Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,927 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man (17738 Views)

"My Wife Is 21" - 60-Year-Old Kano Man Accused Of Marrying 11-Year-Old (Pix) / What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? / The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by Lamanii22(f): 8:02pm On Feb 07, 2023
So guys, my sister met a man like a year ago that is divorced, right now he wants them to take it to another level, like wedding level…. My sister is a single mother though, educated, working class, successful…. But my mom doesn’t agree to it, she’s only seeing the bad side…

So I would like to know if there’s anyone who has gotten married to a divorced man before.. I would also like to know the pros and cons…

This said man has been truthful so far though…

Waiting for comments! Thank you…

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by slimjohn2k5: 8:06pm On Feb 07, 2023
A lot of cons
because u only heard her side of the story on y she got divorced.

Also, a second marriage is mostly more turbulent than the first

3rd u deal with step children and their father's visit

You cannot complain because many people warned you before u went in, so u die in silence.

Better chose your battle wisely

36 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by HumbleTrader: 8:08pm On Feb 07, 2023
Are you that old you can't get a young man to marry.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by Sisib15: 8:35pm On Feb 07, 2023
Divorced men are no go area. They have lots of baggages. They will emotionally manipulate. There is nothing you can do that will satisfy them, they will always compare you with their previous wife
Lamanii22:
So guys, my sister met a man like a year ago that is divorced, right now he wants them to take it to another level, like wedding level…. My sister is a single mother though, educated, working class, successful…. But my mom doesn’t agree to it, she’s only seeing the bad side…

So I would like to know if there’s anyone who has gotten married to a divorced man before.. I would also like to know the pros and cons…

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by Red02(m): 8:36pm On Feb 07, 2023
Single mother and divorced man.....

Its a tough derby undecided

Let me wait for late comers

126 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by Tit4Tat1(m): 8:39pm On Feb 07, 2023
She should go ahead and see shege banza

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by oldienavie: 8:41pm On Feb 07, 2023
Sisib15:
Divorced men are no go area. They have lots of baggages. They will emotionally manipulate. There is nothing you can do that will satisfy them, they will always compare you with their previous wife
A single mother that has been looking for who to marry for 10 years, she con see divorced man you say make she nor marry am. Oya now, provide man for her to marry.
Some of you on this forum just write like kids.

247 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by Leoniine(f): 10:00pm On Feb 07, 2023
📌
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by Richy4(m): 10:51pm On Feb 07, 2023
OP Does the man have kids?

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by Epinigirls: 1:23am On Feb 08, 2023
HumbleTrader:
yes 😔
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by frozen70(f): 2:36am On Feb 08, 2023
Lamanii22:

Being single parent and being a divorced man is not a curse

Whom soever the children are staying with, the man knows that he has children some where and must divide his attentions with them, including your sister

The only disadvantage there is that, in the near future, those children the other wife had for him, if any, will bring their mother back home and by that time, their father won't have an option because they may be so comfortable to build a house their mum will be staying

So they will now have a voice of their own and speak for their mum

Once they succeed of which they will succeed

Your sister will be the second wife by default

I think i will prefer your sister to get a widower if she can't get a bachelor for peace of mind

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by KanwuliaExtra: 5:08am On Feb 08, 2023
Like seriously. . . .

I think the man should ditch your sister. Your family is too 'local' and meddlesome for him.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by Stevenbright(m): 5:34am On Feb 08, 2023
Lamanii22:

What caused the divorce?
Is he the one at fault or his wife?

Is he actually a good and responsible man?

What are the net effects of the divorce experience on him, is he totally healed now?

His he the type that compares people that is has ever compared her to his former wife?

Your sister need to get answers to these questions and if the answers are favourable to her, she can go on with the relationship otherwise, she needs to watch out.

9 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by Lamanii22(f): 7:50am On Feb 08, 2023
Stevenbright:

What caused the divorce, his fault or that of the wife?

Is he actually a good and responsible man?

What are the net effects of the divorce experience on him, is he totally healed now?

His he the type that compares people that is has ever compared her to his former wife?

Your sister need to get answers to these questions and if the answers are favourable to her, she can go on with the relationship otherwise, she needs to watch our.

Hmmmm….. okay, would ask her all of these… thank you

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by Fiscus105(m): 7:52am On Feb 08, 2023
Lamanii22:

So ur mother didnt want ur sister, who is also a single mother to marry a man that is a single father?

"Indeed, world no balance Tru Tru".

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by Lamanii22(f): 7:54am On Feb 08, 2023
frozen70:

Being single parent and being a divorced man is not a curse

Whom soever the children are staying with, the man knows that he has children some where and must divide his attentions with them, including your sister

The only disadvantage there is that, in the near future, those children the other wife had for him, if any, will bring their mother back home and by that time, their father won't have an option because they may be so comfortable to build a house their mum will be staying

So they will now have a voice of their own and speak for their mum

Once they succeed of which they will succeed

Your sister will be the second wife by default

I think i will prefer your sister to get a widower if she can't get a bachelor for peace of mind

Hmmm deeep… I never even thought of all of these before…
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by Lamanii22(f): 7:56am On Feb 08, 2023
Fiscus105:

So ur mother dnt want ur sister who born already to marry man that born too?

