Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,460 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:30 AM

At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? (24680 Views)

Slippers: At What Age Did You Learn To Wear It Right? Picture Attached / Finally!! I Moved Out Of My Parents House!! / Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by DevPete: 7:49pm On May 02, 2022
flexyrule:
Boy. Don't quote me and say nonsense.

You are a product of a dysfunctional home.

You left home because circumstances were not fair to you.

Good for you that you learnt a skill and you're trying to find your feet. If you would be honest with yourself, you will agree with me that no 17 to 20 year old without any skill or experience will survive this deadly economy.

Don't come and here and sound as if you left heaven to go and survive the streets of Lagos looking for free WiFi and solar energy.

As honest as you are you categorized them as being either into fraudulent activities or rituals, what's the difference between you and Nigerian police that sees flashy items as indicator of a scammer?

Well, I have told you my own and if that's fraud or ritual to you but instead of you to reply me, you resort to calling me BOY looking for free WIFI lol.

Enjoy your bubble while it last.
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by David17D: 9:13pm On May 02, 2022
Japa to where??

Exkandayee:
I left@21 after I droped out in final year ,then I japa...
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by BigDaddyP(m): 9:43pm On May 02, 2022

Cos I became very mature early and got married at age 20.

Our eldest daughter is 18 already and about to write JAMB. I am a judiary staff while my wife is a police officer. We already have 4 grown up kids in their early and late teens..

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by yunglegend99(m): 9:56pm On May 02, 2022
at 21 since 2yrs ago bt man never still stand up till now. No job no skill, i want to start keke driving but who go empower me na? I'm faithful in balancing

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by stracey(m): 10:06pm On May 02, 2022
Chat me up
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by stracey(m): 10:09pm On May 02, 2022
[quote author=BoredBerry post=112421269]I would love to leave... I'm 19... Anyone who would like to share an apartment? Abuja... undecided[/quoteo]

Chat me up
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by cenmysterio: 10:26pm On May 02, 2022
You see I have always been a fan of "Do what works for you" and never compare someone's situation with yours, that's the irony of life. What Mr.A is doing or going through is different from that of Mr. B, these are simple life rules that people never embrace or fail to understand.

In my own case, I am 32 and still in my father's house not because I cannot stay on my own but because for certain reasons.

Reasons

1. Our family house is in Lagos and my father works and lives in P.H in a 4-bedroom flat, he was staying alone until I joined him after my NYSC 6 years ago.
2. He needs someone to help him run around and do certain things because he is so busy (a director in a company).
3. I am also working and use the opportunity to save money and plan ahead, I also contribute to feeding ourselves on monthly basis.
4. I am completely independent financially.
5. I am not the type that chases women, drinks, or goes clubbing rather I focus on building myself by doing courses related to my field and also a freelancer.
6. The only benefit I enjoy is that I do not pay house rent, and why should I be rushing to pack out when there are empty rooms no one is occupying.

So you see, for me, these are the reasons I am still in my father's house and I am not pressured to go and marry and all that but using this opportunity to save and plan for the future.

Everyone has a different scenario and should be wise to choose what would work for him/her and not because you just want the freedom to frolic around and do stupid things.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by juman(m): 10:27pm On May 02, 2022
At 18, at 19.
In nigeria o. Not europe or america.
I believe many of those comments are liars.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by silverkings: 12:19am On May 03, 2022
cherryCola:

That doesn't stop you from being a fvcking truck
driver tongue.

The land you bought and the house you build was
from all the thieves and cutting you guys made,
So stop making it sounds as if is from your salary undecided .
both you and people that liked your post are very foolish. Honestly I'm ashamed of you
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by sakssey23: 2:30am On May 03, 2022
cherryCola:

Lol......cheesy.

I didn't got life easier bro, I started working in building and
fancy blocks factory when I was just 15, there are some days I have to load ten thousand blocks on a tipper.

Am not looking down on his job, it just piss me off
hearing he wasted four years in school just to get a job that 90% of the driver's can't even brag of a complete SSCE angry .

You still don't get it. Regardless, na he hustles...
Every person defer. Imagine if that guy applies to trucking companies in Canada or the USA, and he gets the job. Then he own done settle.

Truckers make money in North American countries. Do your research and find out. Truckers were given 100k dolls (free money) in Canada during hot Covid season.. Someone told me. Then they even find Truckers FYI.
That guy should know what he has o and find his way if he wants to shaa...

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by yunglegend99(m): 6:40am On May 03, 2022
stracey:
Chat me up
are u refering to me or the op?
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by cherryCola: 8:29am On May 03, 2022
sakssey23:

You still don't get it. Regardless, na he hustles...
Every person defer. Imagine if that guy applies to trucking companies in Canada or the USA, and he gets the job. Then he own done settle.

