Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,332 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Living Besides Nigeria - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Living Besides Nigeria (11236 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living Besides Nigeria by ceeceeuwa: 3:35pm On Jul 15, 2023
Psiyohos:
This thread goes to prove that any one can be okay in this life, Since a lot of us will not be able to travel abroad we can live a wonderful life here also in Nigeria.

Many things peddled are scams.
Just live a clean and upright life, practice Minimalist living. 5 of each clothes at most.
Read books, Be upright and live simply and you can achieve your goals in time..

If the cure for Body pain, malaria and even cancer lies in Scent leaf, lemon, lime and ginger.
300 naira
Then what else are we being deceived with?..

Poverty really is a thing of the mind. The goal is to make this 'wealth' a common place thing. And amidst the noise you should also find peace and happiness in this Nigeria albeit the cheap version.
How is it used,?
Re: Living Besides Nigeria by Psiyohos: 7:43pm On Jul 15, 2023
Slice, cut, boil and drink.
Re: Living Besides Nigeria by Psiyohos: 11:34am On Jul 20, 2023
Acha and Beans

When I was in Plateau state, I bought Acha one mudu for 1,300 naira.
I heard that you can buy it at Mile 12 Market.

I'm surprised at how quick it rises, I ate it with beans

3 Likes

Re: Living Besides Nigeria by Psiyohos: 6:10pm On Aug 05, 2023
Eba and Egusi soup

So I bought egusi, 1 derica 1300
Locust bean 100 AND
fish 300

I fried the egusi in hot oil for more than 15 mins which made the neighbours complain, added the locust bean and fish. Dazzol

2 Likes

Re: Living Besides Nigeria by Psiyohos: 6:12pm On Aug 05, 2023
Ginger, Scent leaf and Locust bean stew.

So I wanted the hot and spicy,
There's a love affair I have for Scentleaf and rice either jollof or white..
Here's white

5 Likes

Re: Living Besides Nigeria by Psiyohos: 4:00am On Aug 16, 2023
Occasional Recalibration of Your System

Yuck !!!!

Adimenu

Yea, this substance jump starts your body and helps ward of sicknesses like stroke, it helps recalibrate the nervous system..

YOU MUST NOT INGEST IT !!
TAKE IT AT HOME!!!
E GO SHAKE YOU O.

You can get it at Agege, I saw this at Fagba Road beside the Railway Police station,
It's 350 naira

Re: Living Besides Nigeria by ceeceeuwa: 3:59am On Aug 18, 2023
Psiyohos:
Occasional Recalibration of Your System

Yuck !!!!

Adimenu

Yea, this substance jump starts your body and helps ward of sicknesses like stroke, it helps recalibrate the nervous system..

YOU MUST NOT INGEST IT !!
TAKE IT AT HOME!!!
E GO SHAKE YOU O.

You can get it at Agege, I saw this at Fagba Road beside the Railway Police station,
It's 350 naira
What is the substance called?
Re: Living Besides Nigeria by Psiyohos: 12:58am On Aug 20, 2023
Adiménu
Re: Living Besides Nigeria by Psiyohos: 11:46am On Aug 31, 2023
GWOSH!!

I have officially relocated to Plateau state
I'm tired of the Demon Haunted Lagos.
You can't beat the view.

And no,

I don't have it all figured out yet.
But I know that there is going to be an implosion in Lagos by December,
Daylight robbery, Civil unrest and kidnapping due to the cost of living.
So I removed myself from that chaos.
Plus I don't want my child to grow up in lagos, it has become a cesspit.

In Plateau,  I get yams and fruits from Benue, Goats from Kaduna, so it doesn't just  have a strategic importance but an economic one. The kind of hunger that will affect people in lagos will never happen here thanks to Benue.

I will be opening a stationery shop, and renting a room while I build on my land(A Room and Parlour Self of course)
With the nice climate I hope to spend the rest of my life - Reading, Drinking Coffee , Eating salad, traveling Nigeria, watching movies, Riding bicycles, listening to music and eating cheap food.