"Indeed, world no balance tru Tru"

No, it’s not that… she just doesn’t want a situation like polygamy where the ex-wife would now be disturbing them… that kind of a thing….

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by Lamanii22(f): 8:00am On Feb 08, 2023
HumbleTrader:
she’s in her early 30s though…

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by Lamanii22(f): 8:01am On Feb 08, 2023
Richy4:
OP Does the man have kids?
yea he does… but they live overseas….
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by frozen70(f): 8:05am On Feb 08, 2023
Lamanii22:

Hmmm deeep… I never even thought of all of these before…

Ok naw, that's the essence of asking questions on issues bordering one

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by Fiscus105(m): 8:20am On Feb 08, 2023
Lamanii22:

No, it’s not that… she just doesn’t want a situation like polygamy where the ex-wife would now be disturbing them… that kind of a thing….

And situation where ex husband of ur sister will reconcile and ask her to come back?

Its common at old age, most especially if the children of the man are rich, they would compel their mother to leave the second husband and back to their father, (the first husband)

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by Lamanii22(f): 8:30am On Feb 08, 2023
Fiscus105:

And situation where ex husband of ur sister will reconcile and ask her to come back?
no, her ex is married sef, with kids, so I don’t think this is visible

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by StPete: 8:32am On Feb 08, 2023
The reverse should be the case. The man should be worried about getting married to a woman whom another man impregnated and made a baby mama yet didn’t find her worthy enough to wed her.

At least the man got married in his own case

Baby mamas have plenty baggages and it’s so easy to find a single lady to marry.

65 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by Lamanii22(f): 8:33am On Feb 08, 2023
frozen70:

Ok naw, that's the essence of asking questions on issues bordering one
yeah I see now… cause she has been unhappy, it’s like our mom is against her… which is why I needed to ask the question…
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by pocohantas(f): 9:17am On Feb 08, 2023
Your mum should remove the speck in her own eyes first. I am sure if the man had written your sister off for being a single mother, we won’t be having this conversation.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by Kaycee54321(m): 9:22am On Feb 08, 2023
Lamanii22:

Lol.

I'm deaf; but there's this cripple who wants to be my friend; thing is, I don't like handicapped people...

22 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by Richy4(m): 9:40am On Feb 08, 2023
Lamanii22:
yea he does… but they live overseas….

In that case your sister have to prepare her mindset...

<<The man have kids.... So she should be willing to accommodate them at any given time. just the way he will accommodate hers...
That's where a lot of ladies have issues... they always knew that and when the reality comes, they act like it came as a surprise.. Remember it is challenging to tolerate and accommodate someone else's kids... Especially the ill-behaved ones... they will return someday...

<< The ex-have something in common with the Man (ie kids) so she should not look or sound jealous when they come together for the welfare of their kids..

<< I don't think there are surprising pro and cons in a relationship anymore because it is full of baggage....All one needs is someone with the lighter baggage...Single men and women have their own, divorced have their own. single parents have their own... The ability to tolerate the baggage that comes with a relationship is what counts.

8 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by Nobody: 11:06am On Feb 08, 2023
The fact that your sister is a single mother doesn't make her invalid, she deserves all the love, loyalty and most importantly PEACE like every other person.
The fact that your mother has a daughter who is a single mother doesn't make her half a being she deserves the right to protect and look out for her daughter's well being.
Your mum is very right to oppose a union she presume dangerous or unfruitful albeit with valid evidence of course. Once bitten, twice shy ! I respect your mother for being objective and not desperate, some mothers would have been the ones pushing their daughters into marriage irrespective of who the man is.

There are lots of Pros and Cons in marrying or dating a single father or divorcee. Most times the cons tend to be more visible because pros has to do with personality of the person involved and how couples have been able to manage their cons.

My question: Does your sister know this man? The true reason he is divorced? Is she ready face whatever may come with him? Is she ready to accept that in some situations she may not be his priority? Is she marrying for love and commitment and not for wedding ring and title? Is the man really committed to her and not what she has to offer as a woman? Is she ready to be a single mother of more kids if anything goes wrong? Can she love another person's kids.
Let her answer these questions genuinely If she is positive then she can go on to convince your Mom.

Good luck.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by pocohantas(f): 11:08am On Feb 08, 2023
Kaycee54321:

Lol.

I'm deaf; but there's this cripple who wants to be my friend; thing is, I don't like handicapped people...

You done see life na. If na man do this one now, social media go dey shake. “This is why women die in toxic marriages. Osinachi, Yenyenyen

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by Isabi4lov: 11:37am On Feb 08, 2023
What about a single father?
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by Saintmary(f): 2:26pm On Feb 08, 2023
Lamanii22:

Isn't there any other man proposing to your sis?

Divorced men are a minefield in my opinion.

Marriage is a big deal o, every problem in the relationship will be amplified in marriage.

If it were my sister, I would ask her to wait a bit.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by frozen70(f): 3:10pm On Feb 08, 2023
Lamanii22:
yeah I see now… cause she has been unhappy, it’s like our mom is against her… which is why I needed to ask the question…

Your mum is an experienced mother so she knows and understands better

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"I Waited For 20 Years And I'm A Proud Mum Now. Had 6 Unsuccessful IVFS" - Woman / Why Is My Mother In Law Asking For My Genotype? / Guys, What Would You Do If Your Wife Aborted Without Your Knowledge?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.