Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,216 members, 7,849,765 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:18 AM

Yul Edochie To Critics: I Will Sort Out Issues In My Family Amicably - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Yul Edochie To Critics: I Will Sort Out Issues In My Family Amicably (26410 Views)

Reactions As Judy Austin Adds Husband’s Name Yul Edochie To Her Name / Banky W Responds To Critics Of His Big Wedding / Yul Edochie Takes His Governorship Campaign To The Market (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yul Edochie To Critics: I Will Sort Out Issues In My Family Amicably by rockcitie: 2:41pm On May 02, 2022
AntiChristian:

Simply because he doesn't need to. His audience are knowledgeable people of the Torah. They know Deuteronomy 24:1, Exodus 21:10 and other rules of polygamy.

Every man marries one woman at a time.

This is where you got it all wrong. Jesus said that a man & his wife shall cleave together & the "two" shall become "one flesh".

Certainly, Polygamy is not in this equation that involves only "two".
Re: Yul Edochie To Critics: I Will Sort Out Issues In My Family Amicably by AntiChristian: 3:37pm On May 02, 2022
rockcitie:

This is where you got it all wrong. Jesus said that a man & his wife shall cleave together & the "two" shall become "one flesh".

Certainly, Polygamy is not in this equation that involves only "two".

He said that while addressing a question on divorce not polygamy.

Jesus knew God himself gave David more wives. God does not make mistakes.
Re: Yul Edochie To Critics: I Will Sort Out Issues In My Family Amicably by rockcitie: 4:47pm On May 02, 2022
AntiChristian:

He said that while addressing a question on divorce not polygamy.

Jesus knew God himself gave David more wives. God does not make mistakes.

Yeah, in the old testament, David was polygamous but all that changed after Jesus came. If you're in doubt read 1 Corinthians 7:2 where the scripture admonishes each person to have his own wife or her own husband.
Re: Yul Edochie To Critics: I Will Sort Out Issues In My Family Amicably by AntiChristian: 7:45pm On May 02, 2022
rockcitie:

Yeah, in the old testament, David was polygamous but all that changed after Jesus came. If you're in doubt read 1 Corinthians 7:2 where the scripture admonishes each person to have his own wife or her own husband.

David was polygamous and God in the old testament specially gave him more wives. God even said he could have given him more.

This expressly says polygamy was permitted by God in the absence of where God expressly forbids it for all.

Paul addresses the head of churches in Corinthians it was never a general rule.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3JS Hotel Honours Rayce With A Pool Party In Abuja (photos)‎ / Photos From Ubi Franklin’s 31st Birthday Party / Simi Met Her First Love At The Age 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.