Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,997 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Why Do People Hate Dangote? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Do People Hate Dangote? (1534 Views)

Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? / Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? / Dangote, Femi Otedola, Donald Duke, Dele Momodu Hang Out Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Hate Dangote? by Nova1982: 12:58am On Apr 30, 2022
I've always wondered why?
especially on nairaland, any post about dangote you'll see comments like "he's not the richest in Africa" "he's a ritualist" "he's rich because of government" "there are many people in Anambra that are richer than him"

I don't understand what the hate Is about.
I'm not trying to be tribal here but most of the times I see comments like that it mostly comes from igbo people, nobody should come at me abeg I'm just stating my observations.

nairalanders, why do people hate Dangote?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by Nobody: 1:03am On Apr 30, 2022
Dangote na Fulani thief

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by Nova1982: 1:05am On Apr 30, 2022
jerseyboy:
Dangote na Fulani thief

I'm starting to understand.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by Mazisimonekpa(m): 1:07am On Apr 30, 2022
We hate him because he is more successful than us

Mazi Simon Ekpa from Finland

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by Chimeluv(f): 1:13am On Apr 30, 2022
i wonder cause i don't hate him wink

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by GreatAdvice: 1:15am On Apr 30, 2022
Nobody hates Dangote, but a lot of people dislike him because of all the favorable policies implemented by the government just to favor his businesses. The government is supposed to set up a level playing field to promote competition and capitalism, instead they have a different set of rules for their friends and the elitists. Dangote industries is basically a monopoly all thanks to the government. I will advise them to dissolve all his companies, we don't need title of richest Black man, it doesn't benefit the masses.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by baritereign24(m): 1:18am On Apr 30, 2022
Dangote is a criminal who specialize in using Nigeria common wealth to enriched himself through the help of our corrupt politicians..a chronic tax invader and a crook business man who ought to rot in jail if will were like USA

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by Nobody: 3:46am On Apr 30, 2022
A lot of people don't like the rich. They view them as having what they do not have. Dangote is a visual personification of the rich Nigerian...favours from government to grow his business. And yes, the hate takes on tribal and religious connotations.

Though, in fairness, Dangote does well, because many other rich people don't want to go into the same business. Like his refinery, a lot of rich Nigerians could compete with Dangote on building similar refineries, but won't because it isn't a profit making venture (subsidies on petrol means any refinery would lose money)

Anyway, the thing is, most Nigerians want to be importers rather than manufacturers.Which is why Dangote appears to be enjoying a 'monopoly'

6 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by Mooh247: 3:50am On Apr 30, 2022
cool

The hateful people of Nigeria

They hate Nigeria

They hate Muslim

They hate Nairaland

They hate Yoruba

They hate APC

They hate Dangote

They hate Fulanis

They hate Northerners

They hate Cows

They hate Punch Newspaper

They hate Amala and Ewedu

They hate Lagosians

They hate SouthAfricans

They hate Ghanians

They hate NURTW drivers

They hate Tinubu

They hate Osinbajo

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by Nobody: 4:32am On Apr 30, 2022
The causes which destroyed the ancient republics were numerous; but in Rome, one principal cause was the vast inequality of fortunes.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by Nobody: 4:40am On Apr 30, 2022
The only Nigerians that hate dangote are the igbos

They hate him because he is better than them in business, he is Muslim and Hausa. ALL these enrage igbos because they want all hausa to be shoemaker or gateman

Igbo hate dangote because Nigeria trust him unlike them. They also get mad when yoruba applaud dangote

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by Agwotulumbe(f): 5:07am On Apr 30, 2022
[s]
Mooh247:
cool

They hate Nigeria

They hate Muslim

They hate Nairaland

They hate Yoruba

They hate APC

They hate Dangote

They hate Fulanis

They hate Northerners

They hate Cows

They hate Lagosians

They hate SouthAfricans

They hate Ghanians

They hate NURTW drivers

[/s]
they hate their nephews too cheesy

Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by SwattiLee: 5:22am On Apr 30, 2022
Quite amusing how mostly the poor so much disparage and despise the rich but run helter-skelter day and night to get rich.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by Wazobia2216: 5:23am On Apr 30, 2022
Nova1982:

I'm not trying to be tribal here but most of the times I see comments like that it mostly comes from igbo people, nobody should come at me abeg I'm just stating my observations.
You are exactly what you claim you are not

A tribal bigot!

