Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Am Troubled Because Of A Car A Bought With My Money. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Am Troubled Because Of A Car A Bought With My Money. (4269 Views)

Please Is This Car A Good Deal For 240k / SEAT Wants Drivers To Follow These Tips To Their Make Car A.C Work Effectively / Mymoto Blog: Car A/C Maintenance Tips... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am Troubled Because Of A Car A Bought With My Money. by computersoft: 1:28pm On Apr 27, 2022
seanfer:

You’re so wrong at the bolded.
My brother l was wondering also why an engine of that nature in good condition can not do that. Do u have or used such before.
Re: Am Troubled Because Of A Car A Bought With My Money. by Dozieson(m): 1:35pm On Apr 27, 2022
seanfer:

You’re so wrong at the bolded.

I am not wrong. Go and find out about 2az. Even here on nairaland
Re: Am Troubled Because Of A Car A Bought With My Money. by computersoft: 2:42pm On Apr 27, 2022
Dozieson:

I am not wrong. Go and find out about 2az. Even here on nairaland
U can still give your own opinion here,it might be of great help to people my brother. Again will d engine not be good if over hauled. Honestly for some days now,l have been sad.
Re: Am Troubled Because Of A Car A Bought With My Money. by Itsrm(m): 3:20pm On Apr 27, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Replace engine with Asian spec 2AZ. We replace them all the time and never have oil burn issues.

In the meantime if you need a 2az Nigerian used engine that is capable of transversing Nigeria and burns 0.5l every 650km contact me. Price is ₦150k

So if he services every 5000km, he would have to use another 3-4 litres to top up.

I think you should junk that engine. I will not put it in my car for free

4 Likes

Re: Am Troubled Because Of A Car A Bought With My Money. by fineboynl(m): 3:21pm On Apr 27, 2022
computersoft:
My brother,it can not b used right now because l think d metal is bad and it can't even move more than 40 with out bringing out cracking noise.
how did you manage to move it from warri to aba in that condition?
Re: Am Troubled Because Of A Car A Bought With My Money. by fineboynl(m): 3:27pm On Apr 27, 2022
computersoft:
My brother l was wondering also why an engine of that nature in good condition can not do that. Do u have or used such before.
you didn't consult people here with experience before buying that car.

You butter saved up to pay the Asian version of the engine.

For the main time work with your mechanic to change the metal. Never bordered to drop the engine for now. You will regrets dropping that engine.

The oil consumption is a common problem with that car. I'm not sure rings will fix that.

1 Like

Re: Am Troubled Because Of A Car A Bought With My Money. by computersoft: 3:29pm On Apr 27, 2022
fineboynl:
how did you manage to move it from warri to aba in that condition?
l have not moved it to Aba. it is still at Warri. Till l decide on what to do.
Re: Am Troubled Because Of A Car A Bought With My Money. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:29pm On Apr 27, 2022
Itsrm:

So if he services every 5000km, he would have to use another 3-4 litres to top up.

I think you should junk that engine. I will not put it in my car for free

Smiles....

9 out of 10 Toks 2007-2009 Toyota Camry burn oil as bad as this.

We should junk all those cars also.

1 Like

Re: Am Troubled Because Of A Car A Bought With My Money. by fineboynl(m): 3:34pm On Apr 27, 2022
computersoft:
l have not moved it to Aba. it is still at Warri. Till l decide on what to do.

For the main time work with your mechanic to change the metal. Never bordered to drop the engine for now. You will regrets dropping that engine.

The oil consumption is a common problem with that car. I'm not sure rings will fix that. You will need to be toping oil at some kilometers.

If it's city driving you won't even feel it that much.
Re: Am Troubled Because Of A Car A Bought With My Money. by Dozieson(m): 3:50pm On Apr 27, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Smiles....

9 out of 10 Toks 2007-2009 Toyota Camry burn oil as bad as this.

We should junk all those cars also.

Copy seanfer
Re: Am Troubled Because Of A Car A Bought With My Money. by seanfer(m): 4:54pm On Apr 27, 2022
computersoft:

I have 2006 Camry in the family it has 349,000 mileage. Drove it from PH to lagos and it shorts 0.5 liter of oil, I don't need to top the oil back.
Re: Am Troubled Because Of A Car A Bought With My Money. by seanfer(m): 4:55pm On Apr 27, 2022
Dozieson:

Copy seanfer

The japanese 2AZ don't short oil.

1 Like

Re: Am Troubled Because Of A Car A Bought With My Money. by computersoft: 4:58pm On Apr 27, 2022
fineboynl:

The oil consumption is a common problem with that car. I'm not sure rings will fix that. You will need to be toping oil at some kilometers.

If it's city driving you won't even feel it that much.
Yeah am thinking of what u just said,may be after that,l can sale it.
Re: Am Troubled Because Of A Car A Bought With My Money. by computersoft: 5:00pm On Apr 27, 2022
seanfer:

I have 2006 Camry in the family it has 349,000 mileage. Drove it from PH to lagos and it shorts 0.5 liter of oil, I don't need to top the oil back.
is it d same 2az fe engine with d 2003 camry
Re: Am Troubled Because Of A Car A Bought With My Money. by computersoft: 5:02pm On Apr 27, 2022
seanfer:

OK some one said is a good one. How much is it and is it in d market?
Re: Am Troubled Because Of A Car A Bought With My Money. by fineboynl(m): 5:47pm On Apr 27, 2022
computersoft:
Yeah am thinking of what u just said,may be after that,l can sale it.

