Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,900 members, 7,824,775 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

5 Ways To Get His Attention In 72 Seconds - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Ways To Get His Attention In 72 Seconds (3347 Views)

10 Powerful Tips On How To Attract Any Man(get His Attention) / How To Make A Guy Jealous And Get His Attention / Angry And Frustrated!: How Do I Get His Attention? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Ways To Get His Attention In 72 Seconds by Nobody: 2:22am On Jul 11, 2011
Some tips from an interesting article I found on Yahoo that I wanted to share:

-----

1. Wear something red
You can do something to command attention before you even leave the house by putting on a fetching red sweater or dress. A study recently published in British Psychological Society Research Digest shows that humans are attracted to the color red. Researchers found that when a woman wears the ever-popular crimson hue, men sit closer to her and ask more intimate questions. Lead researcher, Daniela Niesta Kayser, Ph.D., says: “I wanted to demonstrate that despite social psychological factors that are known to impede acting on one’s attraction to someone (e.g., shyness, lack of self-esteem, performance situation), the color red had such a powerful effect that it would overcome those barriers to real behavior.” The positive effect can also carry over into online dating, so you might want to consider posting a picture of yourself wearing red to amp up your profile’s visual appeal!

2. Work those pretty peepers
Eye contact is important, even before you introduce yourself the person you’d like to get to know better. In fact, if it’s done right, your eyes can literally bring him to you. Navarro suggests softening your features before scoping out someone cute: “Always look with a relaxed face. A smile is fine, but it’s not needed as long as the look says, ‘When I look at you I relax psychologically.’” He also advises repeating the eye-contact routine more than six times in a three-minute period to send a clear message about your intentions.

3. Speak at a natural volume
If you feel tempted to lower your voice an octave or two when you meet a good-looking man, you’re not alone. American psychologists at Pennsylvania’s Albright College and the University of Baltimore found that both men and women lower the tone of their speaking voices when they find the person they’re chatting up to be attractive. The catch is men tend to prefer feminine, melodious voices, so making any extra effort isn’t necessarily worth it. Nicholas Boothman, author of How to Make People Like You in 90 Seconds, weighs in: “Always be yourself and don’t try too hard — it’s the number one turn-off.”

4. Relax and use humor to break the ice
Perhaps the most important thing to remember is that flirting isn’t rocket science. Chances are that guy wants to meet you, too. Brian Hayford, 29, an artist in Wisconsin, says that all you need to do in order to draw him in is “smile and make a witty comment that’s funny, but not overly mean.” Steer clear of touchy subjects, like politics, when you first meet new people. Instead, joke about your surroundings or popular culture. When you’re tempted to say something ribald or outrageous to get attention, Sam Gosling suggests that you proceed with caution: “With the right cheeky glint in her eye, a woman could probably pull it off — but it would be harder [than for a man] because expectations for what counts as acceptable behavior are quite different for men and women.” Boothman agrees: “Everyone likes witty and funny/smart people, but the tone should stay lighthearted — no one likes people who are too aggressive in their opinions or use vulgar language, gestures or anecdotes.” In other words, it’s OK to let your inner Lisa Lampanelli out…but wait until after you’ve gotten to know someone first.

5. Keep your body language open
If you tend to be a bit shy, it might feel natural to cross your arms or turn slightly away from others, but people are more sensitive to these cues than you think. If you want to strike up a conversation with an attractive stranger, pay attention to the signals your body language is sending. Don’t fidget, look down, or slouch. Instead, sit or stand in a relaxed and confident manner. Kira Sabin, a professional dating coach in Wisconsin, says it’s particularly important to think about your body language when you’re talking to a friend in a crowded place. “If you are only turned toward your friend, then your body is saying, ‘we are in a closed conversation.’ With both of you facing toward the room, it says, ‘we are nice and friendly — come talk to us.’”

http://yahoo.match.com/y/article.aspx?articleid=12301&TrackingID=526103&BannerID=780072

-----

I tend to disobey a lot of these tips, mostly number one; black is my favorite color and I think it looks best on me. I might have to try red when I go out next.

