Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,143 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Tinubu Vs Osinbajo: Lagos, Ogun Likely Decided, Battle Line Drawn In Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Vs Osinbajo: Lagos, Ogun Likely Decided, Battle Line Drawn In Others (29564 Views)

Finance Minister Zainab vs Communication Minister Pantami: Battle Line Drawn / Tinubu Vs Osinbajo: One Of Them Will Be The President Of Nigeria 2023 (Opinion) / See The Difference Between Atiku Visit To Ilorin Vs Osinbajo (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Vs Osinbajo: Lagos, Ogun Likely Decided, Battle Line Drawn In Others by Forzs: 10:49am On May 01, 2022

In the most audacious attempt at monetizing the country’s democracy, the All Progressives Congress, APC, last week, fixed the price for its presidential nomination and expression of interest forms at N100 million.

The development practically fenced off the aspiration of many political actors.

Also affected were the young who do not have the grace of having been born to any of the political tycoons who have steered the nation these past years.

However, it was no barrier to political godfathers themselves. What was supposed to be a disincentive has rather lured many more political actors into the fray. Indeed, the APC forms market may end up becoming the most profitable economic venture of the Muhammadu Buhari administration.

So profitable has it been that a whopping $75,000 belonging to an unknown political trader allegedly disappeared from the national secretariat sometime last week.

Among those who showed interest in the APC presidential ticket after the N100 million forms were announced was Governor Ben Ayade of Cross River State.

After indicating his interest and purchasing the forms, he declared that he would not mind stepping down once President Muhammadu Buhari and the party urge him to so do. Another person who has shown interest is Senator Ibikunle Amosun who has, in the past, been labelled Buhari’s closest confidant from the South-West.

Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State is also expected to formally declare after the sallah holidays. He had, in the past, been dubbed as the candidate of the governors. Though he has the majority of the governors behind him, he has, however, lost the momentum that he had months ago.

Senator Ken Nnamani, at the weekend, also formally declared. He added to the number from the South-East which includes Senator Chris Ngige, Senator Rochas Okorocha and Mr Emeka Nwajiuba. An attempt by Mr Rotimi Amaechi to incline himself towards the South-East has been firmly rebuffed as he is now left to wear the South-South toga. The prospects of Timipire Sylva, Minister of State for Petroleum, remain in unchartered waters.

Multiplication of Aspirants and Tinubu

However, the large number of aspirants has not in any way removed the position of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu as the man to beat in the contest. For a man who declared the presidency as his life ambition, and with the machine available to him, it is no surprise, from outside, that the permutations on him remain almost unassailable.

For those in the camp of the former Lagos governor, it would be tempting to believe that the emergence of folks like Ayade, Nnamani and maybe Amosun could be seen as little bother.

After all, associates of the Jagaban could assure themselves that these recent day entrants do not have the political structure to rely on. Indeed, they may even believe that the increased number would help add verve to a game that they expect Tinubu to win.

Meanwhile, sources have now revealed that any such optimism in the camp of Tinubu would be foolhardy as the deluge of aspirants is all part of the game to checkmate the National Leader.

After insisting on expressing his democratic right despite the body language of the system in Abuja that he should withdraw, the plan is to now use Tinubu’s own medicine against him.

In the first place, Tinubu is about to be relegated to the second place in the South-West with the possible emergence of Fayemi on Tuesday or Wednesday. With Ogun State now firmly in Osinbajo’s hands, Lagos firmly in Asiwaju’s grip, the remaining states apparently still open are Ekiti, Ondo and Osun.

Ekiti and Ondo are likely to go together for Fayemi while Osun, which ordinarily had been in the hands of Asiwaju, has a new power player in the person of Senator Iyiola Omisore, the National Secretary of the APC.

Given insinuations at the last National Convention where it was alleged that the Asiwaju Camp did not back Omisore’s bid for National Secretary until the last minute, the prospect of a hit back is not impossible.

As one top APC member asked, how will Omisore forsake Fayemi who pushed for his nomination to support Tinubu?

Now, it is against the background of the deluge of aspirants that the party would impress it on all aspirants to come out with a consensus.

Nigerians would remember how Buhari insisted on the insertion of the consensus option while the Electoral Act was in the making and how Speaker Femi Gbajabiamila (a Tinubu ally) appeared to stonewall.

