Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way (40069 Views)

Lagos Light Rail Project To Be Completed By Dec 2016 – Ambode / "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola / In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by london2lasgidi(m): 8:53am On May 03, 2012

2 Likes

Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by naptu2: 8:58am On May 03, 2012
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by Demdem(m): 8:59am On May 03, 2012
delete
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by Demdem(m): 9:01am On May 03, 2012
Good.
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:53am On May 03, 2012
Looks nice. But is there any reason why the tracks couldn't be laid on the ground to save costs?

I hope they do landscaping and beautification on that dusty looking terrain when the main engineering job is finally completed.
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by Arosa(m): 9:57am On May 03, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
Looks nice. But is there any reason why the tracks couldn't be laid on the ground to save costs?

I hope they do landscaping and beautification on that dusty looking terrain when the main engineering job is finally completed.

You know there is erosion problem in Lagos, right?

3 Likes

Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by naptu2: 10:14am On May 03, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

Check out the link I posted earlier, you'll see why it wasn't laid at ground level. You'll also see images of how the project will look like when completed.
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by Ufeolorun(m): 10:47am On May 03, 2012
Ojomiloju! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by Scarpon(m): 11:37am On May 03, 2012
fashola i hail o
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by Syenite(m): 11:47am On May 03, 2012
Oh! look at the second picture, the first house from the right- the green one-storey building that was where I grew up! From 1987 to 2003 we lived there. That is Babalola close, Sari-Iganmu, Orile, Lagos.I learnt it has been marked for destruction. sad sad sad sad sad
That road is leading to Orile Bus-stop.
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by skydeep(f): 11:50am On May 03, 2012
This road leads to Lagos Island.
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by omar22(m): 11:51am On May 03, 2012
Its a very good idea

BUT what a waste of money (LOADS)!!!

Lagos state doesnt need a Liaght Rail service, Lagos state needed a Train Rail service

1 Like

Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by Nobody: 11:51am On May 03, 2012
Has any specific date been given for completion?

1 Like

Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by Okijajuju1(m): 11:52am On May 03, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

The reason is that Nigeria is a messed up country that our forefathers screwed up and today we have to consider their fhuck-ups and factor it into the planning of today.... E.g

Roads in Port-Harcourt. . . The present administration now has to build center dividers so high that a trailer cant cross it . . . I think thats why these tracks are high up!!
To forestall vandalisation, people hanging out of the doors while its moving, stopping it in the middle of the road to pick and drop passengers, avoid touts sleeping on the railines, Keep NURTW alayes away, stop a Molue from using the train to hold brakes and all those other bullshit associated with ground transport.

7 Likes

Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by kokoA(m): 11:54am On May 03, 2012
PDP better start learning how to govern from BRF.

1 Like

Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by Ournaija: 12:01pm On May 03, 2012
^^^^^
You are saying it`s highly risky doing ground transport in this country. grin grin grin
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by bobosydney: 12:09pm On May 03, 2012
cool coolRome wasn't build in a day and new york wasn't build in a year , we are on the cross road to the mega city . Thanks fashola for your innovation and your achievements, you are still the best governor in Nigeria , compare to those incompetent quack,incompetent of other states. I love to be Proudly Nigerian and proudly lagosian . Haters can go drink acids.

4 Likes

Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by Nobody: 12:59pm On May 03, 2012
I just wish Fashola will be giving the chance to lead Nigerians come 2015, there shall be New Nigeria, and new transformation
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by Doctorflaky(f): 12:59pm On May 03, 2012
This is the reason the smart investor should buy property in dat axis cos Badagry is fast becoming more like Lekki. Any info this shuold call me on 08126895535

2 Likes

Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by ismhab(m): 1:07pm On May 03, 2012
H$LBroker:
I just wish Fashola will be giving the chance to lead Nigerians come 2015, there shall be New Nigeria, and new transformation
i hope when he is giving chance it will not be like that of Mr. FRESH AIR.
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by Princek12(m): 1:21pm On May 03, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

I hope they do u landscaping and beautification on that dusty looking terrain when the main engineering job is finally completed.