Dangote does not even care about your 2 bit poverty stricken opinion!

Go find work do! Lazy youth!

Many of you joined Nairaland particularly in 2021 so as to sing your hate songs against the Igbos, its not as if you have anything meaningful to contribute!

6 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by rolams(m): 5:24am On Apr 30, 2022
Nova1982:
I've always wondered why?
especially on nairaland, any post about dangote you'll see comments like "he's not the richest in Africa" "he's a ritualist" "he's rich because of government" "there are many people in Anambra that are richer than him"

I don't understand what the hate Is about.

nairalanders, why do people hate Dangote?

I don't think those people really hate Dangote, rather, they are only presenting how best they see the gentleman.
Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by zionmade(m): 5:29am On Apr 30, 2022
SlyDev:
The only Nigerians that hate dangote are the igbos

They hate him because he is better than them in business, he is Muslim and Hausa. ALL these enrage igbos because they want all hausa to be shoemaker or gateman

Igbo hate dangote because Nigeria trust him unlike them. They also get mad when yoruba applaud dangote

Dangote is a selfish greedy businessman
The last person I know who gave orders for his cement plant to be shut down was a northerner, but the person who refused to carry out that order was an Igbo
Dangote and BUA are brothers but he wants BUA to collapse

I know u are confused here, that's how it is for people who know nothing rather than to come to NL and talk rubbish. The real people who know the real colour of dangote won't usually come out to talk. The hate on dangote is not ethnical. Yorubas hate him as much as Igbos. Just that the latter always voice theirs out

I love Dangote to an extent, at least my hopes on naira lies in his refinery

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by jaggabban: 5:30am On Apr 30, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

They hate Nigeria

They hate Muslim

They hate Nairaland

They hate Yoruba

They hate APC

They hate Dangote

They hate Fulanis

They hate Northerners

They hate Cows

They hate Lagosians

They hate SouthAfricans

They hate Ghanians

They hate NURTW drivers

Nailed it

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:38am On Apr 30, 2022
No matter how close you are to an ibo man they will have reservation for you. They hate all, expect themselves. That's how they are wired.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by 9japride(m): 5:41am On Apr 30, 2022
It's funny how you guys behave, you fully know the reason yet you pretend to play the propaganda script. Why do government favour a particular region business men? Why do government always like to suppress other regions? I just see all these post as someone catching cruise. This same act of favouritism is why the country is not moving forward. Everything is all about dirty and smelling politics. Just imagine Lagos state which I believe to be the smallest in Nigeria, but it's being choked with infrastructure. Why can't they spread it to Ondo state that is close to the Atlantic Ocean or Ogun state or much better other regions in southern Nigeria? The kind of mindset the average man has is really terrible. With such oppressive mindset I don't think the country can move forward.
Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:42am On Apr 30, 2022
zionmade:

Dangote is a selfish greedy businessman
The last person I know who gave orders for his cement plant to be shut down was a northerner, but the person who refused to carry out that order was an Igbo
Dangote and BUA are brothers but he wants BUA to collapse

I know u are confused here, that's how it is for people who know nothing rather than to come to NL and talk rubbish. The real people who know the real colour of dangote won't usually come out to talk. The hate on dangote is not ethnical. Yorubas hate him as much as Igbos. Just that the latter always voice theirs out

