Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate (42029 Views)

Sanwo-Olu: Tinubu Paid For My Nomination And Expression Of Interest Forms / Oby Ezekwesili: 'I Rejected An Offer To Be Buhari's Running Mate In 2011' / President Buhari 'Running' While Performing Umrah In Makkah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by tollyboy5(m): 12:42pm On Apr 28, 2022
Maxymilliano:
My grouse with this interview is how he left out Tinubu's name completely in the entire narration.

Somebody watered the ground and paved the way for him, Aregbe and Amosun were just the purveyors.

You skipped the earlier report that said amosu and aregbe were the ones who insist on osinbajo before asiwaju had to agree

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by DOnlooker(m): 12:44pm On Apr 28, 2022
Reading through his story, I didn't see the single name one would expect to see several times considering the topic and the insinuations about his emergence as vice president.
Osinbajo used style to tell the whole world that it wasn't Tinubu that brought him to Buhari or to VP position.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by Ayed44: 12:47pm On Apr 28, 2022
Osinbajo has not told us who nominated him for the said position.
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by hotseat: 12:48pm On Apr 28, 2022
The Judas Iscariot himself!

Yet, he calls himself a "pasta"!

Betrayal is in this man's DNA.

Buhari must be very cautious of him or I see him sending him (Buhari) to prison as soon as he becomes president.

If he can betray Tinubu, Buhari would be a piece of cake.

Jesus wept!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by a4cube: 12:54pm On Apr 28, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:
Wow really but you should also know that the two people you mentioned don't have the capacity to nominate you as a vice president. Anyway next month is here already.
I thought Starboard and Jagaban are working together. Has anything changed?
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by Sheggy13(m): 1:06pm On Apr 28, 2022
Amerengues2:

That's a quintessential definition of life! Who are those people he mentioned without Tinubu?!! It was Tinubu's appointment to make regardless of whether he wasn't the one who suggested him in the first place.

As much as I have loved him (Osinbajo), this really dampens the love I have for him and he is already having a resemblance of the name they call him. With due respect, he ought to have mentioned BAT even though he has a right to contest under the constitution. Mentioning him doesn't take anything away from him.
And what gave you the utmost certainty that it was Tinubu who nominated him. You think he's a kid that won't know those who were instrumental to him becoming VP? There was a version of this story few weeks ago on this platform that said Tinubu actually opposed his nomination and that it was Aregbe and Amosun that made Buhari choose him. The man himself has come out to mention Aregbe. So why are you all still giving the glory to Tinubu?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by Redpill1: 1:11pm On Apr 28, 2022
basseeafricana:

I laugh a lot about this idiot, called Osibanjo. Even, if he has political struggle with Tinubu, that does not mean to be undermining his roles in his life. This is someone struggling to become president. After spending good seven yrs without any tangible achievement with his Fulani man. Osinbanjo will never got APC presidential ticket. Everyone can quote me today, his political downfall has set in.

I'm telling you man. sometimes I believe in the theory of Common Sense, Osibanjo is overlooking this but that is because he is clearly a greedy man filled with pride.
WTF man
Smokes my weed in peace ✌️

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by blazhykowskyi(m): 1:18pm On Apr 28, 2022
Besk:

That’s is a lie of the devil. It is on record that the person who nominated him also called him. Stop trying to use poor arguments to repair the damage a man’s blind ambition has done to his previously well crafted public persona. His stock has gone lower.

It is on which record? There was a recent article which corroborates this.
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by Amerengues2: 1:32pm On Apr 28, 2022
Sheggy13:

And what gave you the utmost certainty that it was Tinubu who nominated him. You think he's a kid that won't know those who were instrumental to him becoming VP? There was a version of this story few weeks ago on this platform that said Tinubu actually opposed his nomination and that it was Aregbe and Amosun that made Buhari choose him. The man himself has come out to mention Aregbe. So why are you all still giving the glory to Tinubu?

Nobody is giving glory to anyone. The same article you read attests to the fact that the only slot for presidency should come from Tinubu as a result of the coalition of Tinubu and Buhari. Tinubu opposed his nomination earlier but eventually acquiesced to Aregbe and Amosun. You seem not to get the drift! Even if he must recount his VP journey, Tinubu's name should be mentioned even in the negativity of rejecting him. He just don't want Tinubu' name to surface in his journey and that's deception.

