re: How To Be Born Again by Sixfiguresmart(m): 10:28am On Apr 27, 2022
Ken4Christ:

Paul was not even sent to preach to the Jews. His primary assignment was to the Gentiles. Before Paul wrote his letters to these Gentile churches, he had spent over decade preaching Christ to them. And some believed and became part of the kingdom.

The letter he wrote was to guide them in their faith and encourage them to continue to serve God.

So, the churches he wrote his letters to where people who were won by him to Christ through his missionary work.
Who was the book, HEBREWS about?
Who wrote it?

Re: How To Be Born Again by Kobojunkie: 11:08am On Apr 27, 2022
Ken4Christ:
Acts 9:15
You see the order of the priority of his assignment. This was Jesus talking to Paul in his first encounter. The Gentiles was first mentioned. The children of Israel was last on the list.

As soon as he received this assignment, the scripture says;

Acts 9:20 And straightway he PREACHED CHRIST in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

As soon as he started, the Jews persecuted him from city to city. So, he was told to leave Jerusalem by Jesus in a trance;

Acts 22:18 And saw him saying unto me, Make haste, and GET THEE QUICKLY OUT OF JERUSALEM for they will not receive thy testimony concerning me.

And he was told to go only to the Gentiles;

Acts 22:21 And he said unto me, Depart: for I will send thee far hence UNTO THE GENTILES.

This is why virtually all the letters he wrote were directed to the Gentile churches.

The only letter he wrote to the Jews was Hebrews even though Bible scholars says they don't know the author for it was not signed. But I believe it was written by Paul. It is his style of writing. If he had signed it, they would have destroyed it because they hated everything concerning Paul.

So, the church in Corinth, Galatia, Ephesus, Philippians, Colossian and Thessalonians were all Gentile church.

Paul in anger after the Jews resisted him told them;

Act 18:6 And when they opposed themselves, and blasphemed, he shook his raiment, and said unto them, Your blood be upon your own heads; I am clean: FROM HENCEFORTH I WILL GO UNTO THE GENTILES.
I don't care much for the explanations you have regarding your Paul this since Paul was merely a man like any other follower. What I am more concerned about is your understanding of God's Truth and Law, Jesus Christ as that is what matters since He is God's New Covenant in the Kingdom of God. undecided

Again....1. Paul wasn't sent to preach to the jews yet the primary audience of all of his epistles were Jewish Christians? Gentile churches that were occupied primarily by Jewish Christians?,undecided

Re: How To Be Born Again by Ken4Christ: 12:28pm On Apr 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I don't care much for the explanations you have regarding your Paul this since Paul was merely a man like any other follower. What I am more concerned about is your understanding of God's Truth and Law, Jesus Christ as that is what matters since He is God's New Covenant in the Kingdom of God. undecided

Again....1. Paul wasn't sent to preach to the jews yet the primary audience of all of his epistles were Jewish Christians? Gentile churches that were occupied primarily by Jewish Christians?,undecided

You are wrong. The Gentile churches had Gentiles as worshippers.
Re: How To Be Born Again by Kobojunkie: 2:12pm On Apr 27, 2022
Ken4Christ:
You are wrong. The Gentile churches had Gentiles as worshippers.
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Gentile churches indeed! He made reference to the Old Covenant which only affects the Jewish Christians in every single Epistles, and you are here speaking of Gentile churches? You don't even understand anything Paul's letters says, do you? Instead you feed directly from the spittle the mouth of your pastors and mogs on this, they themselves regurgitating lies they have fed from their mentors in this. undecided

Guide who exactly in what faith? We already established earlier that your understanding of his writing contradicts that which was previously established by Jesus Christ, so how can it be said that his letters serve as a reliable guide to even you?, undecided
Re: How To Be Born Again by Ken4Christ: 3:52pm On Apr 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
ROFLMAO

Gentile churches indeed! He made reference to the Old Covenant which only affects the Jewish Christians in every single Epistles, and you are here speaking of Gentile churches? You don't even understand anything Paul's letters says, do you? Instead you feed directly from the spittle the mouth of your pastors and mogs on this, they themselves regurgitating lies they have fed from their mentors in this. undecided

Guide who exactly in what faith? We already established earlier that your understanding of his writing contradicts that which was previously established by Jesus Christ, so how can it be said that his letters serve as a reliable guide to even you?, undecided

I am amazed at your ignorance. Please go back and read through the whole New Testament with open heart. Take away preconceived opinions. You will come back and thank me. Don't waste your life on earth on ignorance. It will destroy you. And the worse is that you will end up in hell.
Re: How To Be Born Again by Kobojunkie: 3:59pm On Apr 27, 2022
Ken4Christ:
I am amazed at your ignorance. Please go back and read through the whole New Testament with open heart. Take away preconceived opinions. You will come back and thank me. Don't waste your life on earth on ignorance. It will destroy you. And the worse is that you will end up in hell.
Again...ROFLMAO

Re: How To Be Born Again by Ken4Christ: 11:57pm On Apr 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
ROFLMAO

Below are evidences that the Gentiles were saved and it was the Gentile churches that Paul wrote letters to;

Acts 10:44-46
44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because THAT ON THE GENTILES ALSO WAS POURED OUT THE GIFT OF THE HOLY GHOST.
46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

The Holy Ghost was poured out of the whole household of Cornelius who was a Gentile. They all spoke in tongues.

