Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,522 members, 7,819,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

How Much Is Enough To Live In Oshogbo - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Much Is Enough To Live In Oshogbo (19590 Views)

Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? / Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 / 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Is Enough To Live In Oshogbo by Owootori: 6:13pm On Apr 28, 2022
Hi all,

Please I need pointers on how expensive it is to live comfortably in Oshogbo for a family of 3 (Man, woman and a 10 yrs old child).

Planning relocating from Kaduna to Oshogo but I want to know how expensive the city is so I can make adequate preparations.

Thank for the anticipated responses.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Is Enough To Live In Oshogbo by Yimmicks: 10:00pm On Apr 28, 2022
While things might be a bit more expensive now, living costs will still most likely be way lower than many other towns and cities.
I grew up there and I must say that its a lovely town, I heard transport is no longer as cheap relative to past years. Houses are not expensive too.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Much Is Enough To Live In Oshogbo by Owootori: 11:45pm On Apr 28, 2022
Yimmicks:
While things might be a bit more expensive now, living costs will still most likely be way lower than many other towns and cities.
I grew up there and I must say that its a lovely town, I heard transport is no longer as cheap relative to past years. Houses are not expensive too.
Thank you for your input. If you are to put a figure, how much do you think will suffice?. I'm not including cost of rent in the estimation, just feeding and normal running expenses.
Once again thank you for your response.

I wish I can get more responses form others.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is Enough To Live In Oshogbo by ojotobiloba1: 7:31am On Apr 29, 2022
Osogbo isn't that expensive to live actually... Just have a source of income and you re good to go, if you have a means of transportation (like a car of your own/ bike). It will reduce the cost of tp from moving here and Dre. The house rent is affordable at least..

I stays in osogbo

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is Enough To Live In Oshogbo by Owootori: 2:54pm On Apr 29, 2022
ojotobiloba1:
Osogbo isn't that expensive to live actually... Just have a source of income and you re good to go, if you have a means of transportation (like a car of your own/ bike). It will reduce the cost of tp from moving here and Dre. The house rent is affordable at least..

I stays in osogbo

Thank you so much. Do you think 100k monthly will be enough for feeding and other basic stuffs?. I have my own car and housing is not too be included because it is taken care of already.
Re: How Much Is Enough To Live In Oshogbo by ojotobiloba1: 3:43pm On Apr 29, 2022
Owootori:

Thank you so much. Do you think 100k monthly will be enough for feeding and other basic stuffs?. I have my own car and housing is not too be included because it is taken care of already.
Absolutely..... It will.. Follow @InsideOsogbo on Twitter to feel at home in anticipation.. Peace

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is Enough To Live In Oshogbo by Owootori: 10:02pm On Apr 29, 2022
ojotobiloba1:

Absolutely..... It will.. Follow @InsideOsogbo on Twitter to feel at home in anticipation.. Peace
I'm grateful for your responses. I'll follow the said Twitter account for update.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is Enough To Live In Oshogbo by iseoluwanimi: 1:15pm On May 05, 2022
i have a younger brother living there though he's only complaint is that police do disturb there area but since he is clean he enjoys staying over there... good electricity and road around his hood and stuffs are not that expensive (students comment)

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is Enough To Live In Oshogbo by Yimmicks: 10:29pm On May 05, 2022
Owootori:

Thank you for your input. If you are to put a figure, how much do you think will suffice?. I'm not including cost of rent in the estimation, just feeding and normal running expenses.
Once again thank you for your response.

I wish I can get more responses form others.
hello, its been years I left Osogbo although I've got family there. Hence, I may not able to give first-hand information.

Kind regards

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Enough To Live In Oshogbo by OBALOLA55(m): 12:18pm On May 06, 2022
grin

MAKE I NOR BAD MOUTH MY MALEE STATE grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Enough To Live In Oshogbo by teamsynergy: 12:19pm On May 06, 2022
If you are moving from the main city of Kaduna, you won't have to spend more to live in Oshogbo .. food is cheap too in Oshogbo. Wish you the best

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is Enough To Live In Oshogbo by planetE(m): 12:19pm On May 06, 2022
Osogbo nah cool city

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Is Enough To Live In Oshogbo by Warlord12(m): 12:19pm On May 06, 2022
Owootori:
Hi all,

Please I need pointers on how expensive it is to live comfortably in Oshogbo for a family of 3 (Man, woman and a 10 yrs old child).

Planning relocating from Kaduna to Oshogo but I want to know how expensive the city is so I can make adequate preparations.

Quite cheap

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Is Enough To Live In Oshogbo by HopeNeverDies: 12:19pm On May 06, 2022
Damnnnn!! #100
Re: How Much Is Enough To Live In Oshogbo by Coolhaywhy(m): 12:19pm On May 06, 2022
Cost of living in Oshogbo is very cheap. One of the cheapest state capital to live in.

Although, I left Oshogbo in 2015 after my NYSC but I must say, I was living fine and well with my N19,800.
Rented a decent room with it and cost of feeding too was very cheap. I heard transport is a bit expensive now cuz then, with just N50, you would tour the entire Oshogbo (one-way) unlike what we have here in Lagos.

Coming from Kaduna won't make much difference with your forecast. Whatever your income is in Kaduna would be enough to take care of you and your family in Oshogbo. Use that as a guide.

Let me also add that Oshogbo has steady power supply! Dem too dey get light, abegi!

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Is Enough To Live In Oshogbo by Mooh247: 12:21pm On May 06, 2022
cool

Best IT , Freelance and Yahoo Yahoo city

They have constant power supply

Cheap bar , Lounge , hotels and clubs

Fast internet

Standard of living is OK

Cost of living is very cheap

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Is Enough To Live In Oshogbo by BabaIbo: 12:23pm On May 06, 2022
It is getting kinda costly now, tho cheaper when compared with most other cities.

Now, the agents are increasing the rent because they are aware people are moving there in numbers and they feel if they are moving from Lagos and so on, they should be able to cope with the cost.

Before, a shop in osogbo was 100k/year at most but now, every new complex is charging 400k upward with outrageous agent and agreement fee and the funny thing is the buying strength of most Osogbo residents is low.
Before with 100k you will get a 2 bedroom flat but now it is double or more of that.

Except you want to live in those ancient areas aka "agbole."

Osogbo is a civil service city.
It is peaceful lest for the skullarship and miners there. Relatively close to Lagos and Ibadan.
It has good power supply too.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is Enough To Live In Oshogbo by colorsofrainbow: 12:23pm On May 06, 2022
Osogbo

3 Likes

Re: How Much Is Enough To Live In Oshogbo by joelag: 12:23pm On May 06, 2022
You are good to go with any reasonable amount. Osogbo is relatively a normal "cheap" town.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is Enough To Live In Oshogbo by Topmaike007(m): 12:23pm On May 06, 2022
Owootori:
Hi all,

it is cheap
Re: How Much Is Enough To Live In Oshogbo by Sammy07: 12:24pm On May 06, 2022
Owootori:
Hi all,

It's quite cheap and affordable, they have some of the best road networks. And light also good (depends on area sha)
No rent house for Owode Ede side ooo, their light poor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is Enough To Live In Oshogbo by Coolhaywhy(m): 12:24pm On May 06, 2022
Togafi:
400k and above

Haba!

Many who don't have up to half of that are surviving in some parts of Lagos, how much more Oshogbo!

Dey calm down naw

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Born In UK But Living In Nigeria / Spanish Government Deports 23 Nigerians / Dana Air Explains Why Their Plane Overshot Runway In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.