For those of you who have read the excerpts from this novel article, I hope it was helpful!
Re: 5 Ways To Get His Attention In 72 Seconds by LordReed(m): 3:11am On Jul 11, 2011
Hey but you wore red in that profile pix n you looked sexky wink

Anyway you look like am arm folder, am I right?
Re: 5 Ways To Get His Attention In 72 Seconds by Nobody: 4:14am On Jul 11, 2011
Oh, you saw that? Lol. That wasn't the good kind of red though. That red was suitable for a picnic lol. I'll try wearing a deep red or wine red sef.

I am an arm folder! Apparently it's obvious lol.
Re: 5 Ways To Get His Attention In 72 Seconds by LordReed(m): 4:40am On Jul 11, 2011
Yeah you do have a lil stand-offish-ness about you.

And you really could be more sexky if you tried wink
Re: 5 Ways To Get His Attention In 72 Seconds by pleep(m): 5:14am On Jul 11, 2011
This seems like good advice. But The eye contact thing really bothers me sometimes. There's nothing more intimidating than when a tall hot girl is just staaaarig you down. So much sectual tension. . .

If she's shorter than you it's cute tho  wink
Re: 5 Ways To Get His Attention In 72 Seconds by MrsChima(f): 5:17am On Jul 11, 2011
(looking up at Pleep)
Re: 5 Ways To Get His Attention In 72 Seconds by pleep(m): 5:20am On Jul 11, 2011
grin grin grin grin so how short are you?
Re: 5 Ways To Get His Attention In 72 Seconds by MrsChima(f): 5:21am On Jul 11, 2011
By your kneecaps. embarassed
Re: 5 Ways To Get His Attention In 72 Seconds by pleep(m): 5:22am On Jul 11, 2011
Yeeesssssss perfect! cool
Re: 5 Ways To Get His Attention In 72 Seconds by pleep(m): 5:25am On Jul 11, 2011
I love midgets because you can pick them up and [i]f[/i]uck them!!! grin

haha jk i'm not that kinda guy. cool
Re: 5 Ways To Get His Attention In 72 Seconds by MrsChima(f): 5:52am On Jul 11, 2011
Damn! I thought you was kinky for a minute! shocked shocked
Re: 5 Ways To Get His Attention In 72 Seconds by pleep(m): 6:08am On Jul 11, 2011
If I married a midget I would pick her up and sex her daily. No doubt about that  kiss

heck, I could even do that to a normal sized woman!  grin
Re: 5 Ways To Get His Attention In 72 Seconds by Nobody: 6:09am On Jul 11, 2011
Lord_Reed:
Yeah you do have a lil stand-offish-ness about you.

And you really could be more sexky if you tried  wink

I don't try because I'm not ready for what they sexiness may bring. . . relationship lol.

pleep:
This seems like good advice. But The eye contact thing really bothers me sometimes. There's nothing more intimidating than when a tall hot girl is just staaaarig you down. So much sectual tension. . .

If she's shorter than you it's cute tho  wink

I too agree with the eye contact thing. It can be mighty awkward at times.
Re: 5 Ways To Get His Attention In 72 Seconds by Nobody: 6:09am On Jul 11, 2011
Zzzz. . .
Re: 5 Ways To Get His Attention In 72 Seconds by 190: 6:50am On Jul 11, 2011
Thread has lost its meaning already as a result of it already derailed

If 190 does this same thing

Its 4hrs ban straight no arguments

Mod's well done undecided
Re: 5 Ways To Get His Attention In 72 Seconds by Nobody: 6:52am On Jul 11, 2011
Only a Classy Intelligent Nigerian Lady can Inure to this Tips easily and work it out perfectly.

