Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,414 members, 7,836,661 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate (42067 Views)

Sanwo-Olu: Tinubu Paid For My Nomination And Expression Of Interest Forms / Oby Ezekwesili: 'I Rejected An Offer To Be Buhari's Running Mate In 2011' / President Buhari 'Running' While Performing Umrah In Makkah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by TheDemola: 10:28pm On Apr 28, 2022
Kilometres:

Yes, he wanted the position for himself but when the political permutations were against him (Tinubu) cos of Muslim/Muslim thing....someone else had to take that VP....

by power,politics, hierarchy Osinbajo was not on top 50 to get it...

Tinubu reluctantly picked him in as much as he (Tinubu) wanted it for himself.

Dont forget Osinbajo was Tinubu's commissioner for a whole 8years

Tinubu didn't pick him. GMB then had already made up his mind about him, being a pastor (cos he had always wanted a pastor because of the perception about him as a religious bigot). Aregbe then suggested him among the 3 names shortlisted. Tinubu initially wanted Oyinlola, but Baba Akande and Aregbe were against him, so he had no option.
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by RoyalDiadems: 10:33pm On Apr 28, 2022
Maxymilliano:
My grouse with this interview is how he left out Tinubu's name completely in the entire narration.

Somebody watered the ground and paved the way for him, Aregbe and Amosun were just the purveyors.

Tinubu rejected Osinbajo's candidacy. It was Aregbe and Amosun that forced Osinbajo on him. He declined until the die minute.
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by RoyalDiadems: 10:35pm On Apr 28, 2022
Rastaramsey:
This is bullshit lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
The fool was sounding like he did something good to help Nigeria....

We didn't see it coming undecided undecided

We literally thought you were a pastor ni lipsrsealed

May God forgive us

What was the bad things he did to Nigeria. His only fault is that he is an excellent player in the midst of a weak team.
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by okorogodwin4(m): 10:50pm On Apr 28, 2022
BishopZion:
Comprehension problem. He didn't talk about who nominated him here but how he got to know about his nomination. Learn how to read to comprehend.
basseeafricana:
people like you are ingrate he should show a bit gratitude to Mr Tinubu who nominated him how can someone talk about how he got to know about his nomination without mentioning the name of the person that nominated him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by Nobody: 12:15am On Apr 29, 2022
Akanoaaa:

Tinubu supported his VP nomination because he had no choice.

People like you will always play down the roles of those who help U in life.

Jagaban could have nominated any Christian and it will be done. Many of you did not even know Osinbajo before Tinubu picked him. U are now forming Supporters club. Yeye!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by Nobody: 12:18am On Apr 29, 2022
Ilaje1:

Tinubu wanted himself as VP. Buhari rejected, infact they fought because Tinubu was mad. They had less than 48 hours to choose a running mate. Buhari called Amosun to intimidate him on what just happened. He assured Buhari he would find a solution. Buhari told him categorically he doesn't want BAT because of muslim-muslim. But BAT can choose the the VP. Amosun went to BAT, Aregbe and one other party member was there, BAT suggested Fashola or so and oyinlola while Aregbe suggested PYO. Fash doesn't cut it because he's a Muslim, now left with the other two. BAT choose Bisi while Aregbe insisted on PYO. BAT disagreed (rumor has it that PYO kicked against muslim-muslim ticket during Lagos APC inner caucus meeting, BAT held that against him. When Amosun showed Buhari the list, Buhari chose PYO, being a Christian might have helped. BAT had no choice but to agree. Moreover it was Bola Ige that first appointed PYO. So it was his hardwork that have him recognition not BAT. OBJ wanted to hijack him, but decided to stick with BAT. He fought OBJ govt on behalf Lagos state and won, also won several cases for BAT. BAT might have been part of his journey. With or without BAT, he would have gotten to where he's destined to be.

As if you were there. Osinbajo is on record saying Tinubu nominated him. Stop twisting history..Baba Akande said Jagaban nominated only Osinbajo despite been told to nominate three. Osinbajo cannot deny it anymore cos that video is out there. Your story to downplay Tinubu's role has failed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by Nobody: 12:22am On Apr 29, 2022
uniquetechng:
Tinubu actually didnt nominate Osibanjo as he wanted to be Buhari's running mate himself , Saraki, Rauf and Amosun were actually the ones who recommended Osibanjo to Buhari.

Bullshit. Fear God ooooo! Osinbajo himself is on record saying Tinubu nominated him. Who the hell are you people forming Supporters club now? Did U even know him before Jagaban nominated him? Baba Bisi Akande and Osinbajo both say Tinubu nominated him but you all are trying to twist history. Who was Aregbe to nominate VP when Jagaban was there?

If Jagaban had insisted on being VP, the whole party would have collapsed but he sacrificed his ambition for the Party's interest. Fear God ooo!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by Nobody: 12:26am On Apr 29, 2022
RoyalDiadems:

Tinubu rejected Osinbajo's candidacy. It was Aregbe and Amosun that forced Osinbajo on him. He declined until the die minute.

