Stats: 3,156,300 members, 7,829,700 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Rabi Ismail (actress) To Die By Hanging - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Rabi Ismail (actress) To Die By Hanging (19245 Views)

Man Who Killed Policemen Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Bayelsa (photo) / Nigeria Rental Car Operator Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Malaysia(photos) / Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery (2) (3) (4)

Re: Rabi Ismail (actress) To Die By Hanging by eldee(m): 9:24am On Jul 10, 2011
The only problem with this is that the idiots that burnt people to death and hacked up heads are walking free in Maiduguri.
Re: Rabi Ismail (actress) To Die By Hanging by Exponental(m): 9:30am On Jul 10, 2011
I think death sentence shld be to "lives threats", a means of defending defenseless. Rather, punishing tru life sentence will be d real punishment.

Death is an end not a punishment!
Re: Rabi Ismail (actress) To Die By Hanging by Sacarstic: 9:30am On Jul 10, 2011
I am 100% in support of Death penalty, no one has the right to take the life of another and you cannot deprive someone from living while you want to live but my greatest concern is wrongful conviction that will lead to the execution of an innocent soul, even in the U.S people are sometimes wrongly convicted,how much more here in 9ja. The media is now blowing up her case because she is an actress, what would have happened if she was no body??, I think there must be surmountable evidence against her, having lost the case from the lower court to the apex court.
Re: Rabi Ismail (actress) To Die By Hanging by executinal(m): 11:54am On Jul 10, 2011
minotaur:

Eclairs sweet!!! how silly! chocolate, especially dark chocolate, contains a lot of substances which can induce a good number of reactions in an individual. Was that particular eclairs or others from the same manufacturing brand examined for possible toxic substances? Where are the results of the investigation? I do not agree with the verdict.

Ok grammarian, objection overrule, next topic, shocked shocked shocked
Re: Rabi Ismail (actress) To Die By Hanging by Tyche(m): 12:33pm On Jul 10, 2011
Really sympathise with this chick. Who really knows what happened? It's a pity.
Re: Rabi Ismail (actress) To Die By Hanging by Wadosky(m): 12:54pm On Jul 10, 2011
What's the motive behind her killing her hubby? Gosh she deserve whatever punishment they gave her.am surprised people like segun arinze will be clamouring for mercy just because the victim is not related to him,abeg the case has been rested.
Re: Rabi Ismail (actress) To Die By Hanging by phreakabit(m): 1:08pm On Jul 10, 2011
Just one of the many "benefits" of Sharia law. I doubt any form of investigation was conducted. Any autopsy report?
Re: Rabi Ismail (actress) To Die By Hanging by maasoap(m): 1:27pm On Jul 10, 2011
Please, all antagonists of death sentence! Can you please tell our judges on nairaland why your life should be spared after you have intentionally cut short my life knowing fully well that I was not ready to die. Convince them how sparing your life will deter other potential murderers. Message for the antagonists of death sentence, don't cut short lifes of others, if you do, yours too will be cut short. Whether barbaric or marmaric.
Re: Rabi Ismail (actress) To Die By Hanging by mallorca(m): 1:28pm On Jul 10, 2011
rip
Re: Rabi Ismail (actress) To Die By Hanging by kandiikane(m): 1:48pm On Jul 10, 2011
stagger:

She should be sent to the firing squad!

Women think they can get away with all manner of actions and hide under the cloak of being discriminated and denied equal rights.
The other day, someone I know was bathed with acid by his wife during a domestic argument. Tell me, who in his right mind will be asking for leniency for such a person in such cases?

I have never heard of women hiding under the cloak of discrimination and unequal rights after they have murdered someone. This whole situation has nothing to do with women, she was found guilty for murder and she got sentenced. Stick to the subject.
Re: Rabi Ismail (actress) To Die By Hanging by minotaur(m): 1:51pm On Jul 10, 2011
darqly:

minotaur, whilst there is the minutest chance this may be possible, i think u need to understand the love that a typical HAUSA man has for confectioneries and just how much Kano has to offer. Chances are that if he'd been allergic, he'd have died ages before meeting the accused- We did eat a helluva lot of sweets in Kano and they're in abundance too.

@chukaeze hurling insults @ other posters is neither germane to the issue being discussed nor does it cement your authority as a bastion of knowledge in the matter. Thats the reason it's a PUBLIC forum- You could instead share what you KNOW in the hope that everyone leaves abit wiser than when they got here-# Just saying

Didnt know Hausa men loved confectionaries so much. Dont know their habits as I've avoided the north like the plague. Been there only once!