I wouldn't be excepting a calm and mustered high Self Esteem from a Shy Nigerian Lady, She'ld probably fidget to the point of forgetting her Shoes behind. . . Lol!
cheesy
Re: 5 Ways To Get His Attention In 72 Seconds by Nobody: 8:01am On Jul 11, 2011
Errm, Poster, After a lady tries this on me and it doesn't work, What next Should she do? Carry bottle break my head? undecided What works for you may not work for all! Nice tips for those who find it useful though! wink
Re: 5 Ways To Get His Attention In 72 Seconds by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 11, 2011
I never said it works for me. It came from a Yahoo article. I'm yet to try them myself.
Re: 5 Ways To Get His Attention In 72 Seconds by 190: 8:33am On Jul 11, 2011
ogugua88:

I never said it works for me. It came from a Yahoo article. I'm yet to try them myself.

Hmm . . .  undecided
Re: 5 Ways To Get His Attention In 72 Seconds by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 11, 2011
Any Lady trying this tips On 190 is wasting her time! angry
Re: 5 Ways To Get His Attention In 72 Seconds by MMM2(m): 10:39am On Jul 11, 2011
Open ur legs wide 4 d guy 2 see ur white g-string (if sitting down on a chair) angry
Re: 5 Ways To Get His Attention In 72 Seconds by Goldieluks: 10:40am On Jul 11, 2011
M M M:

Open your legs wide 4 d guy 2 see your white g-string (if sitting down on a chair) angry

dirty diddy. angry angry
Re: 5 Ways To Get His Attention In 72 Seconds by 190: 10:41am On Jul 11, 2011
M M M:

Open your legs wide 4 d guy 2 see your white g-string (if sitting down on a chair) angry

Gbam!! works all the time on me

OP you have heard MMM- Give it a trial

El Gualpo abi na lie i talk
Re: 5 Ways To Get His Attention In 72 Seconds by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 11, 2011
Confirm truth 190!! Dont even know why Ogugua missed out on that Tip
Re: 5 Ways To Get His Attention In 72 Seconds by 9dynasty(m): 10:49am On Jul 11, 2011
7) drive in a tight S.U.V with yansh like cherokee now that will get my attention in 12 seconds. . . ok 10 seconds
(did i mention a complexion like ogugua88's)
Re: 5 Ways To Get His Attention In 72 Seconds by MMM2(m): 10:54am On Jul 11, 2011
Goldieluks:

dirty diddy. angry angry

sister 2 dirty diddy wink cool
Re: 5 Ways To Get His Attention In 72 Seconds by MMM2(m): 11:04am On Jul 11, 2011
190:

Gbam!! works all the time on me

OP you have heard MMM- Give it a trial

El Gualpo abi na lie i talk

what of d open and close style,

dat 1 na bomb. angry
Re: 5 Ways To Get His Attention In 72 Seconds by Goldieluks: 11:06am On Jul 11, 2011
9dynasty:

7) drive in a tight S.U.V with yansh like cherokee now that will get my attention in 12 seconds. . . ok 10 seconds
(did i mention a complexion like ogugua88's)

190,i dey greet oh. grin

MMM,
tufia kwaka kwaka. angry shocked
Re: 5 Ways To Get His Attention In 72 Seconds by gwenevier: 11:10am On Jul 11, 2011
Oh well,red is ma best colour dou
Re: 5 Ways To Get His Attention In 72 Seconds by 190: 11:14am On Jul 11, 2011
Goldieluks:

190,i dey greet oh. grin

I hail - please gualpo and MMM are saying the truth bout how to get a man

yahoo are wasting their time
Re: 5 Ways To Get His Attention In 72 Seconds by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 11, 2011
Did i Eva mention bout the Lady Promising to let the Guy have her Atm and the Password for a Day? undecided
Re: 5 Ways To Get His Attention In 72 Seconds by MMM2(m): 11:33am On Jul 11, 2011
Goldieluks

Ok,
Just try dat my method on 190.   tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is Your Listening Attitude Like To The Plight Of Your Partner? / Advice / 11 Tips On How To Get Bigger Boobs NATURALLY In Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.