Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,630 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:10 PM

Dana Airlines Flight Caught Fire In Port Harcourt (Video) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dana Airlines Flight Caught Fire In Port Harcourt (Video) (40061 Views)

Uniuyo Shuttle Bus Caught Fire (SEE PHOTO) / Train Caught Fire In Mushin, Lagos (Photos) / Family Of 7 Rescued After Their Car Caught Fire While Travelling In Rivers. Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dana Airlines Flight Caught Fire In Port Harcourt (Video) by Nobody: 8:40am On May 03, 2022
West2019:
Are you in Lagos State
Don't fall for it.
Re: Dana Airlines Flight Caught Fire In Port Harcourt (Video) by sotall(m): 8:40am On May 03, 2022
BigDawsNet:

Airpeace still fly old Planes? I tot they just brought some aircrafts into the country months ago

They obviously still fly very old aircrafts that are no longer in use in countries with excellent aviation standard policy.
Re: Dana Airlines Flight Caught Fire In Port Harcourt (Video) by jonio77: 8:42am On May 03, 2022
I have been defrauded by a nairalander (+234 701 557 9432) claimed to be a gift cards seller last night..I sent him gift cards and since the guy disappeared a s can't be found..pls be careful dealing with people here on this Nairalander forum... Do not patronize any gift cards seller here..theyare fraudulent

2 Likes

Re: Dana Airlines Flight Caught Fire In Port Harcourt (Video) by West2019(m): 8:42am On May 03, 2022
Astoria:
Don't fall for it.
Thank you bro
Re: Dana Airlines Flight Caught Fire In Port Harcourt (Video) by Elidrisy20: 8:43am On May 03, 2022
Scrab
Re: Dana Airlines Flight Caught Fire In Port Harcourt (Video) by CaptainStephen(m): 8:44am On May 03, 2022
Kirkman:
Dana air still operating their MD-82 aircraft when they should have retired it out of their fleet. Thank God for saving those lives and kudos to the pilot and everyone involved for handling the issue in a calm and orderly manner.
Very old and noisy thing, my cousin who flies the mad dog with dana dey always suffer for my hand.

1 Like

Re: Dana Airlines Flight Caught Fire In Port Harcourt (Video) by Reference(m): 8:50am On May 03, 2022
Hmmm.... Dana, the Peace Mass Transit of the Nigerian airspace. Always hanging on the edge of extinction.

1 Like

Re: Dana Airlines Flight Caught Fire In Port Harcourt (Video) by BigDawsNet: 8:52am On May 03, 2022
sotall:

They obviously still fly very old aircrafts that are no longer in use in countries with excellent aviation standard policy.

Never knew..

My advice... next time flying...
Before your click the final booking... check the name of the flight you flying... if its too old... pick another flight time which will come with different flight name..probably new this time
Re: Dana Airlines Flight Caught Fire In Port Harcourt (Video) by RedEnergy: 8:59am On May 03, 2022
Dana airlines should be renamed One Chance Airlines, so people can know what they are getting themselves into.
Re: Dana Airlines Flight Caught Fire In Port Harcourt (Video) by mctech(m): 8:59am On May 03, 2022
Thank God it was not yet in the air.
Re: Dana Airlines Flight Caught Fire In Port Harcourt (Video) by Okhuadams(m): 9:00am On May 03, 2022
dignity33:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxv6eDQy4is

Dana Airlines flight caught fire as it was about to take off from Port Harcourt international Airport on Monday 2 may at 9pm

The spokesman for the airlines said the pilot took immediate safety procedures and help passengers disembark calmly, no injuries was recorded.

https://twitter.com/Authenticvoice6/status/1521329940301500418?t=PEpy-O8qYkohWFh9GTG9sw&s=19
Very soon King of Agbero His Emperor/Excellency Gvnor Wicked Wiked aka Mr Projector will blame Ameachi and APC

2 Likes

Re: Dana Airlines Flight Caught Fire In Port Harcourt (Video) by ecomalchemist(m): 9:03am On May 03, 2022
Thank God for safety.
Re: Dana Airlines Flight Caught Fire In Port Harcourt (Video) by 8stargeneral: 9:08am On May 03, 2022
God thank u for saving lives
Re: Dana Airlines Flight Caught Fire In Port Harcourt (Video) by int0x80(m): 9:10am On May 03, 2022
Dana, again!
Re: Dana Airlines Flight Caught Fire In Port Harcourt (Video) by techWriter3: 9:11am On May 03, 2022
Dana! Dana!! Dana!!! Madness no jus panacea wrap
Re: Dana Airlines Flight Caught Fire In Port Harcourt (Video) by Heavensent01(m): 9:11am On May 03, 2022
if na only Dana Airline remained for Nigeria, abeg I no won fly
Re: Dana Airlines Flight Caught Fire In Port Harcourt (Video) by spartachico(m): 9:19am On May 03, 2022
Tiki tiki bomb bomb tiki tiki
Re: Dana Airlines Flight Caught Fire In Port Harcourt (Video) by potrujusto: 9:24am On May 03, 2022
West2019:
Are you in Lagos State

