Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? (11635 Views)

Which Nice Country Can I Relocate To Legally With ₦8m? / Avoid Saminaka Road If You Are Travelling From Kano To Jos (Security Alert) / Which Country Can I Relocate To With 6million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by rainlover(m): 2:30am On Oct 27, 2020
Hello Fam!!
I'm planing of relocating from Port-Harcourt to Either JOS or OSHOGBO.

The cost of living here in PHC na die o! house rent ni??
even transportation..
Everything is on a high cost.
Security na OYO!

I'm not yet sure of the exact place to relocate to..

(EXCLUDING JOBS OPPORTUNITIES OR BUSINESSES,

What are the costs of living in JOS /OSHOGBO, including
House rent (self contain),
Transportation etc

Is there constant power supply, good and stable internet connection?? (very very important)
How about security,
Social life?
Banies...

Pls if currently live in JOS or OSHOGBO I highly welcome your contributions. Thanks
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by judetov2(m): 2:49am On Oct 27, 2020
everything in jos is very cheap... I mean everything... choose jos and thank me later.
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by parkervero(m): 2:52am On Oct 27, 2020
Osun will be a great deal if you are a freelancer. Osun enjoys power supply, water supply especially in osogbo and Ede. Rent is cheap in Osun generally except in few areas where rent is high with great interest. Security wise, only God can protect but Osun is a state with less crisis or no crisis at all. Internet service is great, I think there is 4g everywhere in Osun especially in major cities like osogbo, ile-ife, Ilesha, Ede, etc

Jos would be OK if there are no crisis in that area. Anyone that lives in Jos should be able to give you details.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by rainlover(m): 3:03am On Oct 27, 2020
parkervero:
Osun will be a great deal if you are a freelancer. Osun enjoys power supply, water supply especially in osogbo and Ede. Rent is cheap in Osun generally except in few areas where rent is high with great interest. Security wise, only God can protect but Osun is a state with less crisis or no crisis at all. Internet service is great, I think there is 4g everywhere in Osun especially in major cities like osogbo, ile-ife, Ilesha, Ede, etc

Jos would be OK if there are no crisis in that area. Anyone that lives in Jos should be able to give you details.

Thanks! I sincerely appreciate your contributions. Are u currently in Oshogbo?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by rainlover(m): 3:06am On Oct 27, 2020
judetov2:
everything in jos is very cheap... I mean everything... choose jos and thank me later.

Thanks a lot sir for your contribution.

Pls Is there constant power supply?
How about water and security?

Thanks in advance
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by parkervero(m): 3:39am On Oct 27, 2020
rainlover:

Thanks! I sincerely appreciate your contributions. Are u currently in Oshogbo?
Nope!
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by Dygeasy(m): 8:30am On Oct 27, 2020
For power supply and cheap cost of living, Oshogbo is your best bet. They have 24 hours of electricity.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by CaptainStephen(m): 8:32am On Oct 27, 2020
Jos is better my guy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by Modecaih: 8:47am On Oct 27, 2020
CaptainStephen:
Jos is better my guy
which area in jos do you recommend
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by rainlover(m): 9:03am On Oct 27, 2020
CaptainStephen:
Jos is better my guy

Thanks for your contribution Sir.
Pls may I know the areas in Jos ?
Is there constant power supply?
Wats the cost of living?
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 27, 2020
Big man come to Jos
You can get a house in Gold&Base close to ray field GRA at a reasonable price where security is almost 100% guaranteed because an airforce base is situated there
Mikel obi’s house is located there too
Almost everyone in jos lives an average life so things are super cheap from foodstuffs to services rendered
The night and social life is OK too cos the governor is a badass club addict
I can keep listing the advantages here TDB
You can contact me if you make up your mind on jos to help you settle in

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by Ayomide002: 12:55pm On Oct 27, 2020
Oga, if you want peace of mind, stay away from North. Living with a northerner is like living with a viper. 99% of them are excessively aggressive

12 Likes

Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by alakara(m): 2:08pm On Oct 27, 2020
Osogbo is preferable because standard of living is cheap.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by babaneenoni(m): 4:05pm On Oct 27, 2020
I stay in jos buh I won't lie to u life in jos is cheap buh there is no peace of mind any small thing they will turn it to religious crisis now self we have been in curfew for 72hrs cos of palliative I will suggests u go for Oshogbo

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by UndauntedYOCA(f): 5:11pm On Oct 27, 2020
Jos, then start supplying people in Jos and other places fruits and foodstuff, you won't regret it.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by rainlover(m): 7:49am On Oct 28, 2020
you4me:
Big man come to Jos
You can get a house in Gold&Base close to ray field GRA at a reasonable price where security is almost 100% guaranteed because an airforce base is situated there
Mikel obi’s house is located there too
Almost everyone in jos lives an average life so things are super cheap from foodstuffs to services rendered
The night and social life is OK too cos the governor is a badass club addict
I can keep listing the advantages here TDB
You can contact me if you make up your mind on jos to help you settle in

Thanks boss I appreciate.
I have few questions
(1)How much does it cost to rent a self-contain in those areas u made mentioin??
2) How about electricity, is it constant or...

I will highly appreciate your of feedback.
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by rainlover(m): 7:51am On Oct 28, 2020
UndauntedYOCA:
Jos, then start supplying people in Jos and other places fruits and foodstuff, you won't regret it.

I don't fully understand what u mean

Do u mean that fruits and foodstuffs are that cheap in jos??

