Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,897 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Fake Exhaust Leak Sound On My 2013 GLK - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fake Exhaust Leak Sound On My 2013 GLK (2153 Views)

Fake Exhaust Leak Sound On My 2013 GLK When Accelerating / Lexus Rx 350 or Mercedes Benz GLK 350: Which Is Better? / Drunk Teen Got Her Head Stuck In Truck Exhaust Pipe For 45 Mins In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake Exhaust Leak Sound On My 2013 GLK by Samafroxy22(m): 9:54am On Apr 29, 2022
There is this fake exhaust leak tapping sound on my glk only when accelerating fast... i have removed the exhaust system to diagnose where the leak was coming from..

during this procedures we fhave found a cracked cone where the exhaust is joined together and sone other parts with leaks. We removed the exhaust manifolds; bank 1 and 2 to check the gaskets and there was no others leaks...

With all these, their is no improvement in the sound. Another guess is a cracked or leaking plugs which i havent done yet.

Please help � me

Cc GAZZUZZ
Re: Fake Exhaust Leak Sound On My 2013 GLK by Mrkumareze(m): 10:09am On Apr 29, 2022
Check if the exhaust has contact with the body of your car.. if there's any, adjust it..
And be sure some noise does not emanate from exhast most especially when we re on high speed. Wind can Penetrate some points, making it sound like it's the exhaust

2 Likes

Re: Fake Exhaust Leak Sound On My 2013 GLK by Samafroxy22(m): 11:12am On Apr 29, 2022
Mrkumareze:
Check if the exhaust has contact with the body of your car.. if there's any, adjust it..
And be sure some noise does not emanate from exhast most especially when we re on high speed. Wind can Penetrate some points, making it sound like it's the exhaust

Thank you Mrkumareze ... I feel bordered because I have used same model of vehicle without such sound... no part of the exhaust is touch the body
Re: Fake Exhaust Leak Sound On My 2013 GLK by olumzzz(m): 4:46am On Apr 30, 2022
Samafroxy22:
There is this fake exhaust leak tapping sound on my glk only when accelerating fast... i have removed the exhaust system to diagnose where the leak was coming from..

during this procedures we fhave found a cracked cone where the exhaust is joined together and sone other parts with leaks. We removed the exhaust manifolds; bank 1 and 2 to check the gaskets and there was no others leaks...

With all these, their is no improvement in the sound. Another guess is a cracked or leaking plugs which i havent done yet.

Please help � me

Cc GAZZUZZ
Are your catalytic converters intact?
Re: Fake Exhaust Leak Sound On My 2013 GLK by ogbuefi677(m): 5:31am On Apr 30, 2022
olumzzz:

Good question grin

1 Like

Re: Fake Exhaust Leak Sound On My 2013 GLK by Samafroxy22(m): 2:09pm On Apr 30, 2022
olumzzz:

Yes, they are complete and without deformities
Re: Fake Exhaust Leak Sound On My 2013 GLK by Kanshi1(m): 12:34am On May 04, 2022
Check your exhaust heat shield...maybe its partially touching the exhaust

Samafroxy22:

Please help � me

Cc GAZZUZZ

1 Like

Re: Fake Exhaust Leak Sound On My 2013 GLK by NokiaN8(m): 9:28am On Sep 28, 2022
The fault is the oxygen sensor where is connect to the exhaust, buy a new one and replace the sound would stop immediately

1 Like

Re: Fake Exhaust Leak Sound On My 2013 GLK by Samafroxy22(m): 12:08pm On Sep 28, 2022
NokiaN8:
The fault is the oxygen sensor where is connect to the exhaust, buy a new one and replace the sound would stop immediately

ho, wow, never thought of that... I will try switching them first. Thanks
Re: Fake Exhaust Leak Sound On My 2013 GLK by Samafroxy22(m): 12:11pm On Sep 28, 2022
Kanshi1:
Check your exhaust heat shield...maybe its partially touching the exhaust

I checked that out last week, still no improvement.... now I am scared...
Re: Fake Exhaust Leak Sound On My 2013 GLK by eduman07(m): 8:37pm On Sep 28, 2022
Someone should be under the car while you rev the engine.for me that's how we discover my own and it was throwing codes on ox sense codes
Re: Fake Exhaust Leak Sound On My 2013 GLK by Samafroxy22(m): 11:41pm On Sep 28, 2022
eduman07:
Someone should be under the car while you rev the engine.for me that's how we discover my own and it was throwing codes on ox sense codes

I can only recreate the sound when accelerating, it won't make that sound when revving in park or neutral
Re: Fake Exhaust Leak Sound On My 2013 GLK by RuneKingThor: 12:37pm On Sep 29, 2022
Samafroxy22:

I can only recreate the sound when accelerating, it won't make that sound when revving in park or neutral
How sure are you it's the exhaust? I had an Honda pilot that had this annoying sound when on motion, found out later it was the hub/Boris(not sure of the exact name)

Ps: I know it's a different car to yours but consider other things that can make noise only when on motion.

2 Likes

Re: Fake Exhaust Leak Sound On My 2013 GLK by kingreign(m): 4:11pm On Sep 30, 2022
Samafroxy22:

Please help � me

Cc GAZZUZZ

GLK have active exhaust system. There are butterfly valves which can actuate during the engine running depending on throttle input, it opens and closes to create turbulence and rumbling noise inside. Also, there are valves and cuts inside the exhaust passageway too. If they’re burnt and broken, you may get distorted sounds.
Re: Fake Exhaust Leak Sound On My 2013 GLK by Samafroxy22(m): 6:51am On Oct 01, 2022
kingreign:

GLK have active exhaust system. There are butterfly valves which can actuate during the engine running depending on throttle input, it opens and closes to create turbulence and rumbling noise inside. Also, there are valves and cuts inside the exhaust passageway too. If they’re burnt and broken, you may get distorted sounds.

Are these butterfly valves inside the engine or in the exhaust pipe too?
Re: Fake Exhaust Leak Sound On My 2013 GLK by kingreign(m): 7:52am On Oct 01, 2022
Samafroxy22:

Are these butterfly valves inside the engine or in the exhaust pipe too?

Butterfly valve is located in the intake manifold at the throttle body, and at the exhaust by the silencer

1 Like

Re: Fake Exhaust Leak Sound On My 2013 GLK by xtreemk: 9:41am On Dec 08, 2022
P that is how Mercedes-Benz built glk because they want it to sound like g wagon
Go and check over glk's they sounds the same

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Liberty Jeep / Accord 03 Idle Body / 2007 Toyota Highlander Fan Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.