Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Alaafin Oyo's Last Letter To Governor Makinde - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Alaafin Oyo's Last Letter To Governor Makinde (45756 Views)

Alawe Reports Alaafin To Seyi Makinde, Calls Him An Interlopper / Olori Ajoke, Alaafin Of Oyo's Last Wife, Stuns In New Photos / Alaafin Of Oyo's last Wife, Olori Ola Celebrates 41st Day Of Her Twins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaafin Oyo's Last Letter To Governor Makinde by Dagreeen: 7:15pm On Apr 26, 2022
Is Alaafin of Oyo a traditional worshiper? Well let me assume because he is the King he is the custodian of the culture and the automatic chief priest of the gods. But why is it that most traditional worshipers are always muslims? Why is it that it is easy to merge islam religion and traditional religion?

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Oyo's Last Letter To Governor Makinde by Digixtreme: 7:16pm On Apr 26, 2022
This guy needs a brain reset
T9ksy:

So, saying that our royal king bleached his skin (like MJ) is now a personal attack? So, you think it's okay for our 1st class trying to denounce his heritage by bleaching his skin. And what sort of message, is he inadvertently communicating to his subjects?

When did he speaks up for his people-yorubas? Was it when the fulanis ransacked Igangan simply 'cause Igboho sent the Seriki of Igangan packing ( if he failed to fish out those fulani who killed Dr. Aborede)?

Did the Alafin speak up when fulanis invaded Yewa community and sent the indigenes into IDP camp in Benin. They are still languishing in Benin Republic over a year later whilst many lost their lives.

Wetin koncern me with his wives? Melo lafe do lo 'bo, ta ni ki ile, ma mo?

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Oyo's Last Letter To Governor Makinde by lexy2014: 7:16pm On Apr 26, 2022
the only thing that caught my interest in that letter is the signature of the late traditional ruler. that signature is beyond world class
Re: Alaafin Oyo's Last Letter To Governor Makinde by movara: 7:16pm On Apr 26, 2022
Re: Alaafin Oyo's Last Letter To Governor Makinde by Okobola146: 7:17pm On Apr 26, 2022
Subsequently a declaration of a specific date / day (20th August) for the observance of our Traditional Religion as "TRADITIONAL RELIGION DAY" just like Easter, Christmas, Idel Fitiri and Idel Kabir.

Even kabiyesi that was a Muslim before his death put Easter and Christmas before evil fitri and evil kabir because he knew the difference. grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Oyo's Last Letter To Governor Makinde by movara: 7:18pm On Apr 26, 2022
T9ksy:

yeah, of course ! He had so much respect for tradition that he started looking like a MJ double.

He had so much respect for tradition that he went mute as his "sons" are being butchered in their farms and homes by so-called foreigners.
Abi kofe da fun eleyi ni
. that's how he was born
Check his pics when he was in his 30s

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Oyo's Last Letter To Governor Makinde by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:20pm On Apr 26, 2022
Clonelord:
The dead talks.... He who has ears let him hear

The Alaafin can never die.

He will live on and continue to speak
Re: Alaafin Oyo's Last Letter To Governor Makinde by Okobola146: 7:23pm On Apr 26, 2022
One of the remnants he left behind for the boys

Re: Alaafin Oyo's Last Letter To Governor Makinde by farouk2much(m): 7:24pm On Apr 26, 2022
I swear this man look like horror

Re: Alaafin Oyo's Last Letter To Governor Makinde by muykem: 7:30pm On Apr 26, 2022
Makinde should comply with the request. I am a christian but we need to allow every religions to also enjoying fairness.

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Oyo's Last Letter To Governor Makinde by greatseed: 7:31pm On Apr 26, 2022
T9ksy:

yeah, of course ! He had so much respect for tradition that he started looking like a MJ double.

He had so much respect for tradition that he went mute as his "sons" are being butchered in their farms and homes by so-called foreigners.
Check ur words pls! Dnt do more than yourself! It is not child's play to rule over a supposed local kingdom as it is perceived now for 5 decade's!

Utterances should & must have value! My 1 kobo
Re: Alaafin Oyo's Last Letter To Governor Makinde by STEWpid(f): 7:33pm On Apr 26, 2022
Lobarton
Re: Alaafin Oyo's Last Letter To Governor Makinde by SpatialKing(m): 7:35pm On Apr 26, 2022
Yet they buried him as a Muslim and not a traditionalist
Re: Alaafin Oyo's Last Letter To Governor Makinde by dododawa1: 7:37pm On Apr 26, 2022
2oth of AUGUST is stamped by me.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Oyo's Last Letter To Governor Makinde by Slurity(m): 7:46pm On Apr 26, 2022
His signature is more beautiful than that on Naira notes. That name alone is terrifying. IKU BABA YEYE. CHAI...