The report says that she was alleged to have rendered him unconscious by giving him an eclairs sweet and then proceeded to carry out the drowning. So its either she injected the eclairs full of whatever substance which was enough to knock out a full grown man or she undid the whole eclairs sweet and inserted the substance in it. The report says eclairs sweet which I believe means one as it did not say 'sweets'. Besides, toxicological tests like chromatography, etc would have been able to identify exactly which substance was used.  Before you sentence an individual to the death penalty, you have to prove beyond 'reasonable doubt' that she was the culprit, not based on circumstantial evidence as seems to be in this case. Maybe, as a previous poster said, the information is available under the FOI bill. But I doubt if it will contain all this information.

Also, is it the Supreme court of Nigeria or the Supreme Court of Sharia?

And this is the kind of system and law Boko Haram wants to establish in Nigeria! God forbod!!! angry
Re: Rabi Ismail (actress) To Die By Hanging by dibiapeterchukwukayahoo(m): 2:15pm On Jul 10, 2011
Y do human speak with double mouth? 3courts of law found her guilty as charged. Pls she shd be killed simple. We all ask for equal justice den wen we see one we start shoutin again .smcheew*is it because she is an actress dat she shd not face death sentence? If dat be de case, den let every actors n actreses start killin de husband and wife let see how most of u here sayin barbaric will react wen ur sis happens to be de wife or de husband of one dis actors(resses) dat will be killed, Law of karma has always been dia okay! Dose dat kill will be killed simple no emotions , no sentiment. Abi how many of u here will shout barbaric if dat man dat BANKER WIFE is sentenced to death?
Re: Rabi Ismail (actress) To Die By Hanging by seyibrown(f): 2:30pm On Jul 10, 2011
Life imprisonment instead!
Re: Rabi Ismail (actress) To Die By Hanging by BetaThings: 2:35pm On Jul 10, 2011
manny4life:

I know a lot of you will hate what I have to say, but I will say it

I 100% SUPPORT the DEATH PENALTY; only on two grounds
A. if the crime committed was a heinous crime particularly those that fall under the protected class such as hate crimes on race or sex or religion

B. The severity of the crime, for instance mutilation of a human body, if I was a U.S. Supreme Court Justice, I will VOTE for the death penalty.

People commit crimes with passion and thus should be punished as such, who ever who lives by the sword will die by the sword. I'm a real life strong advocate of the death penalty, and support states that still enforce such penalty. This ill reduce the number of felons in our penile system, the more dangerous people are removed from the system, the more we are one step closer to safeguarding our system.
Who will disagree with you except people who don't care about life
Nobody has the right to determine when another should leave this world
Anybody who terminates another person's life knowingly deserves death
Every act of deliberate killing is a hate crime - let us not split hairs
People do not kill out of love for their victim

The barbaric argument put forward by Nollywood actors is self-serving
If a policeman shoots an actor dead at a checkpoint, will they say it is barbaric to kill the policeman?
Ibinabo got drunk and killed a medical consultant while driving, Nollywood started talking that Ibinabo is a mother etc
The dead doctor who had been giving relief to the sick was an animal?
Wunmi, another Nollywood actress, was caught with a large quantity of cocaine at MM Airport.
Nollywood actors rallied round her to pay N1m fine. She should have been caught in Thailand or Singapore
The same week they were letting her go, a Nigerian, Tochukwu, was killed for unknowingly helping in trafficking cocaine

Policemen carry guns all the time and can shoot at protesters or people who are running away from the scene of a crime that does not involve death
This summary death sentence is not barbaric
But somebody who spent years exploring legal loopholes and appealing and re-appealing get judgement and they say it is barbaric. What about the innocent person who was murdered in cold blood perhaps by the person he trusted
It is human nature to do away with felons!
Nollywood should pls stop parroting the products of thinking done by people of  foreign culture

seyibrown:

why? because she is a woman or we have too much space in our jails or because there is a possibility of letting her out in error or a jail break or pardoning her 7 years from now due to "good behaviour" ?
Re: Rabi Ismail (actress) To Die By Hanging by samoks(m): 3:14pm On Jul 10, 2011
dibiapeterchukwuka@yahoo.:

Y do human speak with double mouth? 3courts of law found her guilty as charged. Pls she shd be killed simple. We all ask for equal justice den wen we see one we start shoutin again .smcheew*is it because she is an actress dat she shd not face death sentence? If dat be de case, den let every actors n actreses start killin de husband and wife let see how most of u here sayin barbaric will react wen your sis happens to be de wife or de husband of one dis actors(resses) dat will be killed, Law of karma has always been dia okay! Dose dat kill will be killed simple no emotions , no sentiment. Abi how many of u here will shout barbaric if dat man dat BANKER WIFE is sentenced to death?

