Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,443 members, 7,823,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? (4832 Views)

Catholic And Anglican Churches Has The Most Organized Structure On Earth-Oyedepo / Ikpeazu: We'll Equip Enyimba Economic City With Uninterrupted Power Supply / Uyo: A City Besieged By ‘street Children’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by christistruth01: 2:08pm On Apr 30, 2022
BKayy:

Liars,
Ibadan was founded in 1829. That is Ibadan is just 193 years old.

Call a spade a spade. Ibadan is the living example of mass poverty.

To be Honest with you Ibadan has existed since the 16th Century when it was Occupied by the Egbas

The Oyo and Ife got there after the Fulani invasion
Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by OFFICIAL336: 3:01pm On Apr 30, 2022
akinremiayomide:
yes
That is villages in Ibadan which are in existence since 19th century .
It shows early development.
Then,your fore fathers where still in the jungles dragging leaves with the baboons

The problem with you Yorubas is that you guys don't take responsibility. I hate people that don't own up to their shortcomings.

Nobody is perfect but you Yorubas always try to present yourselves as the most perfect tribe but the truth is you guys stink of poverty.

This is Mapo, the centre of Ibadan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkUYY2Ur8z0

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by holicupp(m): 3:21pm On Apr 30, 2022
Malory:
I stand with Calabar
sentiment apart calabar is the first before any other state

1 Like

Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 30, 2022
OFFICIAL336:

The problem with you Yorubas is that you guys don't take responsibility. I hate people that don't own up to their shortcomings.

Nobody is perfect but you Yorubas always try to present yourselves as the most perfect tribe but the truth is you guys stink of poverty.

This is Mapo, the centre of Ibadan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkUYY2Ur8z0
Yes
I didn’t dispute there is no poverty in Yoruba land ,there is same ways it all over the world .
I know mapo more than the back of my palm
Down to agbeni,foko,oje,molete,beree,agbaje are the places covered with brown roof due to it long existence.those places houses structures of 200yrs ago that is why you would see some old British buildings there.
Why can’t we leave the old part alone and focus on the new part which is the 80% of Ibadan developed than the whole of south east region?

Just knw Ibadan is developed and beautiful than the whole iboland,no jokes,it is the real fact

1 Like

Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by Broveens42(m): 3:52pm On Apr 30, 2022
holicupp:

sentiment apart calabar is the first before any other state

The topic didn't say "first" but the most organized grid system.

Show us a grid system of your regular streets to counter the topic

1 Like

Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Apr 30, 2022
BKayy:

Liars,
Ibadan was founded in 1829. That is Ibadan is just 193 years old.

Call a spade a spade. Ibadan is the living example of mass poverty.

who is this one ?
You mean Ibadan that is in existence for long ?
It has been in existence since 16 centuries,then,the okoro from the Jew land hasn’t migrated to the present day south east

1 Like

Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by iLoveYouToo(m): 4:59pm On Apr 30, 2022
Malory:
I stand with Calabar

organized? Please it’s not Calabar, I have lived there too. I think it’s Lagos but overpopulation has ruined that city. Mind you, I live in Abuja

3 Likes

Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by Malory: 5:04pm On Apr 30, 2022
iLoveYouToo:

organized? Please it’s not Calabar, I have lived there too. I think it’s Lagos but overpopulation has ruined that city. Mind you, I live in Abuja
Alright. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion

2 Likes

Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by Patrioticbreed9(m): 5:13pm On Apr 30, 2022
Broveens42:
Aba in 2022 #ebohmedia
Ever heard about ebute-meta?
Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by ScamHunter: 6:39pm On Apr 30, 2022
Legendforte:
Comparison of cesspools.
SMH..
Kiddo, you really missed the shot. Don't let this hate continue within you. You can fight it.
Kwem

AllRightsReserved
Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by BKayy: 8:24pm On Apr 30, 2022
akinremiayomide:
who is this one ?
You mean Ibadan that is in existence for long ?
It has been in existence since 16 centuries,then,the okoro from the Jew land hasn’t migrated to the present day south east
LOL. Afonjas and lies is like 5 & 6.
Its like you people are trained to lie from creche. Chai grin

An ordinary Afonja can pass PhD exam in lying and history revision.
See as you dey lie and e dey sweet you for mouth.

My friend, take your receipt.
The keyword at the yellow block is that everybody living in Ibadan or that claim indigenous to the place can perfectly trace their migrant ancestors to 1830. That is after the founding date which is the same 1829 I was talking about

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by EmekaA125(m): 9:47pm On Apr 30, 2022
VictorUSA:
all these villages
As in eeeh. Imagine villages competing with our cities below undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by EmekaA125(m): 9:54pm On Apr 30, 2022
akinremiayomide:
yes
That is villages in Ibadan which are in existence since 19th century .
It shows early development.
Then,your fore fathers where still in the jungles dragging leaves with the baboons

You fo.ols keep deceiving with rubbish excuse of early civilization bullshit. Early civilization yet you have brown roof ancient dilapidated building and mosques in every street in Ibadan. Spits
Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Apr 30, 2022
EmekaA125:

You fo.ols keep deceiving with rubbish excuse of early civilization bullshit. Early civilization yet you have brown roof ancient dilapidated building and mosques in every street in Ibadan. Spits
okoro
Same brown roof your kinsmen would rather board next available bus to escape the poverty in alaigbo .
Showing me mapo area is like showing me makoko in Lagos.

Ibadan is developed than those tiny shit hole you called alaigbo.
Get that into your skull you deluded being

1 Like

Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by MetaPhysical: 10:30pm On Apr 30, 2022
Epetedo in Lagos Island, created in 1850, was the first indigeneous community with urban planning and street grids. Following after that is Yaba, created in 1920s. After this comes Surulere in the 60s. All three are in Lagos.

Epetedo and Surulere have lost much of their grid structures to encroachments by greedy overnight developers with zero skills in community planning but the road networks and grids are still recognizable in Yaba.

Other communities with very early grid communities include Victoria Island (living quarters for colonials), Ikoyi (administrative quarters for colonials), Apapa (communities for refugees from Lebanon that were settled in Lagos, Indian merchants).

1 Like

Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by holicupp(m): 11:28pm On Apr 30, 2022
Broveens42:

The topic didn't say "first" but the most organized grid system.
Show us a grid system of your regular streets to counter the topic
i don't have the pictures but anyone that has been in calabar can attest to that
Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by walefresh3(m): 11:33pm On Apr 30, 2022
EmekaA125:

Oga ade his telling u the truth... Ibadsn is far developed than any ibo state...
Me no one derail the thread... Enjoy
Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by walefresh3(m): 11:35pm On Apr 30, 2022
EmekaA125:

U want make I show your poor east region ?
Re: A City With The Most Organized Street System In Nigeria? by Broveens42(m): 9:24am On May 01, 2022
holicupp:

i don't have the pictures but anyone that has been in calabar can attest to that

That's a lame thing to say.
You only need a Google Earth to give you an idea of what your regular streets look like.

(1) (2) (Reply)

PT State Of The Race: APC, PDP Flex Muscles As Campaigns Enter Final Month / Breaking News:::Atiku Defeats Obasanjo At Appeal Court! / Deputy Governors - Any Law Forbidding Overtaking Their Convoy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.