Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,355 members, 7,812,009 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

Why Do People Hate Dangote? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Do People Hate Dangote? (1535 Views)

Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? / Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? / Dangote, Femi Otedola, Donald Duke, Dele Momodu Hang Out Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by Agwotulumbe(f): 6:29am On Apr 30, 2022
[s]
omenka:
People don't hate him. Igboes do.
[/s]
at least igbos are better than those old junkies that nearly killed their fiancé

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by KosiGee(m): 6:42am On Apr 30, 2022
baritereign24:
Dangote is a criminal who specialize in using Nigeria common wealth to enriched himself through the help of our corrupt politicians..a chronic tax invader and a crook business man who ought to rot in jail if will were like USA

Evader...Tax evasion

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by agadez007(m): 7:16am On Apr 30, 2022
Yoruba people,always talking about hate,how can a group of 40+ million people hate on one guy?

It’s the Afonja way na,so I am not surprised,the same way they were shouting that Akwa ibomites hates igbos till ibeno youths beat them black and blue and drowned one oblong headed afonja
Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by SocialJustice: 7:24am On Apr 30, 2022
Nova1982:
I've always wondered why?
especially on nairaland, any post about dangote you'll see comments like "he's not the richest in Africa" "he's a ritualist" "he's rich because of government" "there are many people in Anambra that are richer than him"

I don't understand what the hate Is about.
I'm not trying to be tribal here but most of the times I see comments like that it mostly comes from igbo people, nobody should come at me abeg I'm just stating my observations.

nairalanders, why do people hate Dangote?
Dangote is the richest black man not the richest African, Elon Musk is.

People mostly hate him out of ignorance and envy. The man has a massive empire to run and couldn't care less what the world thinks.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by DaInferno(m): 7:31am On Apr 30, 2022
Nova1982:
I've always wondered why?
especially on nairaland, any post about dangote you'll see comments like "he's not the richest in Africa" "he's a ritualist" "he's rich because of government" "there are many people in Anambra that are richer than him"

I don't understand what the hate Is about.
I'm not trying to be tribal here but most of the times I see comments like that it mostly comes from igbo people, nobody should come at me abeg I'm just stating my observations.

nairalanders, why do people hate Dangote?
which nairaland you d follow?
Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by Exjoker(m): 7:32am On Apr 30, 2022
Actually people who hate Dangote are mostly if not all from the South Eastern part of the country....
To them, they never expected someone from another part of the country to excel better than them in trading/business because according to them - THEY ARE THE GRAND MASTER OF THE BUSINESS. So anyone order than them who is doing better is billing on government.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by DaInferno(m): 7:33am On Apr 30, 2022
GreatAdvice:
Nobody hates Dangote, but a lot of people dislike him because of all the favorable policies implemented by the government just to favor his businesses. The government is supposed to set up a level playing field to promote competition and capitalism, instead they have a different set of rules for their friends and the elitists. Dangote industries is basically a monopoly all thanks to the government. I will advise them to dissolve all his companies, we don't need title of richest Black man, it doesn't benefit the masses.
I understand your first plight, but to say his business be dissolved?!...I've not seen such disdain this month! Wtf?!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by jesmond3945: 7:54am On Apr 30, 2022
subsidywise18:
A lot of people don't like the rich. They view them as having what they do not have. Dangote is a visual personification of the rich Nigerian...favours from government to grow his business. And yes, the hate takes on tribal and religious connotations.

Though, in fairness, Dangote does well, because many other rich people don't want to go into the same business. Like his refinery, a lot of rich Nigerians could compete with Dangote on building similar refineries, but won't because it isn't a profit making venture (subsidies on petrol means any refinery would lose money)

Anyway, the thing is, most Nigerians want to be importers rather than manufacturers.Which is why Dangote appears to be enjoying a 'monopoly'
who told you? Why is the government not licensing ibeto cement?
Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by Nobody: 8:03am On Apr 30, 2022
jesmond3945:
who told you? Why is the government not licensing ibeto cement?

I'm not interested in playing that tribal game

Play it somewhere else.

Preferably with your hausa and yoruba pals

Good morning
Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by jesmond3945: 8:11am On Apr 30, 2022
subsidywise18:

I'm not interested in playing that tribal game

Play it somewhere else.

