Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,391 members, 7,836,573 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate (42066 Views)

Sanwo-Olu: Tinubu Paid For My Nomination And Expression Of Interest Forms / Oby Ezekwesili: 'I Rejected An Offer To Be Buhari's Running Mate In 2011' / President Buhari 'Running' While Performing Umrah In Makkah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by thonyokun(m): 1:07pm On Apr 29, 2022
maasoap:

Just read your post again, he didn't nominate him but only supported him. Who nominated Osinbajo then?

Who nominated him
It was Saraki, Aregbesola and Amosun that nominated him. Tinubu even opposed his nomination but couldn't do much because Tinubu's initial plan was to be the vice president himself but got disqualified simply because its gonna be a Muslim- Muslim ticket. D story long sha
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by RoyalDiadems: 1:08pm On Apr 29, 2022
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by basseeafricana: 5:54pm On Apr 29, 2022
Kilometres:

Tinubu didn't make the call because...he himself wanted to be VP but everyone was against it cos of the Muslim/Muslim thing.

Yet, he was still given the sole right to pick the VP...he could have picked anyone else...but he reluctantly picked Osinbajo

Ok....so who chose Osinbajo for Tinubu as commissioner of Justice for 8years?
Let them be saying rubbish. Who took Osibanjo as Commissioner for 8 yrs? Osibanjo and his fools wish see pepper by May ending
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by uniquetechng: 8:33pm On Apr 29, 2022
Siwel25:

Bullshit. Fear God ooooo! Osinbajo himself is on record saying Tinubu nominated him. Who the hell are you people forming Supporters club now? Did U even know him before Jagaban nominated him? Baba Bisi Akande and Osinbajo both say Tinubu nominated him but you all are trying to twist history. Who was Aregbe to nominate VP when Jagaban was there?

If Jagaban had insisted on being VP, the whole party would have collapsed but he sacrificed his ambition for the Party's interest. Fear God ooo!
He didn't sacrifices any ambition, Buhari wasnt comfortable with Muslim/Muslim ticket thats why he kicked against Tinubu being his running mate , he actually had a confrontation with PMB because he was having none of what Tinubu wanted
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by Akanoaaa(m): 10:11pm On Apr 29, 2022
Siwel25:

People like you will always play down the roles of those who help U in life.

Jagaban could have nominated any Christian and it will be done. Many of you did not even know Osinbajo before Tinubu picked him. U are now forming Supporters club. Yeye!

If you tell me Osinbajo came into politics, I will agree with you but for VP, even Tinubu himself can't claim that. He picked Oyinlola ahead of Osinbajo and because Aregbe opposed nomination of Oyinlola and he had no choice and agreed with the rest.

If we should thank someone about Osinbajo VP, thank Saraki and co first before even think about Tinubu.
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by Nobody: 11:13pm On Apr 29, 2022
Akanoaaa:

If you tell me Osinbajo came into politics, I will agree with you but for VP, even Tinubu himself can't claim that. He picked Oyinlola ahead of Osinbajo and because Aregbe opposed nomination of Oyinlola and he had no choice and agreed with the rest.

If we should thank someone about Osinbajo VP, thank Saraki and co first before even think about Tinubu.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/tinubu-nominated-vice-president-osinbajo/amp/

I hope you will stop these lies after reading what Osinbajo himself said in 2016. U people can be very mischievous with trying to rewrite history just to downplay Tinubu's role.
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by Scolopy(m): 10:19am On Apr 30, 2022
Lots of miscreants keep saying nonsense they no nothing about on this nairaland.this is d second time this story is coming out and nobody from tinubu's camp as come out to denied it...tinubu was against his nomination because osinbanjo never support Muslim Muslim ticket because Boko Haram was a serious Issue then� Nigeria politics isn't lagos politics
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by Akanoaaa(m): 11:38am On Apr 30, 2022
Siwel25:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/tinubu-nominated-vice-president-osinbajo/amp/

I hope you will stop these lies after reading what Osinbajo himself said in 2016. U people can be very mischievous with trying to rewrite history just to downplay Tinubu's role.

Did He mention Tinubu? I wonder why you shared a link that you don't even ready what's inside. Shame. Go there and read again, then come back here and quote me orakunrin.
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 30, 2022
Akanoaaa:

Did He mention Tinubu? I wonder why you shared a link that you don't even ready what's inside. Shame. Go there and read again, then come back here and quote me orakunrin.

He doesn't have to. How many Governors did he serve as commissioner? He even mentioned The National Leader of the APC. Stop denying the obvious! Even a dunce can decode.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Governor Makinde Runs Half Marathon With Daughter In US (Photos) / Lekki Floods: Babatunde Adejare Visits Lekki Area After Hours Of Rainfall. PICS / I Won My Election Clean And Clear – Mark Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.