Amosun and Aregbe had the clout to force a candidate on Tinubu? Even an idiot knows the Coalition would have failed if Tinubu had said 'NO'. There's no way you all can change history cos Osinbajo himself admitted it in public. U people are despicable for trying to change history cos of a Pastor's personal ambition.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by Nobody: 12:29am On Apr 29, 2022
tonididdy:

Tinibu did Nada for osinbanjo

See human being oo! I can bet anything on the fact that you didn't know Osinbajo before Tinubu nominated him. Yeye!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/tinubu-nominated-vice-president-osinbajo/amp/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by Nobody: 12:57am On Apr 29, 2022
Ilaje1:

Tinubu wanted himself as VP. Buhari rejected, infact they fought because Tinubu was mad. They had less than 48 hours to choose a running mate. Buhari called Amosun to intimidate him on what just happened. He assured Buhari he would find a solution. Buhari told him categorically he doesn't want BAT because of muslim-muslim. But BAT can choose the the VP. Amosun went to BAT, Aregbe and one other party member was there, BAT suggested Fashola or so and oyinlola while Aregbe suggested PYO. Fash doesn't cut it because he's a Muslim, now left with the other two. BAT choose Bisi while Aregbe insisted on PYO. BAT disagreed (rumor has it that PYO kicked against muslim-muslim ticket during Lagos APC inner caucus meeting, BAT held that against him. When Amosun showed Buhari the list, Buhari chose PYO, being a Christian might have helped. BAT had no choice but to agree. Moreover it was Bola Ige that first appointed PYO. So it was his hardwork that have him recognition not BAT. OBJ wanted to hijack him, but decided to stick with BAT. He fought OBJ govt on behalf Lagos state and won, also won several cases for BAT. BAT might have been part of his journey. With or without BAT, he would have gotten to where he's destined to be.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/tinubu-nominated-vice-president-osinbajo/amp/

Up there is proof that you are an irritating liar. Shame on your failed attempt to twist the truth.
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by Nobody: 1:02am On Apr 29, 2022
okorogodwin4:
people like you are ingrate he should show a bit gratitude to Mr Tinubu who nominated him how can someone talk about how he got to know about his nomination without mentioning the name of the person that nominated him

God bless you. He's on record describing Tinubu below as the person who nominated him. That was in 2016 before Ojudu and co started pushing him to betray Jagaban.

I'm flooding this thread with it cos I won't allow mischievous people deny a man his due credit. We can see how far people can go cos of politics. They are trying to downplay the role of Jagaban. Shame!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by Nobody: 1:03am On Apr 29, 2022
TheDemola:

Tinubu didn't pick him. GMB then had already made up his mind about him, being a pastor (cos he had always wanted a pastor because of the perception about him as a religious bigot). Aregbe then suggested him among the 3 names shortlisted. Tinubu initially wanted Oyinlola, but Baba Akande and Aregbe were against him, so he had no option.

All liars must be put to shame. Heaven awaits us all.
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by shegun4sur: 1:43am On Apr 29, 2022
Maxymilliano:
My grouse with this interview is how he left out Tinubu's name completely in the entire narration.

Somebody watered the ground and paved the way for him, Aregbe and Amosun were just the purveyors.

Right

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by tonididdy(m): 1:50am On Apr 29, 2022
Siwel25:

See human being oo! I can bet anything on the fact that you didn't know Osinbajo before Tinubu nominated him. Yeye!

Cry me a river.
Osinbanjo owes tinibu Nada tongue
Osinbanjo will become president and he will forgive tinibuz sins

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by 1872bu: 2:14am On Apr 29, 2022
[s]
helinues:
How relevant is that at this moment?
[/s]
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by 1872bo: 2:14am On Apr 29, 2022
[s]
Tinubuadvocate:
Wow really but you should also know that the two people you mentioned don't have the capacity to nominate you as a vice president. Anyway next month is here already.
[/s]
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by 1872bo: 2:14am On Apr 29, 2022
[s]
Tinubuadvocate:
[s][/s]

Don't call him odale because there's no any agreement made btw him and Asiwaju he is only exercise his right.

The only thing I will say he shouldn't be ungrateful even if emerge APC flagbarer he will still need Asiwaju. But on Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu we stand.
[/s]
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by 1872bi: 2:19am On Apr 29, 2022
[s]
Mooh247:
Politicians that can't backstab or betray is that one a Politician

Osinbajo carry go, Na so the game be
[/s]
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by lagosrd: 7:02am On Apr 29, 2022
Maxymilliano:

Tinubu never supported him to be the VP . never he rather preferred oshiomole

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by plaindealer: 7:39am On Apr 29, 2022
I like the VP, I've praised him so many times and even started many threads on NL showing the man a lot of love, but I'm not feeling his moves at all.

You are yet to shed the Judas label and you are already compounding it by outrightly telling people that you are of curse Judas.

This is just too sad.
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by Rastaramsey(m): 7:49am On Apr 29, 2022
RoyalDiadems:

What was the bad things he did to Nigeria. His only fault is that he is an excellent player in the midst of a weak team.