It doesn't take away anything from him.
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by oyatainer(m): 1:51pm On Apr 28, 2022
juman:
If I be buhari, I would work hard and make a south west person be next president.
Because they have the habit of worshipping their leaders.

You see how they worship and appreciate awolowo till tomorrow.
Hence buhari would be worshipped by them as he supported them to be president.

You are right but not as blind as Igbo in the act. They can worship one person to the point of 3 million people's death. What tribe of gullible!
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by Dengoh(m): 1:59pm On Apr 28, 2022
This is actually the confirmation that he emerged because Buhari rejected Tinubu's desperation to be the running mate based on the Muslim-Muslim ticket, which caused rancour with the party then.

Not that Tinubu actually nominated Osinbajo to be the VP. It was circumstances that made him.

When it's your time it's time.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by snipernigga(m): 2:04pm On Apr 28, 2022
Judas isn't carrot
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by Prince001(m): 2:05pm On Apr 28, 2022
GardenOfGod:
Our incoming president... Guys call him starboy grin

Wowwww this Osibanjo spoil his reputation more cos if he's truly law professor how can he stood there watching Buhari breaking the law up and down. How can he sleep at night when there's no justice for the people killed at toll gate in Lagos exercising their right? Enabler is worst than the doer!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by tno4real(m): 2:10pm On Apr 28, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:
Hmmm. Odale.
May we not have an odale ore like Yemi Osibanjo . odale wey u go hug and dey laugh with but dey plan to undercut u.

if u mention me to say u no see anytin wrong for wetin d odale do, u be odale too wey people suppose keep at arm's length. e go beta not to have a friend dan have an odale ore like u. shiorr

I keep wondering how people like you think

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by Mosesvic11(m): 2:36pm On Apr 28, 2022
Lurdmax10:
Inasmuch as he's constitutionally empowered to contest for the presidency, leaving out Tinubu from his trajectory to power is unfair.
the way the story was told, even if tinubu did not support him at time, he will still be picked, tinubu only supported him because he has no any other choice. Tinubu remain the man to beat in the primary.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by Edandy(m): 2:59pm On Apr 28, 2022
blazhykowskyi:

Compression is your problem. Check the headline again. How I learnt about my nomination. Not who nominated me.

Comprehension
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by laprince(m): 3:27pm On Apr 28, 2022
helinues:
How relevant is that at this moment?

I guess he just wants to let people know or feel Tinubu had little or nothing to do with his vice presidency.
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by techWriter5: 4:09pm On Apr 28, 2022
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by blazhykowskyi(m): 4:13pm On Apr 28, 2022
Edandy:

Comprehension

Mtchew.
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by Aaay: 4:26pm On Apr 28, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by PEREZPERECTUS: 4:29pm On Apr 28, 2022
Cheq40:
IF U LYK DEY INSIDE BUSH,ONCE UR TIME DON REACH TO PICK,NOTIN GO STOP AM. if u know u know.
THE CASE OF KING DAVID IS TRUE HERE
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by Ajimusty2: 4:53pm On Apr 28, 2022
Maxymilliano:
My grouse with this interview is how he left out Tinubu's name completely in the entire narration.

Somebody watered the ground and paved the way for him, Aregbe and Amosun were just the purveyors.

tinubu was 100 percent against it.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by basseeafricana: 5:08pm On Apr 28, 2022
Sannisege:
Very soon Osinbajo will deny Redeem Church and Pastor Adeboye just to win election. You have had your 8 years as VP, other politicians are not stupid to allow you stay for 12 or 16 years in the presidency.
You are very wise my brother. Who will even give him ticket after spending 8 yrs as Vp? When we talk it, some idiots will be running their mouths.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by ambale(m): 5:27pm On Apr 28, 2022
Why are you APC supporters tearing each other apart like this

Me thought everyone is on same page ni, but the level of gbasgbos going on between members of same party is alarming ooo
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by omobaba101(m): 5:47pm On Apr 28, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:
Hmmm. Odale.
May we not have an odale ore like Yemi Osibanjo . odale wey u go hug and dey laugh with but dey plan to undercut u.

