Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,212 members, 7,811,577 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

Is There An Agenda Against Faith In Nairaland? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There An Agenda Against Faith In Nairaland? (1561 Views)

The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria / “noah”: A Biblical Tale Rewritten To Push An Agenda / Unfolding Agenda Against Christianity In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There An Agenda Against Faith In Nairaland? by idiotboop(f): 2:54pm On Feb 19, 2006
I have watched with great interest the activities of some in Nairaland. What drew me was the atmosphere at first , but i get a shiver these days at the route the land is taking, I fear some of us are taking this forum to a place i really don't want to associate with any more.

I see a trend of disdain and outright disrespect of the christian and moslem faith being propaganded. I left the general forum to the christian in the hope that i will meet like minded people, but find where it says christianity for christians is not so and islam for islamic not so.

Maybe some will say i can not take criticsm, not true, but frown on outright disrespect by many who feel their unbelief or athetist views are always right.

I see a trend that if not checked would cause problems as many users are very young and impressionable and like i said if not checked alot of our young users will fall into wicked hands.
Re: Is There An Agenda Against Faith In Nairaland? by nferyn(m): 12:10am On Feb 20, 2006
bettyboop,
Do you feel uncomfortable if people are expressing opinions different than yours?
It is quite obvious that people argue and try to present their points of view as clearly as possible. It is sadening that what you probably consider to be the ultimate truth cannot be questioned. Is your faith/religion so weak that it cannot withstand any open criticism.

Your implicit attribution of wickedness to non-religious people is uncalled for.
Re: Is There An Agenda Against Faith In Nairaland? by luridguy(m): 12:42am On Feb 20, 2006
well i think she is trying to say some people try to,how do i put it now emm impose their religon or veiws it is one thing to state your opinion but to put it in a way that is kind of saying ,this is right everything else is wrong ,is what she is frowning at  give your opinion and if someone wants to learn from it or feels it is worth looking at fine. people should just watch what they say and how they say it  smiley
Re: Is There An Agenda Against Faith In Nairaland? by oasis: 2:36am On Feb 20, 2006
@bettyboop

You seem to be suggesting that a lack of religious belief is wrong.

My suggestion to you is that you need to train your children to be free thinkers.  That way, they would have the power to research the pros and cons of what they see and hear before deciding on a path to follow.  That is the greatest gift you can give a child, instead of indocrination into embracing a particular religion.

If you tell people they have to be either christian or moslem, what about the other religions of the world?

For example, Buddhism is a religion that emphasizes good deeds and peaceful existence.  You're never supposed to have negative or destructive thoughts.  How is that religion worse than say Islam that riots over cartoons?
Re: Is There An Agenda Against Faith In Nairaland? by africanboy(m): 11:04am On Feb 20, 2006
Nigeria has over 120million people, with contributors from outside, and u r worried about less than a million expressing their views. Thrash

[size=18pt]Express yours! [/size]

Am a free thinker, I personally dont operate under any specific religion, though I was brought up with a not too harsh christian background. I dropped with when it didnt seem to work like I expected. Never tried Islam, dont think I would.

1 Like

Re: Is There An Agenda Against Faith In Nairaland? by Hndholder(m): 12:15pm On Feb 21, 2006
undecided
Re: Is There An Agenda Against Faith In Nairaland? by otokx(m): 6:21pm On Feb 21, 2006
there is no agenda against faith in nairaland.
Re: Is There An Agenda Against Faith In Nairaland? by donnie(m): 2:52pm On Mar 10, 2006
I perform better and my light shines brighter in such dark environments as these.
Re: Is There An Agenda Against Faith In Nairaland? by allonym: 11:45pm On Mar 22, 2006
hmm, let the children fall into the wicked hands of christians or nonchristians
Re: Is There An Agenda Against Faith In Nairaland? by gidig(m): 7:57pm On Mar 23, 2006
I think I can feel some of the sentiments of betty and it is something that is easily discerened from the comments of people online anyway.Cyberville provides people with an opurtuntity to show how bold and sometime brazen their views can be.It is the brand of intellectualism that we are exposed to.

In my university days, I had mates who felt that to be truly educated they have to hit at God or whatever concept of it that is available-opium of the masses according to Mr Marx- It is sjust a form of rebellion.Even when very 'serious' topics are posted, there are some who simply draw it to their level of thinking.Who needs God when things are going so smooth and we have acquired all the knowledge to handle all things,gizmos, philosophies and all.Who needs God when the some popular people in the forum show that they dont.

Bettyboop, if you are certain in your heart about what you believe and the reality of it, live the life then.Nairaland is not perfect but I have global forums that are worse.And it is not yet worse;people will snare at God and be clapped for.Go through your Bible my dear,Jesus Christ warned about it.
Re: Is There An Agenda Against Faith In Nairaland? by reniks(f): 8:00am On Mar 25, 2006
Bettyboop i really understand how u feel.When i got to the religion forum i was shocked when i read some of the posts.For starters,it hadnt ever occurred to me that there were that many people who didn't believe in God.But i don't know about the agenda faith thing cos its a forum,a public and open discussion and its expected that people will express their opinions passionately.What can be done for the young impressionable minds is for you to stress the existence of God as much or even more than the atheist do.So you can actually help them by making them no God exists and why.U really don't need to leave.Besides i think if we were thinking of the agenda faith thing,then i expect people of other religions outside christianity and Islam,and who are not atheist should have a bone to pick.

1 Like

Re: Is There An Agenda Against Faith In Nairaland? by TYPOP(m): 1:46pm On Mar 25, 2006
@bettyboop

I guess the best thing to do is read and not comment to what is against us. You know, we may be the light God is sending to some people's lives. Keep praying for all of us. I do.
Re: Is There An Agenda Against Faith In Nairaland? by allonym: 7:42am On Mar 26, 2006
Against who?

Since when is the only "faith" christianity?

If you want to insulate yourself (to some degree), post in Christianity for Christians.

If you haven't noticed, I only question things in that section based solely on what is explicitly said in the bible, yet is contradicted by current christian doctrine.
Re: Is There An Agenda Against Faith In Nairaland? by TYPOP(m): 8:47pm On Mar 27, 2006
@allonym
I guess you replied my post. You could've inserted a quote. Anyway, it's not about insulation. She expressed her views, she wants to have a contact with the world without contamination. I told her how I thought she could do it. No scrubs or are there?
Re: Is There An Agenda Against Faith In Nairaland? by Oloruntobi4382(m): 9:32am On Aug 19, 2017
Operation revive old threads
Re: Is There An Agenda Against Faith In Nairaland? by sonofluc1fer: 9:45am On Aug 19, 2017
11 YEARS LATER. Front page.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram , Polygamy ,politics &satellite pic,What Does The Bible Say By Musiwa / Delivered From intimate Addiction, And Occult Powers!!! / Is Watching The Movie Series-dominion A Blasphemy Agains God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.