Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:40 AM

Free Guide On Training Your Dog - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Free Guide On Training Your Dog (1985 Views)

7 Dog Health Benefits From Leash Training Your Dog / Tips On Potty Training Your Pup / Would You Allow Your Dog To Kill A Thief/Robber In Your Home? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free Guide On Training Your Dog by bigbauer(m): 9:34pm On Sep 09, 2022
Haryoife:

How much do you get the clickers for

Re: Free Guide On Training Your Dog by lightk9: 9:06am On Sep 12, 2022
bigbauer:

Have you tried it at all, or you are encountering a problem with training the dog?.
Re: Free Guide On Training Your Dog by bigbauer(m): 10:37pm On Sep 12, 2022
I am having a serious challenge with time due to work. I've engaged a trainer. Meanwhile, i want to sell the caucasian/gsd mix for a pure breed caucasian male puppy. Hopefully within this week so that the trainer can start training them by next monday.

lightk9:

Have you tried it at all, or you are encountering a problem with training the dog?.
Re: Free Guide On Training Your Dog by jackspy: 1:53pm On May 08, 2023
lightk9:

Does she know and obey the basic cues like sit, down, stay, heel, come, touch, leave it?.

No, I just got her from the breeder like three days ago. Are you still active on here Trying to potty train and teach her commands.. QUite difficult. First time dog owner

I saw you mention treats, what kind of treats. WHere can i buy them
Re: Free Guide On Training Your Dog by soladavies(m): 4:34pm On Apr 18
This is a very interesting topic, I have gotten a clicker and I own a 9 weeks old puppy, will be happy to train her.

Breed: GSD
Name: Bella

lightk9:
This is my first post since I have been on Nairaland. But what I have noticed on the pet section is that many owners cannot train their dogs on their own. And I would like to expose dog owners to training dogs.
First I would like people who are interested to notify by telling is the name of their dog and their dogs breed, so that it would be easy for others to be able to track their dog training success after they started learning it here on Nairaland.
Be it stubborn Caucasian shepherd, boerboel, cane for so, rottweiler, pit bulls, bull mastiff, or any other breed irrespective of the age, this guide would help you.
Firstly, before indicating, you should acquire, a clicker or a retractable pen. I would start with clicker training, and later I would introduce the use of other marker words, like yes, good boy and the likes. The reason is that with the use of the clicker( retractable pen if you do not have clicker, or you download Clicker app in your phone), you would be able to practically understand the mistakes pet owners make, right in your house.
The reason for the indication is that I would start from the easy commands like sit, to complex tricks and I want others to easily understand how those who tried it could train their dog without the help of the trainer, and like I said it would be easy to track their success.
Once anyone has indicated that he is ready, and he has a clicker, retractable pen or he has downloaded the clicker app from play store, I would start giving tips and then you watch the magic in dog training.
Note; in case you are not sure of what is retractable pen. It is that office pen that makes a sound when you press the top. Please always go for the loudest you can get in the bookshop. If it is not loud it is not useful.
Please indicate your interest if you are interested as fast as you can so you do not drag others behind.
For critics, watch and see how dog owners would testify, even the Caucasian shepherd owners, would do so.
Please be ready to buy treats, without treats you can do nothing if you are not experienced.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Killed By His Own Dog On Christmas Day (PHOTO) / Lost Dog - Who Knows This Dog / Good 3 Months Male German Shepherd Puppy For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.