Preferably with your hausa and yoruba pals

Good morning

let government provide level playing ground for businesses to thrive and unemployment will be a thing of the past.
Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by Nobody: 8:15am On Apr 30, 2022
jesmond3945:
let government provide level playing ground for businesses to thrive and unemployment will be a thing of the past.

They did. Ibeto kept on importing while others were building manufacturing. That is the sad truth.

Seriously i am tired of you ibo and Yoruba tribal warriors. Every day is tribal fight for one thing or the other. Every day is victimology from you guys. Seriously get a life, all of you.

That's all i am going to say on this matter. You can open a thread on dangote vs ibeto.

Good morning

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by Legendforte: 8:15am On Apr 30, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
See how ur foooooolishness made you think I'm a northerner. And who is stopping the south east from having their country. Left to me they would have long gone their way. They are just too inept to know how to get what they want? Or maybe they don't even know what they want. I doubt strongly if they truly desire a country of their own. Because last I remember non of their politician has been bold enough to ask for a referendum. Which oil do they have. Or maybe you are adding Rivers and Delta oil to the south east
The 2 states u mentioned have igbo subgroups. Again southeast is endowned with oil and gas deposits. Now a govt of a federation ought to carry all and sundry along. Other Nigerians have learnt some derogatory terms like; dot people, 5 percenters, landlocked et al b/c of some unguarded statemens from our so called leaders. Hate speech, bigotry, nepotism and others were instigated by major politicians.
Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by jesmond3945: 8:25am On Apr 30, 2022
subsidywise18:

They did. Ibeto kept on importing while others were building manufacturing. That is the sad truth.

Seriously i am tired of you ibo and Yoruba tribal warriors. Every day is tribal fight for one thing or the other. Every day is victimology from you guys. Seriously get a life, all of you.

That's all i am going to say on this matter. You can open a thread on dangote vs ibeto.

Good morning
Your lies will choke you
https://saharareporters.com/2016/10/17/cement-war-dangote-ibeto-continue-legal-tussle
Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 30, 2022
jesmond3945:

Your lies will choke you

K.
Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 30, 2022
zionmade:

Dangote is a selfish greedy businessman
The last person I know who gave orders for his cement plant to be shut down was a northerner, but the person who refused to carry out that order was an Igbo
Dangote and BUA are brothers but he wants BUA to collapse

I know u are confused here, that's how it is for people who know nothing rather than to come to NL and talk rubbish. The real people who know the real colour of dangote won't usually come out to talk. The hate on dangote is not ethnical. Yorubas hate him as much as Igbos. Just that the latter always voice theirs out

I love Dangote to an extent, at least my hopes on naira lies in his refinery

Mention one igbo business man that's not greedy, you people will buy fake things at cheap price then sell it times 10 of the price. Yoruba do not hate Dangote, we appreciate him.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 30, 2022
DaInferno:
I understand your first plight, but to say his business be dissolved?!...I've not seen such disdain this month! Wtf?!

They can kill dangote if they had the chance, why will dangote build infrastructures with this type of hate in SE
Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by 9japride(m): 2:21pm On Apr 30, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
See how ur foooooolishness made you think I'm a northerner. And who is stopping the south east from having their country. Left to me they would have long gone their way. They are just too inept to know how to get what they want? Or maybe they don't even know what they want. I doubt strongly if they truly desire a country of their own. Because last I remember non of their politician has been bold enough to ask for a referendum. Which oil do they have. Or maybe you are adding Rivers and Delta oil to the south east
[color=#006600][/color]

Wow undecided so much hate in one post. It's like you don't know how rich the eastern region is. Have you asked yourself what so special in Imo state that they must be checked mate properly? Why are they not check mating other northern states that have crises? It all boils down to oil and gas wealth. At times I wonder if all these hateful acts can ever be used to develop the country. Maybe hatred can be used to generate electricity because of it high voltage. When the population of hateful beings are more than the peace loving people, it results to a lawless society where miscreants are hailed as strong men to be given political power. The hatred towards Igbos is mainly out of envy and nothing less. So because government created states and it then means all border communities must lose their identity? Please try travel around the country and get exposed to the real situation on ground and not all these trolling. Travel to Delta state especially the communities close to eastern region and also travel to Imo/Rivers state border communities. Nairaland is really something else. Smh
Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:58pm On Apr 30, 2022
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