No wonder Nigeria is behind when you can't even observe that it is virtually impossible to have am efficient light rail project without having to build above-ground tracks and, in some cases, underground tracks. This is because with above-ground tracks you can build the rail tracks over existing roads and some ground structures, which will enable the rail project to connect to many areas. I am sure when feasible they can build the tracks on ground, but have in mind that it will usually be a combination of ground, above-ground, and underground. While underground rail (subway) is the most efficient, it is very expensive to build and requires some experienced engineers to build it.
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by Baawaa(m): 1:25pm On May 03, 2012
Doctor flaky: This is the reason the smart investor should buy property in dat axis cos Badagry is fast becoming more like Lekki. Any info this shuold call me on 08126895535
Doctor flaky,haba,because of d strike dat wil soon be call off u hav becum real agent grin grin grin
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by Revolutnz: 1:32pm On May 03, 2012
Gov. Fashola could have also ignored to execute this enormous project (like his colleagues) but he chose to go for it because of his good heart and passion for good deeds. God bless you my Gov. EKO O NI BAJE
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by Standing5(m): 1:34pm On May 03, 2012
I want to know:
Where does the Rail way track lead to?
Will it support Cargo in order to free up badly needed road of excess traffic? if yes, what is its capacity and how many people and cargo can it barry per time?
will be affordable or Will it be for the rich like most of his project?
Will it be like his Lekki and Badagry project where he has only succeeded in increasing the amount of vehicle arriving at a already chaotic spot (like Mile 2) and wasting money on extra lanes? or he is just embarking on a white collar project to steal and score cheap political point simultaneously?
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by omar22(m): 1:35pm On May 03, 2012
No wonder Nigeria is behind when you can't even observe that it is virtually impossible to have am efficient light rail project without having to build above-ground tracks and, in some cases, underground tracks. This is because with above-ground tracks you can build the rail tracks over existing roads and some ground structures, which will enable the rail project to connect to many areas. I am sure when feasible they can build the tracks on ground, but have in mind that it will usually be a combination of ground, above-ground, and underground. While underground rail (subway) is the most efficient, it is very expensive to build and requires some experienced engineers to build it.

Your right but it doesn’t mean it’s feasible. Remember that the platforms has to be right up there at the same level of the track, which is a major risk in Nigeria because within days people would start stripping out the security bar or device, let alone talking about overcrowding on the platform! And the most important part is the power to drive these trains which are higher than a normal power supply to a house or organisation and you have to feed the track with power may be at every 100 meters (this would encourage cable theft)
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by Abayomin70(m): 1:38pm On May 03, 2012
ok
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by Exponental(m): 1:40pm On May 03, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
do u know d location?....... No 4 sure.
There are bridges around that area. Its a + junction. Coming 4m costain/orile/ijora/national theatre. All meet around dat area.
I think u shld be able 2 make ur conclusion now.
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by Exponental(m): 1:40pm On May 03, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by dplordx(m): 1:40pm On May 03, 2012
Ummm, no wonder the guy has gone around increasing LASU school fees.
I swear, if the Federal is sincerely and positively busy like BRF, there wont any funds to waste.
Shame GEJ doesnt even know what to do with all the oil and tax money at his disposal.
I hope BRF runs come 2015. He can crush this animal we currently call CIC.

1 Like

Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by Phems(m): 1:43pm On May 03, 2012
BRF is the man!

May GOD continue to be by your sides

3 Likes

Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by xanadu333: 1:45pm On May 03, 2012
uncle Fash for president!!!!!!!!!. see London in Lagos.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sewage Truck Falls In Asaba (Photos) / Nigeria Barred From 2022 US Visa Lottery / FRSC Recovers N27.1M At Scene Of Osun Road Crash That Killed Six Persons (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.