Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,364 members, 7,815,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

What Is The Story Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Story Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? (1219 Views)

The True Story Behind The Death Of Apostle Ayo Babalola / Story Behind The Hymn, "When I Survey The Wondrous Cross" / T. B Joshua At 55: The Story Behind His Glory Revealed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Story Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? by Hismasterpiece(m): 12:13pm On Apr 29, 2022
What's the story behind your moniker? Where is it gotten from? What's the conviction behind it?

Mine is based on a passage of Scripture from the Epistle of Paul to the Ephesians, particularly the New Living Translation. This is what it says:

Eph 2:10 For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

It is indeed humbling to know that I am the work of God's Hands. A work of Wisdom. A work of Understanding. A work of pefect Knowledge. cool cool

So what's the story? Let's hear it!
Re: What Is The Story Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? by care4you: 12:22pm On Apr 29, 2022
Am the opposite of my moniker so don't be decieved.....

I gat no fvck to give!!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Story Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? by illicit(m): 12:27pm On Apr 29, 2022
Nothing

Just the first thing my eyes caught while registering

1 Like

Re: What Is The Story Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? by Hismasterpiece(m): 12:39pm On Apr 29, 2022
care4you:
Am the opposite of my moniker so don't be decieved.....

I gat no fvck to give!!

Lol... then why did you now choose it? was it you intention to be deceptive? or did you initially care and then stop caring?
Re: What Is The Story Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? by Hismasterpiece(m): 12:40pm On Apr 29, 2022
illicit:
Nothing

What does illicit even mean?
Re: What Is The Story Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? by illicit(m): 12:41pm On Apr 29, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

What does illicit even mean?

Not licit
Re: What Is The Story Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? by DoggoneDogg: 12:42pm On Apr 29, 2022
My grandfather cussed a lot and one of his favourites was "doggone!" because Grandma banned cuss words around the house. He was a dog lover & used it frequently around them so you can understand how doggonedogg was coined.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Story Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 29, 2022
Mine was made under the influence of a strong liquor.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Story Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? by Wanbissaka: 1:19pm On Apr 29, 2022
Frnds named me wanbissaka cause of my tackling prowess

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Story Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? by Hismasterpiece(m): 1:52pm On Apr 29, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
My grandfather cussed a lot and one of his favourites was "doggone!" because Grandma banned cuss words around the house. He was a dog lover & used it frequently around them so you can understand how doggonedogg was coined.

Lol.. But the average Nigerian doesn't use that word.. Was you father from the States or some other foreign country?
Re: What Is The Story Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? by Hismasterpiece(m): 1:53pm On Apr 29, 2022
Miracood2:
Mine was made under the influence of a strong liquor.

Dude... stop drinking.. that stuff is bad for ya

1 Like

Re: What Is The Story Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? by Hismasterpiece(m): 1:54pm On Apr 29, 2022
Wanbissaka:
Frnds named me wanbissaka cause of my tackling prowess

Who is that? A footballer?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Story Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? by GreatAdvice: 1:54pm On Apr 29, 2022
There are so many misguided people on the web. My mission is to give the best possible advice whenever possible and completely free of charge. It's my very own version of philanthropy.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Story Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? by Wanbissaka: 1:57pm On Apr 29, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Who is that? A footballer?
yep. Plays for Manchester united

1 Like

Re: What Is The Story Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 29, 2022
Hismasterpiece:
What's the story behind your moniker? Where is it gotten from? What's the conviction behind it?

I registered with my husband's email.
He's a pastor.
His name is Matthew.

Hence, PastorM.

I wish I could change it grin
On other sites you can change your username EXCEPT Nairaland which is still stuck in the past (sigh)

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Story Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:08pm On Apr 29, 2022
illicit:
Nothing

Na lie, your Truth spoke up. You have an attraction for bad and ill causing things.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Story Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? by DoggoneDogg: 2:25pm On Apr 29, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Lol.. But the average Nigerian doesn't use that word.. Was you father from the States or some other foreign country?

He was American. South Carolina.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Story Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 29, 2022
The first three words is the short form of my mom's name while the last three words is the Short form of my brother's name

1 Like

Re: What Is The Story Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? by illicit(m): 3:23pm On Apr 29, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Na lie, your Truth spoke up. You have an attraction for bad and ill causing things.

U are lying oga grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Story Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? by Hismasterpiece(m): 4:05pm On Apr 29, 2022
GreatAdvice:
There are so many misguided people on the web. My mission is to give the best possible advice whenever possible and completely free of charge. It's my very own version of philanthropy.

Wow.. That's very noble. Keep it up!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Story Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? by Hismasterpiece(m): 4:06pm On Apr 29, 2022
Wanbissaka:
yep. Plays for Manchester united

Oh. Alright. So you're very good at soccer. Do you plan on going pro?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Story Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? by Hismasterpiece(m): 4:07pm On Apr 29, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

I registered with my husband's email.
He's a pastor.
His name is Matthew.

Hence, PastorM.

I wish I could change it grin
On other sites you can change your username EXCEPT Nairaland which is still stuck in the past (sigh)

Lol... Then why didn't you just delete the account and open a new one with your real name?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Story Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? by Hismasterpiece(m): 4:08pm On Apr 29, 2022
DoggoneDogg:

He was American. South Carolina.

Ehen! I thought as much. So you be ajebo? cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Is The Story Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? by Hismasterpiece(m): 4:09pm On Apr 29, 2022
ifyken:
The first three words is the short form of my mom's name while the last three words is the Short form of my brother's name

Lemme guess.. your mom's name is Ifeoma, hence Ify and your bro's name is Kenneth, hence Ken. Did I get it right? cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Story Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? by Hismasterpiece(m): 4:10pm On Apr 29, 2022
illicit:

U are lying oga grin

When you say 'your eyes caught' what exactly do you mean?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Story Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? by Hismasterpiece(m): 4:18pm On Apr 29, 2022
illicit:

Not licit

Oh.. ok

1 Like

Re: What Is The Story Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? by DoggoneDogg: 4:23pm On Apr 29, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Ehen! I thought as much. So you be ajebo? cheesy cheesy

Nope.
I be Nwafor.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Story Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Apr 29, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Lemme guess.. your mom's name is Ifeoma, hence Ify and your bro's name is Kenneth, hence Ken. Did I get it right? cheesy cheesy
Yes, you got it

1 Like

Re: What Is The Story Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 29, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Lol... Then why didn't you just delete the account and open a new one with your real name?

I was thinking of that to be honest.
Re: What Is The Story Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? by illicit(m): 5:17pm On Apr 29, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

When you say 'your eyes caught' what exactly do you mean?

I was watching TV at the same time I was signing up on my phone

When I was thinking of a moniker, I saw the word on TV
Re: What Is The Story Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? by Greatzeus(m): 7:58pm On Apr 29, 2022
To always remind myself of my Divinity

1 Like

Re: What Is The Story Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? by Hismasterpiece(m): 8:51pm On Apr 29, 2022
illicit:

I was watching TV at the same time I was signing up on my phone

When I was thinking of a moniker, I saw the word on TV

Lol... That's so random

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Does God Ever Change? / Think About It. / Italian Nun Slain In Mogadishu - Asks God To Forgive Her Killers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.