Somehow, whoever that consensus candidate is, would definitely not be Tinubu fitting in with the plot against the 2023 aspiration of the APC National Leader.

Tinubu, expectedly, would reject if the consensus candidate does not happen to be him. It is against that backdrop that all the other aspirants would be asked, in the interest of party unity, to step down, just as aspirants for various offices were made to step down during the National Convention. Indicative of this projection, Ayade has already showed his willingness to step down even before being asked.

At the end, it would likely leave two aspirants standing: the consensus candidate and Tinubu. It would now boil down to a straight battle in most probably a direct primary.

Willy-nilly, readers would remember the direct primary that was used against Akinwunmi Ambode when he was seeking re-election in 2015 in Lagos. Remodeling that at the national level, writing the result and announcing it while voters are still at the polls would not be difficult! That would indeed be the climax of the plot against the 2023 life ambition of Tinubu.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/05/tinubu-vs-osinbajo-lagos-ogun-likely-decided-battle-line-drawn-in-oyo-ekiti-ondo/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Vs Osinbajo: Lagos, Ogun Likely Decided, Battle Line Drawn In Others by MikoB: 10:49am On May 01, 2022
PYO all the way to victory,, the naija lazy journalists will even be shocked as to the level of Osinbajo's acceptance, and the direction of where the pendulum is swinging.

1864 Likes 93 Shares

Re: Tinubu Vs Osinbajo: Lagos, Ogun Likely Decided, Battle Line Drawn In Others by lathrowinger: 11:11am On May 01, 2022
MikoB:
PYO all the way to victory,, the naija lazy journalists will even be shocked as to the level of VP's acceptance, by the time they realised where the pendulum swings.

Nice1, atleast losers suppose get ihn own candidate... Its norm

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Vs Osinbajo: Lagos, Ogun Likely Decided, Battle Line Drawn In Others by Nigerialabalaba: 11:15am On May 01, 2022
MikoB:
PYO all the way to victory,, the naija lazy journalists will even be shocked as to the level of VP's acceptance, by the time they realised where the pendulum swings.
omo ibo, you are doing well grin u go wail tire later wen u see d landslide victory of Jagaban

85 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Tinubu Vs Osinbajo: Lagos, Ogun Likely Decided, Battle Line Drawn In Others by MikoB: 11:26am On May 01, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

omo ibo, you are doing well grin u go wail tire later wen u see d landslide victory of Jagaban

I am more yoruba than yourself, so Osinbajo is igbo? You guys think Tinubu is yorubas' project, I don't blame you anyway, probably you are living in lagos and unfortunately even lagos is a dissapointment when it comes to good governance, you can imagine a state with a bigger gdp than that of Oslo and many other European cities capitals, cannot even boast of tarred roads all over , talkless of other modern infrastructural facilities,I am yoruba that doesn't make me to be blind to the truth. And with Osinbajo as the president, Lagos will be liberated from the hand of one man sitting on the destiny of over 20 million lagosians, imagine lagos Governor couldn't start and complete over 6km Road at a stretch all the roads he has commissioned are less than 7km at a stretch , is that not a shame? Whereas, akwa ibom governor commissioned over 25km of Road at a stretch recently, where is lagos money going? Ti iro balo loogun odun ijo kan ni otito maba.

1795 Likes 68 Shares

Re: Tinubu Vs Osinbajo: Lagos, Ogun Likely Decided, Battle Line Drawn In Others by Tulsaguy: 11:27am On May 01, 2022
I can read between the lines. I am not a prophet or soothsayer but I understand politics to an extent.

Tinubu & Osinbajo can NEVER break rank. You can take that to the bank. Osinbajo is either working for Tinubu's emergency or Tinubu is working for Osinbajo's emergency.

Do you think suddenly, I meant all of a sudden DANGOTE TRAILER will just easily pass through the midst Jagaban and the Starboy Osinbajo, Tinubu's Attorney General for 8 years or so? THINK AGAIN!

It's one of these two that's happening:

1. Tinubu knew clearly he would have opposition from within. He plans for betrayal even from you even if you are in bed with him. He definitely knew almost all of them that formed APCheat are ambitious criminals, who want to rule Nigeria by any means. He could have asked Osinbajo to get in the race, to mop up delegates who are pro-Osinbajo for himself during the primary. It's just to tell them who to vote for while the star boy back out. grin

Difficult right? Doesn't even make sense huummm? Don't underestimate Jagaban.