WE DONT ALL HAVE TO GO ABROAD!!

Incase you are interested,  you don't have to be rich or have it all figured out yet to be free..

Be free!

Total Budget - 350k

8 Likes

Re: Living Besides Nigeria by Psiyohos: 8:18am On Sep 01, 2023
Jos is a photographer's paradise
A communist paradise

It feels like I am in Cuba

Ask yourself
What constitute a life :
Reading, greeting neighbours, Eating and relaxing.
Passing time.
Once you reduce your consumption you can live a richer life. You are not in this world to pay NEPA Bills.
Why not choose your own reality?

I have 1500 pdfs to read .
All I have to do is just seek rent and relax my life.

I already know how to live on 1k per day and here the money has more value, plus I only eat once a day. So I'm really going to enjoy my stay.

Anyway I off to buy mattress.
Instead of buying the clothes ones
I will buy the naked ones and buy casing
So where you will spend 50k on mattress I will spend 15k

Ha!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living Besides Nigeria by SoftSport(m): 11:07am On Sep 01, 2023
Psiyohos:
Jos is a photographer's paradise
A communist paradise

It feels like I am in Cuba

Ask yourself
What constitute a life :
Reading, greeting neighbours, Eating and relaxing.
Passing time.
Once you reduce your consumption you can live a richer life. You are not in this world to pay NEPA Bills.
Why not choose your own reality?

I have 1500 pdfs to read .
All I have to do is just seek rent and relax my life.

I already know how to live on 1k per day and here the money has more value, plus I only eat once a day. So I'm really going to enjoy my stay.

Anyway I off to buy mattress.
Instead of buying the clothes ones
I will buy the naked ones and buy casing
So where you will spend 50k on mattress I will spend 15k

Ha!
Nice one, Psiyohos
Re: Living Besides Nigeria by Psiyohos: 9:17am On Sep 02, 2023
Yams- 500 naira
Cocoyams- 500 naira

Yep That's why I am here.

I am beginning to change my pace of walking, life is very slow here.. I'm used to the fast paced and crazy life of Lagos. The entire atmosphere is therapy. Something is wrong with that state

I Think I will be spending 1k to 1.5k per week on food. That's how cheap things are.
And it is foolish to stock food in bulk it will just spoil.
There is always fresh food everyday.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living Besides Nigeria by Psiyohos: 9:21am On Sep 04, 2023
I come here to find out that a lot of Plateau women die from Diabetes.
I have seen obituaries of women as young as 48 /50, its a shame when The cure for Diabetes is just

Boiled Lime and Lemon

I bought this one for 100 naira.

It has something to do with weather, the cold weather means you constantly crave something sweet and you will find yourself sleeping more and unable to exercise some of that sugar.
Well drinking boiled Lime and lemon every morning can be very good. Since the major cause of Diabetes is a dearth in Vit C.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living Besides Nigeria by Psiyohos: 12:22pm On Sep 04, 2023
Beans and Yam

You know how much I bought the yam

Hmm umai..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living Besides Nigeria by kinah(f): 8:18pm On Sep 04, 2023
Psiyohos:
Beans and Yam

You know how much I bought the yam

Hmm umai..

Finally upgraded from stainless plate..

Nice !!!

1 Like

Re: Living Besides Nigeria by hahn(m): 10:18pm On Sep 04, 2023
Psiyohos:
I come here to find out that a lot of Plateau women die from Diabetes.
I have seen obituaries of women as young as 48 /50, its a shame when The cure for Diabetes is just

Boiled Lime and Lemon

I bought this one for 100 naira.

It has something to do with weather, the cold weather means you constantly crave something sweet and you will find yourself sleeping more and unable to exercise some of that sugar.
Well drinking boiled Lime and lemon every morning can be very good. Since the major cause of Diabetes is a dearth in Vit C.