May you live long, Thank you for standing for the truth,

maasoap:

Please, all antagonists of death sentence! Can you please tell our judges on nairaland why your life should be spared after you have intentionally cut short my life knowing fully well that I was not ready to die. Convince them how sparing your life will deter other potential murderers. Message for the antagonists of death sentence, don't cut short lifes of others, if you do, yours too will be cut short. Whether barbaric or marmaric.

How do you expect them to talk? They know the truth, in their heart of hearts, they know that they would not accept anything less than death sentence if the diseased happen to be their relative.

Sacarstic:

I am 100% in support of Death penalty, no one has the right to take the life of another and you cannot deprive someone from living while you want to live but my greatest concern is wrongful conviction that will lead to the execution of an innocent soul, even in the U.S people are sometimes wrongly convicted,how much more here in 9ja. The media is now blowing up her case because she is an actress, what would have happened if she was no body??, I think there must be surmountable evidence against her, having lost the case from the lower court to the apex court.

Please stop citing the US as an example, we are not using the United States laws in Naija, let her be killed, no grammar, no story,

I support the DEATH SENTENCE 101%.

All those in support of Nollywood's stars' plea, Please no grammar, just answer this question,

Would you call this judgement barbaric if the SLAIN man was your Dad, Brother,Uncle or Friend?

No sentiments here.
I don't even know why this case has been prolonged this far.

And her death MUST BE CELEBRATED, Good riddance, Nonsense
Re: Rabi Ismail (actress) To Die By Hanging by Outstrip(f): 4:08pm On Jul 10, 2011
Everybody that has called for her blood without even bothering to see any evidence or even if there is any evidence (besides this story about her injecting the eclairs with this very potent poison) stand by your word and pray that you take the same punishment the man that kills her will take. Pray that if she is innocent you pay for spilling the blood of the innocent. Say Amen to that prayer and go on about your day.
Re: Rabi Ismail (actress) To Die By Hanging by ifyalways(f): 4:12pm On Jul 10, 2011
9 solid years and she could not prove her innocence?3 different courts,juries?

God is all forgiving,man retailates.
God says turn the other cheeck,Man takes an eye and even nose for an eye.

I'm God fearing but human. . .very.
Re: Rabi Ismail (actress) To Die By Hanging by Tinyemeka(m): 4:23pm On Jul 10, 2011
Na wa O. I used to think we as Nigerians were sympathetic to the preservation of human life. I'm surprised at the number of respondents calling for the actress' capital punishment. I'm sure those who are against it haven't quite spoken so these replies shouldn't be a true representation of our mentality. People must still talk.

It is said that she committed murder, but was it actually her intention to kill the man? Did she drug and then drag him into a swimming pool? How did the victim die? People drug others for a lot of reasons one of which may be to steal frm the victim. The report didn't give much details about the man's death so I won't say much on that.

I don't intend justifying any of the actress' actions but the court should temper justice with mercy. I strongly suspect she wasn't adequately represented in court. They can commute her sentence to life imprisonment rather than killing her.

On the part of the Actors Guild members expressing their rxns, if they are truly sincere in support for their colleague, then Nuttal and co should not have used such aggravating comments as "not done in this 21st century", etc. I don't know what reactions they'd expexted to elicit by such statements. A more concilliatory approach should've been considered if they'd wanted to be listened to.

Again, pls O, the actress could be sentenced to life imprisonment instead of being hanged. Abeg.uately represented in court. They can commute her sentence to life imprisonment rather than killing her.

On the part of the Actors Guild members expressing their rxns, if they are truly sincere in support for their colleague, then Nuttal and co should not have used such aggravating comments as "not done in this 21st century", etc. I don't know what reactions they'd expexted to elicit by such statements. A more concilliatory approach should've been considered if they'd wanted to be listened to.