Wow undecided so much hate in one post. It's like you don't know how rich the eastern region is. Have you asked yourself what so special in Imo state that they must be checked mate properly? Why are they not check mating other northern states that have crises? It all boils down to oil and gas wealth. At times I wonder if all these hateful acts can ever be used to develop the country. Maybe hatred can be used to generate electricity because of it high voltage. When the population of hateful beings are more than the peace loving people, it results to a lawless society where miscreants are hailed as strong men to be given political power. The hatred towards Igbos is mainly out of envy and nothing less. So because government created states and it then means all border communities must lose their identity? Please try travel around the country and get exposed to the real situation on ground and not all these trolling. Travel to Delta state especially the communities close to eastern region and also travel to Imo/Rivers state border communities. Nairaland is really something else. Smh
You people make too much noise. What's the percentage of oil production in the south east? Only my state produces more than the combined production of the south east state, yet we don't make noise about being rich.
And show me where I expressed hate in my post. It was you that started bragging about someone preventing the south east from having their country. And I replied you explicitly that nobody is preventing you guys. That not even a single politician from the south east have deemed it necessary to formally apply for a referendum. Do you intend to secede without conducting a referendum? It was only recently a northern NGO took the FG to court to compel the FG to conduct a referendum in the south east. This is something the entire south east didn't have the courage to do. Yet you grumbling about secession. You guys are now like a wife who keeps threatening the husband with divorce. Then one day the husband decides that you can go if you want.

Let me help you with state by state volume of oil production in Nigeria so you can see how irrelevant you are in the scheme of things. Why do you think your useless Monday sit at home is not bothering anyone outside the south east?

Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by zionmade(m): 3:09pm On Apr 30, 2022
SlyDev:

Mention one igbo business man that's not greedy, you people will buy fake things at cheap price then sell it times 10 of the price. Yoruba do not hate Dangote, we appreciate him.
Dangote is greedy and his greed is influences the federal government. He uses government power to oppress competitors. Those who deal with him on behalf of the government will tell u better
Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by zionmade(m): 3:11pm On Apr 30, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
Yorubas don't hate Dangote. That's why Dangote is very comfortable living in yuroba land and being close friends with other yuroba billionairs. Stop telling lies.
Just as he is close friends with other Igbo billionnaires
Maybe one day u realise that hatred for rich people is based on people's economic levels.
Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by 9japride(m): 10:54pm On Apr 30, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
You people make too much noise. What's the percentage of oil production in the south east? Only my state produces more than the combined production of the south east state, yet we don't make noise about being rich.
And show me where I expressed hate in my post. It was you that started bragging about someone preventing the south east from having their country. And I replied you explicitly that nobody is preventing you guys. That not even a single politician from the south east have deemed it necessary to formally apply for a referendum. Do you intend to secede without conducting a referendum? It was only recently a northern NGO took the FG to court to compel the FG to conduct a referendum in the south east. This is something the entire south east didn't have the courage to do. Yet you grumbling about secession. You guys are now like a wife who keeps threatening the husband with divorce. Then one day the husband decides that you can go if you want.

Let me help you with state by state volume of oil production in Nigeria so you can see how irrelevant you are in the scheme of things. Why do you think your useless Monday sit at home is not bothering anyone outside the south east?
[color=#006600][/color]

The oil and gas found in the east is more than enough for the eastern region. You don't expect Igbos to be acting mumu like other regions. Your wish is that the eastern region should behave like other regions that love to sit on the fence. The awareness of Igbos having their home increases daily, the more you show them hatred the more they improve in developing themselves in readiness to have a nation they call their own. In years to come you will eventually look back and just laugh at yourself for unnecessary trolling. Except you are part of oppressive region trying to colonize others.
Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:23pm On Apr 30, 2022
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

