Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,245 members, 7,836,168 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

2023:It Will Be Injustice, Betrayal To Nigerians If I Refuse To Contest―osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023:It Will Be Injustice, Betrayal To Nigerians If I Refuse To Contest―osinbajo (1146 Views)

2023: It Is Unfair To Judge Us Based On Glitch In The Results Upload - INEC / Osinbajo: With All My Experience, It Will Be Injustice If I Don't Contest / ‘You Are A Betrayal To Igbos’ – Kenneth Okonkwo Blasted Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

2023:It Will Be Injustice, Betrayal To Nigerians If I Refuse To Contest―osinbajo by TheRareGem1(f): 7:10pm On Apr 25, 2022
Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, has said that he would have done a disservice to the Nigerian people and injustice to Nigeria if he failed to contest in the next year’s presidential election, saying “it will be a betrayal not to accept to serve our dear country”

Osinbajo stated this on Monday in Akure, Ondo State capital, during his visit to the State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu, said retiring to his Ikene country home with all the experiences garnered as a public servant would amount to disservice to the people and himself, saying he cannot afford to retire early from politics.

He said the visit was to intimate Akeredolu and his cabinet, as well as state lawmakers and APC chieftains in the state, of his desire to run for the party’s presidential ticket.

He, however, solicited the support of delegates in the state for his aspiration, disclosing that by virtue of the active roles President Muhammadu Buhari bestowed on him, he is more than ready to lead the country

He said, “Opportunity of public service is the most valuable thing. It comes once in a while. It is a special privilege to be called upon to serve. Our country needs service. That is what will get our country out of the doldrums.

“I have formally declared my intention to run as President. It was because nobody can be anything if God has not decided it. I believe the hand of God must be upon me.

“In that capacity, I got to find out so many things and gained lots of experience. I had opportunities to do what I could do. Knowing what I know and experience I think it will be a betrayal to our Nation.

“With all that has been given to me, I now retire quietly, it will be a great disservice to our country. I want to ensure I make the best case for the position I can.

“Now the opportunity has come, knowing what I know and the experience I have had, it will be a betrayal of all that I have been given I now retire to either Lagos or Ikenne to write memoirs, it will be a great injustice.

“I have come to you because you can make it happen as delegates. We make sure that. Nobody can be anything unless God says you will become what He has planned. God will make it happen and we will give the nation the best.”

Speaking earlier, Akeredolu corroborated with the Vice President that it is only God that enthrones, emphasising that the emergence of Osinbajo as the number two citizen in 2015 was divine.

“We have known ourselves for long, not today. We did not meet in politics, we have been friends since secondary school. Nothing can separate us as friends.

“Ondo State is a state for you and a state for all. Be homely, this is your home. Where you are going, it is God that can take you there. It is only God that can do it.”

https://tribuneonlineng.com/2023-it-will-be-injustice-betrayal-to-nigerians-if-i-refuse-to-contest-%e2%80%95-osinbajo/?

238 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023:It Will Be Injustice, Betrayal To Nigerians If I Refuse To Contest―osinbajo by TheRareGem1(f): 7:10pm On Apr 25, 2022
We will drag you to court. Challenge you legally
Re: 2023:It Will Be Injustice, Betrayal To Nigerians If I Refuse To Contest―osinbajo by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 25, 2022
bullshit...And where can an average Nigeria get 100millions to contest? or 50millions and so on
Re: 2023:It Will Be Injustice, Betrayal To Nigerians If I Refuse To Contest―osinbajo by Charleys: 7:19pm On Apr 25, 2022
Nice one. I wrote an article a long time ago about the new afonja on the block.

https://www.nairaland.com/6968668/osibanjo-new-afonja-block

I wasn't wrong.
Re: 2023:It Will Be Injustice, Betrayal To Nigerians If I Refuse To Contest―osinbajo by Ttalk: 7:20pm On Apr 25, 2022
The ship of Osinbajo has sailed, It started from Igbokoda in Ondo state and now moving towards Lagos through Ogun State. SW people are very reasonable and always consider the future. Osinbajo is the future we all seek. Let make it happen

263 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023:It Will Be Injustice, Betrayal To Nigerians If I Refuse To Contest―osinbajo by okefranci: 7:21pm On Apr 25, 2022
In fact ,I will be the first to challenge you sir ,we are extremely happy the day you declared your intention
Re: 2023:It Will Be Injustice, Betrayal To Nigerians If I Refuse To Contest―osinbajo by SmartPolician: 7:22pm On Apr 25, 2022
Keep deceiving yourself, you hear?

