Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,020 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? (28425 Views)

Austin Russell Is Forbes Youngest Self-Made Billionaire (Photos) / Nnewi: Nigeria’s Self-made Industrial Hub / Meet John Collison, Harvard Dropout And World's Youngest Self-Made Billionaire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by HardMirror(m): 3:03pm On Apr 26, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:

Chai. The average Nigerian youth is poor in reasoning. Chai. Mehn. See shallowness
I just gave you an example. Net worth of first bank is 5.6 trillion naira. Please show me the nigerisn bank that is worth $40 billion or shut up. Thought you had sense sef

16 Likes

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by DoctorOlasDesk: 3:04pm On Apr 26, 2022
HardMirror:
I just gave you an example. Net worth of first bank is 5.6 trillion naira. Please show me the nigerisn bank that is worth $40 billion or shut up. Thought you had sense sef

Smh. Nigerian varisities is producing terrible students with extremely low acumen. I'm busy with work. Have fun !
Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Tobies: 3:05pm On Apr 26, 2022
Airtel this airtel that..airtel is actually an indian company

6 Likes

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by 4ckyou: 3:05pm On Apr 26, 2022
Greyworld:
It's okay. No vex .
lol, Una tire for her matter
Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Ournolly: 3:06pm On Apr 26, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:

You guys obviously don't know the true worth of our institutions sha. Anyway majority are youths here. I dey busy abeg. Try finding out the annual profit after value declare by each bank to educate yourself better

I dey busy
Gtbank annual profit before tax in 2021 is around 250 billion naira.
Gtbank as a whole is not worth 2 trillion naira, we are talking of $40 billion, ie, over 18 trillion naira if we exchange 1 usd to 450 naira.
No Nigerian company is worth the half sef.

19 Likes

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Asianjollof007: 3:06pm On Apr 26, 2022
Jeon:

IF YOU QUOTE ME AGAIN YOU ARE REALLY PROOFING THE FACT THAT YOU ARE THE DUMBEST ANUS ON PLANET.

Get lost, dumb ass.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by PericomaNwankwo: 3:06pm On Apr 26, 2022
DoveXlover:
Alright if you say so but apart from banks and Dangote company, what other companies do we have that are worth more than 40 billion dollars?
Because surely the Economy won't flourish with banks alone.

Our banks are not worth much. We have seen banks sold off and absorbed into banks, we all know what they were worth. Bear in mind that the value of an asset/commodity is not determined by its value in the stock market but by the value the buyer and seller are willing to trade it for. We have seen mere NFTs sell for millions of dollars.

Entities such as flutterwave and most fintechs may grow to be worth that and more if they build for as much time as Twitter.

It depends on the buyer, the seller and the potentials held by the value itself.

Modified:

Now remember that Twitter is a global platform, show me one Nigeria startup that serves the global market and I'll show you one that's worth more than Twitter.

13 Likes

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by HardMirror(m): 3:07pm On Apr 26, 2022
Ddokie:

None.

Nigeria's Stock market capitalization was about $57billion dollars in 2020.

That alone tells you we don't have a company worth 40b in Nigeria.

The U.S stock market cap is well over 25trl. Thats why you have companies worth 40b and over.
thank you jare. some ignoramus talking nonsense here claiming Nigerian banks are worth $40b imagine ignorance being proudly displayed.

17 Likes

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Tobies: 3:07pm On Apr 26, 2022
Even dangotes networth isnt up to 40billion dollars..so no company built from the scratch in nigeria is worth $40billion..

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Apr 26, 2022
Emir01:

The amount of crude oil Nigeria produces in one or 2years is over $44 billion not to talk about proven reserves and different minerals not yet tap. Gas and all dat.

then y are we still poor, the poverty capital of the world?

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by HardMirror(m): 3:08pm On Apr 26, 2022
Ournolly:

Gtbank as a whole is not worth 2 trillion naira, we are talking of $40 billion, ie, over 18 trillion naira if we exchange 1 usd to 450 naira.
I honestly respect that doctorolasdesk, did not know they guy can be this ignorant. Claiming nigerian banks are worth that amount.

12 Likes

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Cognitivereason: 3:08pm On Apr 26, 2022
Missionaire:

Obviously, you don't know what a conglomerate is.

It called Dangote groups...and it is a conglomerate itself
And involves several groups..

In all .. combining all the companies/group under dangote groups as a conglomerate..it should surpass $40bn..(not sure though)

U should note dat dangote refinery (a single group) alone worth $19bn

(Fixed)
Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by nairalee(m): 3:09pm On Apr 26, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:

You guys obviously don't know the true worth of our institutions sha. Anyway majority are youths here. I dey busy abeg. Try finding out the annual profit after value declare by each bank to educate yourself better

I dey busy

The time and energy u used in typing these u for don drop answer since.

U know the answer but u dey busy but u get time to type all these yet u dey busy.

20 Likes

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by PericomaNwankwo: 3:09pm On Apr 26, 2022
Ournolly:

Do you think Twitter was worth 56 billion dollars?? If Nairaland should go public and in the future, someone like Dangote wants to buy it, how much do you think it would be worth??

Now remember that Twitter is a global platform, show me one Nigeria startup that serves the global market and I'll show you one that's worth more than Twitter.

