Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,244 members, 7,818,838 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? (28424 Views)

Austin Russell Is Forbes Youngest Self-Made Billionaire (Photos) / Nnewi: Nigeria’s Self-made Industrial Hub / Meet John Collison, Harvard Dropout And World's Youngest Self-Made Billionaire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by YahooG(m): 2:40pm On Apr 26, 2022
Won't be bad if you create one,drop my mic,off I go, to twitter!
Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by tillaman(m): 2:40pm On Apr 26, 2022
Yes
Western lotto Baba ijebu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by thundafire: 2:40pm On Apr 26, 2022
None all the get quanta with either GTB or Stanbic for court grin
Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by BadNews: 2:41pm On Apr 26, 2022
No Be Small Thing ooooo
Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by bsalawu: 2:41pm On Apr 26, 2022
Mine in few years.

DoveXlover:
Since Elon Musk acquired twitter for 45 billion dollars, i have been thinking.

We all know that twitter was founded by Americans in America and there are other companies from America that i believe are worth more than 40 billion dollars.

From social media companies to food companies to Pepsi to coca cola and many more companies built from the scratch in America that are now worth over 50 billion dollars.

So the question is do we have home made companies built from the scratch whether offline or online that are worth more than 40 billion dollars in Nigeria?
I will like to know their names?

Note!!! I am talking about built from scratch Nigeria companies whether it's social media or food companies or otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Winning123: 2:43pm On Apr 26, 2022
Unfortunately we do not. Many of them are tied to the apron string of the owners and ran as shops, with no corporate governance, including Dangote. They do not have process including the ones quoted on the stock exchange

DoveXlover:

We all know that twitter was founded by Americans in America and there are other companies from America that i believe are worth more than 40 billion dollars.

From social media companies to food companies to Pepsi to coca cola and many more companies built from the scratch in America that are now worth over 50 billion dollars.

So the question is do we have home made companies built from the scratch whether offline or online that are worth more than 40 billion dollars in Nigeria?

Note!!! I am talking about built from scratch Nigeria companies whether it's social media or food companies or otherwise.

4 Likes

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by iramure(m): 2:43pm On Apr 26, 2022
Yes we have
Useless mega churches and mosque all over the country where they destroy people's mentality with meaningless, foolish, and idiotic messages called sermon.

8 Likes

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Upworkwriter007(f): 2:44pm On Apr 26, 2022
DoveXlover:
Interesting!! You think it's worth 40 billion dollars?
Dagote group is worth that much.
Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by TheFacelessMan: 2:44pm On Apr 26, 2022
Yes ...mine.
Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Burruchaga71(m): 2:44pm On Apr 26, 2022
IMO01:
Dangote group
Even Dangote him self did not worth $40 billion

16 Likes

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Padipadi(m): 2:44pm On Apr 26, 2022
None. The whole worth of Dangote, Rabiu, Otedola, Adenuga, Alakija, Elumelu & Buhari both with assets and human body no worth $30b.
We are so poor that our govt is being run in an expensive way.
That's our first problem.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by anonimi: 2:45pm On Apr 26, 2022
DoveXlover:

Not in Bubu's Fulani Republic of Naijeriya, FRN where cows are worth more than humans, and our irresponsible president said that youths are lazy while trying to attract Foreign DFirect Investment (FDI). How dumb can one man be

Colossusgist:
President Muhammadu Buhari has said that many Nigerian youths just want to sit down and do nothing, banking on the notion that Nigerian is an oil-rich nation.

Speaking at the Commonwealth Business Forum in Westminster on Wednesday, the president said a lot of Nigerian youths have not been to school and they want everything free.

See Speech Below

“About the economy, we have a very young population, our population is estimated conservatively to be 180 million. This is a very conservative one,” Buhari said.

“More than 60 percent of the population is below 30, a lot of them haven’t been to school and they are claiming that Nigeria is an oil producing country, therefore, they should sit and do nothing, and get housing, healthcare, education free.”

The president said he has done well on the three cardinal points of his campaign, including economy and security.

[b]Source -[/b]http://www.colossusgists.com/2018/04/president-buhari-nigerian-youths-are.html

2 Likes

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by otosa(m): 2:46pm On Apr 26, 2022
What of Presidency Nig Plc located at Aso villa Avenue Abuja?

