Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,906 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Pros And Cons Of Being Single (my Experience) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pros And Cons Of Being Single (my Experience) (423 Views)

What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man / After Being Single For Soo Long, Im Now Scared Of Getting Married. Please Help!! / What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pros And Cons Of Being Single (my Experience) by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 28, 2022
It's been three years since I last had a conversation (love etc) with a gurl. Although it hasn't been easy, I still think there positives and negatives to this lifestyle I've carved for my self.

Here

Pros:
1. I've been able to buy things for myself (shoe rist watch.. generally good stuff for myself)

2 I've also been able to contribute in the House ( I still live with my parents) I pay Gotv.. sometime nepa bill... Contribute to my siblings school stuffs etc.

3. I worry less! Normally when you are close to someone, you tend to worry about how they feel, share their problem and also feel sad and happy for them. As I'm single I only get to worry about my self, my siblings well being, my parents and my 3good friends.

4. I'm able to afford Data (good Amount) for my online hustle and Airtime too ( I don't really call often though grin)

5. Generally I've been able to track my expenses and reason correctly and also do things for my self and my family.

Cons:

1. I tend to feel Hot sometimes: As a 23 yr old under grad it's hard for me sometimes to cope with this. I don't necessarily feel lonely though, because I'm comfortable alone. But that swing of occasional stiff and boner comes by especially in the morning. grin

2. As I don't really have a gurl friend I don't contribute to discussion that concerns women. And my friends find it weird, when they keep talking about how they've tested different types of gurls bla bla bla.

So basically these are what I gain and miss as a single person. Now, I'd be lier if I said I haven't masturbated or have intercourse with gurl. Yes I've done all those crazy shit in my past life (last three years).

Well I've been able to afford such luxury of not bordering about gurls by completely changing my live style and how I perceive women and gurls In general. Here are some of my tips

1. I don't listen to music/video that lacks content, especially our Nigerian songs that mostly glorify women et all.

2. I trim the movies I watch. I dont all those American movies with excessive sexual content.

3. I watch more of cartoon and documentary about science, life, and culture.

4. When I'm not in school studying, I'm mostly indoors engaging my self with activities that will improve and sky my value.

To wrap everything up, this lifestyle isn't to please anybody and portray my self as a moral police. I enjoy this lifestyle becomes I feel I have someone to offer and I don't spend more than I have, o don't lie to please people and go into unnecessary dept.

Finally it's not easy, cause people will always think u are gay grin grin
Re: Pros And Cons Of Being Single (my Experience) by Kriss216: 6:36pm On Apr 28, 2022
The advantages of being single outweighs the disadvantages.

It's more noble to be single than to be in a relationship with a Nigerian girl.

To be in a relationship with a Nigerian girl is 3rd most foolish things on earth.

2 Likes

Re: Pros And Cons Of Being Single (my Experience) by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 28, 2022
Kriss216:
The advantages of being single outweighs the disadvantages.

It's more noble to be single than to be in a relationship with a Nigerian girl.

To be in a relationship with a Nigerian girl is 3rd most foolish things on earth.
I don't think any Nigerian girl will want to be in a relationship with an imbe. grin

2 Likes

Re: Pros And Cons Of Being Single (my Experience) by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:55pm On Apr 28, 2022
dont let people DECEIVE YOU, there is nothing great about being single, so long as you are in a r/ship with the RIGHT person!

Fumiosasaki1:
Pros:
1. I've been able to buy things for myself (shoe rist watch.. generally good stuff for myself)...a person in a r/ship can as well
2 I've also been able to contribute in the House ( I still live with my parents) I pay Gotv.. sometime nepa bill... Contribute to my siblings school stuffs etc. a person in a r/ship can as well

3. I worry less! Normally when you are close to someone, you tend to worry about how they feel, share their problem and also feel sad and happy for them. As I'm single I only get to worry about my self, my siblings well being, my parents and my 3good friends. if you had a gf, she would help you worry less by sharing your issues with her

4. I'm able to afford Data (good Amount) for my online hustle and Airtime too ( I don't really call often though grin) a person in a r/ship can as well

5. Generally I've been able to track my expenses and reason correctly and also do things for my self and my family.a person in a r/ship can as well

Cons:
1. I tend to feel Hot sometimes: As a 23 yr old under grad it's hard for me sometimes to cope with this. I don't necessarily feel lonely though, because I'm comfortable alone. But that swing of occasional stiff and boner comes by especially in the morning. grin[b]ashawo joints don close for your area[/b]

2. As I don't really have a gurl friend I don't contribute to discussion that concerns women. And my friends find it weird, when they keep talking about how they've tested different types of gurls bla bla bla. this has nothing to do with being single, and all to do with NOT having experience with women
Re: Pros And Cons Of Being Single (my Experience) by Nobody: 7:01pm On Apr 28, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
dont let people DECEIVE YOU, there is nothing great about being single, so long as you are in a r/ship with the RIGHT person!

No one is deceiving me... That why I said my Experience

2 Likes

Re: Pros And Cons Of Being Single (my Experience) by Wawelexy(m): 7:10pm On Apr 28, 2022
Congrats OP, with this, ur life span would be increase by at least 5-6years.

2 Likes

Re: Pros And Cons Of Being Single (my Experience) by Nobody: 8:47pm On Apr 28, 2022
I've been single 2 years now but I've had sex more than some people in relationships

#kingofhookup
Re: Pros And Cons Of Being Single (my Experience) by DontBullshitMe: 8:55pm On Apr 28, 2022
Whatever you enjoy being in a relationship can still be enjoyed outside of it.

1 Like

Re: Pros And Cons Of Being Single (my Experience) by emmanuelbrown26: 9:54pm On Apr 28, 2022
Ofcourse op we all know that d advantages outweighs d disadvantages.
From your write up, it seems sex is major thing u are missing which u can easily get around without having any daughter of eve as a girl friend.

(1) (Reply)

Help A Stranded Family With A Job / Dad Kicks Son Out Of His House (vid) / 6.5kva Fireman Generator For Quick Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.