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Oyo's Last Letter To Governor Makinde by unmask: 7:46pm On Apr 26, 2022
PAGAN9JA:
12th April, 2022

Our Ref: CULT./VOL.8/163

His Excellency,
Engr. Oluseyi Abiodun Makinde
The Executive Governor of Oyo State,
Governor's Office, State Secretariat,
Ibadan

REMINDER FOR EXECUTIVE APPROVAL OF PUBLIC HOLIDAY FOR TRADITIONAL RELIGION

1. Kindly accept my royal pleasantry and best wishes Your Excellency. I wish to respectfully draw Your Excellency's attention to our traditional religion, which is part of our heritage and needs to be preserved. It is today widely accepted and practiced in other parts of the world, especially in the African Diaspora.

2. It is crystal clear that since the inception of this administration, peace and tranquility had been reigning and it is only in an atmosphere of peace and unity that development and progress can thrive. However the recognition given to Christianity and Islam is physically pronounced with the declaration of a particular day or date for the observance of a festival day for the adherents of these two religions.

3. Subsequently a declaration of a specific date / day (20th August) for the observance of our Traditional Religion as "TRADITIONAL RELIGION DAY" just like Easter, Christmas, Idel Fitiri and Idel Kabir.

4. Pursuant to the above I wish to request that Your Excellency to show commitment for this project of continuity of peace and unity through endorsement of initiatives to move Oyo State up in the global cultural index scale by recognizing Traditional Religion and declaring August 20 of every year a public holiday as "TRADITIONAL RELIGION DAY".

6. Kindly consider these propositions as appropriate steps in our collective efforts to re-invent Oyo State.

7. Please accept the assurance of highest regards from Royal Stool.

IKU BABA YEYE

Oba (Dr.) Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi III, J.P., CFR, LL.D.
The Alaafin of Oyo and Permanent Chairman, Oyo State Council of Obas and Chiefs Chancellor University of Maiduguri, Borno State Chancellor Crescent University, Abeokuta, Ogun State Pro-Chancellor Keisie International University Nigeria, Ghana and Sierra Leone
Good one. What I don't like is the subtle threat of disruption to peace. Must we always toe that line to back up our arguments?
Re: Alaafin Oyo's Last Letter To Governor Makinde by larryUG(m): 7:48pm On Apr 26, 2022
Not yoruba, but this letter seems odd to me.
Alaafin was more of a muslim than a traditionalist. If he so wanted to preserve the traditional religion, then he should have not been hurriedly buried a day after his death because that fulfills more of his Islamic belief/requirement, than a traditional one. I know that it takes some weeks or maybe even months to officially announce demise of such a king after several traditional stuff has been done, but the council announced his death immediately and Imam was invited. Anyways, what do I know?
Re: Alaafin Oyo's Last Letter To Governor Makinde by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:49pm On Apr 26, 2022
SpatialKing:
Yet they buried him as a Muslim and not a traditionalist

They didn't bury him as a Muslim. They only said islamic prayers over his body upon the request of his family.

He was buried as a Yoruba at night .

Infact its not even confirmed if he's still been buried because the Isese death rituals for the Emperor are already on their 3rd day and still ongoing.

Kindly see this thread for proofs :

https://www.nairaland.com/7093413/alaafin-oyo-lamidi-adeyemi-night

Re: Alaafin Oyo's Last Letter To Governor Makinde by juman(m): 7:49pm On Apr 26, 2022
IKU BABA YEYE.

Iku pa iku.
Death kill death or the killer.
Re: Alaafin Oyo's Last Letter To Governor Makinde by Kay25(m): 7:53pm On Apr 26, 2022
T9ksy:

So, saying that our royal king bleached his skin (like MJ) is now a personal attack? So, you think it's okay for our 1st class trying to denounce his heritage by bleaching his skin. And what sort of message, is he inadvertently communicating to his subjects?

When did he speaks up for his people-yorubas? Was it when the fulanis ransacked Igangan simply 'cause Igboho sent the Seriki of Igangan packing ( if he failed to fish out those fulani who killed Dr. Aborede)?

Did the Alafin speak up when fulanis invaded Yewa community and sent the indigenes into IDP camp in Benin. They are still languishing in Benin Republic over a year later whilst many lost their lives.

U should have asked your parents if alafin was really bleaching that's if your parent was old enough in the 70's.they would have told u that he is a fair man
Re: Alaafin Oyo's Last Letter To Governor Makinde by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:53pm On Apr 26, 2022
unmask:
Good one. What I don't like is the subtle threat of disruption to peace. Must we always toe that line to back up our arguments?

