Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,126 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos (603 Views)

Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-Olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos / 2023: Amaechi Visits Emir Of Daura With Ali Ndume / Reactions As Amaechi And Abike Dabiri Clash At APC Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by OLUDERU: 10:44pm On Apr 28, 2022
Flash�:2023: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-Olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos

Babajide Sanwo-Olu, governor of Lagos, has informed Rotimi Ameachi, a presidential hopeful, that the ambition of Bola Tinubu is the “rallying point” of the state.

The governor spoke on Thursday in Marina, Lagos, where he received the minister of transportation.

Amaechi and Tinubu, a former governor of Lagos, are presidential hopefuls on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Sanwo-Olu, who wished the minister well in his presidential ambition, noted that he’s eminently qualified for the top job.

The Lagos governor, however, said he is a “direct beneficiary” of Tinubu’s leadership, and as such, the state will support him to become Nigeria’s next president.

“I have sheer regard and respect for our leader, Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu. I have been a direct beneficiary of his leadership. I have been part of his cabinet,” he said.

“Personally I continue to tow that line of leadership and what he stands for.

“I want to say to you that you’re eminently qualified and I want to wish you well in this journey. Clearly, for all of us in Lagos state, Asiwaju continues to be our rallying point, but the country is our country and we must continue to see it as the one that is indivisible and the one that we all rally round.

“I certainly know too well what your pedigree is and what you have done.”

Responding, Ameachi said it took a lot of courage to visit Lagos because he recognises Tinubu’s influence in the state.

“It is a difficult thing to even come here because we already know that our leader comes from Lagos state. And you come from that family of our leader,” he said.

“We know that our leader is eminently qualified to rule this country. He has led Lagos state.”

On April 9, Amaechi declared his intention to run for the office of president, describing his decision as a “moral duty to give what I can in the service of my country”.

Months prior, Bola Tinubu, an APC chieftain, had announced his “life-long” ambition to lead the country.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by EmptyGarden(m): 10:50pm On Apr 28, 2022
I wonder why they bother... Like Wike meeting with Ganduje.
Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by darocha1: 10:50pm On Apr 28, 2022
Real men talk straight and that's what both parties have done.

BOS : It is Tinubu or nothing
Amaechi : I already know that. I only felt it was necessary to try.
BOS: Cheers bro
Amaechi: Gbayii baba

Case Closed...

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by Tinubuadvocate: 10:51pm On Apr 28, 2022
Good that's fact no pretending.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by yemex04(m): 10:53pm On Apr 28, 2022
Smiles..
I admire your courage though but I also admire Sanwo Olu, there's no doubting where his loyalty belongs..

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by fergie001: 10:54pm On Apr 28, 2022
darocha1:
Real men talk straight and that's what both parties have done.

BOS : It is Tinubu or nothing
Amaechi : I already know that. I only felt it was necessary to try.
BOS: Cheers bro
Amaechi: Gbayii baba

Case Closed...
Your head dey there jareh

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by DEROX: 10:58pm On Apr 28, 2022
grin i love the jab no doubt, can he even win 30 delegates in lagos but yesterday magnus abe is campaiging fot the master abeg man pass man
Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by oluwoleife: 11:00pm On Apr 28, 2022
BAT is the main man!

Thank you Sanwoolu for not being a coward like Dapo 'Frodd' Abiodun
Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by CoronaVirusPro: 11:12pm On Apr 28, 2022
Stopping Okechukwu Ahmed Tinubu is a fruitless effort.

Their is no way he wont become the next president.

Every political simulation favors' him.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by Nigerialabalaba: 11:22pm On Apr 28, 2022
Jagaban 2023 na God's project for Nigeria. I gbadun you Sanwo Olu.
Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by Peacecore: 11:58pm On Apr 28, 2022
EmptyGarden:
I wonder why they bother... Like Wike meeting with Ganduje.
��
Comrade no loud am. Wike go still go Osun and Bornu state.�
Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by Rugaria: 12:04am On Apr 29, 2022
Rallying point for thieves and scammers..
Gbajiamila has his case for forgery and corruption in the United States.
The governor of Ogun State has just been outed for his criminal activities in the same US..
Tinubu himself was investigated for drug trafficking!!!
Together with MC Oluoma, Awawa boys and One million boys, Tinubu if he ever wins, will be running Nigeria like Pablo Escobar...
Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by SamPeeLamen(m): 6:42am On Apr 29, 2022
The sheer audacity of Ameachi to even visit Lagos and the brutal honesty from Sanwo-Olu does it for me.
Re: Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos by Mynd44: 7:19am On Apr 29, 2022

(1)

IBB A Dictator, His Policies Ruined Nigeria’s Economy – Prof. Itse Sagay / Breaking…Gun Men Kidnap The Head Of Methodist Church Nigeria / Party ‘delegate’ Shows Off New Car He Bought From Proceeds Of Concluded Primary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.