Did you say excellent grin grin grin
What of the money he withdrew 2017-2018

Na thief you dey give accolades angry
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by TheDemola: 9:44am On Apr 29, 2022
Siwel25:

All liars must be put to shame. Heaven awaits us all.

Did you read the content of the link you just posted at all? Did he mention Tinubu or it was just a guess? "Though Osinbajo did not mention the name of the leader" his descriptions of the person, who he said had served as a state governor"

Had Akande, Aregbe, Amosun, who were instrumental in his nomination not served as governors?
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by ajani2311: 9:56am On Apr 29, 2022
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by adekolaelect(m): 10:09am On Apr 29, 2022
akwaabanaija:

You sound very foolish
you reason very useless. Having interest in some one should not bling your sense of reasoning .what has he and Buhari offered Nigerians positively interm of governance in Nigeria or you are just here to show your high level of foolishness by be a political � backers?

Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by SteveDGreat: 10:11am On Apr 29, 2022
Urbanchampion:
Animal, so it was Aregbesola that nominated you and sent himself to call you? Aláimore! Come and be President now na

You are here insulting a man whose life is far better than You just because you want someone who has looted Lagos dey to become the president.

Dont go and do something meaningful with your life .
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 29, 2022
TheDemola:

Did you read the content of the link you just posted at all? Did he mention Tinubu or it was just a guess? "Though Osinbajo did not mention the name of the leader" his descriptions of the person, who he said had served as a state governor"

Had Akande, Aregbe, Amosun, who were instrumental in his nomination not served as governors?

Stop trying to be clever by half. He said " a former governor who I served under". PLS, do not deny the obvious. It irritates me!
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by TheDemola: 10:58am On Apr 29, 2022
Siwel25:

Stop trying to be clever by half. He said " a former governor who I served under". PLS, do not deny the obvious. It irritates me!

Where did you see, "who I served under?"

You'd continue to be irritated as long as you think your opinion supercedes others'.
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by RoyalDiadems: 11:52am On Apr 29, 2022
Rastaramsey:

Did you say excellent grin grin grin
What of the money he withdrew 2017-2018

Na thief you dey give accolades angry

Which money did he withdraw? Defend your allegation with cogent proofs.
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by RoyalDiadems: 12:03pm On Apr 29, 2022
Siwel25:

Amosun and Aregbe had the clout to force a candidate on Tinubu? Even an idiot knows the Coalition would have failed if Tinubu had said 'NO'. There's no way you all can change history cos Osinbajo himself admitted it in public. U people are despicable for trying to change history cos of a Pastor's personal ambition.

The deadline was tommorow for Inec to receive their submissions. Tinubu did not want to support Osinbajo Because he declined to support Tinubu's agenda for a Muslim Muslim governor's ticket in Lagos. Osinbajo waa the only available person that could Vice Buhari, but Tinubu rejected him. Deadline was tomorrow. Aregbesola and Amosun were stil pressing Tinubu This night in Abuja to nominate Osinbajo since there was no alternative.

Tinubu was in a straight. He had to consent because there was he had no option.

That very night Aregbesola Called Osinbajo to Inform him that he's to Vice Buhari, The 3 of them were together In the same room in Abuja. Buhari was there too but he left angrily when Tinubu was adamant in his rejection of Osinbajo.

The full details of the whole saga is right here on Nairaland.
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by Nobody: 12:44pm On Apr 29, 2022
RoyalDiadems:

The deadline was tommorow for Inec to receive their submissions. Tinubu did not want to support Osinbajo Because he declined to support Tinubu's agenda for a Muslim Muslim governor's ticket in Lagos. Osinbajo waa the only available person that could Vice Buhari, but Tinubu rejected him. Deadline was tomorrow. Aregbesola and Amosun were stil pressing Tinubu This night in Abuja to nominate Osinbajo since there was no alternative.

Tinubu was in a straight. He had to consent because there was he had no option.

That very night Aregbesola Called Osinbajo to Inform him that he's to Vice Buhari, The 3 of them were together In the same room in Abuja. Buhari was there too but he left angrily when Tinubu was adamant in his rejection of Osinbajo.

The full details of the whole saga is right here on Nairaland.

From the horse's mouth.
Re: Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate by Nobody: 12:50pm On Apr 29, 2022
TheDemola:

Where did you see, "who I served under?"

You'd continue to be irritated as long as you think your opinion supercedes others'.

"An APC National Leader who had served when he was governor was interested in putting me forward as the running mate of President Muhammadu Buhari in consensus with other national leaders of the party."

Everyone knows Amosun was Buhari's man and was even more qualified as VP but Osinbajo got it cos of Jagaban.

Osinbajo was not in the top 20 favorites for the job until Jagaban named him. Ofcos, other leaders had to agree but no one should deny that Tinubu nominated Osinbajo. He was in Tinubu's camp �. Heavens won't fall if we accept the truth!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Won My Election Clean And Clear – Mark Reacts / Genral Leo Irabor Orders 50 Generals To Resign / Graphic Pictures From Jos Bomb Blast Yesterday- Viewers Discretion Is Adviced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.