Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,152 members, 7,811,301 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

No Gang-up Can Change Our Will – Sen. Abe Rejects Tonye Cole As Consensus - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Gang-up Can Change Our Will – Sen. Abe Rejects Tonye Cole As Consensus (1360 Views)

Rivers APC Adopts Tonye Cole As 2023 Consensus Guber Candidate / Breaking: Rotimi Amaechi Loses As INEC Rejects Tonye Cole As Rivers Guber Candid / Uchendu Describes Choice Of Tonye Cole As 'a Breath Of Fresh Air' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Gang-up Can Change Our Will – Sen. Abe Rejects Tonye Cole As Consensus by emmatex2020: 3:46pm On Apr 25, 2022
A Rivers State Governorship aspirant under the All Progressives Congress, Sen. Magnus Abe has declared that no “amount of gang up can change the will of the people of the State”.
The Senator made the declaration in Okrika Local Government Area of the State while addressing his supporters during the inauguration of BATS Vanguard in the LGA on Sunday.
Sen. Abe was responding to the endorsement of Lagos State businessman, Tonye Cole as the consensus governorship candidate of the APC.
Abe noted that the Rivers people cannot be enslaved by anyone.
He advised his supporters to brace up for the fight ahead, which he said would not be easy.
In his words, “let me assure you all that the road ahead will not be easy. Challenging the powers that have been established will not be easy, but you have the power, you have the capacity, you have the audacity if you’re willing to stand up and fight for what you believe.
“We are not afraid, I know that no amount of gang-
up can over take the will of Rivers people if we make up our mind.
“I have said before and I want to say it again, Rivers people have never been slaves to anybody and nobody no matter the amount of money you have, nobody can enslave us here in Rivers State. We can chart our own destiny.
“We are having an election and people are already bringing in their partner; you all should look for your own partners so you can enjoy the dividends of a good leadership when the time comes and that is the reason I am here today to tell you that I am ready to serve you and I pledge that my kind of government will make sure you eat before I eat”.
Also speaking, the former Attorney-General of Rivers state, Wogu Boms said the endorsement of Tonye Cole as the consensus governorship candidate of the party will not work.
“Do not tell me anything; I know everything, we experimented with Dakuku, we failed spectacularly, we experimented with Tonye Cole, he could not even enter the ballot, we used Awara, we failed woefully again, now we still want to experiment with Tonye Cole again, it will not work,” he said.

1 Like

Re: No Gang-up Can Change Our Will – Sen. Abe Rejects Tonye Cole As Consensus by Truthisunique2: 3:56pm On Apr 25, 2022
I advise apc in Rivers to go for primary

Abe don't even have delegates so why not allow him loose fairly
Re: No Gang-up Can Change Our Will – Sen. Abe Rejects Tonye Cole As Consensus by Nigerialabalaba: 4:01pm On Apr 25, 2022
I see dis coming. It will anoda epic battle and Magnus go win again grin
Re: No Gang-up Can Change Our Will – Sen. Abe Rejects Tonye Cole As Consensus by Nigerialabalaba: 4:03pm On Apr 25, 2022
Truthisunique2:

Hahaha....u be sumol boy. Na d fear of Magnus defeating Amaechi again and d shame dem dey scare of. Dey sabi wetin dey

1 Like

Re: No Gang-up Can Change Our Will – Sen. Abe Rejects Tonye Cole As Consensus by Truthisunique2: 4:09pm On Apr 25, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

Hahaha....u be sumol boy. Na d fear of Magnus defeating Amaechi again and d shame dem dey scare of. Dey sabi wetin dey
tinubu boy

There is no fear of Abe, they just want to shut him off completely which is the issue, they should rather be giving him chance to contest and loose as usual

Amaechi was the one that carried delegates of rivers to convention

Abe could only go as a former senator of apc, he no get level

Re: No Gang-up Can Change Our Will – Sen. Abe Rejects Tonye Cole As Consensus by Tinubuadvocate: 4:12pm On Apr 25, 2022
cheesy
Re: No Gang-up Can Change Our Will – Sen. Abe Rejects Tonye Cole As Consensus by Nigerialabalaba: 4:13pm On Apr 25, 2022
Truthisunique2:
tinubu boy