7 Likes

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by DoctorOlasDesk: 3:09pm On Apr 26, 2022
Ournolly:

" Intrinsic "
Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by ruggedtimi(m): 3:09pm On Apr 26, 2022
No indigenious company in Nigeria is worth $40b

4 Likes

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by goodheart01: 3:09pm On Apr 26, 2022
I
DoveXlover:
Please don't derail the thread because clearly it's more than your level of logic.

Is 1.11 trillion naira worth 40 billion dollars?

That Jeon of a weird lady isn’t well. Just ignore her abeg

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Remman(m): 3:09pm On Apr 26, 2022
DoveXlover:
Since Elon Musk acquired twitter for 45 billion dollars, i have been thinking.

We all know that twitter was founded by Americans in America and there are other companies from America that i believe are worth more than 40 billion dollars.

From social media companies to food companies to Pepsi to coca cola and many more companies built from the scratch in America that are now worth over 50 billion dollars.

So the question is do we have home made companies built from the scratch whether offline or online that are worth more than 40 billion dollars in Nigeria?
I will like to know their names?

Note!!! I am talking about built from scratch Nigeria companies whether it's social media or food companies or otherwise.
yes na, my store worth $100 billion.

Any business can worth anything. Some businesses are over priced like Twitter. Elon needs it for the actualization of his own vision. A man can do anything [even ritual] to get what he feels he needs.
Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Tobijays: 3:09pm On Apr 26, 2022
Neither dangote group nor any bank is worth 40 bill dol that is over 25 trillion naira lol Nigeria as a country cant raise this on its Own in 3 years

4 Likes

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by DoctorOlasDesk: 3:09pm On Apr 26, 2022
nairalee:

U know the answer but u dey busy but u get time to type all these yet u dey busy.

Your problem. There are levels of knowledge i dispense. There are levels I retain. Win the arguement, your problem
Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by RenaissanceGuy: 3:09pm On Apr 26, 2022
Sadly, they're being bought off by American companies instead of fellow local entities. I mean MainOne, Paystack, etc.

2 Likes

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by HardMirror(m): 3:10pm On Apr 26, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:

Smh. Nigerian varisities is producing terrible students with extremely low acumen. I'm busy with work. Have fun !
you are the bad product of nigerian schools. I asked you a simple question. Show us the single Nigerian bank worth $40b in assets and all... first bank is the biggest bank in nigeria and their total value plus assets is only 5.6 trillion naira

14 Likes

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Jeon(f): 3:10pm On Apr 26, 2022
nairalee:

Wow u just succeeded in advertising your ignorance. If i be u i go quickly delete this post before other people come see am

keep quiet... STOP THIS IGNORANCE
NAIRA CAN'T STAND WITH MILLION DOLLARS AND THE OP IS CALLING BILLION DOLLARS. .

2 Likes

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Newton2024: 3:10pm On Apr 26, 2022
Jeon:

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST USELESS ANUS USE FOR P O O ING FOR QUOTING THE DUMB ASS.
You are stubborn in your ignorance. Can't argue logically but always resulting into insults. Are you actually a lady? If yes, are you single or married?

6 Likes

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by HardMirror(m): 3:10pm On Apr 26, 2022
nairalee:

the guy is an idiot

6 Likes

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Asour: 3:11pm On Apr 26, 2022
Bigchristo:
Dangote groups worth $20B

Dangote group is not a listed entity in the Way that MTN Group is.

We can't verify your figure as we can verify a listed entity. Not to say you're wrong but your figure is at best a conjecture.

6 Likes

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by PericomaNwankwo: 3:11pm On Apr 26, 2022
KaluwisxPRO:
Only Jumia can boast of $1B in a few years, and that’s because it is traded in the US.

Maybe flutterwave, if they choose to go public.

Is flutterwave not public??
Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by nairalee(m): 3:11pm On Apr 26, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:

Your problem. There are levels of knowledge i dispense. There are levels I retain. Win the arguement, your problem

No shame in saying u don't know the answer. But shouting I DEY BUSY I DEY BUSY when everyone knows u don't know the answer is self deception

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by AFONAMARO: 3:12pm On Apr 26, 2022
DoveXlover:
Since Elon Musk acquired twitter for 45 billion dollars, i have been thinking.

We all know that twitter was founded by Americans in America and there are other companies from America that i believe are worth more than 40 billion dollars.

From social media companies to food companies to Pepsi to coca cola and many more companies built from the scratch in America that are now worth over 50 billion dollars.

So the question is do we have home made companies built from the scratch whether offline or online that are worth more than 40 billion dollars in Nigeria?
I will like to know their names?

Note!!! I am talking about built from scratch Nigeria companies whether it's social media or food companies or otherwise.

You are talking of an American company sold in their currency (USD). Tailor your question down to naira, which is our legal tender.

Let's not always be in a haste to diss our own
Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Jeon(f): 3:12pm On Apr 26, 2022
[s]
Newton2024:
You are stubborn in your ignorance. Can't argue logically but always resulting into insults. Are you actually a lady? If yes, are you single or married?
[/s]

BUT YOU REFUSED TO NOTICED HOW HE/HER STARTED THE INSULTS...
angry

2 Likes

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by DoctorOlasDesk: 3:12pm On Apr 26, 2022
nairalee:

No shame in saying u don't know the answer. But shouting I DEY BUSY I DEY BUSY when everyone knows u don't know the answer is self deception

Retain your ignorance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Business Might Not Be For Everyone. My Bitter Experiences / Man Sends 40k Instead Of 4k To A Taxify Driver, He Gets Ignored / Ibadan's Shopping Malls: The More, The Merrier? (and Images)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.