Truckers make money in North American countries. Do your research and find out. Truckers were given 100k dolls (free money) in Canada during hot Covid season.. Someone told me. Then they even find Truckers FYI.
That guy should know what he has o and find his way if he wants to shaa...

Oga I don't have problem with someone being a truck
driver, the mistake he made was going to uni that's all.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by cherryCola: 8:32am On May 03, 2022
dettolgel:

We have to appreciate that everyone has an important rule to play in making our lives easier.

Imagine you going out to hustle for your money. By the end of the day when you get home and you turn on the shower to wash and water comes out (because the guy responsible did his job) you take a nice bath.

Then open your fridge to grab a drink (there is a cold drink because the truck driver that deliver drink from the brewery to resellers did their job. It was cold because the electricity company guy did their job) and set in front of your TV and have a relaxed evening.

After a while you realise that you really feel like having pasta and sardines so you went out to grab one from the store (yes it was your money but then you are chilled because the truck guys that usually deliver this goods from far away place were able to do their job) and then you went home. Made yourself a nice meal and enjoyed it peace.

After a while you slept off and your phone rang around 11 am. You home asked you to block them at the city center for some cold bear and to catch up with after a long week.

You look at the time it was almost mid night but you cleaned, dressed up ready to leave and realised that the time was some minutes pass 12 am.

But then you are not worried but the street is safe you can actually walked around anytime you want without fear of harassment (because the police are doing their jobs diligently. The govt are also doing theirs by not only providing jobs but also providing opportunities for those that wants to run their own business to do so successfully. Hence the very low crime rate).

Yes you hustle your money but it takes others to do their job diligently for you to enjoy the sweet of your hustle.

Yes our stores will be empty if not for the truck drivers that work hard day and night.

If the other guys refuse to do their job, they are million replacement waiting, if the truck driver's refuse to do their job we have millions of replacement.

So again not my business undecided .

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by dettolgel: 9:19am On May 03, 2022
cherryCola:

If the other guys refuse to do their job, they are million replacement waiting, if the truck driver's refuse to do their job we have millions of replacement.

So again not my business undecided .

Well you missed the point but I will play along with you in your muddy water.

Since I was born nepa or whatever you called them have be providing shabby services even with the millions willing to take their place. Why haven't you guys replace them all?

Likewise your water board, I don't know which state you come from but I am sure that half of your state do not have access public water services. When are you going to replace them so as to have access to potable water?

I am also certain that your politicians have been doing shabby jobs and with the millions waiting in line to replace them like you said so why ain't you replacing them with good hands?

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by dettolgel: 9:22am On May 03, 2022
cherryCola:

Oga I don't have problem with someone being a truck
driver, the mistake he made was going to uni that's all.

How is it a mistake?

I know someone that right from year one told me after graduation he is going join his father buying and selling business. I asked him then why waste four year here he said he wanted to be educated.

Going to uni is not just to get a job thereafter it is an avenue for a life long education that is meant to expand your mind.

Ironically most graduates almost missed that point.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by cherryCola: 9:51am On May 03, 2022
dettolgel:

Well you missed the point but I will play along with you in your muddy water.

Since I was born nepa or whatever you called them have be providing shabby services even with the millions willing to take their place. Why haven't you guys replace them all?

Likewise your water board, I don't know which state you come from but I am sure that half of your state do not have access public water services. When are you going to replace them so as to have access to potable water?

I am also certain that your politicians have been doing shabby jobs and with the millions waiting in line to replace them like you said so why ain't you replacing them with good hands?

Nope I did my job well, So i can afford a generator
and buy fuel anytime I want to.

I did my job well too so I can afford to dig a borehole
and pump water anytime it finishes, ooh before I forget,
I only drink bottle water at worst sachet water. I was able to afford all this because I did my job diligently.
Can you say the same for them ?, no.

Because their employer's (we) are not willing to replace them.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by MikeofKd(m): 11:31am On May 03, 2022
BoredBerry:
Thank you... Ofcourse... Depends on the location... I'm in abuja... I need somewhere close to gwagalada...

Oops sorry I don’t live close to gwags
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by MikeofKd(m): 11:33am On May 03, 2022
Integrity1992:

Can I know more about it, I am interested.

Yeah drop your number
Pls note depending on preferred location houses in Abuja are quite expensive

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by dettolgel: 12:39pm On May 03, 2022
cherryCola:

Nope I did my job well, So i can afford a generator
and buy fuel anytime I want to.

I did my job well too so I can afford to dig a borehole
and pump water anytime it finishes, ooh before I forget,
I only drink bottle water at worst sachet water. I was able to afford all this because I did my job diligently.
Can you say the same for them ?, no.

Because their employer's (we) are not willing to replace them.

