Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

If You Were The President Of Nigeria, How Would You Fix These Problems? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Were The President Of Nigeria, How Would You Fix These Problems? (490 Views)

Poverty And Hunger Is The Root Cause Of These Problems / If You Were The President Of Nigeria, How Would You Make Nigeria Better? / Princess Oyenike Oyedele Roberts Contesting For President Of Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Were The President Of Nigeria, How Would You Fix These Problems? by sundaygray(m): 3:04pm On Apr 26, 2022
It is easier to criticize or destroy than to fix. If you were the president of Nigeria, how will you fix the unemployment and lack of electricity problems amongst others?

1 Like

Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria, How Would You Fix These Problems? by jom28gy(m): 3:07pm On Apr 26, 2022
Very simple
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria, How Would You Fix These Problems? by spydera: 3:08pm On Apr 26, 2022
First, you'll start by asking vital questions such as:
What causes unemployment?
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria, How Would You Fix These Problems? by mimon: 3:08pm On Apr 26, 2022
Simple, break Nigeria into 6 countries.

1 Like

Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria, How Would You Fix These Problems? by Felimax(m): 3:19pm On Apr 26, 2022
I will first form a committee of expert in that field who will look into the issues holistically in 60 days and give possible recommendations giving 365 days actualization target.

Then I will get my own decision making team who will join me to look into all the recommended and build a roadmap to achieving our dream under 365 days.

If actualize, apart from being paid handsomely they will go home with federal honour as well as if possible gifted some federal government landed property to honour them forever.

1 Like

Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria, How Would You Fix These Problems? by ThEGodFaThEr132: 3:19pm On Apr 26, 2022
The Iragbiji born criminal and drug kingpin cum baron must be stopped by all and sundry. His lifetime ambition of becoming president and turning Aso rock to Bourdillon where his nairaland urchins and pathetic miscreants converge to collect a bottle of ororo and 500 owo ounje will never come to fruition. Amin!
Comrade Otunba Gbenga Buraimoh
Convener, National Association of Youths with Conscience.

1 Like

Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria, How Would You Fix These Problems? by yuping(m): 3:20pm On Apr 26, 2022
sundaygray:
It is easier to criticize or destroy than to fix. If you were the president of Nigeria, how will you fix the unemployment and lack of electricity problems amongst others?
undecided every state should generate his own sources of power, this 21 century for Christ sake, electricity can be generated by natural gas, coal, nuclear energy solar etc and we are still looking for a way when all way can work for us we don't much wind but we can still generate like this.

1 Like

Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria, How Would You Fix These Problems? by sundaygray(m): 3:28pm On Apr 26, 2022
yuping:
undecided every state should generate his own sources of power, this 21 century for Christ sake, electricity can be generated by natural gas, coal, nuclear energy solar etc and we are still looking for a way when all way can work for us we don't much wind but we can still generate like this.

There was a bill signed last month for all states to generate their own electricity so that one’s already in motion currently.

1 Like

Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria, How Would You Fix These Problems? by habsydiamond(m): 3:35pm On Apr 26, 2022
The major problem with this country is that we import more than we export which is one of the reason why our currency has depreciated.. To get of this problem, I will create employment to boost productions of quality goods that can stand out outside this country to boost exportation and appreciate our currency. On electricity we have to generate sufficient sources of power, that can service the country as a whole. block the loopholes that will create corrupt practices where citizens won't be able to use electricity without pay.
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria, How Would You Fix These Problems? by yuping(m): 3:35pm On Apr 26, 2022
sundaygray:

There was a bill signed last month for all states to generate their own electricity so that one’s already in motion currently.
undecided I hope they approve it, cus some state don't like working they are parasite, but don't get me wrong states can come together to generate electricity.

1 Like

Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria, How Would You Fix These Problems? by ImDStar: 3:57pm On Apr 26, 2022
I want to be President in the future.
No Politician should copy my economy blue print o. wink wink

1. Jobs Creation
✓ I will convert NYSC scheme to vocational centre where our graduates learn all kinds of handwork and trades throughout their service year instead of sending them all for teaching, I will then give them loan after their service year for start up which will be directly from partner bank with CBN

✓ I will make food sufficient my topmost priority, by making agriculture very attractive.
I will partner agricultural companies and Inoson Motor and other vehicle producing company to make enough tractors and other mechanised farming equipments which will be distributed nationwide to ease farming. It will encourage lots of people to consider farming with dignity.

✓ I will pass a policy where the market women and men have unhindered access to commercial bank exclusively operated by private sector partnering with federal government to give loan.

✓ I will give a tax waiver of 6month for the first 1000,000 new registered company while reviewing the payment method in all the sector of the economy, this will push many to start their own business and it with reduced unemployment.

✓ I will tighten the immigration policy of Nigeria thereby deporting all the illegal immigrants, both experts and non experts, especially where you have the like of Cotonous, chads etc, trooping into the country without work visa nor residents permits nor means of livelihood. Nigeria is the only country where anybody can just enter anytime at will, that rubbish must stop.

✓ I will create state police and separate federal policing, federal military personnel from state duties, I will increase the number of Nigeria security personnel in all security system.

Many things I will do improve unemployment.

2. Power supply
✓ I will ensure state power generation and distribution while I diversify to solar energy in areas where power consumption is minimal while the major industries take larger chunk of of the electricity supply as a quick address to the issue of power while we consolidate on that.

✓ Electricity can be generated by natural gas, coal, nuclear energy, and solar even from waste, I will partner with private sectors for financing and shareholding.

3. Security.
✓ I will create state police and separate federal policing, federal military personnel from state duties, I will increase the number of Nigeria security personnel in all security system.

