Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,431 members, 7,812,279 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

The Premier League Golden Boot Race Is Coming Down To The Wire - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Premier League Golden Boot Race Is Coming Down To The Wire (34298 Views)

David De Gea Wins The Premier League Golden Glove Award For 2022-23 / Messi Scores 2 Goals In 2 Minutes, Extends Lead In Europe Golden Boot Race / "Lose To Liverpool And Title Race Is Over" - Guardiola Warns Man. City Players (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Premier League Golden Boot Race Is Coming Down To The Wire by obembet(f): 2:39pm On May 03, 2022
Harry Kane clinched the Premier League Golden Boot award last season with 23 goals, narrowly beating Mohamed Salah to the prestigious award.

The race is on once more as the 2021-22 campaign heats up and there are a few more contenders in the mix for the top scorers accolade this time round.

Cristiano Ronaldo has returned to Manchester United, while Chelsea have been boosted by another returnee in Romelu Lukaku, and both will be keen to etch their names into history.

With the battle commenced, Obembet brings you this season's top goalscorers in the Premier League.

See here for the players with the most Premier League assists in 2021-22.

1. Mohamed Salah | Liverpool | 22 goals

Two-time Premier League Golden Boot winner Mohamed Salah finished second in the race last term and in 2021-22 he is targeting his third individual prize as he attempts to fire Liverpool to the title. Over the course of the past four campaigns, Salah has averaged just under 24 Premier League goals a season and will be hoping to surpass that this year.

2. Heung-min Son | Tottenham | 19 goals

Heung-min Son enjoyed his best ever season from a goals perspective with Tottenham last term, scoring 17 goals in 37 Premier League appearances. The forward has scored double figures in each of the last five campaigns and could be a good bet to challenge for the Golden Boot as he aims to pick up the slack from Harry Kane.

3. Cristiano Ronaldo | Man Utd | 18 goals

Cristiano Ronaldo finished last season as the top scorer in Serie A with 29 goals in 33 appearances and dispelled any doubts that he might slow down on his return to Old Trafford with two goals in his first game back. The Manchester United faithful will be hopeful that the Portugal phenomenon can help clinch a Champions League spot this term.

In addition, Cristiano Ronaldo has 350 goals and 82 assists since turning 30 years old.

4. Diogo Jota | Liverpool | 15 goals

Diogo Jota made an instant impact at Liverpool when he joined the Reds from Wolves in 2020-21 and he has offered a different type of goal threat to Roberto Firmino. The Portugal international will feel he can contribute even more this campaign after seeing his maiden season curtailed by injury.

5. Sadio Mane | Liverpool | 14 goals

Liverpool winger Sadio Mane shared the Golden Boot award with team-mate Mohamed Salah and Arsenal's Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang in 2018-19, but his goal return has suffered in recent campaigns. The Senegal star laid down a marker of intent at the beginning of the 2021-22 campaign though.

6. Harry Kane | Tottenham | 13 goals

Normally near the top of the scoring chart, Harry Kane has struggled to hit his normal heights for Champions League-chasing Spurs this term.

7. Ivan Toney | Brentford | 12 goals

Brentford forward Ivan Toney scored a record-breaking 31 times in the Championship last term and has found goals tougher to come by in the top flight this term.

8. Wilfried Zaha | Crystal Palace | 12 goals

Wilfried Zaha is a key player for Crystal Palace and continues to show his worth by scoring goals.

9. Kevin De Bruyne | Man City | 11 goals

Kevin De Bruyne has picked up his form mid-season after regaining full fitness, and he's been a major part of another Manchester City title charge.

10. Riyad Mahrez | Man City | 11 goals

It's been another influential campaign for Riyad Mahrez, whose combination of goalscoring and ball distribution have helped his club thrive without a traditional striker.

Source: https://twitter.com/brfootball/status/1521240209391853570?t=mFZsB63VWCvQU_9q1arDSQ&s=19

8 Likes

Re: The Premier League Golden Boot Race Is Coming Down To The Wire by georjay(m): 2:41pm On May 03, 2022

Cristiano Ronaldo finished last season as the top scorer in Serie A with 29 goals in 33 appearances and dispelled any doubts that he might slow down on his return to Old Trafford with two goals in his first game back. The Manchester United faithful will be hopeful that the Portugal phenomenon can help clinch a Champions League spot this term.