The oil and gas found in the east is more than enough for the eastern region. You don't expect Igbos to be acting mumu like other regions. Your wish is that the eastern region should behave like other regions that love to sit on the fence. The awareness of Igbos having their home increases daily, the more you show them hatred the more they improve in developing themselves in readiness to have a nation they call their own. In years to come you will eventually look back and just laugh at yourself for unnecessary trolling. Except you are part of oppressive region trying to colonize others.
Look the volume of South East oil is so insignificant that ur region had profited from Abj money than it generates. If you contest this fact I shall prove it to you once more. Ibos aren't aware of anything, they are just being driven by greed. It was greed that made Zik advance the idea of one Nigeria prior to independence against the position of Ahmadu Bello and Awo, who both wanted us to go out separate ways. It was greed that propelled Ibos to plot the first coup. It was greed that made ironsi destroy regional system of governance. It was greed that drove the south east to biafra war. It was greed that made biafra soldiers to advance towards oyo during the war. It was greed that made biafra soldiers invade the old bendel. All their greedy actions all came back to haunt you guys.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by Nova1982: 3:31am On May 01, 2022
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

no one hates igbo stop playing the blame game, as a northerner who grew up in Lagos I know the type of discrimination I faced from mostly igbo people. have you ever heard of a northerner insulting or discriminating you guys? no! everybody knows us, we're very humble.

back to the topic see one of your people saying business men that sell stuff in markets are richer that dangote, a multi billionaire in which most of his factories are among the biggest in the world, someone that is building a 20 billion dollar oil refinery for Nigeria. This was so funny. grin

Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by 9japride(m): 4:25am On May 01, 2022
Nova1982:

no one hates igbo stop playing the blame game, as a northerner who grew up in Lagos I know the type of discrimination I faced from mostly igbo people. have you ever heard of a northerner insulting or discriminating you guys? no! everybody knows us, we're very humble.

back to the topic see one of your people saying business men that sell stuff in markets are richer that dangote, a multi billionaire in which most of his factories are among the biggest in the world, someone that is building a 20 billion dollar oil refinery for Nigeria. This was so funny. grin
[color=#006600][/color]

To me I wonder if hatred can generate electricity? I love northerners, they are nice people. But their political elites are really very mischievous. Same way with Igbos, they just love to have fun and enjoy their lives, but most of their political leaders are all sell out. Anywhere Igbo man travel to they try as much to make that place conformable for themselves. Have you experienced anywhere were Igbos are attacking their host communities? Dangote is very rich, though there are a lot of extremely wealthy Igbo men who like to remain underground due to perceived witch-hunting by those in political power. It's difficulty to surpass Dangote's level of wealth, except those into ICT. Presently Dangote is richer than any Igbo man, but if the government created a level playing ground for all I don't think Dangote will ever have gotten to this level. Same way there is quota system and also elevating certain regions above others, then tomorrow they will start boasting on how they have achieved greater heights without giving credit to the unjust favouritism. I see those who engage in meaningless tribal trolling as kids, because they still eat "mama thank you food" when reality set on them, they will know that if one continues with hatred/tribalism one will go hungry. If tribalist are really serious in their hatred/tribalism, they should stop receiving services such as medical assistant, trading partnerships, vehiclular maintenance, etc from the people they hate so much. If I were to be Dangote, I will spread my investment all round the country to gain trust.
Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by 9japride(m): 4:36am On May 01, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
Look the volume of South East oil is so insignificant that ur region had profited from Abj money than it generates. If you contest this fact I shall prove it to you once more. Ibos aren't aware of anything, they are just being driven by greed. It was greed that made Zik advance the idea of one Nigeria prior to independence against the position of Ahmadu Bello and Awo, who both wanted us to go out separate ways. It was greed that propelled Ibos to plot the first coup. It was greed that made ironsi destroy regional system of governance. It was greed that drove the south east to biafra war. It was greed that made biafra soldiers to advance towards oyo during the war. It was greed that made biafra soldiers invade the old bendel. All their greedy actions all came back to haunt you guys.
[color=#006600][/color]

I don't understand what you are saying. I have told you that the natural and human resources found in eastern Nigeria is more than enough for the dot area. Please leave them alone to enjoy themselves. Learn to travel sometimes to see things for yourself and stop relying on social media for your source of information. Majority of the average Igbo men does not know about nairaland, they all are just focus on hustling. They know the secret of working with all tribes in the country. Things are happening in the real world, all tribes are partnering together doing businesses. In years to come when you go through your post , you will just be wondering what was really the driving force motivating you to be really bitter towards your fellow countryman. Try chill .
Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by Nova1982: 12:16pm On May 01, 2022
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