There is no fear of Abe, they just want to shut him off completely which is the issue

Amaechi was the one that carried delegates of rivers to convention

Abe could only go as a former senator of apc, he no get level
if ur Amaechi no fear am and if Abe no fit do dem Shege, na by having real transparent primaries go talk am. D only reason una dey fear na because una no fit defeat am for primaries.shikena.
As at today, Abe na statutory delegate for APC primaries wey go vote for APC Presidential primaries. Magnus Abe go deliver hin vote and group vote for Jagaban for APC Presidential primary.
Re: No Gang-up Can Change Our Will – Sen. Abe Rejects Tonye Cole As Consensus by Truthisunique2: 4:15pm On Apr 25, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

if ur Amaechi no fear am and if Abe no fit do dem Shege, na by having real transparent primaries go talk am. D only reason una dey fear na because una no fit defeat am for primaries.shikena
they have had real primaries before just some weeks ago

Abe brought his candidate for deputy chairman south south, amaechi brought giadom

They went to election and Abe got flogged

He only has one vote to himself, he has no group, na only three delegates for rivers he fit pull

The people he pay for rallies are not delegates, he is scamming tinubu

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Gang-up Can Change Our Will – Sen. Abe Rejects Tonye Cole As Consensus by Nigerialabalaba: 4:23pm On Apr 25, 2022
Truthisunique2:
they have had real primaries before just some weeks ago

Abe brought his candidate for deputy chairman south south, amaechi brought giadom

They went to election and Abe got flogged

Dat na Selection shared by political zone wey con microzone am to Rivers and since na Amaechi faction Buni recognize, dat na why d errand boy of Amaechi, Giadom, collect am.
State primaries no be so and for APC Presidential primaries, most of d statutory delegates dey for Magnus Abe group. U see ur life so.

Now imagine Rivers wey dey divided and compare to many states wey go deliver 100% for dia preferred candidate. Na Abe go defeat Amaechi again. Even Tonye Cole no be statutory candidate for APC Presidential primaries o. Na Amaechi dey use hin badluck spoil Tonye Cole chances. Tonye dey cool headed . Amaechi go ruin d chances of APC again unless he accept Magnus as formidable wey e supppse partner with instead of fighting
Re: No Gang-up Can Change Our Will – Sen. Abe Rejects Tonye Cole As Consensus by Truthisunique2: 4:33pm On Apr 25, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

Dat na Selection shared by political zone wey con microzone am to Rivers and since na Amaechi faction Buni recognize, dat na why d errand boy of Amaechi, Giadom, collect am.
State primaries no be so and for APC Presidential primaries, most of d statutory delegates dey for Magnus Abe group. U see ur life so.

Now imagine Rivers wey dey divided and compare to many states wey go deliver 100% for dia preferred candidate. Na Abe go defeat Amaechi again. Even Tonye Cole no be statutory candidate for APC Presidential primaries o. Na Amaechi dey use hin badluck spoil Tonye Cole chances. Tonye dey cool headed . Amaechi go ruin d chances of APC again unless he accept Magnus as formidable wey e supppse partner with instead of fighting
you see how you fooling yourself

Tonye Cole is a statutory delegate and was at the convention together with peterside etc

The zoning of south south to rivers didn't just reach amaechi hand because he is the accepted leader of the party, the post was further contested by Abe who objected to consesus

Yet lost woefully securing only his vote and the candidate he was routing for

2 Likes

Re: No Gang-up Can Change Our Will – Sen. Abe Rejects Tonye Cole As Consensus by gifteddion(m): 4:38pm On Apr 25, 2022
Come to Rivers state u will know that Abe is not even on ground Magnus Abe have been relying on Gov. Wike support, Magnus Abe can only boost 3 statutory members, check all d court cases Magnus defeated Amaechi u will see dat they are all wike Judges, now Amaechi has blocked all those Loopholes, right now Magnus have lost out completely what he does is go to diff LGAs to campaign for Tinubu not his for his Governorship ambition, all he does is to decieve his followers that he is on ground, Magnus only Project is Tinubu for ministerial position incase Tinubu wins.