CAF champions League abi

Nothing for Wasiu angry

SALLAH ALL THE WAY!!!! cool

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Premier League Golden Boot Race Is Coming Down To The Wire by obembet(f): 2:53pm On May 03, 2022
georjay:

CAF champions League abi

Nothing for Wasiu angry

I support salah anyway

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Premier League Golden Boot Race Is Coming Down To The Wire by Waakanda: 3:07pm On May 03, 2022
Ronaldo... can he?

5 Likes

Re: The Premier League Golden Boot Race Is Coming Down To The Wire by internationalman(m): 3:12pm On May 03, 2022
Premier league strikers are so poor this season.. Sala hasn't scored much goals since AFCON yet he's still leading..

Maybe it's because teams are adopting no
lone striker kind of formation like Chelsea and Man City

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Premier League Golden Boot Race Is Coming Down To The Wire by paulolee(m): 3:27pm On May 03, 2022
coming down to which wire?? it belongs to sallah already, for him to leave EPL for a month n returned from AFCON still topping the goal chats, simply means that they is no serious goal scorer in EPL..
assuming the likes of vardy, kane and even lukaku are on form n banging goals, they would av gone far ahead of sallah when he left for AFCON..
I think its better for a team to share goal scoring duties among themselves than depending on individual brilliance from a player dt may lose form....
thats the edge city, arsenal n chelsea have over the rest teams..

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Premier League Golden Boot Race Is Coming Down To The Wire by Kriss216: 3:28pm On May 03, 2022
Ronaldo is simply amazing.

-From a Chelsea supporter.

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Premier League Golden Boot Race Is Coming Down To The Wire by paulolee(m): 3:30pm On May 03, 2022
Waakanda:
Ronaldo... can he?
yes he can..he would win the golden ball in next season conference league against the likes of kukesi, baddo glimt, vikings and bologna and we would call him our goat...
atimes I jus imagined dt if its messi dt moved to united, scored 30 goals a season, only for united to end up in conference
i can imagine the number of endless threads this moniker will create to bash n insult messi calling him a failure and a badluck and all would be moved to f.p with speed..
but now its cr7 and all her post is about goals records forgetting dt united is about to finish in its worst position in over 3 decades..

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Premier League Golden Boot Race Is Coming Down To The Wire by paulolee(m): 3:33pm On May 03, 2022
georjay:

CAF champions League abi

Nothing for Wasiu angry

keave the dreamer....only united have played 36 games with 2 matches remaining and the other top5 gat 34 games with 4 games remaining and he is still dreaming of united to make top4 and cr7 winning the golden ball.
cr7 will score but the likes of sallah n son would still outscore him bcoz i dnt see cr7 scoring hatricks against inform brighton and crystal palace away.. those are difficult games n united would be praying for a lucky win..

7 Likes

Re: The Premier League Golden Boot Race Is Coming Down To The Wire by paulolee(m): 3:38pm On May 03, 2022
obembet:

I support salah anyway
we know u support sallah n dts why u uploaded a picture of cr7 topping the list for only home goals asif united made him the Highest paid in d league to only score at home, I like cr7 fans on nairaland bcoz they know how to dig stats dt can suit their man..
I think cr7 should start planning on how to score more goals n break more records In conference league next season against kukesi and co when other big boys are playing UCL football....
I dnt want to hear dt he is running away from next season challenge in search of UCL football bcoz afterall he met united playing UCL and he shouldn't run and leave them in conference league...dt won't be fair..

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Premier League Golden Boot Race Is Coming Down To The Wire by paulolee(m): 3:41pm On May 03, 2022
internationalman:
Premier league strikers are so poor this season.. Sala hasn't scored much goals since AFCON yet he's still leading..

Maybe it's because teams are adopting no
lone striker kind of formation like Chelsea and Man City

I jus noticed same too...my biggest surprise is dt 3 Liverpool player are in the top5 and none from city is in top5 bt still dey are topping d league...
the funniest is dt no player from Chelsea is in top10, after them spend millions on lukaku to score gaols, but instead, na only to dey sweat for head naim e sabi...
the adoption of no striker kind of formation Is very necessary bcoz dey won't be any fear of injuries or loss of form to d main scorer..