My only problem is how could the engine dried a whole 4 liters in less than 500km? That's my only worried oh. If it 0.5 liter that's understandable.

I have a generator I bought brand new since two years ago. Right from when I bought it. It short oil. And I have been using it like that since then. Over two years still counting and I don't plan to sell it. The oil does not leak and Neither does it smoke. I really don't know where the oil keep disappearing to. The generator keep serving it purpose only that I keep toping oil from time to time it's just an additional cost because oil is costly right now. I make sure I check the gauge from after some time.

You can still use that can for 2-3 years before you sell it. So that you don't lose that much. Just put an eye on the oil gauge and That all.
Re: Am Troubled Because Of A Car A Bought With My Money. by fineboynl(m): 6:03pm On Apr 27, 2022
seanfer:

PH to Lagos is 450km
Re: Am Troubled Because Of A Car A Bought With My Money. by fineboynl(m): 6:05pm On Apr 27, 2022
Re: Am Troubled Because Of A Car A Bought With My Money. by xperiencelove(m): 6:18pm On Apr 27, 2022
A toks and the engine is that bad?? Please return the car ASAP.
computersoft:
l bought a tok and not a Nigerian used. u can read my post again
Re: Am Troubled Because Of A Car A Bought With My Money. by ksmart027(m): 6:43pm On Apr 27, 2022
fineboynl:
PH to Lagos is 450km
Wrong, 600+ km

1 Like

Re: Am Troubled Because Of A Car A Bought With My Money. by Itsrm(m): 6:44pm On Apr 27, 2022
xperiencelove:

Return which car? Was he given warranty when he bought it?
Re: Am Troubled Because Of A Car A Bought With My Money. by fineboynl(m): 6:49pm On Apr 27, 2022
Itsrm:

Return which car? Was he given warranty when he bought it?
when you buy from dealership store. You can return and change to another one.

That's why it's advisable to buy toks from where they have options of another.

Example, i do operate a boutique. People do return clothes. They will collect another one as a solution.

If he can reach out to the dealership and collect another one. He will only need to add money.

Instead of buying new engine. The car must be really cheap.

Maybe 1.5m
Re: Am Troubled Because Of A Car A Bought With My Money. by seanfer(m): 8:43pm On Apr 27, 2022
fineboynl:
PH to Lagos is 450km

I don’t need to argue with you. From diamond estate Agege to choba park is attached.

1 Like

Re: Am Troubled Because Of A Car A Bought With My Money. by seanfer(m): 8:44pm On Apr 27, 2022
computersoft:
OK some one said is a good one. How much is it and is it in d market?

Contact Gazzuzz. He comment on your post.
Re: Am Troubled Because Of A Car A Bought With My Money. by seanfer(m): 8:47pm On Apr 27, 2022
Dozieson:

Copy seanfer

2007-2009. And not all 2002-2006. OP is talking about 2003 some were recalled.
Re: Am Troubled Because Of A Car A Bought With My Money. by Whois(m): 9:04pm On Apr 27, 2022
Camry engine can be very stubborn to fix. I will suggest you get another engine if you can afford it to save time and reduce miscellaneous spending on ur current car engine
Re: Am Troubled Because Of A Car A Bought With My Money. by Dozieson(m): 9:30pm On Apr 27, 2022
seanfer:

How many toks Toyota have japanese 2az engine?
Re: Am Troubled Because Of A Car A Bought With My Money. by Dozieson(m): 9:35pm On Apr 27, 2022
fineboynl:

Example, i do operate a boutique. People do return clothes. They will collect another one as a solution.

If he can reach out to the dealership and collect another one. He will only need to add money.

Maybe 1.5m

1.5m ke? Not possible
Re: Am Troubled Because Of A Car A Bought With My Money. by ehmmy11(m): 9:55pm On Apr 27, 2022
Dozieson:

yes even tokunbo, they started burning oil from abroad

Bro how come this carmy car is so so expensive when it has this kind of problem.. baffles me
Re: Am Troubled Because Of A Car A Bought With My Money. by computersoft: 10:56pm On Apr 27, 2022
xperiencelove:
I cant drive it back to Lagos from Warri
nah
Re: Am Troubled Because Of A Car A Bought With My Money. by computersoft: 10:59pm On Apr 27, 2022
fineboynl:

Maybe 1.5m
For where? Took 2003 Camry for 1.5m. l bought it 2,350
Re: Am Troubled Because Of A Car A Bought With My Money. by computersoft: 11:00pm On Apr 27, 2022
seanfer:

Contact Gazzuzz. He comment on your post.
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Corolla Upgrade (2008 - 2012) / See What I Did To My Camry / Lies Written About Halal Chaser Autos Chalal_chaser Autos Is No Scam)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.