if u mention me to say u no see anytin wrong for wetin d odale do, u be odale too wey people suppose keep at arm's length. e go beta not to have a friend dan have an odale ore like u. shiorr

Relax joor. Osinbajo did not betray anybody. It's not Tinubu that nominated him for the position of VP, rather, he fought against it.
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by seunjungle1(m): 5:53pm On Apr 28, 2022
As if you know what is in my mind. The story is for the political gluttons. Who orchestrated the move? Ingrate will ever be an in gate. Osinbajo is a 419, scammer, and dull man

Maxymilliano:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by omobaba101(m): 5:54pm On Apr 28, 2022
DOnlooker:
Reading through his story, I didn't see the single name one would expect to see several times considering the topic and the insinuations about his emergence as vice president.
Osinbajo used style to tell the whole world that it wasn't Tinubu that brought him to Buhari or to VP position.

Your head dey there. This is what we have been telling people and they refused to hear. Why did you think Buhari still supported Amosun despite the disgraceful way Tinmubu and Oshiomole were treated in Abeokuta? Why do you think Buhari asked Senator Lanre Tejuosho to step down for Amosun for the Senate after the later has bought his form and he has to compensate him with the chancellorship? Tinubu only wanted to reap where he did not sow. Did you see how Bala said he would step down if Jonathan should contest? All the agidi that Tinubu did are coming back to fight him. Ambode's case is still on ground. It's another nemesis. When you raise people, you don't think you can control them for life!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by Kilometres: 7:38pm On Apr 28, 2022
TheDemola:
I have tried to look for a thread where the OP stated what happened, leading to Osinbajo nomination as VP, but I can't find it. I have always known that that thread is the truth. Tinubu was initially against Osinbajo nomination as VP and didn't single handedly do the nomination. All those crying fowl about one Judas, betrayal etc are just noise makers deceiving themselves. Ask yourself, why didn't Tinubu make the call to Osinbajo telling him of his nomination as VP?

Tinubu didn't make the call because...he himself wanted to be VP but everyone was against it cos of the Muslim/Muslim thing.

Yet, he was still given the sole right to pick the VP...he could have picked anyone else...but he reluctantly picked Osinbajo

Ok....so who chose Osinbajo for Tinubu as commissioner of Justice for 8years?
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by Kilometres: 7:51pm On Apr 28, 2022
befocused1:

That's exactly what has been kept secret for the advantage of Tinubu because he was against the decision. He wanted that position to himself.

Read this:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1013473622884430&id=211949193036881

Yes, he wanted the position for himself but when the political permutations were against him (Tinubu) cos of Muslim/Muslim thing....someone else had to take that VP....

by power,politics, hierarchy Osinbajo was not on top 50 to get it...

Tinubu reluctantly picked him in as much as he (Tinubu) wanted it for himself.

Dont forget Osinbajo was Tinubu's commissioner for a whole 8years
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by Generalkorex(m): 8:16pm On Apr 28, 2022
Maxymilliano:

The same Tinubu that wanted the position for himself. Tinubu never wanted Osinbajo according to what I heard.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by Newton2024: 10:14pm On Apr 28, 2022
Maxymilliano:

How do you know?
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by TheDemola: 10:20pm On Apr 28, 2022
Kilometres:

Tinubu didn't make the call because...he himself wanted to be VP but everyone was against it cos of the Muslim/Muslim thing.

Yet, he was still given the sole right to pick the VP...he could have picked anyone else...but he reluctantly picked Osinbajo

Ok....so who chose Osinbajo for Tinubu as commissioner of Justice for 8years?

He reluctantly agreed, he picked Oyinlola but but Baba Akande and Ogbeni rejected it. Ogbeni was the one that suggested Osinbajo and he reluctantly agreed as he had no other option as GMB then had also made up his mind about Osinbajo, being a pastor.

To your question, Ojudu nominated Osinbajo to Tinubu as commissioner of Justice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Visits The Collapse Scene, Checked On The Survivors At Hospital - Pics / Governor Zulum & Ex-Governor Shettima And Abba Kyari (Throwback Video) / Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.