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Premier League Golden Boot Race Is Coming Down To The Wire by orohbiro(f): 3:56pm On May 03, 2022
Obembet greatest dream in this life is to suck ronaldo dick but that is mission imposible even ronaldo will not allow her suck his dog dick due to infection

10 Likes

Re: The Premier League Golden Boot Race Is Coming Down To The Wire by obembet(f): 4:50pm On May 03, 2022
orohbiro:
Obembet greatest dream in this life is to suck ronaldo dick but that is mission imposible even ronaldo will not allow her suck his dog dick due to infection

In football, nothing is impossible

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Premier League Golden Boot Race Is Coming Down To The Wire by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:00pm On May 03, 2022
Interesting times

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Premier League Golden Boot Race Is Coming Down To The Wire by planetE(m): 5:00pm On May 03, 2022
I go dey happy if son collect ahm

1 Like

Re: The Premier League Golden Boot Race Is Coming Down To The Wire by oluseyiforjesus(m): 5:01pm On May 03, 2022
Cboy is old but he is more useful than............
Fill in d gap

2 Likes

Re: The Premier League Golden Boot Race Is Coming Down To The Wire by abobote: 5:01pm On May 03, 2022
Even if Ronaldo likes, let him have 50 goals, he was the one that scathered the team Ole Guna built .
He should leave by end of the season. Na beg I de beg am

10 Likes

Re: The Premier League Golden Boot Race Is Coming Down To The Wire by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 03, 2022
Ronaldo is not human sha.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Premier League Golden Boot Race Is Coming Down To The Wire by johnkay1(m): 5:02pm On May 03, 2022

The difference is not much, anything is still possible.

3 Likes

Re: The Premier League Golden Boot Race Is Coming Down To The Wire by zionlakers: 5:02pm On May 03, 2022
ok
Re: The Premier League Golden Boot Race Is Coming Down To The Wire by fergie001: 5:02pm On May 03, 2022
In addition, Cristiano Ronaldo has 350 goals and 82 assists since turning 30 years old.

ghettokid1 angelfrost fuckingmallam45 ebukahades10 gbest90 Wordson crazygod kyase ray07 redblood01 dfrost lamasta chikason22 Oludharay rodwave Playermaker1 Sammy07 openmine numerouno94 silentgroper vickyrotex mangekyoalt paulolee Ojeemah Playmaker1

grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: The Premier League Golden Boot Race Is Coming Down To The Wire by Success957: 5:03pm On May 03, 2022
Like for Ronaldo share for Salah

27 Likes 12 Shares

Re: The Premier League Golden Boot Race Is Coming Down To The Wire by Anitatunde(f): 5:04pm On May 03, 2022
How BVN can be used to steal money from your bank accounts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFJcndxUln0
Re: The Premier League Golden Boot Race Is Coming Down To The Wire by Faiththatworks(m): 5:05pm On May 03, 2022
Up salah,I'm sure the award will end up with him this season. I seriously doubt these pundits that always try to make it look like the premiership is the hardest league in the world.
Salah was just an average player in Roma when he ported to Liverpool,while Ronaldo was almost crucified in Italy for leading Juventus to 4th position last season.
Both stars are almost untouchable in England, that says a lot about the premiership with their crazy VAR reviews and lady like style of football. ( not trying to degrade woman's football)
I'm sure Mbappe ND Vincius Junior will score 40 goals each if they cross over to England.
Sorry to digress,after my terrible scam experience with the Bitcoin selling website,instantcoins.ng,I have decided to take the bull by the horn and ensure Nobody goes through my terrible and humiliating situation.
Pls tell everyone around you that instantcoins.ng is a scam website and nobody should patronise or sell coins to that thief scam website.
Also I don't know if it's allowed here,but I will like to help people dispose their coins genuinely,pls send an email if you have coins to sell,I will help dispose your coins in a peaceful and honest manner.
Instantcoins.ng IS A SCAM,pls spread the word around.

1 Like

Re: The Premier League Golden Boot Race Is Coming Down To The Wire by Solofresh2: 5:06pm On May 03, 2022
orohbiro:
grin

6 Likes

Re: The Premier League Golden Boot Race Is Coming Down To The Wire by handsomeyinka(m): 5:08pm On May 03, 2022
Not even an arsenal player on the list but we are still on course for champions league..

UP GUNNERS

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Greece Players Turn Down World Cup Bonus / A Birmingham Fan Runs Into The Pitch, Punches Jack Grealish On The Head / NFF Releases Super Eagles Squad List For Friendly Against Brazil.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.