1 Like

Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by rainlover(m): 7:56am On Oct 28, 2020
babaneenoni:
I stay in jos buh I won't lie to u life in jos is cheap buh there is no peace of mind any small thing they will turn it to religious crisis now self we have been in curfew for 72hrs cos of palliative I will suggests u go for Oshogbo

Thanks boss.
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by rainlover(m): 7:57am On Oct 28, 2020
alakara:
Osogbo is preferable because standard of living is cheap.

Thanks.
But is the standard of living cheaper than jos?
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by rainlover(m): 7:58am On Oct 28, 2020
Ayomide002:
Oga, if you want peace of mind, stay away from North. Living with a northerner is like living with a viper. 99% of them are excessively aggressive
Hmm!
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by UndauntedYOCA(f): 8:28am On Oct 28, 2020
rainlover:

I don't fully understand what u mean

Do u mean that fruits and foodstuffs are that cheap in jos??
My exact point, yes. They used to be ridiculously cheap but with the way Nigeria has been going, they've become a bit expensive but still cheap compared to other places. In short, it's cheap.to live in Jos.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by Felixnyle: 8:02pm On Oct 28, 2020
babaneenoni:

Please don't pick Jos at all.Yes food stuff is cheap but as Op stated no peace of mind. It's best you go to Oshogbo and buy expensive foodstuff with your peace of mind secured and you have relative peace than move to Jos.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by babaneenoni(m): 8:20pm On Oct 28, 2020
u go talk true buh life eazy for jos buh note no b every area u go fit enter oooo not like other state border dey between Christians and Muslims d choice is yours my brother

1 Like

Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by rainlover(m): 3:47pm On Oct 29, 2020
babaneenoni:
u go talk true buh life eazy for jos buh note no b every area u go fit enter oooo not like other state border dey between Christians and Muslims d choice is yours my brother

Hmm!
Is there constant power supply in jos?
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by rainlover(m): 3:49pm On Oct 29, 2020
babaneenoni:
Pls is there constant power supply in Jos?
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 29, 2020
rainlover:

Thanks boss I appreciate.
I have few questions
(1)How much does it cost to rent a self-contain in those areas u made mentioin??
2) How about electricity, is it constant or...

I will highly appreciate your of feedback.
Sorry for the late reply sir!
1-I’m not certain about the rent cost around there
But generally rent is cheap all over jos and environs so with a budget of 350k you’ll see a furnished 2bdrm self contain
2-From my frequent visits to the area I’ll say they enjoy stable electricity supply of at least 14hrs a day
And again put into consideration it’s proximity to the airforce base Nasco factory and The government house

1 Like

Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by Oladoyinipede: 4:26pm On Oct 29, 2020
you4me:

Sorry for the late reply sir!
1-I’m not certain about the rent cost around there
But generally rent is cheap all over jos and environs so with a budget of 350k you’ll see a furnished 2bdrm self contain
2-From my frequent visits to the area I’ll say they enjoy stable electricity supply of at least 14hrs a day
And again put into consideration it’s proximity to the airforce base Nasco factory and The government house
if what you say is correct then Osogbo is cheaper by far..a 2 bedroom self contain's average cost here is about #150k and electricity here, especially in some areas like okefia,oshogram,etc,is supplied for as much as 18-20hrs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by Oladoyinipede: 4:34pm On Oct 29, 2020
rainlover:
Hello Fam!!
I'm planing of relocating from Port-Harcourt to Either JOS or OSHOGBO.

The cost of living here in PHC na die o! house rent ni??
even transportation..
Everything is on a high cost.
Security na OYO!

I'm not yet sure of the exact place to relocate to..

(EXCLUDING JOBS OPPORTUNITIES OR BUSINESSES,

What are the costs of living in JOS /OSHOGBO, including
House rent (self contain),
Transportation etc

Is there constant power supply, good and stable internet connection?? (very very important)
How about security,
Social life?
Banies...

Pls if currently live in JOS or OSHOGBO I highly welcome your contributions. Thanks

please value your life and don't go to a crisis ridden area like Jos.if some areas in Jos are safe, won't you need to work,to visit places,to feel free and have peace of mind.

Osogbo is a very peaceful place to live..the cost of living here i.e feeding,housing and transportation here is relatively cheap... transportation fare within Osogbo no dey pass #50 at worse #80.

crime rate here is at the lowest, there is nothing like religious crisis and the night life too is not bad if you know your way�.Most importantly there is peace,alot of it actually....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by puremaker7(m): 6:09pm On Oct 29, 2020
Osogbo, best City I have ever stayed in Nigeria, I stayed around Ofatedo, 20hrs Electricity a day, constant water supply, no panicking about security.

8 Likes

Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by babaneenoni(m): 6:52pm On Oct 29, 2020
that the depend on ur location the best area to get constant light is federal low cost and ray field
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by rainlover(m): 8:16pm On Oct 29, 2020
babaneenoni:

Mad o! So Christians can't move out if their streets?? Lol! And they're here in portharcourt moving freely and cashing out on us.

Anyway thanks for the info.
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by rainlover(m): 8:20pm On Oct 29, 2020
puremaker7:
Osogbo, best City I have ever stayed in Nigeria, I stayed around Ofatedo, 20hrs Electricity a day, constant water supply, no panicking about security.

Electricity supply is 20hrs per day? In Nigeria? Lol! That sounds too good to be true.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

. / Container Truck On Fire Along Apapa Expressway And Agege Motor Road (pics) / I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.