To me I wonder if hatred can generate electricity? I love northerners, they are nice people. But their political elites are really very mischievous. Same way with Igbos, they just love to have fun and enjoy their lives, but most of their political leaders are all sell out. Anywhere Igbo man travel to they try as much to make that place conformable for themselves. Have you experienced anywhere were Igbos are attacking their host communities? Dangote is very rich, though there are a lot of extremely wealthy Igbo men who like to remain underground due to perceived witch-hunting by those in political power. It's difficulty to surpass Dangote's level of wealth, except those into ICT. Presently Dangote is richer than any Igbo man, but if the government created a level playing ground for all I don't think Dangote will ever have gotten to this level. Same way there is quota system and also elevating certain regions above others, then tomorrow they will start boasting on how they have achieved greater heights without giving credit to the unjust favouritism. I see those who engage in meaningless tribal trolling as kids, because they still eat "mama thank you food" when reality set on them, they will know that if one continues with hatred/tribalism one will go hungry. If tribalist are really serious in their hatred/tribalism, they should stop receiving services such as medical assistant, trading partnerships, vehiclular maintenance, etc from the people they hate so much. If I were to be Dangote, I will spread my investment all round the country to gain trust.

I would like to know how the government is favouring dangote. please explain.

I agree with you, those tribal people are most likely kids because now in Lagos the estate I live in is full of mostly igbos but I've never had any problem with them, they come to my house to chill I go to theirs too. The only people that I've received discrimination from was when I was still in school and sometimes when I go to the market. But most igbos in the market are good people, some of them can even speak hausa sef, but they are some that are just bitter or angry. Eliminating tribalism in Nigeria will lead to great things and make Nigeria great again.

Dangote investments are all over the country, not just in Nigeria. he has multiple factories in 10 other African countries not just NIGERIA, so I don't see how it's the government that helped him get where he is. Nigeria have not been able to maintain a refinery, but Dangote is building one that when completed it will be one of the biggest in the world.
Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by 9japride(m): 2:32pm On May 01, 2022
Nova1982:

I would like to know how the government is favouring dangote. please explain.

I agree with you, those tribal people are most likely kids because now in Lagos the estate I live in is full of mostly igbos but I've never had any problem with them, they come to my house to chill I go to theirs too. The only people that I've received discrimination from was when I was still in school and sometimes when I go to the market. But most igbos in the market are good people, some of them can even speak hausa sef, but they are some that are just bitter or angry. Eliminating tribalism in Nigeria will lead to great things and make Nigeria great again.

Dangote investments are all over the country, not just in Nigeria. he has multiple factories in 10 other African countries not just NIGERIA, so I don't see how it's the government that helped him get where he is. Nigeria have not been able to maintain a refinery, but Dangote is building one that when completed it will be one of the biggest in the world.
[color=#006600][/color]

Everything about Dangote business is connection, especially in this country that one region is always being favoured. I won't explain further, you can do your research. Use your state for example and see those who have always benefited from government to the detriment of others. You don't expect someone who is deliberately kept not to move forward to be happy? The day government will say we are tired of the eastern region and they should go their separate ways. Men! It will be a full one month celebration worldwide. Government controls everything in this country especially in areas of development. Let's learn to love our fellow countrymen, a society that practices injustice won't benefit both the oppressed and the oppressor. Tribalism and religion is so bad that one can't even marry peaceful from other regions. The youths think constant trolling will earn one a reward? In few years to come they will shake their heads in disappointment on how they didn't make the right choices especially in old age. Can you still imagine in this present time, parents still take care of their adult children due to messed up economy. These set of tribalistic miscreants usually find themselves in corridors of power and continue with their hateful life there by implementing unfavorable policies that deliberately put people down.
Re: Why Do People Hate Dangote? by Betsource01: 2:36pm On May 01, 2022
subsidywise18:
A lot of people don't like the rich. They view them as having what they do not have. Dangote is a visual personification of the rich Nigerian...favours from government to grow his business. And yes, the hate takes on tribal and religious connotations.

Though, in fairness, Dangote does well, because many other rich people don't want to go into the same business. Like his refinery, a lot of rich Nigerians could compete with Dangote on building similar refineries, but won't because it isn't a profit making venture (subsidies on petrol means any refinery would lose money)

Anyway, the thing is, most Nigerians want to be importers rather than manufacturers.Which is why Dangote appears to be enjoying a 'monopoly'
honestly you're right

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dangote Sugar Becomes Most Capitalised Company In Nigeria / Cbn Is Granting Loans To Business Owner / Need A Loan On N2 Million For Business - Collateral Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.