Yes we are
Re: Dana Airlines Flight Caught Fire In Port Harcourt (Video) by maximizer61(m): 9:25am On May 03, 2022
This dana self.
Re: Dana Airlines Flight Caught Fire In Port Harcourt (Video) by VEHINTOLAR: 9:26am On May 03, 2022
Imagine if that had happened midair into the flight !
Re: Dana Airlines Flight Caught Fire In Port Harcourt (Video) by adecz: 9:36am On May 03, 2022
Imagine if the plane was up and
already at cruising altitude❗️❗️❗️ shocked shocked shocked

Thank God✌️✌️✌️✌️

1 Like

Re: Dana Airlines Flight Caught Fire In Port Harcourt (Video) by EugeneLeeJnr(m): 9:51am On May 03, 2022
Unrelated but I need your advice

I have already signed an offer letter and passed the pre-employment medical checkup. How soon can I get the actual employment contract?

Can someone please advise
Re: Dana Airlines Flight Caught Fire In Port Harcourt (Video) by Nobody: 9:54am On May 03, 2022
Dana air has been playing with human lives since its inception
Re: Dana Airlines Flight Caught Fire In Port Harcourt (Video) by barnyamclee: 9:55am On May 03, 2022
nawa this people want to do 10 year anniversary
Re: Dana Airlines Flight Caught Fire In Port Harcourt (Video) by Gee64: 10:00am On May 03, 2022
You don't 'manage' an aircraft fault.
Re: Dana Airlines Flight Caught Fire In Port Harcourt (Video) by Awoleesu(m): 10:00am On May 03, 2022
The only set of people I blame here are those still patronizing this crooked airline!

The families they sent into mourning and irredeemable loss 10 years ago are still struggling with the effects of that loss...
Unfortunately, this in Nigeria where government people don't care!
Because it's a foreigner owned airline, money changed hands and the airline is allowed to continue flying!
Don't be surprised that this same aircraft would be cleared to connect Lagos or Abuja by next Monday! That was the same way the one that crashed in 2012 was allowed to keep operating even when it showed signs of glitches in a recent flight!

2 Likes

Re: Dana Airlines Flight Caught Fire In Port Harcourt (Video) by SeaTrade(m): 10:01am On May 03, 2022
VladimirPutiin:
shocked

Just imagined If this plane had caught fire mid air ??

Thank goodness no life was lost.
It's less risky if it caught fire mid air than during take off when it still have that much fuel.
The pilots can always dump fuel and glide the plane with minimal engine power.

4 Likes

Re: Dana Airlines Flight Caught Fire In Port Harcourt (Video) by BigBashiru: 10:02am On May 03, 2022
NwokoloOwa:
I have never flown Dana and I will never because of my detailed observation of their operations. I don't know why they are still allowed to fly. Dana has the oldest fleet of aircrafts. The MD-80s being used mostly by Dana are over 40 yes. This is crazy. No matter the up to date maintenance as they claim, it's nonsense. These Aircrafts are so old to be used commercially for passengers. So many cargo planes are newer and better than Dana's flying boxes or coffins. The earlier NCAA looks into this Dana ,the better.

I don talk my own

They always wait until there is a crash before they act....instead of being proactive....
Re: Dana Airlines Flight Caught Fire In Port Harcourt (Video) by VladimirPutiin(m): 10:09am On May 03, 2022
SeaTrade:
It's less risky if it caught fire mid air than during take off when it still have that much fuel.
The pilots can always dump fuel and glide the plane with minimal engine power.

Oooh. Thanks for the info.
Re: Dana Airlines Flight Caught Fire In Port Harcourt (Video) by maasoap(m): 10:38am On May 03, 2022
Another disaster averted. Thank God
Re: Dana Airlines Flight Caught Fire In Port Harcourt (Video) by bakila: 10:53am On May 03, 2022
muykem:
You made a very valid point but your sentiment against Buhari spoil everything. One million Buhari or any other person can not defeat corruption. President can't be everywhere, doing everything, he must deligate assignment and average Nigerian are inherently corrupt.
He should delegate to the competent and hold them to account. But, he delegates to the incompetent and corrupt.
Re: Dana Airlines Flight Caught Fire In Port Harcourt (Video) by Wumibaby(f): 11:02am On May 03, 2022
Get 1 gigabytes for 350, 2gigabytes for 700 naira only

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way / Container Truck Fell Flat On A Car In Port Harcourt And Driver Survives (Photo) / Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.