Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Is It Normal? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Normal? (1063 Views)

Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? / My Sister Wants Traditional Marriage In The City: Is It Normal? / Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Normal? by MsJackson: 6:05am On May 03, 2022
In eight years of marriage, my mother inlaw has never called me on phone. I do ALL the calling. When I asked her why, she said I was supposed to be calling and not she calling me. I am getting fed up. please mothers and fathers in the house, is this how it's supposed to be?
Re: Is It Normal? by PussyOdour(m): 6:07am On May 03, 2022
MadamVanessa is in a better position to advice you better, but this one I am not seeing her online, e be like say she don chop ban
Re: Is It Normal? by Tony4988(m): 6:13am On May 03, 2022
Stop allowing unnecessary things to bother you. If she doesn't call, just keep doing the calling. It doesn't kill. Okay

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Normal? by illicit(m): 6:18am On May 03, 2022
She is even nice

What if she calls you too much and it bothers u?

It's better as she don't call, so u don't have call too

I don't see why u are bothered

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal? by Cutehector(m): 6:26am On May 03, 2022
I dey like this kyn mother in law wey no go dey stress me. Obviously she is rich and very busy.
Re: Is It Normal? by robinso01(m): 6:32am On May 03, 2022
To me, it's not normal, but it's OK like this than for her to be calling for something
Re: Is It Normal? by thorpido(m): 6:46am On May 03, 2022
It's not normal but you can do the calling whenever it's convenient for you.
Does she call her son?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal? by Nobody: 6:59am On May 03, 2022
Why u go dey carry this kind of matter for head??
E seems like say your problems don finish, na u dey look for problems now.
Mtchewww

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal? by Mkelv0106(m): 7:49am On May 03, 2022
This your mother in-law is a nice woman. She understand the concept of marriage, that's why she isn't interfering, and giving you space.
She not calling you at all isn't right, but the mama be like who no dey like stress person.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal? by MsJackson: 8:33am On May 03, 2022
[quote author=thorpido post=112472894]It's not normal but you can do the calling whenever it's convenient for you.
Does she call her son?[/yes she does. She just asks about the welfare of me and my daughter that's all.quote]
Re: Is It Normal? by ImaIma1(f): 8:55am On May 03, 2022
I don't think it's normal that she has never ever called you to check on you. Does she call her son (your husband)? Does she call her daughter(s)?

If she sees and accepts you as her daughter, she should be calling you. From her behaviour, you are still an outsider to her. Does she tell her own children that they should be the only ones calling her? Would a mother not check on her children?

That's my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal? by faithfull18(f): 12:03pm On May 03, 2022
If it's not broken, don't try to fix it. Some people rarely make calls, even to their parents. Lol, if they do that to their future children in-laws doesn't mean they have issues with them or do not accept them.

Just call to check on her once in a while, everybody is good.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal? by Uniquetani1(f): 12:53pm On May 03, 2022
My kind of mother in-law
Mind your business, I mind my own
Re: Is It Normal? by Nobody: 12:58pm On May 03, 2022
Better mother inlaw who no want seefinish from her daughter-in-law

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal? by Mariangeles(f): 1:21pm On May 03, 2022
MsJackson:
In eight years of marriage, my mother inlaw has never called me on phone. I do ALL the calling. When I asked her why, she said I was supposed to be calling and not she calling me. I am getting fed up. please mothers and fathers in the house, is this how it's supposed to be?

As long as she doesn't have issues with when you don't call her for quite a while, I wouldn't let it bother me if I were you.

But if it means so much to you that she calls you, tell her that it'll make you happy if she makes the effort to call you, even if it's once in a while.
It is good that you want to build that bond with her.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal? by MAGG0T(m): 1:25pm On May 03, 2022
[s]
MsJackson:
[/s]
Re: Is It Normal? by Richy4(m): 1:25pm On May 03, 2022
Some times u let sleeping dogs lie

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal? by Truvelisback(m): 2:52pm On May 03, 2022
Tony4988:
Stop allowing unnecessary things to bother you. If she doesn't call, just keep doing the calling. It doesn't kill. Okay
I no just know wetin dey worry some people brain Sha. She dey call always, u go complain, if she no call, u go still complain. She leave u make enjoy ur marriage, na u still dey bother with unnessary complain.
Re: Is It Normal? by Candidlady: 3:01pm On May 03, 2022
Truvelisback:
I no just know wetin worry some people brain Sha. She dey call always, u go complain, if she no call, u go still complain. She leave u make enjoy ur marriage, na u still dey bother with unnessary complain.

Now you know you folks got lota issues
Re: Is It Normal? by Truvelisback(m): 3:14pm On May 03, 2022
Candidlady:

Now you know you folks got lota issues
Not we all. People dey find marriage wey mother-in-law wey no go bother them or stress them with complain, him find one, still dey complain. When the woman come get him, na him go come here come dey wail.
Re: Is It Normal? by thorpido(m): 4:11pm On May 03, 2022
[quote author=MsJackson post=112475726][/quote]I have the same opinion like ImaIma1 that she sees you as an outsider and that's why she doesn't call you.Not calling often can mean she doesn't want to bother you(as a couple),but not calling at all means she doesn't send.
I wouldn't let it bother me if i were you.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal? by MsJackson: 4:57pm On May 03, 2022
ImaIma1:
I don't think it's normal that she has never ever called you to check on you. Does she call her son (your husband)? Does she call her daughter(s)?

If she sees and accepts you as her daughter, she should be calling you. From her behaviour, you are still an outsider to her. Does she tell her own children that they should be the only ones calling her? Would a mother not check on her children?

That's my opinion.
my point exactly. It just tells me the love is one sided. And I am almost locking up. Let everyone rest. If u don't ever check on me, why should I continue?
Re: Is It Normal? by ImaIma1(f): 5:10pm On May 03, 2022
MsJackson:
my point exactly. It just tells me the love is one sided. And I am almost locking up. Let everyone rest. If u don't ever check on me, why should I continue?

Have you discussed it with your husband? What does he say about it?
Re: Is It Normal? by dahmie2013: 6:48pm On May 03, 2022
I perceive you are an attention seeker. How trivial...
Re: Is It Normal? by Fkj2021: 7:45pm On May 03, 2022
She's trying to stay clear from your family and give you the peace that you deserve.

I will advise you to call her once in a while unless both of you have issues that you haven't settled.

I call my in-laws once every month to check on them.
Re: Is It Normal? by MsJackson: 6:05pm On May 04, 2022
Fkj2021:
She's trying to stay clear from your family and give you the peace that you deserve.

I will advise you to call her once in a while unless both of you have issues that you haven't settled.

I call my in-laws once every month to check on them.
alright thanks
Re: Is It Normal? by MsJackson: 6:05pm On May 04, 2022
ImaIma1:

Have you discussed it with your husband? What does he say about it?
he doesn't see it as an issue
Re: Is It Normal? by Dollywood(m): 6:20pm On May 04, 2022
Una too get wahala for this country. Out of all things in the world, that is what is bothering you? You're getting too comfortable.

(1) (Reply)

Madam Trying To Outsmart Me / I Need Help Please. / Pet Hates?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.