Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,097 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Kane Tanaka World Oldest Person Dies In Japan (pics) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Kane Tanaka World Oldest Person Dies In Japan (pics) (596 Views)

Six-Month-Old Baby Boy Dies In His Sleep After Mother Gave Him Tramadol (Photos) / Woman Dies In An Accident While Chasing Cheating Husband In Calabar / Kean Itubo Itari Umasala Is Dead! Oldest Woman In Rivers Dies At 160 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kane Tanaka World Oldest Person Dies In Japan (pics) by officialwdhtv: 12:04pm On Apr 26, 2022
Kane Tanaka, the world's oldest person, has died in Japan aged 119, according to a statement released by the country's Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare.

Tanaka, who was born on January 2, 1903, died on April 19, the ministry said.

Guinness World Records said they were saddened to hear of Tanaka's passing, and said the news of her death had been confirmed by senior gerontology consultant Robert Young, who also helped confirm her record as the oldest person alive back in 2019.

Tweeting about her death, Guinness World Records said: "She became the oldest living person in January 2019 at the age of 116 years and 28 days.

"She is also the second oldest person ever recorded, behind only Jeanne Calment who lived to the age of 122."

Tanaka's family said in a tweet earlier this month that she had been frequently sick recently and "in and out of hospital."

Born in 1903, Tanaka married a rice shop owner at the age of 19, and worked in the family store until she was 103.

She twice survived cancer and lived through a multitude of historical events, surviving two world wars and the 1918 Spanish flu -- as well as the Covid-19 pandemic.

CNN previously reported on Tanaka during her preparation to participate in the Olympic torch relay ahead of the postponed Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics.

The plan had been that she would take the flame as it passed through Shime, in her home prefecture of Fukuoka, but ultimately she did not participate, because of concerns about Covid-19.

Tanaka had been living in a nursing home in Fukuoka. Her family said she kept her mind and body engaged by doing math and remaining curious.

Tanaka's great-granddaughter Junko Tanaka set up a Twitter account in January 2020 to celebrate the supercentenarian's life.

She tweeted photos of her great-grandmother enjoying treats such as cake and soda pop, and shared her achievements and the exchanges she had with her relatives.

CNN previously reported Junko as saying of her grandmother: "I might be biased because I'm related to her but I think it's kind of amazing -- I wanted to share that with the world and for people to feel inspired and to feel her joy."

In 2020, one in every 1,565 people in Japan was over 100 years old -- more than 88% of them women. Government figures released in July 2020 showed that women have a life expectancy of 87.45 years compared with 81.4 for men.

Announcing Tanaka's death on its website on Monday, Guinness World Records said "the titles of oldest person living and oldest person living (female) are currently being investigated" and that further details would be announced in due course.

Source: cnn

Re: Kane Tanaka World Oldest Person Dies In Japan (pics) by illicit(m): 12:10pm On Apr 26, 2022
RIP
Re: Kane Tanaka World Oldest Person Dies In Japan (pics) by Aidejay(m): 12:19pm On Apr 26, 2022
I want to live up to age 122 but I don't want to look like that.

Can I be 122 and look like this.

1 Like

Re: Kane Tanaka World Oldest Person Dies In Japan (pics) by habsydiamond(m): 12:39pm On Apr 26, 2022
Oga at the top u can look like that only in ur dreams.

1 Like

Re: Kane Tanaka World Oldest Person Dies In Japan (pics) by HUSTLER001: 12:42pm On Apr 26, 2022
If you live up to 70,the only thing you should just be thinking about is how to meet your maker because of a truth,your health would start to show signs of deterioration. Be active while you are still young so as not to do the job of young ones at old age.
Re: Kane Tanaka World Oldest Person Dies In Japan (pics) by Jeon(f): 12:50pm On Apr 26, 2022
RIP.

2 Likes

Re: Kane Tanaka World Oldest Person Dies In Japan (pics) by Mariangeles(f): 12:52pm On Apr 26, 2022
Aidejay:

In your dreams. grin grin
Re: Kane Tanaka World Oldest Person Dies In Japan (pics) by Benbelor(m): 1:21pm On Apr 26, 2022
Wtf man

Japanese dea old sha but I feel like there’s an oldie somewhere in Nigeria that’s somewhat above that age.
Re: Kane Tanaka World Oldest Person Dies In Japan (pics) by debbydams(f): 9:44pm On Apr 26, 2022
Benbelor:
Wtf man

Japanese dea old sha but I feel like there’s an oldie somewhere in Nigeria that’s somewhat above that age.
yes..my great grandma died two years ago at the age of 130+
Re: Kane Tanaka World Oldest Person Dies In Japan (pics) by DontBullshitMe: 11:49pm On Apr 26, 2022
Anything above 80, I don't think I want any more of it.
Re: Kane Tanaka World Oldest Person Dies In Japan (pics) by officialwdhtv: 3:05am On Apr 27, 2022
Aidejay:

Hahaha not possible...
Re: Kane Tanaka World Oldest Person Dies In Japan (pics) by Nobody: 5:08am On Apr 27, 2022
Re: Kane Tanaka World Oldest Person Dies In Japan (pics) by Richy4(m): 6:01am On Apr 27, 2022
Aidejay:

grin cheesy
At that age, u won't have any peer pressure any more... The new generation will not understand you and you will not understand them..

If u ask, where is John? They will tell you gone, what about Titi? Gone... Call Alex for me so that I can talk to him... Gone..., Please don't tell me Emeka is gone as well... Yes sir he departed 19 years ago... Is that the kind of life you want cheesy

(1) (Reply)

There Is No Way You Can Withdraw From An ATM Card With No Pin / It’s My Birthday Again � / Woman, Why????!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.