✓ I will support all the 6 regions with at least 2 choppers per region for patrol.

✓ I will withdraw all the federal security personnel from individuals immediately after the creation of state police and will define federal government security personnel responsibility and engagement.

4. Economy
✓ I will greatly reduced the cost of governance, right from the office of the President.

✓ I will have experts group who review every budgets from every ministry and monitor projects implementation. The will report to me directly.
This is to avoid contract inflation and abandonment

✓ I will finance the major sector such as the transportation by connecting the major cities in all the country via train and encourage industries by reducing multiple taxation.

2 Likes

Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria, How Would You Fix These Problems? by Sified(m): 4:12pm On Jun 20, 2022
Hello, did you later confirm this or get to work there?
Thank you
https://www.nairaland.com/6556704/anyone-heard-paragon-global-company
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria, How Would You Fix These Problems? by Ttalk: 4:19pm On Jun 20, 2022
sundaygray:

Half baked Nigerian youth. No bill has been passed. It was a second reading from HoR which still has to go to the Senate and later being harmonised by the two chamber before being forwarded to accent.

As it is it's just a proposed bill that requires rigorous undertaken by the two chamber and executive before it can become Act
Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria, How Would You Fix These Problems? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 20, 2022
Divide the country according to geopolitical regions.

Focus on south west.

Implement a strict immigration and border control policy.

social security numbers for all citizens of the region.

Modernize and optimize the civil service by cutting unproductive staff and implementation of IT solutions that would reduce bureaucracy.

Cut political office holders salaries by 4 and they ensure that civil servants receive salaries first before political office holders.

Replace local government chairman with local government police sheriff and LGA board in rural areas and create a forest ranger to secure our forest reserves.

Partner with china to use technology and intelligence to fight and stop crime before it happens in urban areas.

Modernization and creating of more polytechnics, also making and enforcement of 60years retirement age for professors and lecturers.

Subsidize primary education to polytechnic education and privatize all federal universities.

Creation of tax free processing and agricultural estates connected via rail.

1 Like

Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria, How Would You Fix These Problems? by SaiOba: 5:18pm On Jun 20, 2022
Just wait and see how they will use this your answer sheet on their debates cheesy

ImDStar:
I want to be President in the future.
No Politician should copy my economy blue print o. wink wink

1. Jobs Creation
✓ I will convert NYSC scheme to vocational centre where our graduates learn all kinds of handwork and trades throughout their service year instead of sending them all for teaching, I will then give them loan after their service year for start up which will be directly from partner bank with CBN

✓ I will make food sufficient my topmost priority, by making agriculture very attractive.
I will partner agricultural companies and Inoson Motor and other vehicle producing company to make enough tractors and other mechanised farming equipments which will be distributed nationwide to ease farming. It will encourage lots of people to consider farming with dignity.

✓ I will pass a policy where the market women and men have unhindered access to commercial bank exclusively operated by private sector partnering with federal government to give loan.

✓ I will give a tax waiver of 6month for the first 1000,000 new registered company while reviewing the payment method in all the sector of the economy, this will push many to start their own business and it with reduced unemployment.

✓ I will tighten the immigration policy of Nigeria thereby deporting all the illegal immigrants, both experts and non experts, especially where you have the like of Cotonous, chads etc, trooping into the country without work visa nor residents permits nor means of livelihood. Nigeria is the only country where anybody can just enter anytime at will, that rubbish must stop.

Many things I will do improve unemployment.

2. Power supply
✓ I will ensure state power generation and distribution while I diversify to solar energy in areas where power consumption is minimal while the major industries take larger chunk of of the electricity supply as a quick address to the issue of power while we consolidate on that.

✓ Electricity can be generated by natural gas, coal, nuclear energy, and solar even from waste, I will partner with private sectors for financing and shareholding.

3. Security.

✓ I will support all the 6 regions with at least 2 choppers per region for patrol.

✓ I will withdraw all the federal security personnel from individuals immediately after the creation of state police and will define federal government security personnel responsibility and engagement.

4. Economy
✓ I will greatly reduced the cost of governance, right from the office of the President.

✓ I will have experts group who review every budgets from every ministry and monitor projects implementation. The will report to me directly.
This is to avoid contract inflation and abandonment

✓ I will finance the major sector such as the transportation by connecting the major cities in all the country via train and encourage industries by reducing multiple taxation.

Re: If You Were The President Of Nigeria, How Would You Fix These Problems? by JohnnA1: 5:20pm On Jun 20, 2022
WesternOligarch:
Divide the country according to geopolitical regions.

Focus on south west.

Implement a strict immigration and border control policy.

social security numbers for all citizens of the region.

Modernize and optimize the civil service by cutting unproductive staff and implementation of IT solutions that would reduce bureaucracy.

Cut political office holders salaries by 4 and they ensure that civil servants receive salaries first before political office holders.

Replace local government chairman with local government police sheriff and LGA board in rural areas and create a forest ranger to secure our forest reserves.

Partner with china to use technology and intelligence to fight and stop crime before it happens in urban areas.

Modernization and creating of more polytechnics, also making and enforcement of 60years retirement age for professors and lecturers.

Subsidize primary education to polytechnic education and privatize all federal universities.

Creation of tax free processing and agricultural estates connected via rail.

Ori yin wambe!
That's why I can't wait for amalgamation of the South West region (From Kwara state down to Lagos state).

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Tinubu’s Lead Should Be Taken In Good Faith As APC Gets Set For Primaries / Emefiele Sues INEC Over Alleged Plan To Disqualify Him From Primaries / Igbere TV - IGTV. 24 Hours After, VP, Pastor Osinbajo Keeps Mum Over Killing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.