Again, pls O, the actress could be sentenced to life imprisonment instead of being hanged. Abeg.
Re: Rabi Ismail (actress) To Die By Hanging by Reference(m): 4:28pm On Jul 10, 2011
Nollywood's got her the ear of the Supreme Court. The fact she's a lady is causing commotion here. That lady holding a sword and scales is blind to this case too. If it was an old bum doing the male specialty - rape and strangulate he'd have no sympathy. What kind of devious mind lures and poisons oh Willy Shakespear.
Re: Rabi Ismail (actress) To Die By Hanging by maasoap(m): 5:05pm On Jul 10, 2011
I don't quite understand why some people here are fighting judgement (death sentence) instead of constitution that makes provision for capital punishment.
And to those of you who are demanding evidence for a murder case of that passed through three courts over a period of 9 years, you were supposed to be attending the court hearings because that was the only way you could have determined whether she is guilty or not.
My advice: Don't kill with a measure to cover your evil deed because if your cover is blown off and you're caught, , well, you've known what will be your end.
Re: Rabi Ismail (actress) To Die By Hanging by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 10, 2011
She is a star according to reports, She needs to be respected for that. Amaximum of 25years in prison at most. undecided
Re: Rabi Ismail (actress) To Die By Hanging by texazzpete(m): 5:15pm On Jul 10, 2011
minotaur:

Also, is it the Supreme court of Nigeria or the Supreme Court of Sharia?

And this is the kind of system and law Boko Haram wants to establish in Nigeria! God forbod!!! angry

You're such a brainless twit.
The article mentions the 'Supreme Court' several times. When have you ever heard of a 'supreme court of Sharia'? Is there really any educated adult in Nigeria that does not know what court the term 'apex court' refers to?
Also, what's the logic in assuming a judge named 'Francis' could be a justice in the mythical 'Supreme Court of Sharia'? You're just hearing of this case and suddenly you're 'sure' and 'convinced' she's innocent even when several other law courts have found her guilty, even when she has a confessional statement on file, even when you haven't read a single word of any of the previous judgements!

This has NOTHING to do with Boko Haram and everything to do with the death penalty. Just for the record, I am 100% in support of the death penalty for murderers, kidnappers and their ilk. Hell, i blame the Government. Public firing squad execution is a far better deterrent to killers than hanging.
Re: Rabi Ismail (actress) To Die By Hanging by texazzpete(m): 5:16pm On Jul 10, 2011
Ijogz K:

She is a star according to reports, She needs to be respected for that. Amaximum of 25years in prison at most. undecided

We'll keep that in mind just in case a 'star' kills you someday grin

Re: Rabi Ismail (actress) To Die By Hanging by manny4life(m): 5:20pm On Jul 10, 2011
Again, I am not here to look at evidence, if after years upon years, 3 judicial courts found her guilty, then in the most sense I doubt her innocence. Wrongly convicted felons are a different story; at least someone, someplace, somehow will see a loophole using forensics and DNA evidence, although I don't know if this was applied in this case; nevertheless she has to pay for her crime. No justice WILL vote for death penalty if it's not in Nigeria Constitution; the courts DO NOT make laws or just form their own laws, they interpret and uphold the law.

Outstrip:

Everybody that has called for her blood without even bothering to see any evidence or even if there is any evidence (besides this story about her injecting the eclairs with this very potent poison) stand by your word and pray that you take the same punishment the man that kills her will take. Pray that if she is innocent you pay for spilling the blood of the innocent. Say Amen to that prayer and go on about your day.

Ijogz K:

My friend murder is murder, it cannot be tainted, coated or whatever fits your boat. Heinous crimes like this in my book should carry a death penalty regardless of your status.
Re: Rabi Ismail (actress) To Die By Hanging by sonickay(m): 5:28pm On Jul 10, 2011
minotaur:

The report says that she was alleged to have rendered him unconscious by giving him an eclairs sweet and then proceeded to carry out the drowning. So its either she injected the eclairs full of whatever substance which was enough to knock out a full grown man or she undid the whole eclairs sweet and inserted the substance in it. The report says eclairs sweet which I believe means one as it did not say 'sweets'. Besides, toxicological tests like chromatography, etc would have been able to identify exactly which substance was used.  Before you sentence an individual to the death penalty, you have to prove beyond 'reasonable doubt' that she was the culprit, not based on circumstantial evidence as seems to be in this case. Maybe, as a previous poster said, the information is available under the FOI bill. But I doubt if it will contain all this information.

