Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,894 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

What Can We Do For Nairaland Writers--------let's Win Together - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Can We Do For Nairaland Writers--------let's Win Together (1156 Views)

Nairaland Writers, How Are You Mentally? / Start Voting For 'Nairaland Top Writers' For 2020 ***CLOSED*** / Winners Of 2019 Nairaland Writers Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can We Do For Nairaland Writers--------let's Win Together by Divepen1(m): 4:37am On May 03, 2022
Our small world disintegrated. Not as a result of warlords or natural disasters. It was out of our longings.
Many of us wanted to conquer the world and we were right to believe we could. After all, we used to be champions in our small world- Nairaland.

I've seen many writers push their luck out of Nairaland. But it's just not working well. Only a few like Peju Amadi, Larry, and Audrey can say they're still pushing well.

Leigh has gone on to publish a book that she had pushed well. Her new book is finding its way out there. Roy Ofili too.
But it's not enough. At least, not with the numbers of viewers we have here.

What can we do to make Nairaland authors earn more?
Oh I forgot two christian romance writers- Toyin Taiwo and Serah Iyare are pushing their ways.
Superb authors used to be here but are drenched in different issues
I'm talking about the Mosquitoes ( Red and White), Sabon, Mazi, Pamel, Prettyspiceyy, Ishilovee, Badru twins, Flakkygirl, Creeza, Rock, Frank, Kayemjay, and even Mynd.

I tried to run a publishing house, but I'm alone here. I've started publishing a few Nairaland Authors like Eva Jael and Royver.
I tried to publish anthologies from Nairaland authors, but this one man show isn't helping.

I need hands.
We needs hands. Like editors, book cover designers, marketing team. But who wants to drop their time or money just for the recognition? Or to be paid later

Yet, very few people have recorded success from here.

Any ideas on what we can do?

How can you help?

Please tell us.

1 Like

Re: What Can We Do For Nairaland Writers--------let's Win Together by illicit(m): 6:23am On May 03, 2022
I write short stories

Bring back that short story competition
Re: What Can We Do For Nairaland Writers--------let's Win Together by Divepen1(m): 8:27am On May 03, 2022
illicit:
I write short stories

Bring back that short story competition
Oh that's what we use as Writertain Writers' League.

We just finished season 1...
Prepping for the song one.
Re: What Can We Do For Nairaland Writers--------let's Win Together by Seniorwriter(m): 2:39pm On May 03, 2022
Divepen1:

Oh that's what we use as Writertain Writers' League.

We just finished season 1...
Prepping for the song one.

You didn't respond appropraitely to my email sent.

@Seniorwriter
Re: What Can We Do For Nairaland Writers--------let's Win Together by Divepen1(m): 4:35pm On May 03, 2022
Seniorwriter:

You didn't respond appropraitely to my email sent.

@Seniorwriter

Done. Thanks for pointing that out.
Re: What Can We Do For Nairaland Writers--------let's Win Together by horeofe(f): 9:30pm On May 03, 2022
For the recognition and to be paid later, I will edit, rewrite and give the writers' words the beautiful touch they need.

1 Like

Re: What Can We Do For Nairaland Writers--------let's Win Together by Divepen1(m): 10:49am On May 04, 2022
horeofe:
For the recognition and to be paid later, I will edit, rewrite and give the writers' words the beautiful touch they need.

Wow... Thanks a lot for this.
Noted

1 Like

Re: What Can We Do For Nairaland Writers--------let's Win Together by ezeknov(m): 7:24am On May 05, 2022
For the recognition and to be paid later, I'm also one of the old writers of 2020. I can make your words look palatable.
Re: What Can We Do For Nairaland Writers--------let's Win Together by Seniorwriter(m): 12:05pm On May 05, 2022
Divepen1:

No issues howbeit always make it a duty to check and reply emails.

I sent another.

@Seniorwriter
Re: What Can We Do For Nairaland Writers--------let's Win Together by Divepen1(m): 3:25pm On May 05, 2022
ezeknov:
For the recognition and to be paid later, I'm also one of the old writers of 2020. I can make your words look palatable.

Thanks. Noted
Re: What Can We Do For Nairaland Writers--------let's Win Together by Sheddy5(m): 4:03pm On May 10, 2022
Divepen1:

my name was not there shocked

(1) (Reply)

Micheal Crincton ? / Jane Austen / Book Pet Peeves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.