2 Likes

Re: No Gang-up Can Change Our Will – Sen. Abe Rejects Tonye Cole As Consensus by Truthisunique2: 4:48pm On Apr 25, 2022
gifteddion:
Come to Rivers state u will know that Abe is not even on ground Magnus Abe have been relying on Gov. Wike support, Magnus Abe can only boost 3 statutory members, check all d court cases Magnus defeated Amaechi u will see dat they are all wike Judges, now Amaechi has blocked all those Loopholes, right now Magnus have lost out completely what he does is go to diff LGAs to campaign for Tinubu not his for his Governorship ambition, all he does is to decieve his followers that he is on ground, Magnus only Project is Tinubu for ministerial position incase Tinubu wins.
na the same Abe that was crying that Amaechi included dead people as apc delegates

If he had any say in Rivers apc I wonder why amaechi should be the one submitting delegates list

2 Likes

Re: No Gang-up Can Change Our Will – Sen. Abe Rejects Tonye Cole As Consensus by Nigerialabalaba: 4:50pm On Apr 25, 2022
Truthisunique2:

Tonye Cole is a statutory delegate and was at the convention together with peterside etc

The zoning of south south to rivers didn't just reach amaechi hand because he is the accepted leader of the party, the post was further contested by Abe who objected to consesus

abeg which post Tonye Cole hold before for APC?Olodo
Re: No Gang-up Can Change Our Will – Sen. Abe Rejects Tonye Cole As Consensus by Truthisunique2: 4:55pm On Apr 25, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

joke on you keep crying

He was at amaechi back as delegate

I think I would stop here with you

2 Likes

Re: No Gang-up Can Change Our Will – Sen. Abe Rejects Tonye Cole As Consensus by Nigerialabalaba: 5:04pm On Apr 25, 2022
Truthisunique2:
joke on you keep crying

He was at amaechi back as delegate

I think I would stop here with you
so anyone wey wear aso ebi with Amaechi and follow him to APC convention don automatocally become delegate for APC Presidential primaries? Smh.
Go quote me to ur masters, for d upcoming APC presidential primaries for Abuja, while Abe be a statitory delegate wey go vote Tonye no be a statutory delegate. Dat na why I say u be sumol boy. E go shock u how most of d statutory delegates for Rivers like Abe go vote for Jagaban and not Amaechi. Abe go teach Amaechi lesson again. shiorr
Re: No Gang-up Can Change Our Will – Sen. Abe Rejects Tonye Cole As Consensus by SarkinYarki: 5:07pm On Apr 25, 2022
Tonye has better chance of being petroleum minister next year than being governor
Re: No Gang-up Can Change Our Will – Sen. Abe Rejects Tonye Cole As Consensus by Gozac: 5:33pm On Apr 25, 2022
Truthisunique2:

You are right bro and it is most likely going to happen
Re: No Gang-up Can Change Our Will – Sen. Abe Rejects Tonye Cole As Consensus by Gozac: 5:33pm On Apr 25, 2022
SarkinYarki:
Tonye has better chance of being petroleum minister next year than being governor
He will do well as a governor too
Re: No Gang-up Can Change Our Will – Sen. Abe Rejects Tonye Cole As Consensus by Gozac: 5:41pm On Apr 25, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

Easy,Abe has lost out in Rivers APC, he is one of the sides of Tinubu hoping for a Tinubu candidature to go through so that his dead political career will be resurrected by an appointment
Amaechi remains the leader of APC in Rivers
What Abe is doing,to Amaechi in Rivers no APC member can do that to Tinubu in Lagos where I reside
Everything will end in praise for Amaechi,Rivers APC and Nigerians in general

2 Likes

Re: No Gang-up Can Change Our Will – Sen. Abe Rejects Tonye Cole As Consensus by Gozac: 5:42pm On Apr 25, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

Easy,Abe has lost out in Rivers APC, he is one of the aides of Tinubu hoping for a Tinubu candidature to go through so that his dead political career will be resurrected by an appointment
What Abe is doing,to Amaechi in Rivers no APC member can do that to Tinubu in Lagos where I reside