I supose u saw judge's name-Festus,no sharia eh.i support u guy i dont undastand dis: she comitd a grossly barbaric crime she was punished justly, why shud Nollywood remov d barbaric & tag justice as barbaric.if it were a farmer, who has no Nigerian Asso. Of Farmers, no Nolly,i am sure evrbdy wil b ready to matchet him.dis actress no even plead not guilty or come out with evidence.it would b beta if she appeald 4 life imprisonment rada dan luk 4 legal loopholes. Damn! Nigerians are executd abroad despite Nigeria's govt pleas dat offence is less barbaric, we dont feel bad.naija its only when people put pepper in our eyes we feel bitter n die 2 retaliate but if na oda people we go say na mistake, my oga no vez am.haba, human systematicaly kill anoda haaaa, huh, hmm
Re: Rabi Ismail (actress) To Die By Hanging by Reference(m): 5:55pm On Jul 10, 2011
seyibrown:

E no matter. Life imprisonment for Nigeria na death sentence in slow motion. For murder you go get real dungeon. No be like US cage wey get tv and gym. Here na prison dogs dey keep fit with 3,000 naira wackies per day while guests dey manage 300 naira wey get suspended sentence sometimes to be released after servicing aunty warder.

Some people dey say hanging dey barbaric. Na electrocution by NEPA you want. I no understand because the only light wey fit kill dey inside faulty transformer, the one for chair na half current wey go only tickle your kini.

Abi na lethal injection. This one I fit agree say you go die but no because e work but after contractor and comptroller share money na ota pia pia go settle matter.

Dis country.
Re: Rabi Ismail (actress) To Die By Hanging by oladayo042: 6:03pm On Jul 10, 2011
Laalamed:

God is ultimate judge.He u must not kill.both d killer and judge will see wrath of God.death penalty has not reduced crimes worldwide.crime rate is increasing even arab nations where death penalty is common.it is sad some people have sentenced to death wrongly,truth revealed after being sentenced to death.in my opinion,most criminals need psychological and religious rehabilitation.
Are you for real? The judge will see the wrath of God? C'mon, I used to think that way when I was 5. If you are on a plane and a terrorist is trying to detonate a bomb. Fortunately, a marshall is on board with his rifle and gunned down the terrorist. Are you telling me the marshall "will see the wrath of God"?

Being a good judge is one of the most difficult things on earth but three different courts within nine years with the same decision is something to note.

If you are ready to do the crime, be ready to do the time (visit the gallows).
Re: Rabi Ismail (actress) To Die By Hanging by manneger(m): 6:34pm On Jul 10, 2011
Ijogz K:

see what an idiot is saying, wetin actress got to do with this, sum pple dont have brain, once is prove(whch must hav 4 good 9yr) dat d idiot kil dis man her lover 4 dat matter(shows dat she is nt only wicket but heartles) she must must must face d law, for most of u sayin u shuld nt tke sumbodys live, r u pple ok? What if d desease is u, she started it my taking sumbodys live. She must die period let it be lesson 4 oda folks out there, i rest my case
Re: Rabi Ismail (actress) To Die By Hanging by MMM2(m): 6:58pm On Jul 10, 2011
Is a pity.
Re: Rabi Ismail (actress) To Die By Hanging by dayokanu(m): 6:59pm On Jul 10, 2011
One man Kolade hacked his wife to death, this woman killed her boyfriend

Pls let me know why their sentence should be different.

IMO both deserve death penalty
Re: Rabi Ismail (actress) To Die By Hanging by jarkbauer: 7:37pm On Jul 10, 2011
Arowolo kolade killed his all clamored for thorough investigation and if found guilty he should be killed.now another killer was thoroughly investigated and and was found guilty now to be hung you all are crying foul.i am sure if the brainless actors had their way the will want her to be freed and be given pat on the back "dont do that again". a murderer is a murderer and should be killed
i will implore you pple to watch crime and investigation channel to see how sad the family of the victim feel as if justice was denied them when the so called modern society gives sentence to the killers.
Re: Rabi Ismail (actress) To Die By Hanging by Outstrip(f): 7:41pm On Jul 10, 2011
According to the news that man mutilated his wife. he claims she stabbed herself. How does someone stab themselves and take out an organ and gorge out her eys. That's like saying someone committed suicide by shooting themselves in the head three times. How can you even compare the evidence that has been made public. It's like you people are playing moomoo just to prove a point. They said she poisoned some food he ate. That's not enough evidence. When you see a man with blood all over him jump a fence and then comes back and says she mutilated herslef before she died and you compare it to this it is very hard to take you seriously

Mother Pours Hot Water On Son In Ogun / Peter Thomas: Tiv Leader Leads Thugs To Attack Residents In Lagos / My Experience With Kidnappers Barely 30 Minutes Ago[not A Story, A True Experien

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95