2. Tinubu may have intention to run, but back out to support Osinbajo candidacy. But as a bad ass political juggernaut, having sample the pulse of Nigerians, & the cabal that don't want him, due to this thinking that he won't be easily controlled and the fact that there is an aura of thievery around him, he might have been in the race to protect his star boy. Knowing fully well that the power that be in the North want AMECHI, and other interests who would want to create problems for his primed joker.

Jagaban won't step down, so that people don't code his game plan, APCheat will do the primary and he will lose to Osinbajo. He would publicly accept the results and declared support for who the party elected at the primary (the star boy). In fact, Many of us here in Nairalan will hail him for being a party man. It's all part of the game.

But I tell you with pin point accuracy, SW will be represented on the APCheat ticket. Even you cannot trust Ayo Adebanjo of PDP, Jagaban has his receipts.

Politics is a game in Nigeria.

Hint:

1. SanwoOlu, Lagos houseboy was in Osinbajo's residency along with other APC Governors on SUNDAY night before Starboy declared to run. Remember, you all saw him declared early morning the following day.

2. SanwoOlu, the Lagos Houseboy stood right behind Tinubu on MONDAY when he made the infamous remarks that he doesn't have a son old enough to contest against him in the APC primary. That's a day after hobnobbing with Osinbajo the star boy.

Does SanwoOlu has the liver to dance to both drum beats from Jagaban and Osinbajo on opposing sides.? You answer is as good as mine.

I leave you to imagine what Obasa and his house of assembly would have used to welcome him from Abuja.

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu Vs Osinbajo: Lagos, Ogun Likely Decided, Battle Line Drawn In Others by richiemcgold: 11:45am On May 01, 2022
All these permutations will still fail when money comes in. There is going to be a divided loyalty at the end of the day. Not all aspirants will eventually step down for buhari's choice; some will opt for tinubu. ..And not all delegates will vote buhari's choice. Money and naija politics are like 5&6. Money can induce treachery and displace loyalty. Except the issues of money influence is quickly addressed NOW by the party, Tinubu will win.

..the only other option to dislodge tinubu is for Adamu to rig the primary.

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs Osinbajo: Lagos, Ogun Likely Decided, Battle Line Drawn In Others by drmuchin: 12:16pm On May 01, 2022
GAME OF THRONES!
Which HOUSE would u place your bets on?
1 month to D-DAY.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs Osinbajo: Lagos, Ogun Likely Decided, Battle Line Drawn In Others by helinues: 12:32pm On May 01, 2022
Nothing as such

And make people remember we are yet to make use of Lagos-Ibadan expressway media for 2023 election..

Too many Joker cards

grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs Osinbajo: Lagos, Ogun Likely Decided, Battle Line Drawn In Others by Mooh247: 12:33pm On May 01, 2022
cool
Re: Tinubu Vs Osinbajo: Lagos, Ogun Likely Decided, Battle Line Drawn In Others by greymiles: 12:33pm On May 01, 2022
MikoB:

I am more yoruba than yourself, so Osinbajo is igbo? You guys think Tinubu's is yorubas' project, I don't blame you anyway, probably you are living in lagos and unfortunately even lagos is a dissapointment when it comes to good governance, you can imagine a state with a bigger gdp than that of Oslo and many other European cities capitals, cannot even boast of tarred roads all over , talkless of other modern infrastructural facilities,I am yoruba that doesn't make me to be blind to the truth. And with Osinbajo as the president, Lagos will be liberated from the hand of one man sitting on the destiny of over 20 million lagosians, imagine lagos Governor couldn't start and complete over 6km Road at a stretch all the roads he has commissioned are less than 7km at a stretch , is that not a shame? Whereas, akwa ibom governor commissioned over 29km of Road at a stretch recently, where is lagos money going?
You sound igbotic

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Vs Osinbajo: Lagos, Ogun Likely Decided, Battle Line Drawn In Others by JoeEeL(m): 12:33pm On May 01, 2022
greymiles:

You sound igbotic

It is already over for people like you with that failed old-fashioned method of trying to victimize sound Yorubas like us who say no to Tinubu, Oloshibanjo or any other zoo politician for that matter.