That is the problem. If everyone should do their job well like you did your you shouldn't be buying generator or looking for power to pump water after a hard day's work.

If everyone so their job well at the end of the day you don't have to worry about those other things because those are the responsibility of someone else.

If you live in countries where people respect and take their jobs seriously you don't have to do theirs in whatever form.

You go home you flip your switch and there light you turn the tap and there is water no extra stress for you.

So you see how it becomes your business?

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Bouncing2(m): 9:01pm On May 03, 2022
Revolution2022:
A student shouldn't be part of this topic because you are not working.Definitely,one or two persons are assistant you with cash.
Mm
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Bouncing2(m): 9:04pm On May 03, 2022
Revolution2022:
A student shouldn't be part of this topic because you are not working.Definitely,one or two persons are assistant you with cash.
I'm just a football acad student mahn..
What gave you the notion that we ain't getting cash
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Karleb(m): 11:04pm On May 03, 2022
Elsueno:
undecided

To leave & go where?

I am not married or anything, why da hell would I add financial burden on my self when I got where to stay, food to eat & no bills to pay?

In fact even if I get married, I would make sure my house is very very close to my parents...grin

Ride on!

Reading through the thread just shows one thing, a lot of parents have failed their children.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Karleb(m): 11:07pm On May 03, 2022
juman:
At 18, at 19.
In nigeria o. Not europe or america.
I believe many of those comments are liars.

They are not lying. Some even leave their parents' younger than that.

Reason remains, a lot of parents are very useless.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by juman(m): 12:53am On May 04, 2022
Karleb:

They are not lying. Some even leave their parents' younger than that.

Reason remains, a lot of parents are very useless.

Really.
Surprise.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Dollywood(m): 4:26am On May 04, 2022
siofra:
I want to leave soon but my parents say they will arrest me if I leave. Is it possible?

Lmaooooo cheesy
Are you serious?
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Dollywood(m): 5:04am On May 04, 2022
nuroegbu:
I stay in a 2bedroom, we could share if it's fine.. I'm in Abuja

You don't do same if it was a guy like you. Simp.
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by siofra(f): 8:00am On May 04, 2022
Dollywood:

Lmaooooo cheesy
Are you serious?

Yes. My dad said he'd call the police on me. I wonder why.
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Dollywood(m): 8:51am On May 04, 2022
siofra:

Yes. My dad said he'd call the police on me. I wonder why.

Lmaooooo grin This funny asl. He's being overprotective. Because you're a girl, and you not being under their roof means freedom to do whatever you like. That means you get to have boys coming over and getting you pounded. Due to the consequences, he's making sure you don't move under his roof. If you're 18 and above then he's bluffing about the Police shit. Even the Police will tell him that you're an adult.
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by siofra(f): 8:55am On May 04, 2022
Dollywood:

Lmaooooo grin This funny asl. He's being overprotective. Because you're a girl, and you not being under their roof means freedom to do whatever you like. That means you get to have boys coming over and getting you pounded. Due to the consequences, he's making sure you don't move under his roof. If you're 18 and above then he's bluffing about the Police shit. Even the Police will tell him that you're an adult.

Oh. He doesn't know me then.

I'm well over 18. I'm almost done with uni. I'm only waiting patiently to finish then japa.
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Dollywood(m): 9:06am On May 04, 2022
siofra:

Oh. He doesn't know me then.

I'm well over 18. I'm almost done with uni. I'm only waiting patiently to finish then japa.

Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Nobody: 2:23pm On May 04, 2022
Fiscus105:

No wonder criminal elements are on geometric progression.

90% of them are from Wretched & Broken homes. Those homes you'll have Father, Mother & 8 Children living In Just a Single Room at Bariga, Mushin, Oworonshoki, Surulere, Ojuelegba, Ajegunle, Ojota, Oshodi, Agbado Ijaiye Just to mention a few. No loving, reasonable, responsible and well to do parents will allow their children leave their house at a premature age. You will never find such thing......
Re: At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 04, 2022
Fiscus105:

Wen u stay in school hostel even in university, u re still much under the care of ur parents.

I repeat, you and ur friends that left home immediately after secondary sch are reason crime rates are increasing.

When a teenager left under the care of his parents without tangible job to bring income to cater for him....... surely you will result to hooliganism, stealing, cultism, yahoo and ritual that many of you are into in recent time, as a result of failed parenting.

Thank you for this, They will deny It. Most of them will claim they are Into bitcoin, giftcard, programming, blah blah. Well the truth Is I don't really blame them to be sincere. Nigeria Is under "heavy curse and spell" Their parents and most of the useless good for nothing elders of this useless nation are the Primary Genesis of all these Woes.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Men Who Are Not Sexually Satisfied With Their Wives... / What Can Make You Turn Your Partner's Intimacy Approach Down? / Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.