I love Dangote to an extent, at least my hopes on naira lies in his refinery
Yorubas don't hate Dangote. That's why Dangote is very comfortable living in yuroba land and being close friends with other yuroba billionairs. Stop telling lies.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by 9japride(m): 5:45am On Apr 30, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
No matter how close you are to an ibo man they will have reservation for you. They hate all, expect themselves. That's how they are wired.
[color=#006600][/color]

You guys just like talking like robots, repeating same boring malicious lie thinking it will eventually become the truth. Do you northerners like south Easterners or even a Christian? To you guys this present government is the best and has done marvelously well in the area of security, education, poverty reduction etc. There should be a limit to hateful post or cruise catching. If you so much hate the Igbos then help them get their country, but no because of the love of oil and gas you wouldn't.
Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by chatinent: 5:49am On Apr 30, 2022
I don't hate him. Talking about favours from govt, I think it's everywhere. Nike also enjoys favours from America unlike other foreign companies in America.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by epondudu: 5:51am On Apr 30, 2022
Most of his haters are extensively from a particular region of this country. and their justifications for that hate is because of his ethnicity, and I stand to be corrected. They despised him so much.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by nazicartel(m): 5:58am On Apr 30, 2022
My problem with Dangote is just the reckless drivers his company employs. Both Igbo and Hausa drivers.
I don't personally hate him because I don't know him. He's a business man. All business men are somehow
Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by Nova1982: 6:00am On Apr 30, 2022
Wazobia2216:

You are exactly what you claim you are not

A tribal bigot!

Dangote does not even care about your 2 bit poverty stricken opinion!

Go find work do! Lazy youth!

Many of you joined Nairaland particularly in 2021 so as to sing your hate songs against the Igbos, its not as if you have anything meaningful to contribute!

exactly what I was trying to avoid. but anyhow sha.

it's the truth. and it can be bitter sometimes.
Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by Nova1982: 6:03am On Apr 30, 2022
GreatAdvice:
Nobody hates Dangote, but a lot of people dislike him because of all the favorable policies implemented by the government just to favor his businesses. The government is supposed to set up a level playing field to promote competition and capitalism, instead they have a different set of rules for their friends and the elitists. Dangote industries is basically a monopoly all thanks to the government. I will advise them to dissolve all his companies, we don't need title of richest Black man, it doesn't benefit the masses.

I would love to know the "favourable policies implemented by the government.

that your last statement didn't make any sense, he's a business man not a politician. he didn't start his business to benefit the masses.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by shortIGBOman: 6:11am On Apr 30, 2022
Only IGBO hate Dangote.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:21am On Apr 30, 2022
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

You guys just like talking like robots, repeating same boring malicious lie thinking it will eventually become the truth. Do you northerners like south Easterners or even a Christian? To you guys this present government is the best and has done marvelously well in the area of security, education, poverty reduction etc. There should be a limit to hateful post or cruise catching. If you so much hate the Igbos then help them get their country, but no because of the love of oil and gas you wouldn't.
See how ur foooooolishness made you think I'm a northerner. And who is stopping the south east from having their country. Left to me they would have long gone their way. They are just too inept to know how to get what they want? Or maybe they don't even know what they want. I doubt strongly if they truly desire a country of their own. Because last I remember non of their politician has been bold enough to ask for a referendum. Which oil do they have. Or maybe you are adding Rivers and Delta oil to the south east

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by omenka(m): 6:24am On Apr 30, 2022
People don't hate him. Igboes do.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by omenka(m): 6:27am On Apr 30, 2022
Nova1982:

I would love to know the "favourable policies implemented by the government.

that your last statement didn't make any sense, he's a business man not a politician. he didn't start his business to benefit the masses.
All the import waivers and patronage innoson enjoys from the fg for his overpriced craps aren't favourable to him.

Some igboes on this forum are terrible human beings.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Advice On Micro Finance Bank, Thanks. / Setting Up A Quarry Industry / Please Give A Name To My Business!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.