All of you are the same. We know some of you TSG and SWAGA bots are already licking your lips on the prospect of entering power to continue the plundering of the fake nation. We know you guys don't love the true omokos and omoluabis anyways.

So all those your depraved expired "Igbo"/ "IPOB" labelling na for una pocket.

In fact, true omo Yorubas should be swearing for people like you who keep endorsing those who have made our lives a living hell. I'm sure you saw the protest in Lagos Island against elections in the zoo. I'm sure you saw true robust Ondo indigenes pursuing away their politician. Maybe those ones are IPOB too.

E o ni jeere, gbogbo enyin akotileta!

Yoruba nation straight!

27 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs Osinbajo: Lagos, Ogun Likely Decided, Battle Line Drawn In Others by GreenCovering: 12:33pm On May 01, 2022
This comparison only serves to bring up Osinbajo's name for mention lest it be forgotten. It is not a fair comparison because he doesn't stand any chance against Jagaban.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Vs Osinbajo: Lagos, Ogun Likely Decided, Battle Line Drawn In Others by Invictuse: 12:33pm On May 01, 2022
Re: Tinubu Vs Osinbajo: Lagos, Ogun Likely Decided, Battle Line Drawn In Others by Invictuse: 12:34pm On May 01, 2022
grin
Re: Tinubu Vs Osinbajo: Lagos, Ogun Likely Decided, Battle Line Drawn In Others by Throwback: 12:34pm On May 01, 2022
Osinbajo vs Tinubu is a win win situation for either camp.

601 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs Osinbajo: Lagos, Ogun Likely Decided, Battle Line Drawn In Others by NotBeenPaid: 12:34pm On May 01, 2022

Ben Ayade would likely not get up to 10 votes in Cross River. Majority of Cross Riverians don't like him because he has singlehandedly destroyed the State.
Re: Tinubu Vs Osinbajo: Lagos, Ogun Likely Decided, Battle Line Drawn In Others by princdebola201(m): 12:34pm On May 01, 2022
Stop reading after the junk permutation says osun is no longer in the hands of Asiwaju because of omisore Emergencecheesy

612 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Vs Osinbajo: Lagos, Ogun Likely Decided, Battle Line Drawn In Others by Shadysen: 12:34pm On May 01, 2022
None of my biz
Re: Tinubu Vs Osinbajo: Lagos, Ogun Likely Decided, Battle Line Drawn In Others by Godstiming(m): 12:35pm On May 01, 2022
Okay
Re: Tinubu Vs Osinbajo: Lagos, Ogun Likely Decided, Battle Line Drawn In Others by RaptObserver: 12:35pm On May 01, 2022
APC should not be allowed to return to power next year. No political party should be allowed to rule more than eight years going forward. Even though there is no remarkable difference for now but that is the only way democracy will grow and a clear cut idealogy will be developed over time. Secondly, if Tinubu should become the president he will promote thuggery to the national level. Though, I don't see Tinubu winning the primaries considering religion as a huge factor, age, penchant for promoting servitude among public servants, etc

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs Osinbajo: Lagos, Ogun Likely Decided, Battle Line Drawn In Others by mctech(m): 12:35pm On May 01, 2022
Interesting times ahead. Welcome to a May of surprises.
Re: Tinubu Vs Osinbajo: Lagos, Ogun Likely Decided, Battle Line Drawn In Others by Ologundudu2020: 12:35pm On May 01, 2022
I lost my appetite on all the aspirants, with these names I’m hearing, I found out that we can’t see no better than them, that is, we deserve our leaders. When I no mad, why would I come out as a youth to vote these ones.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs Osinbajo: Lagos, Ogun Likely Decided, Battle Line Drawn In Others by MonkeyMods(m): 12:36pm On May 01, 2022
Q
Re: Tinubu Vs Osinbajo: Lagos, Ogun Likely Decided, Battle Line Drawn In Others by STEWpid(f): 12:36pm On May 01, 2022
So..?
Re: Tinubu Vs Osinbajo: Lagos, Ogun Likely Decided, Battle Line Drawn In Others by Mewhizzp(m): 12:37pm On May 01, 2022
Tulsaguy:
I can read between the lines. I am not a prophet or soothsayer but I understand politics to an extent.