Will one need to squeeze out the juice after boiling?
Re: Living Besides Nigeria by hahn(m): 10:19pm On Sep 04, 2023
kinah:

Finally upgraded from stainless plate..

Nice !!!

This sounds like a complimentary shade 😎
Re: Living Besides Nigeria by kinah(f): 3:56am On Sep 05, 2023
hahn:

This sounds like a complimentary shade 😎

No sir

When i said he should not use again

Psiyohos:

That's what I have o
I am an ascetic, a strong follower of Dionysius and Diogenes, I had them before they broke and I'm not buying anything else If stainless serve the same purpose

Minimalism all the way

So I was expecting he will travel with them.

The change is good.

1 Like

Re: Living Besides Nigeria by Psiyohos: 5:14am On Sep 05, 2023
hahn:

Will one need to squeeze out the juice after boiling?

It doesn't matter, just boil it like that, it extracts either ways.

1 Like

Re: Living Besides Nigeria by Love800(m): 4:11pm On Sep 07, 2023
Hello
Goodevening
I want to beg u for something
Pls can u roughly highlight a timetable with very cheap foods?
When i mean cheap, pls am not sugarcoating it. Infact cheap is an understatement. I want it very cheap because am a very poor guy. If u cant put the timetable together, u can just do a list of cheap foods for me.

Tanks
Re: Living Besides Nigeria by Psiyohos: 12:41pm On Sep 10, 2023
Turmeric Fried Rice

So here in Plateau, you can get
Grounded Turmeric 50 naira
Chopped carrot and green peas 50 naira
Curry one sachet 50 naira.
Salt, oil and pepper no egg (lol)

1 Like

Re: Living Besides Nigeria by Sentry2023: 4:01pm On Sep 10, 2023
Plateau is a state I'd reallyyy like to experience. The weather, the scenery, the agric ambience...but the sectarian crises set me back. How humans are routinely cut down en-masse, fills me with grieve and anger.
Re: Living Besides Nigeria by Psiyohos: 10:20am On Sep 11, 2023
Love800:
Hello
Goodevening
I want to beg u for something
Pls can u roughly highlight a timetable with very cheap foods?
When i mean cheap, pls am not sugarcoating it. Infact cheap is an understatement. I want it very cheap because am a very poor guy. If u cant put the timetable together, u can just do a list of cheap foods for me.

Tanks

I don't think I can do that now,
But you can peruse this thread and make a time table based on what I have posted...

Take care
Re: Living Besides Nigeria by Love800(m): 10:24am On Sep 11, 2023
Ok.
Tank u
Psiyohos:

I don't think I can do that now,
But you can peruse this thread and make a time table based on what I have posted...

Take care
Re: Living Besides Nigeria by Psiyohos: 11:31am On Sep 11, 2023
INSTEAD OF NOODLES, ACHA !!!

Stop buying noodles and buy Acha instead, I'm still eating the one I bought for 1300 in July

It cooks fast and rises a lot. So a little cup can serve you well.
All you need like this is oil, pepper onions and salt.

Shikena. I'm off to the shop.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living Besides Nigeria by Psiyohos: 10:51am On Sep 12, 2023
ONIONS TO THE RESCUE

It goes without saying that Garri is the go to food for everyone this time,
It is first aid after coming back from work, and the foundation on which we rest our cooked food on.

But our eyes nkan?

The price of tablets like yeast and Vit E means the hospitals are betting heavily on cashing out on our prospective eye defects.