Nigeria is survival of the fittest. Either we toe the line or them. As you know, it is usually them.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Oyo's Last Letter To Governor Makinde by dapadawee: 8:00pm On Apr 26, 2022
And all those hungry imam were praying on his dead body as if he was a Muslim. Islam like claiming anything just to shout allahuakibar

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Oyo's Last Letter To Governor Makinde by Noviagro(m): 8:02pm On Apr 26, 2022

He was the only king in Nigeria that openly spoke against the presidency for their support to Fulani herdsmen.
Re: Alaafin Oyo's Last Letter To Governor Makinde by mightiersa: 8:10pm On Apr 26, 2022
It's past time to start double-checking before following people's write-ups, musical expressions, or even conversations. Imagine a king requesting greater recognition for traditional religion but being buried under Islamic injunction. That's similar to how one popular musician sang about "no place like home." He died and was buried in another country - truly, aajo o da'bi ile (no place like home)
Re: Alaafin Oyo's Last Letter To Governor Makinde by simplesearch: 8:12pm On Apr 26, 2022
When all the people clamoring for traditional this and that eventually dies, the moment they pass on to eternity and realize there is no one else or way to access the gate of heaven except through Jesus, they'll be dumbfounded and wish for another chance. If we all realize this truth early enough while on earth, no one will be wasting their life in pursuit of traditional religion or any other religion for that matter. We'll all have our lives surrendered to the Lordship of Christ without a second thought.
Re: Alaafin Oyo's Last Letter To Governor Makinde by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:21pm On Apr 26, 2022
farouk2much:
I swear this man look like horror

Whatt about this man?

Re: Alaafin Oyo's Last Letter To Governor Makinde by VHILL: 8:48pm On Apr 26, 2022
PAGAN9JA:
12th April, 2022

Our Ref: CULT./VOL.8/163

His Excellency,
Engr. Oluseyi Abiodun Makinde
The Executive Governor of Oyo State,
Governor's Office, State Secretariat,
Ibadan

REMINDER FOR EXECUTIVE APPROVAL OF PUBLIC HOLIDAY FOR TRADITIONAL RELIGION

1. Kindly accept my royal pleasantry and best wishes Your Excellency. I wish to respectfully draw Your Excellency's attention to our traditional religion, which is part of our heritage and needs to be preserved. It is today widely accepted and practiced in other parts of the world, especially in the African Diaspora.

2. It is crystal clear that since the inception of this administration, peace and tranquility had been reigning and it is only in an atmosphere of peace and unity that development and progress can thrive. However the recognition given to Christianity and Islam is physically pronounced with the declaration of a particular day or date for the observance of a festival day for the adherents of these two religions.

3. Subsequently a declaration of a specific date / day (20th August) for the observance of our Traditional Religion as "TRADITIONAL RELIGION DAY" just like Easter, Christmas, Idel Fitiri and Idel Kabir.

4. Pursuant to the above I wish to request that Your Excellency to show commitment for this project of continuity of peace and unity through endorsement of initiatives to move Oyo State up in the global cultural index scale by recognizing Traditional Religion and declaring August 20 of every year a public holiday as "TRADITIONAL RELIGION DAY".

6. Kindly consider these propositions as appropriate steps in our collective efforts to re-invent Oyo State.

7. Please accept the assurance of highest regards from Royal Stool.

IKU BABA YEYE

Oba (Dr.) Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi III, J.P., CFR, LL.D.
The Alaafin of Oyo and Permanent Chairman, Oyo State Council of Obas and Chiefs Chancellor University of Maiduguri, Borno State Chancellor Crescent University, Abeokuta, Ogun State Pro-Chancellor Keisie International University Nigeria, Ghana and Sierra Leone

Easter, Christmas, Idel Fitiri and Idel Kabir are already demonic
Re: Alaafin Oyo's Last Letter To Governor Makinde by nkemoma(m): 8:52pm On Apr 26, 2022
Now e dn die..
Re: Alaafin Oyo's Last Letter To Governor Makinde by mechanics(m): 9:07pm On Apr 26, 2022
pyyxxaro:
We are more concerned about the Wives he left behind

When are we allowed to start choosing cool
Funny.
Re: Alaafin Oyo's Last Letter To Governor Makinde by mechanics(m): 9:08pm On Apr 26, 2022
No state has declared a day for traditionalist holiday, don't know why he was so much interested in the holiday.
Re: Alaafin Oyo's Last Letter To Governor Makinde by Lucas4903: 9:13pm On Apr 26, 2022
T9ksy:

Oh I think you should have gone public with this while he was alive and probably do a YouTube video or a viral video and berate his person. Coward! Now that he is no more u feel u have the mouth to berate him and more so to add insult to your whole charade, you are even Yoruba. Continue so gbo Omo oni ran ki ran.

I wish I saw that picture where they say “You are nothing but werey in the sight of God”.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Beautiful Yoruba Brides In Their Costume / Badirat Olaitan Ajoke Adeyemi Celebrates Her 30th Birthday / Sallah Celebration: Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Adeyemi & His Wives Step Out Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.