You watched Buhari bring down the economy of Nigeria to its knees yet you claim you want to build on the success of this administration. What success exactly?

People on the streets measure government success based on how their lives have improved, not what they read in the dailies and weekly gaslight from Femi Adesina and Laolu Akande.

1 Like

Re: 2023:It Will Be Injustice, Betrayal To Nigerians If I Refuse To Contest―osinbajo by VoteTinubu2023: 7:23pm On Apr 25, 2022
Nice Point.

Osibanjo is a worthy Presidential candidate.

For now, we strongly believe Tinubu is the man with the nationwide influence needed to win the Nigerian presidency.

Vote Tinubu 2023

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023:It Will Be Injustice, Betrayal To Nigerians If I Refuse To Contest―osinbajo by MikoB: 7:29pm On Apr 25, 2022
You have done well Mr VP, just continue to push harder you are almost there.

1 Like

Re: 2023:It Will Be Injustice, Betrayal To Nigerians If I Refuse To Contest―osinbajo by Nigerialabalaba: 7:45pm On Apr 25, 2022
Mtcheeeew...Odale. shior

3 Likes

Re: 2023:It Will Be Injustice, Betrayal To Nigerians If I Refuse To Contest―osinbajo by TheNiceGuy(m): 7:49pm On Apr 25, 2022
Alright.

Power belongs to God
Re: 2023:It Will Be Injustice, Betrayal To Nigerians If I Refuse To Contest―osinbajo by Lovelive: 7:50pm On Apr 25, 2022
He can't say that. May be he is under the influence of alcohol or...

TheRareGem1:
Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, has said that he would have done a disservice to the Nigerian people and injustice to qNigeria if he failed to contest in the next year’s presidential election, saying “it will be a betrayal not to accept to serve our dear country”

Osinbajo stated this on Monday in Akure, Ondo State capital, during his visit to the State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu, said retiring to his Ikene country home with all the experiences garnered as a public servant would amount to disservice to the people and himself, saying he cannot afford to retire early from politics.

He said the visit was to intimate Akeredolu and his cabinet, as well as state lawmakers and APC chieftains in the state, of his desire to run for the party’s presidential ticket.

He, however, solicited the support of delegates in the state for his aspiration, disclosing that by virtue of the active roles President Muhammadu Buhari bestowed on him, he is more than ready to lead the country

He said, “Opportunity of public service is the most valuable thing. It comes once in a while. It is a special privilege to be called upon to serve. Our country needs service. That is what will get our country out of the doldrums.

“I have formally declared my intention to run as President. It was because nobody can be anything if God has not decided it. I believe the hand of God must be upon me.

“In that capacity, I got to find out so many things and gained lots of experience. I had opportunities to do what I could do. Knowing what I know and experience I think it will be a betrayal to our Nation.

“With all that has been given to me, I now retire quietly, it will be a great disservice to our country. I want to ensure I make the best case for the position I can.

“Now the opportunity has come, knowing what I know and the experience I have had, it will be a betrayal of all that I have been given I now retire to either Lagos or Ikenne to write memoirs, it will be a great injustice.

“I have come to you because you can make it happen as delegates. We make sure that. Nobody can be anything unless God says you will become what He has planned. God will make it happen and we will give the nation the best.”

Speaking earlier, Akeredolu corroborated with the Vice President that it is only God that enthrones, emphasising that the emergence of Osinbajo as the number two citizen in 2015 was divine.

