Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,254 members, 7,815,384 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

50-50 Depletion Rule Now Applicable On MTN4ME - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 50-50 Depletion Rule Now Applicable On MTN4ME (2492 Views)

FG Warns Nigerians On Whatsapp New Rule / MTN Introduces New Offer Called MTN4ME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

50-50 Depletion Rule Now Applicable On MTN4ME by CavendishPlex: 8:30am On May 03, 2022
I noticed that it was my main MTN data balance that was subject to depletion as against the bonus data as had always been the case despite having 12.8GB as my bonus data. I then got in touch with MTN via Twitter and the feedback below was what I got in response to my query.

"Apologies for the billing from your data bonus account alongside your main data, please. Please be informed that a 50-50 depletion rule was implemented on MTN4Me offers on 30th April 2022.
You will now have 50% of the bonus data bundle depleted first, followed by 50% of the main data. Afterward, the entire bonus would be depleted, and finally the main data bundle.
All inconveniences duly regretted, please.
~OF."

I only wonder why MTN chose not to make this piece of information public.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50-50 Depletion Rule Now Applicable On MTN4ME by Onyeka90210(m): 8:49am On May 03, 2022
Very stupid network
You'll do night plan, but they'll be taking from your main data balance

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 50-50 Depletion Rule Now Applicable On MTN4ME by nani667: 10:32am On May 03, 2022
Jus checked now, smh... My bonus has also stopped halfway too, my main data is now running down..

1 Like

Re: 50-50 Depletion Rule Now Applicable On MTN4ME by InternetWebM082(m): 11:29am On May 03, 2022
I don't still ur point on what u are talking about

1 Like

Re: 50-50 Depletion Rule Now Applicable On MTN4ME by InternetWebM082(m): 11:31am On May 03, 2022
Onyeka90210:
Very stupid network

grin

It's from ur configuration settings
Re: 50-50 Depletion Rule Now Applicable On MTN4ME by CavendishPlex: 11:37am On May 03, 2022
nani667:
Jus checked now, smh... My bonus has also stopped halfway too, my main data is now running down..

My main and bonus data expire tomorrow which means the remaining 12.8GB bonus data would be lost since it's frozen. They decided to turn up with this backward trend just when I was thinking of doing the 15k/150GB plan.

3 Likes

Re: 50-50 Depletion Rule Now Applicable On MTN4ME by nani667: 11:45am On May 03, 2022
CavendishPlex:

My main and bonus data expire tomorrow which means the remaining 12.8GB bonus data would be lost since it's frozen. They decided to turn up with this backward trend just when I was thinking of doing the 15k/150GB plan.

Won't be lost... You can always rollover the main and bonus data... Even after it expires the data will still be there for awhile and they will let you know you have the option to resubscribe and rollover the data... That is what I have been doing...

The data will only be lost if you decide not to rollover the data

5 Likes

Re: 50-50 Depletion Rule Now Applicable On MTN4ME by OneKinGuy(m): 12:09pm On May 03, 2022
Glo is the only network that let's you use your data till the last KB and their 4g lte has improved over the last 2 years. I've been doing Thier special plan of #1500 7gb for 1 week for about 6 months now you should gib it a try.

2 Likes

Re: 50-50 Depletion Rule Now Applicable On MTN4ME by Mrkcee(m): 4:38pm On May 03, 2022
Better for them! I wonder how they'll leave ur subscribed data & go straight for ur bonus that u can be slowly using for calls too.
Made me switch to doing my heavy recharges on Airtel. 40GB 5K for 1 month plus 8times bonus on the ovajara plan. Trust me, u can't finish the bonus cheesy
Airtel splits their bonus (calls and data separately), with this they only take the data bonus not everything like MTN.

2 Likes

Re: 50-50 Depletion Rule Now Applicable On MTN4ME by justBreathe: 6:04pm On May 03, 2022
InternetWebM082:

grin

It's from ur configuration settings

How do I fix this please?

I suffer the same thing.

