Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? (28448 Views)

Austin Russell Is Forbes Youngest Self-Made Billionaire (Photos) / Nnewi: Nigeria’s Self-made Industrial Hub / Meet John Collison, Harvard Dropout And World's Youngest Self-Made Billionaire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by ArinzeAnthony03: 3:38pm On Apr 26, 2022
I think non of individual business in Nigeria is worth up to 40 billion dollars. Remember, it is not 40 billion Naira ooo. We are talking of dollars. Dangote is not worth that amount as an African richest man.

Don't come and add borrowed money ooo, the oil refinery from his pocket is not up to 5 billion dollars.

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by HardMirror(m): 3:38pm On Apr 26, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

Twitter is a global company

While Nigerian banks are local banks.

Just my one cent
that is not the question I believe you can read. The question is right now which Nigerian company can be bought for that value? Simple. No body is asking for your explanation

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Holluwhakemmy(f): 3:38pm On Apr 26, 2022
DoveXlover:
Typical answer.
Look up there, the people that answered me well are all men but the first answer from a woman is rather disappointing.
But if i had asked what's the price of Shawarma or barbecue or the latest new restaurant in town, i am sure you will be the first to comment.
sorry on her behalf Adenuga The Owner of Global Comm
Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by FutureIsFemale(f): 3:39pm On Apr 26, 2022
DoveXlover:
Since Elon Musk acquired twitter for 45 billion dollars, i have been thinking.

We all know that twitter was founded by Americans in America and there are other companies from America that i believe are worth more than 40 billion dollars.

From social media companies to food companies to Pepsi to coca cola and many more companies built from the scratch in America that are now worth over 50 billion dollars.

So the question is do we have home made companies built from the scratch whether offline or online that are worth more than 40 billion dollars in Nigeria?
I will like to know their names?

Note!!! I am talking about built from scratch Nigeria companies whether it's social media or food companies or otherwise.
Nairaland is worth $600b

Seun and lalasticlala I lie?
Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by horlus(m): 3:39pm On Apr 26, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:

Chai. The average Nigerian youth is poor in reasoning. Chai. Mehn. See shallowness

Pls come with facts not sentiments. First bank with all their assets is valued little above 10 trillion naira the last I was able to check. Im not arguing with you instead I want to learn so educate me with facts please

4 Likes

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Ykc2(m): 3:39pm On Apr 26, 2022
Without corruption 40 billion dollars will build a new city more beautiful than lagos,forget how much they are telling you for building 1.5 kilometers of bridge with 5 billion naira

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Asher79: 3:39pm On Apr 26, 2022
LMAO grin Dangote group, for where? Do you know that the $44B with which Elon Musk bought Twitter is even two times more than Dangote's entire worth, and worth more than Dangote + Otedola + Adenuga, and change still remain?

IMO01:
Dangote group

3 Likes

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by kkins25(m): 3:40pm On Apr 26, 2022
DoveXlover:
Typical answer.
Look up there, the people that answered me well are all men but the first answer from a woman is rather disappointing.
But if i had asked what's the price of Shawarma or barbecue or the latest new restaurant in town, i am sure you will be the first to comment.
cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by PericomaNwankwo: 3:40pm On Apr 26, 2022
KaluwisxPRO:

Public where? Have you bought their shares anywhere before?

Who get money to buy share grin unless say Dem want integrate Blockchain I go fit buy am as crypto.

Btw, a simple no or yes could have answered my question.

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by uniquetechng: 3:41pm On Apr 26, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:
Why not. All Nigerian banks to start with? Stop being decived by the media. Twitter isn't bigger than many Nigerian companies. Its only backed by public funds from a robust stock exchange market system. Same as Facebook. The giants of Nigeria are arising. No cap mate wink
No Nigeria bank is worth $3bn , try do your findings

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Aidejay(m): 3:41pm On Apr 26, 2022
It's not possible. Because!

All nigerian companies operate in naira. They make profit in naira, pay salaries in naira and do everything in naira.

Naira to dollars is 0.0024
40 billion dollars is 16,619,200,000,000.00 (16 trillion)
No Nigerian company is worth above 4 -5 trillion naira.

The American stock market is the largest in the world. It's 4-5 times the size of Nigerian stock exchange.

The US stock exchange is about 30 TRILLION DOLLARS large.
Nigerian stock exchange is 56 billion dollars, meaning all listed Nigerian companies combined are worth only 56 billion dollars only.

grin 40 billion dollars can buy 90% of all the companies listed on the Nigerian stock exchange.

Over 300 million people use twitter daily,
Which nigerian company has 300 million customers?

Twitter has a Revenue of $3.7 B
Which nigerian company can boast of a revenue of 100 million dollars? Not even dangote.

I hope with this submission I have been able to convince you and not confuse you that there is no Nigerian company worth that much money IN DOLLARS.

10 Likes

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Cleanworld(f): 3:41pm On Apr 26, 2022
DoveXlover:

We all know that twitter was founded by Americans in America and there are other companies from America that i believe are worth more than 40 billion dollars.

From social media companies to food companies to Pepsi to coca cola and many more companies built from the scratch in America that are now worth over 50 billion dollars.

So the question is do we have home made companies built from the scratch whether offline or online that are worth more than 40 billion dollars in Nigeria?

Note!!! I am talking about built from scratch Nigeria companies whether it's social media or food companies or otherwise.