“We have known ourselves for long, not today. We did not meet in politics, we have been friends since secondary school. Nothing can separate us as friends.

“Ondo State is a state for you and a state for all. Be homely, this is your home. Where you are going, it is God that can take you there. It is only God that can do it.”

https://tribuneonlineng.com/2023-it-will-be-injustice-betrayal-to-nigerians-if-i-refuse-to-contest-%e2%80%95-osinbajo/?
Re: 2023:It Will Be Injustice, Betrayal To Nigerians If I Refuse To Contest―osinbajo by seunmsg(m): 7:54pm On Apr 25, 2022
“I have come to you because you can make it happen as delegates. We make sure that. Nobody can be anything unless God says you ywill become what He has planned. God will make it happen and we will give the nation the best.”

The part in bold is the most important point for me. I love the fact that he’s consulting and meeting delegates. That’s the way to go. Those still waiting for anointing or imposition as consensus candidate should take note. Best of luck to the Vice President.

1 Like

Re: 2023:It Will Be Injustice, Betrayal To Nigerians If I Refuse To Contest―osinbajo by bennybuhari: 7:54pm On Apr 25, 2022
Injustice kee you there
Re: 2023:It Will Be Injustice, Betrayal To Nigerians If I Refuse To Contest―osinbajo by inoki247: 7:55pm On Apr 25, 2022
lol injustice from what I just wish Thunder can jus fire him and doz English wey e dey always talk....

Injustice and Betrayal from what
Re: 2023:It Will Be Injustice, Betrayal To Nigerians If I Refuse To Contest―osinbajo by PrinceOfLagos: 8:15pm On Apr 25, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:
Mtcheeeew...Odale. shior
Oga stop this nonsense please

Odale or no odale, we love Osibanjo and prefer him to Tinubu

2 Likes

Re: 2023:It Will Be Injustice, Betrayal To Nigerians If I Refuse To Contest―osinbajo by Joylove2324(f): 8:30pm On Apr 25, 2022
Re: 2023:It Will Be Injustice, Betrayal To Nigerians If I Refuse To Contest―osinbajo by Web2020: 8:31pm On Apr 25, 2022
God bless Prof Yemi Osinbajo,
God bless federal Republic of Nigeria,
God bless those who bless Osinbajo
Osinbajo is the right man for the job.
Go, Nigerians are with you. Go, the incoming president. Nothing, I mean nothing can stop you. Go, you are God's project, a messiah.

2 Likes

Re: 2023:It Will Be Injustice, Betrayal To Nigerians If I Refuse To Contest―osinbajo by Babalawoniger: 8:35pm On Apr 25, 2022
From the little I have known about Osinbajo, I am convinced he will do well. I will never blame him for his master (Buhari) failure. Even Amechi once criticized Buhari that he doesn't listen to advice.
Re: 2023:It Will Be Injustice, Betrayal To Nigerians If I Refuse To Contest―osinbajo by Duru009(m): 9:18pm On Apr 25, 2022
Osinbajo is part of this mess, so after 8yrs you still want to rule this country again.....

On what bases
Re: 2023:It Will Be Injustice, Betrayal To Nigerians If I Refuse To Contest―osinbajo by Cajal(m): 9:42pm On Apr 25, 2022
Betrayal
Re: 2023:It Will Be Injustice, Betrayal To Nigerians If I Refuse To Contest―osinbajo by adigun27: 9:47pm On Apr 25, 2022
Judas
Re: 2023:It Will Be Injustice, Betrayal To Nigerians If I Refuse To Contest―osinbajo by 1871ae: 4:38am On Apr 26, 2022
[s]
TheNiceGuy:
Alright.

Power belongs to God
[/s]
Re: 2023:It Will Be Injustice, Betrayal To Nigerians If I Refuse To Contest―osinbajo by Mynd44: 7:17am On Apr 26, 2022

(1)

/ Where Is Peter Obi? The Day Kemi Adeosun Called Out Peter Obi For False Data / Tinubu Receiving Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.