Tinubu & Osinbajo can NEVER break rank. You can take that to the bank. Osinbajo is either working for Tinubu's emergency or Tinubu is working for Osinbajo's emergency.

Do you think suddenly, I meant all of a sudden DANGOTE TRAILER will just easily pass through the midst Jagaban and the Starboy Osinbajo, Tinubu's Attorney General for 8 years or so? THINK AGAIN!

It's one of these two that's happening:

1. Tinubu knew clearly he would have opposition from within. He plans for betrayal even from you even if you are in bed with him. He definitely knew almost all of them that formed APCheat are ambitious criminals, who want to rule Nigeria by any means. He would have asked Osinbajo to get in the race, to mop up delegates who are pro-Osinbajo for himself during the primary. It's just to tell them who to vote for while the star boy back out. grin

Difficult right? Doesn't even make sense huummm? Don't underestimate Jagaban.

2. Tinubu may have intention to run, but back out to support Osinbajo candidacy. But as a bad ass political juggernaut, having sample the pulse of Nigerians, & the cabal that don't want him, due to this thinking that he won't be easily controlled and the fact that there is an aura of thievery around him, he might have been in the race to protect his star boy. Knowing fully well that the power that be in the North want AMECHI, and other interests who would want to create problems for his primed joker.

Jagaban won't step down, so that people don't code his game plan, APCheat will do the primary and he will lose to Osinbajo. He would publicly accept the results and declared support for who the party elected at the primary (the star boy). In fact, Many of us here in Nairalan will hail him for being a party man. It's all part of the game.

But I tell you with pin point accuracy, SW will be represented on the APCheat ticket. Even you cannot trust Ayo Adebanjo of PDP, Jagaban has his receipts.

Politics is a game in Nigeria.

Hint:

1. SanwoOlu, Lagos houseboy was in Osinbajo's residency along with other APC Governors on SUNDAY night before Starboy declared to run. Remember, you all saw him declared early morning the following day.

2. SanwoOlu, the Lagos Houseboy stood right behind Tinubu on MONDAY when he made the infamous remarks that he doesn't have a son old enough to contest against him in the APC primary. That's a day after hobnobbing with Osinbajo the star boy.

Does SanwoOlu has the liver to dance to both drum beats from Jagaban and Osinbajo on opposing sides.? You answer is as good as mine.

I leave you to imagine what Obasa and his house of assembly would have used to welcome him from Abuja.

Dude Slow down
Re: Tinubu Vs Osinbajo: Lagos, Ogun Likely Decided, Battle Line Drawn In Others by iampeterben(m): 12:37pm On May 01, 2022
None deserve the seat only GEJ should return back.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Osinbajo: Lagos, Ogun Likely Decided, Battle Line Drawn In Others by Haykinx98(m): 12:37pm On May 01, 2022
I love how the person speaking didn't even bother to mention Oyo.LOL

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs Osinbajo: Lagos, Ogun Likely Decided, Battle Line Drawn In Others by Anitatunde(f): 12:38pm On May 01, 2022
we are watching
Re: Tinubu Vs Osinbajo: Lagos, Ogun Likely Decided, Battle Line Drawn In Others by Invictuse: 12:39pm On May 01, 2022
Nobody ask you to wail over this thread take this foolish comment to your father in hell to masturbate over.

MikoB:

I am more yoruba than yourself, so Osinbajo is igbo? You guys think Tinubu is yorubas' project, I don't blame you anyway, probably you are living in lagos and unfortunately even lagos is a dissapointment when it comes to good governance, you can imagine a state with a bigger gdp than that of Oslo and many other European cities capitals, cannot even boast of tarred roads all over , talkless of other modern infrastructural facilities,I am yoruba that doesn't make me to be blind to the truth. And with Osinbajo as the president, Lagos will be liberated from the hand of one man sitting on the destiny of over 20 million lagosians, imagine lagos Governor couldn't start and complete over 6km Road at a stretch all the roads he has commissioned are less than 7km at a stretch , is that not a shame? Whereas, akwa ibom governor commissioned over 29km of Road at a stretch recently, where is lagos money going?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

APC Presidential Rally Taraba State (Photos) / Remi Tinubu: I Fight For Myself, I Don’t Report Anyone To Jagaban / Army Detains Policemen Without Food For Refusing To Wear Military Uniform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.