3 Likes

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Upworkwriter007(f): 2:46pm On Apr 26, 2022
DoveXlover:
I will like to know which of the Nigeria banks are worth 40 billion dollars?
No nigerian bank is worth that much. Kuda is the 7th most valuable nigerian financial institution, and it's worth $500 million as at August 2021

13 Likes

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Froshloaded: 2:46pm On Apr 26, 2022
Imagine nairaland goes public on the stock exchange market, plus an update to the site..

In few years time, people will be bidding to buy it.

7 Likes

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Cognitivereason: 2:47pm On Apr 26, 2022
Winners chapel cool

3 Likes

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by dallyemmy: 2:47pm On Apr 26, 2022
Politics
Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Elidrisy20: 2:47pm On Apr 26, 2022
NNPC
Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Maverick777: 2:47pm On Apr 26, 2022
Jeon:

TYPICAL NIGERIAN MAN REPLIED...
ARE YOU TRYING TO BUY THEM.. AS OF THE WAY TWITTER IS HITTING THE HEADLINE?

WHY ASKING?
Please shut up and stop embarassing yourself!
every reply must not be savage, there's time for everything
think mature!

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Rivguydee(m): 2:48pm On Apr 26, 2022
I just can’t believe twitter is worth more than Dangote group��

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by aidameoryou: 2:48pm On Apr 26, 2022
Jeon:

MY FRIEND GET LOST... U JUST ASKING SILLY QUESTIONS AND I GAVE YOU ANSWERS YET U AREN'T SATISFIED...

SINCE YOU SAID I SHOULD DEAL WITH HOSPITALITY [HOSTEL ] I RECOMMEND
BUA FOODS N1.11 TRILLION NOW GO PURCHASE IT.

This small girl with small brain, does 1.11 trillion naira equal 40 billion dollars in your mathematics

24 Likes

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by meobizy(f): 2:49pm On Apr 26, 2022
This forum has an intellectual ceiling. Questions like this reveal it.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Ddokie: 2:49pm On Apr 26, 2022
DoveXlover:

None.

Nigeria's Stock market capitalization was about $57billion dollars in 2020.

That alone tells you we don't have a company worth 40b in Nigeria.

The U.S stock market cap is well over 25trl. Thats why you have companies worth 40b and over.

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Maverick777: 2:49pm On Apr 26, 2022
DoveXlover:
I told you before to focus on knowing the latest hotel rooms in towns.
Is Airtel a Nigeria company built from the scratch?
Guy stop replying that illiterate na!!!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by seunmsg(m): 2:49pm On Apr 26, 2022
DoveXlover:

Nairaland.
Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by DaddyGngeess(m): 2:50pm On Apr 26, 2022
Jeon:

MY FRIEND GET LOST... U JUST ASKING SILLY QUESTIONS AND I GAVE YOU ANSWERS YET U AREN'T SATISFIED...

SINCE YOU SAID I SHOULD DEAL WITH HOSPITALITY [HOSTEL ] I RECOMMEND
BUA FOODS N1.11 TRILLION NOW GO PURCHASE IT.

Stop the insult now pls, you can actually make urself clear without the insult now
Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by blowjohn(m): 2:50pm On Apr 26, 2022
Greyworld:

He created a thread which is insightful. Since it is obviously above your league why not slide?

Okay... you know about Airtel good.

And finally he asked because of Twitter. Nothing wrong about it.

Will u kip quiet.
Which thread is insightful.
U want to buy company ni?
If twitter was not bought u think this thread would have been created?

Abi companies above 40 billion dollars is our problem now in the country?

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Jeon(f): 2:50pm On Apr 26, 2022
Maverick777:
Please shut up and stop embarrassing yourself! every reply must not be savage, there's time for everything think mature!
WHY PISSED OFF? BECAUSE I MENTIONED TYPICAL NIGERIAN MAN REPLY ....

ANOTHER TRASH.

2 Likes

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by MyExpression(m): 2:50pm On Apr 26, 2022
DoveXlover:
Alright if you say so but apart from banks and Dangote company, what other companies do we have that are worth more than 40 billion dollars?
Because surely the Economy won't flourish with banks alone.

Transport company.

Try ABC TRANSPORT group.
Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by miniziter(m): 2:50pm On Apr 26, 2022
Yes, my Moniepoint.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Business Might Not Be For Everyone. My Bitter Experiences / Man Sends 40k Instead Of 4k To A Taxify Driver, He Gets Ignored / Ibadan's Shopping Malls: The More, The Merrier? (and Images)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.