Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,432 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Why Do Many See Church As Problem Rather Than Solution? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Many See Church As Problem Rather Than Solution? (502 Views)

My Throwback Picture Ministering In Church As A Child / Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die / Lady Strips Unclad In Church As Pastor Prays For Her(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Many See Church As Problem Rather Than Solution? by Omooba77: 8:11am On May 01, 2022
Why do many see Church as problem rather than solution?
Re: Why Do Many See Church As Problem Rather Than Solution? by yuping(m): 8:14am On May 01, 2022
undecided if you choose to see the fault in something you will see, if you choose to see good in it you will.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many See Church As Problem Rather Than Solution? by ojun50(m): 8:17am On May 01, 2022
Only the unbeliever and little faith see church has the problem
Re: Why Do Many See Church As Problem Rather Than Solution? by WowSweetGuy(m): 8:21am On May 01, 2022
Because the church is diverting people from the main thing they have to do and make people look stupid and hypocrites.

Xi Jinping China President gave a more detailed explanation. See below

Re: Why Do Many See Church As Problem Rather Than Solution? by Tokskob2008: 8:32am On May 01, 2022
Honestly which solution has the church ever offered before one can even rate Western churches much more than the ones we have in Africa especially Nigeria because they carry out humanitarian services from time to time but the ones we have here are out to milk the poor congregation dry using the Bible as a cover up.

I always wonder if it's not the same Jesus Christ in the Bible they pretend to emulate yet they do things directly opposite what is clearly written in the same Bible.
Re: Why Do Many See Church As Problem Rather Than Solution? by VirileNelly2420: 10:15am On May 01, 2022
Church doesn't let us bear responsibility of our irresponsible deeds. It takes d blames from us only to heap Dem on spirituality. How den do we improve and progress?

Let's say out of greed u hacked a brother or ur fellow human to death. Church will exornorate u from the crime, saying it's spiritual problem.

Wen u're sick, u're expected to take a healing oil from ur pastor which is not given on gratis(payable, not free). But wen d so called men of God fall sick, dey fly out of d country to seek excellent medical attention.

So tell me, isn't church our prime problem?
Re: Why Do Many See Church As Problem Rather Than Solution? by Regardless: 10:36am On May 01, 2022
Omooba77:

Nothing more than the lack of power in the church. In the days of the Master Jesus, you cannot encounter Jesus without something changing in your life. No power in the church again bro!!!!!
Re: Why Do Many See Church As Problem Rather Than Solution? by Kobojunkie: 10:40am On May 01, 2022
Omooba77:
Because it is a problem.. undecided
Re: Why Do Many See Church As Problem Rather Than Solution? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:45am On May 01, 2022
Omooba77:

Unlike in the past where they participated in solving problems, now, they are the ones causing problems by lying and telling people what they want to hear because they don't want to lose members rather than say The Truth whilst doing their job.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many See Church As Problem Rather Than Solution? by oteneaaron(m): 10:46am On May 01, 2022
The Chruch thrives on indoctrination and control.

The Chruch has refused to teach their followers how think for themselves, take responsibility for their actions and develop an open mind.

Instead, they force their followers to believe in an external power other than themselves.

The Church has refused to tell their followers the truth that -

Wetin you de find for sokoto, has always been inside your sokoto.
Re: Why Do Many See Church As Problem Rather Than Solution? by RepoMan007: 11:25am On May 01, 2022
One major reason I figured out is lack of emphasy on the state of the human spirit. If they follow the spirit trail of Gods word and not the physical body, there will be greater appreciation of the what a true church of Christ attempts to offer them.
The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.
Re: Why Do Many See Church As Problem Rather Than Solution? by RepoMan007: 11:30am On May 01, 2022
Regardless:

Nothing more than the lack of power in the church. In the days of the Master Jesus, you cannot encounter Jesus without something changing in your life. No power in the church again bro!!!!!
and if I may ask, who bestowed the responsibility of Jesus solely on church leaders? Every Christian is suppose to be Christlike and not just the pastor. If your faith in God through Jesus is alive, pastors cannot deny you an encounter for long.
Re: Why Do Many See Church As Problem Rather Than Solution? by RepoMan007: 11:33am On May 01, 2022
VirileNelly2420:

Wen u're sick, u're expected to take a healing oil from ur pastor which is not given on gratis(payable, not free). But wen d so called men of God fall sick, dey fly out of d country to seek excellent medical attention.

Stop generalizing all churches and pastors.
Re: Why Do Many See Church As Problem Rather Than Solution? by RepoMan007: 11:36am On May 01, 2022
Tokskob2008:
Honestly which solution has the church ever offered before one can even rate Western churches much more than the ones we have in Africa especially Nigeria because they carry out humanitarian services from time to time but the ones we have here are out to milk the poor congregation dry using the Bible as a cover up.

I always wonder if it's not the same Jesus Christ in the Bible they pretend to emulate yet they do things directly opposite what is clearly written in the same Bible.
Stop generalizing when talking what you know not. Same bible that asked the church to be charitable also admonished that the right hand shouldn't know what the left hand is doing. It means your charitable deeds need not be publicized.
For the fact that a church preaches a doctrine is clear indication it could be practicing same.
Re: Why Do Many See Church As Problem Rather Than Solution? by paltielx: 11:42am On May 01, 2022
Most churches today do not follow bible commands their pastor bends it to what wil favour them, they often turn churches to places of motivational speech, some even go to the extend of inviting gross sinners, etc comedians, musicians, politicians to church to officiates in some ways. Even the immoral practices of such pastors are not left out. With this and more people see churches as a problem which am one of such people
Re: Why Do Many See Church As Problem Rather Than Solution? by Obafavour(m): 11:48am On May 01, 2022
VirileNelly2420:
Church doesn't let us bear responsibility of our irresponsible deeds. It takes d blames from us only to heap Dem on spirituality. How den do we improve and progress?

Let's say out of greed u hacked a brother or ur fellow human to death. Church will exornorate u from the crime, saying it's spiritual problem.

Stop saying what u don't knw.
Ignoramus people generalize things, what of those pastors advising their memebers to go to the hospital for treatment and they will be helping them with prayers and bills in the church.
Re: Why Do Many See Church As Problem Rather Than Solution? by VirileNelly2420: 6:55pm On May 01, 2022
Obafavour:

Stop saying what u don't knw.
Ignoramus people generalize things, what of those pastors advising their memebers to go to the hospital for treatment and they will be helping them with prayers and bills in the church.
Maybe in da very perspective we have exceptions. I say wot I know.

U sound like a child, no offense!
Re: Why Do Many See Church As Problem Rather Than Solution? by Omooba77: 7:49am On May 08, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Unlike in the past where they participated in solving problems, now, they are the ones causing problems by lying and telling people what they want to hear because they don't want to lose members rather than say The Truth whilst doing their job.

God is ever truthful......
Re: Why Do Many See Church As Problem Rather Than Solution? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:23am On May 08, 2022
Omooba77:

God is ever truthful......

Always, whether even when the Truth shall be unpleasant to its consumers.
Re: Why Do Many See Church As Problem Rather Than Solution? by tobechi20(m): 10:21am On May 08, 2022
What problem has religion solved

(1) (Reply)

Chichigi1990 Challenged Me To Prove This - Here Is My Proof / Is Hijab Compulsory In Islam? / How Can I Serve God Fervently?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.