Acts 11:1 And the apostles and brethren that were in Judaea heard that the GENTILES HAD ALSO RECEIVED THE WORD OF GOD.

This is another evidence that some Gentiles got saved.

Acts 13:46-48
46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, LO, WE TURN TO THE GENTILES.

47 For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth.

48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and AS MANY AS WERE ORDAINED TO ETERNAL LIFE BELIEVED.

The passage above reveals that Apostle Paul spent most part of his life preaching to the Gentiles since the Jews rejected the gospel. And many Gentiles were saved.

In his letter to the church in Ephesus, he reminded them they were Gentiles but are now saved;

Ephesians 2:11-13
11 Wherefore remember, THAT YE BEING IN TIME PAST GENTILES IN THE FLESH, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Virtually all the souls Apostle Paul won are from Gentile nations. And they were the ones he also wrote letters to.

Even the letter written to the seven churches in Revelation were all written to churches of the Gentiles. Jesus did not send any letter to the Jews because they rejected him.
Re: How To Be Born Again by Kobojunkie: 2:33am On Apr 28, 2022
Ken4Christ:
Below are evidences that the Gentiles were saved and it was the Gentile churches that Paul wrote letters to;
The Holy Ghost was poured out of the whole household of Cornelius who was a Gentile. They all spoke in tongues.
This is another evidence that some Gentiles got saved.
The passage above reveals that Apostle Paul spent most part of his life preaching to the Gentiles since the Jews rejected the gospel. And many Gentiles were saved.

In his letter to the church in Ephesus, he reminded them they were Gentiles but are now saved;
Virtually all the souls Apostle Paul won are from Gentile nations. And they were the ones he also wrote letters to.

Even the letter written to the seven churches in Revelation were all written to churches of the Gentiles. Jesus did not send any letter to the Jews because they rejected him.
Stay focused and stop deviating from your own lies! undecided

Again, Paul's letters were, all of them, primarily written to a majority Jewish audience. However, you instead claimed they were to Gentile churches, something which most everyone of his epistles deny since he makes continuous reference to the Old Covenant Law of Moses in pretty much all of them. undecided

Even Peter's Epistle was also written to a primarily Jewish audience this since this he announced in his opening chapter. undecided

You don't even understand anything Paul's letters says, do you? Instead you feed directly from the spittle the mouth of your pastors and mogs on this, they themselves regurgitating lies they have fed from their mentors in this. undecided

Guide who exactly in what faith? We already established earlier that your understanding of his writing contradicts that which was previously established by Jesus Christ, so how can it be said that his letters serve as a reliable guide to even you? undecided
Re: How To Be Born Again by Kobojunkie: 5:07pm On May 02, 2023
oloriooko:
how do u know when it dawns in your heart? any signs?
Hello, so are you born again today? Do you have living with you the evidence that Jesus Christ said will be the lot of all those who are born of the Spirit? Or are you clodding yourself thinking it is all about mental assent/con(-fidence)and nothing else? undecided
Re: How To Be Born Again by Kobojunkie: 5:14pm On May 02, 2023
cornelboy:
■ John 3:5-7...Jesus emphasized that only those are baptized with the holy spirit are born-agains.
All born agains are definitely saved but not all saved are born-agains.
■ People of Samaria believed when Philip preached about the Messiah and the good news of God's Kingdom. They were saved already cos they were already baptized in Jesus's name in water.
■ Peter and John later went to lay hands on them to transfer the holy spirit to them.
1. Stop lying! There is no mention of the Holy Spirit in the entire context of that conversation Jesus Christ had with Nicodemus in John 3 vs 1 - 21 so why do you keep dragging His mention into what it means to be born-again? undecided

2. In the context of the Kingdom of God, Jesus Christ made clear that ALL must be born-again in order to be considered saved. undecided

3. This statement does not make any sense at all. If the context is the Kingdom of God as Phillips preached to them, then clearly the people mentioned had to be born-again meaning they were born of water and born of spirit. No exemptions were allowed by Jesus Christ in John 3 vs 1 - 21 making it clearly impossible to be born-again without being both born of water and born of spirit.. undecided

4. What John and Peter came much later to do to them had nothing to do with the act of being born again. Again, note the fact that the Holy Spirit is not mentioned as being a part of the born-again process by Jesus Christ in John 3 vs 1 - 21. undecided
Re: How To Be Born Again by cornelboy(f): 10:40am On May 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Stop lying! There is no mention of the Holy Spirit in the entire context of that conversation Jesus Christ had with Nicodemus in John 3 vs 1 - 21 so why do you keep dragging His mention into what it means to be born-again? undecided

2. In the context of the Kingdom of God, Jesus Christ made clear that ALL must be born-again in order to be considered saved. undecided

3. This statement does not make any sense at all. If the context is the Kingdom of God as Phillips preached to them, then clearly the people mentioned had to be born-again meaning they were born of water and born of spirit. No exemptions were allowed by Jesus Christ in John 3 vs 1 - 21 making it clearly impossible to be born-again without being both born of water and born of spirit.. undecided

4. What John and Peter came much later to do to them had nothing to do with the act of being born again. Again, note the fact that the Holy Spirit is not mentioned as being a part of the born-again process by Jesus Christ in John 3 vs 1 - 21. undecided
Okay

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some Pair Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another / Cell-phones And Bibles! / Great Interview By Bart Erhman: God's Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.