1 Like

Re: No Gang-up Can Change Our Will – Sen. Abe Rejects Tonye Cole As Consensus by Nigerialabalaba: 5:44pm On Apr 25, 2022
Gozac:
Easy,Abe has lost out in Rivers APC, he is one of the aides of Tinubu hoping for a Tinubu candidature to go through so that his dead political career will be resurrected by an appointment
u neva ask my question o. Shey Tonye Cole be statutory delegate for APC primaries like Abe and if so which post e hold before.
Re: No Gang-up Can Change Our Will – Sen. Abe Rejects Tonye Cole As Consensus by Mandate2023: 6:04pm On Apr 25, 2022
Why is Amaechi and co Afraid of primary election....even after having d control of river APC dey still can't go for primary but r doing nonsense up and down looking for consensus

Once magnus abe obtain his nomination form all d nonsense consensus will automatically become void grin grin backyard politicians

APC can't even win without abe, dey need to work extra hard together if dey want to stand a chance but d arrogant Amaechi will know hw far after d tenure of Buhari, all d rail money he has embezzled is enough tho
Re: No Gang-up Can Change Our Will – Sen. Abe Rejects Tonye Cole As Consensus by SarkinYarki: 6:05pm On Apr 25, 2022
Gozac:
He will do well as a governor too

But the odds are against him , he can't face a Wike Abe coalition
Re: No Gang-up Can Change Our Will – Sen. Abe Rejects Tonye Cole As Consensus by ruggedtimi(m): 7:33pm On Apr 25, 2022
SarkinYarki:
you think petroleum minister na by having oil company...

1 Like

Re: No Gang-up Can Change Our Will – Sen. Abe Rejects Tonye Cole As Consensus by ruggedtimi(m): 7:33pm On Apr 25, 2022
The concensus wey Dem give Tonye Cole doesn't mean other aspirants can't contest or that they wouldn't be any primaries. The major aspirants in APC came together and agreed to make Tonye Cole their preferred candidate meaning that during the primaries they will rally their supporters/delegates behind Tonye.

1 Like

Re: No Gang-up Can Change Our Will – Sen. Abe Rejects Tonye Cole As Consensus by ogmask: 7:59pm On Apr 25, 2022
Abe should stop talking and age Cole in the primaries. He sounds like he has been restricted from contesting the primaries.
When I hear Abe say ameachi is running a one man show in Rivers I wonder what he calls tinubu in Lagos politics. Tinubu is a lord in Lagos compared to what ameachi is in rivers. If Abe was in Lagos him go fit challenge tinubu like he dey do with ameachi. Every tom dick and Harry dey insult ameachi like say the pdp for rivers under wike dey practice democracy.
I challenge anybody here to point one state wey God father nor dey. Mention one let's debate it. Make I hear u say Edo!!!
Re: No Gang-up Can Change Our Will – Sen. Abe Rejects Tonye Cole As Consensus by jamesversion: 9:01pm On Apr 25, 2022
Mandate2023:
Why is Amaechi and co Afraid of primary election....even after having d control of river APC dey still can't go for primary but r doing nonsense up and down looking for consensus

Once magnus abe obtain his nomination form all d nonsense consensus will automatically become void grin grin backyard politicians

APC can't even win without abe, dey need to work extra hard together if dey want to stand a chance but d arrogant Amaechi will know hw far after d tenure of Buhari, all d rail money he has embezzled is enough tho

That fool called Abe should be expelled from Rivers APC
Re: No Gang-up Can Change Our Will – Sen. Abe Rejects Tonye Cole As Consensus by SarkinYarki: 9:17pm On Apr 25, 2022
ruggedtimi:
you think petroleum minister na by having oil company...

Where did I say that
Re: No Gang-up Can Change Our Will – Sen. Abe Rejects Tonye Cole As Consensus by justified007: 9:44pm On Apr 25, 2022
Truthisunique2:

Tonye Cole is not a statutory delegate please

(1) (Reply)

Should Soludo Be Impeached? / Congratulations To VP Yemi Osinbajo In Advance / See What DAVIDO Did To This Lady On Stage. Davido Meets Memphis Depay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.