What do I need to tweak?
Re: 50-50 Depletion Rule Now Applicable On MTN4ME by justBreathe: 6:11pm On May 03, 2022
nani667:

Hi Nani667

Would you be willing to share your data in the event that you find it difficult to finish it before the expiry date, and won't be rolling over?
Re: 50-50 Depletion Rule Now Applicable On MTN4ME by nani667: 6:38pm On May 03, 2022
justBreathe:

Hi Nani667

Would you be willing to share your data in the event that you find it difficult to finish it before the expiry date, and won't be rolling over?

I always resubscribe before the expiry date, and so it will always roll over..and even when I forget to resub before the expiry date, after it expires I always receive a message from MTN to resubscribe and rollover within a certain period of time... So yes I always find it difficult to finish the data, but I will always rollover... What you see there is accumulated sub that I have been rolling over since
Re: 50-50 Depletion Rule Now Applicable On MTN4ME by georginho10(m): 6:41pm On May 03, 2022
nani667:

Boss make i drop number make you show me love with data nau... Please boss
Re: 50-50 Depletion Rule Now Applicable On MTN4ME by JoyousFurnitire(m): 7:32pm On May 03, 2022
justBreathe:

How do I fix this please?

I suffer the same thing.

What do I need to tweak?

Coa-sk.

Abeg tag me if e respond
Re: 50-50 Depletion Rule Now Applicable On MTN4ME by WilsonBright935: 8:36pm On May 03, 2022
Onyeka90210:
Very stupid network
Same as airtel
Re: 50-50 Depletion Rule Now Applicable On MTN4ME by justBreathe: 12:02am On May 04, 2022
nani667:

I always resubscribe before the expiry date, and so it will always roll over..and even when I forget to resub before the expiry date, after it expires I always receive a message from MTN to resubscribe and rollover within a certain period of time... So yes I always find it difficult to finish the data, but I will always rollover... What you see there is accumulated sub that I have been rolling over since

Oh, all right. That's OK.
Re: 50-50 Depletion Rule Now Applicable On MTN4ME by CavendishPlex: 2:23pm On May 04, 2022
nani667:

Won't be lost... You can always rollover the main and bonus data... Even after it expires the data will still be there for awhile and they will let you know you have the option to resubscribe and rollover the data... That is what I have been doing...

The data will only be lost if you decide not to rollover the data

I don't think this is correct. I use the 5k/40GB and 6k/50GB plans using *121# and once my main and bonus data both expire (main usually expires earlier while the bonus data expires at 23:59 same day), I get a 7-day grace period within which I can renew the subscription and get only the main data rolled over. However, once the bonus data expires (no matter how much is left), it doesn't get rolled over upon a renewal.

Before this new policy, once my main data expires during the day, online use continues to deplete the bonus balance (if there's still some left) until it expires at midnight.
Re: 50-50 Depletion Rule Now Applicable On MTN4ME by CavendishPlex: 4:38pm On Oct 07, 2022
So, it seems MTN has now quietly reverted to the old system whereby your bonus from data recharge using *121# (DATA4ME or TopDeal4ME) gets to be depleted first and when that bonus gets exhausted, the main balance gets hit afterwards.

Just a few months ago, they started that very unfavourable and unpopular policy of having a 50% depletion of your bonus data first and next a 50% depletion of the main balance after which the remaining 50% of the bonus gets depleted and then it moves over to the main balance.

From my last 6k/50GB subscription (split into 25GB main and 25GB bonus) using *121# which expires in 2 days, I had expected the 25GB bonus data to go down to 12.5GB and then my main balance starts to take the hit. But as it is now, it seems I'll be exhausting my bonus balance first before the main balance gets touched.

If this is the position, I'd say it's a welcome development from MTN. I wonder what that person who came to disrupt the whole thing was thinking in the first place.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Does Xiaomi Note 11 Refresh Browser Page When Minimized / Whatsapp Introduces "Message Read" Feature / Hurray I Got 6G From Airtel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.