Try and eat at least 2 bulbs of ONIONS per week
And add a lot when cooking..
Onions,
Bitter kola
And walnut can save your eyes, I'm not saying it's a cure but you will be better off without it.
Re: Living Besides Nigeria by Love800(m): 11:23am On Sep 12, 2023
Pls what is acha?
Psiyohos:

Stop buying noodles and buy Acha instead, I'm still eating the one I bought for 1300 in July

Re: Living Besides Nigeria by Psiyohos: 11:36am On Sep 12, 2023
It's a grain, like millet. It is called Hungry man rice, or Fonio

It is very popular in the North, not so much in the west but, think you can get it at Mile 12 in Lagos

Can be eaten like a cereal or made like jollof rice with beans and vegetables
Re: Living Besides Nigeria by Psiyohos: 4:35pm On Sep 12, 2023
Sentry2023:
Plateau is a state I'd reallyyy like to experience. The weather, the scenery, the agric ambience...but the sectarian crises set me back. How humans are routinely cut down en-masse, fills me with grieve and anger.

Don't tell me you haven't noticed that ever since I posted about relocation to Plateau, attacks by Bandits have been front page material just to discourage people from doing the same
If that doesn't show you that Nairaland is being run by demons I don't know what will..

Where I am in Jos Metropolis, everything is peaceful, the students held thier peaceful protest and life is calm as usual.

For Dinner, I will be eating porridge. With
Potatoes I bought for 200 naira Vegetables 50 naira

Make the move if you can biblical suffering is coming to Nigeria. This has come to stay
It's peak oil and will only get worse from here.

The plan of the government is to frustrate the citizens with bio watfare( hunger, covid etc) so that they kill themselves, or die leaving the infrastructure behind (House, shops, money in the bank etc)

If you read Crossing The Rubicon by Mike Rupppert you will see that many people predicted this will happen as far as back as the 70s

Go to YouTube and search city preppers.
Wo I'm tired

We are in serious trouble

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living Besides Nigeria by Sentry2023: 9:22pm On Sep 12, 2023
Psiyohos:

Don't tell me you haven't noticed that ever since I posted about relocation to Plateau, attacks by Bandits have been front page material just to discourage people from doing the same
If that doesn't show you that Nairaland is being run by demons I don't know what will..

Where I am in Jos Metropolis, everything is peaceful, the students held thier peaceful protest and life is calm as usual.

For Dinner, I will be eating porridge. With
Potatoes I bought for 200 naira Vegetables 50 naira

Make the move if you can biblical suffering is coming to Nigeria. This has come to stay
It's peak oil and will only get worse from here.

The plan of the government is to frustrate the citizens with bio watfare( hunger, covid etc) so that they kill themselves, or die leaving the infrastructure behind (House, shops, money in the bank etc)

If you read Crossing The Rubicon by Mike Rupppert you will see that many people predicted this will happen as far as back as the 70s

Go to YouTube and search city preppers.
Wo I'm tired

We are in serious trouble

I agree with you that Nairaland is a propaganda arm of the govt, particularly by the owner and a certain mod in the politics section. Their shameful bigotry and fake news, especially on twitter, are well documented.

But to create the idea of a boogeyman as an excuse for the well syndicated sectarian murders and land-grabbing routinely ongoing in the Middle belt, is to be poorly informed.

I have friends who lost family members in the Jos crises of the late 90s. Friends who after fleeing Plateau state and returning, discovered that their properties were now under control of Sahelian criminals.

Sectarian crises in Plateau, and other states in the middle-belt are very real.

I enjoy your thread so much, but I wonder if you will continue to live the way you do if your fortune improves.
Re: Living Besides Nigeria by Psiyohos: 1:57am On Sep 13, 2023
I hope to enjoy every state in Nigeria sequesterence is not really something I enjoy. Of course I'll leave Plateau in time. No place is 'safe'

But the entirety of life have lost its candour to me, I have seen things No one should, I'm just taking it all in stride. So, this is it for me, A traveler's approach to life, own less, eat little, travel more, meditate and give and teach all.
Re: Living Besides Nigeria by Dc14(m): 10:01am On Sep 13, 2023
Psiyohos:

pls what is acha what the other names it is call

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

*The Best Fertility Food* / Girls Hand-Out Cupcakes Baked With Urine / What Is The Moimoi Leaf Called?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.