This is not about liquid cash pleaseee... Elon Musk is not paying cash but passive and share funds. Ahba no come give Nigerians people heart attack joor. Dem dey carry money go heaven? grin grin
Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by clockwisereport: 3:41pm On Apr 26, 2022
HardMirror:
someone as advice you to stick to memorizing hotels that are affordable. Please stick to that advice

Abeg leave that fool make she focus on her commercial school - 13 students in a class. If na you, you no go dey frustrated?

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by uniquetechng: 3:42pm On Apr 26, 2022
IMO01:
Dangote group
Dangote is worth $16bn

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by KaluwisxPRO: 3:42pm On Apr 26, 2022
PericomaNwankwo:

Who get money to buy share grin unless say Dem want integrate Blockchain I go fit buy am as crypto.

Btw, a simple no or yes could have answered my question.

Or you could’ve googled instead of ask in the first place
Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Invitationn: 3:42pm On Apr 26, 2022
DoveXlover:
Alright if you say so but apart from banks and Dangote company, what other companies do we have that are worth more than 40 billion dollars?
Because surely the Economy won't flourish with banks alone.
None.
But, we do have startups doing well and hopefully, in the next few years, some could be worth over $40B. E.g, Flutterwave, Andela, Interswitch.
Switching it up! They'll never be worth $40B because they're gonna be bought by giant multinationals like they did to Mainone, Medallion, Paystack etal.
That's the problem. That's why we don't have such companies.

3 Likes

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by akaypary442(m): 3:43pm On Apr 26, 2022
No Nigerian Bank is worth that amount sir
DoctorOlasDesk:

You guys obviously don't know the true worth of our institutions sha. Anyway majority are youths here. I dey busy abeg. Try finding out the annual profit after value declare by each bank to educate yourself better

I dey busy

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by uniquetechng: 3:43pm On Apr 26, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:

You guys obviously don't know the true worth of our institutions sha. Anyway majority are youths here. I dey busy abeg. Try finding out the annual profit after value declare by each bank to educate yourself better

I dey busy
No Nigeria bank is worth $3bn let alone $40bn

2 Likes

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by akanbiaa(m): 3:43pm On Apr 26, 2022
DoveXlover:

How will the knowledge benefit you if there is , and if there isn't?

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Emir01: 3:45pm On Apr 26, 2022
Ykc2:
Without corruption 40 billion dollars will build a new city more beautiful than lagos,forget how much they are telling you for building 1.5 kilometers of bridge with 5 billion naira

Baba, stop making mockering of yourself. Can $40 billion buy all the investment in Victoria Island? How much do you think eko Atlantic worth?

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by KaluwisxPRO: 3:45pm On Apr 26, 2022
Cleanworld:

This is not about liquid cash pleaseee... Elon Musk is not paying cash but passive and share funds. Ahba no come give Nigerians people heart attack joor. Dem dey carry money go heaven? grin grin

Mr man, this is a cash deal, outright takeover, all shareholders will be taken out when the deal is closed.

5 Likes

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by seyz91(m): 3:46pm On Apr 26, 2022
cheesy
Jeon:
DO YOU WANT TO BUY IT?

WHY ASKING?

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by LillyandDaisy: 3:47pm On Apr 26, 2022
Innoson Motors, Miyetti Allah and Co. IPOB and Brothers refineries, Sir Rufi Bandits just to mention for a few, please I come in peace
Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by 3headedgoattt: 3:48pm On Apr 26, 2022
Emir01:

In 2019, Nigeria made $47 dollars on cride oil sales alone. Share that money among 200 million people and see why we are poor take into account our deficit across all sectors of the economy. The money is small. Go and find out how much small countries like Qatar, Switzerland are making in a year with less than 5 million population.

235 naira bro. Abeg make una leave jeon alone. Pls leave her alone before she drag una to her level
Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 26, 2022
HardMirror:
that is not the question I believe you can read. The question is right now which Nigerian company can be bought for that value? Simple. No body is asking for your explanation

I also believe you can read and understand
Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by InvertedHammer: 3:49pm On Apr 26, 2022
DoveXlover:

/

The question is: How many Nigerian companies are worth $1 billion?

/

2 Likes

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 26, 2022
Cleanworld:

It is a cash deal, he is taking the company private.

3 Likes

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by zinizta: 3:50pm On Apr 26, 2022
DoveXlover:

Don Jazzy's label was bought for 70m dollars by Spotify.
Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by 3headedgoattt: 3:50pm On Apr 26, 2022
Heathrow44:

oga, nigeria is fantastically corrupt, with leaders that are not nationalists divided across religious and tribal lines riddled with pacifist citizens

Did you do the maths?
Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 26, 2022
uniquetechng:
No Nigeria bank is worth $3bn let alone $40bn

Gtb and asset bank are worth $3 billion

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by gotnel: 3:51pm On Apr 26, 2022
It is possible to have a Nigerian fully funded company that worth $40b.
However, I don't know.
May be in the nearest future

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Any Self-Made Company In Nigeria That Can Be Bought For $40 Billion? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 26, 2022
zinizta:

Don Jazzy's label was bought for 70m dollars by Spotify.

Where did you read that?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Man Sends 40k Instead Of 4k To A Taxify Driver, He Gets Ignored / Business Might Not Be For Everyone. My Bitter Experiences / Ibadan's Shopping Malls: The More, The Merrier? (and Images)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.