Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,720 members, 7,824,048 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Students Protest Over ASUU Strike In Ibadan (Photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Students Protest Over ASUU Strike In Ibadan (Photos) (21705 Views)

UNIJOS Student Commits Suicide Over ASUU Strike / Rain Destroys Building At The University Of Ibadan (Photos) / "Snake Swallowed Our School Fees": Benue State University Students Protest (Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Students Protest Over ASUU Strike In Ibadan (Photos) by Jostoman: 4:50pm On May 03, 2022
Apc government are busy talking about election everyday while Nigeria students are at home doing nothing, all of them have 100million to buy presidential form but no money to pay ASSU anyway I don't blame since their own children are schooling in US or UK

2 Likes

Re: Students Protest Over ASUU Strike In Ibadan (Photos) by bluefilm: 4:50pm On May 03, 2022
I'm glad they've finally woken up.

1 Like

Re: Students Protest Over ASUU Strike In Ibadan (Photos) by Ola4lead(m): 4:50pm On May 03, 2022
The pictures shows why the federal government never cares. If students protesting are this few, it shows even the students are not serious and they prefer staying home and doing nothing.

During the endsars protest the numbers shows everyone are serious about it, the like of endsars protest is what the student needs. NUMBERS ARE IMPORTANT WHEN IT COMES TO PROTEST

2 Likes

Re: Students Protest Over ASUU Strike In Ibadan (Photos) by casppyjay: 4:51pm On May 03, 2022
abikason:
I'm very lucky to have graduated in Nigeria without experience ASUU strike.... grin
it shows in ur composure and use of grammar u were educated somewhere off the coast of Uganda..bless up bro!

Re: Students Protest Over ASUU Strike In Ibadan (Photos) by emmafineboy(m): 4:52pm On May 03, 2022
Students of now a days has no mind,all students shud ve one voice at dis time all entrance to each state shud be on a massive protest by blocking, highways, govt houses, Hus of Reps etc.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Students Protest Over ASUU Strike In Ibadan (Photos) by zubby29(m): 4:52pm On May 03, 2022
More of dis should b across Nigeria if we are really serious
Re: Students Protest Over ASUU Strike In Ibadan (Photos) by blowjohn(m): 4:53pm On May 03, 2022
lalasticlala:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/pictorial-students-protest-in-ibadan-over-ASUU-strike/%3famp

The guy with the cardboard that reads EDUCATION IS NOT A SCAM..... � what point is he trying to emphasise?
Re: Students Protest Over ASUU Strike In Ibadan (Photos) by Slynation(m): 4:53pm On May 03, 2022
I can only count 7 people...This shows the level how students has lost interest in Nigerian education!!

3 Likes

Re: Students Protest Over ASUU Strike In Ibadan (Photos) by blowjohn(m): 4:54pm On May 03, 2022
Ola4lead:
The pictures shows why the federal government never cares. If students protesting are this few, it shows even the students are not serious and they prefer staying home and doing nothing.

During the endsars protest the numbers shows everyone are serious about it, the like of endsars protest is what the student needs. NUMBERS ARE IMPORTANT WHEN IT COMES TO PROTEST

The guy with the cardboard that reads EDUCATION IS NOT A SCAM..... � what point is he trying to emphasise?
Re: Students Protest Over ASUU Strike In Ibadan (Photos) by annisy(f): 4:55pm On May 03, 2022
National association of Nigeria student is the most useless organization in Nigeria, bunch of drug addict and cultist....for months they can't fight for the plight of students!! Before you come for my head go back to your history books and see the role student union played to send the army back to the barracks

1 Like

Re: Students Protest Over ASUU Strike In Ibadan (Photos) by EagleNest(m): 4:56pm On May 03, 2022
At least they were bold to protest against these persistent strikes unlike many who cared less.

Education should have been free. What exactly do Nigeria citizen benefit for being a Nigerian?
Re: Students Protest Over ASUU Strike In Ibadan (Photos) by starz100: 4:58pm On May 03, 2022
Government and ASUU are forming first to blink, while destinies are being wasted. Good one, others should join to save the educational system

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Students Protest Over ASUU Strike In Ibadan (Photos) by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 03, 2022
I support. End ASUU Strike Now
Re: Students Protest Over ASUU Strike In Ibadan (Photos) by Cokahot: 5:06pm On May 03, 2022
Who assu strike epp aside yahoo plus boys. Most of em I see are either on 250 or 350. IS or ES of cos with no plates.
Re: Students Protest Over ASUU Strike In Ibadan (Photos) by babaalagbo11(m): 5:12pm On May 03, 2022
They should renegotiate and end this thing... almost every year strike here and there
Re: Students Protest Over ASUU Strike In Ibadan (Photos) by Isokoson1: 5:14pm On May 03, 2022
Mehn this is beyond local man logistics

Fed have to succumb to ASUU.. Or we move
Re: Students Protest Over ASUU Strike In Ibadan (Photos) by yusluvad(m): 5:19pm On May 03, 2022
This strike has been long nah. embarassed embarassed
Re: Students Protest Over ASUU Strike In Ibadan (Photos) by dontrulee: 5:25pm On May 03, 2022
Oogway:
It is very sad that the minister of State for Education and the Labor minister (the two ministries primarily responsible for ending the ASUU Strike) alongside the Incumbent Vice President would have the effrontery to vie for the office of President when Millions of Nigerian youth lie ideal at home wasting their lives and years. As a point of reference it’ll take the highest paid professor in a Government university 20yrs to earn a net salary of 100million naira. Yet these ministers pay 100m as though it’s chicken fee so why shouldn’t lecturer’s demand better.

Also I blame the ASUU President for not being proactive, for being too laid back and not employing young minds to help in their agitation. ASUU is too laid back, the President should be on every television station and top social media pages like @instablog, etc telling the world how these individuals don’t deserve to vie for any office when they’ve failed to resolve the current educational crises which is their primary responsibility. It’s not enough to down tools and go home to sleep, these people want something, they’ve an ambition, threaten their ambitions and watch them settle ASUU ASAP. ASUU leadership is old and naive and don’t want to employ young brains to enable them use social media to their advantage.

P. S During General elections these same lecturers are the people politicians use to rig elections for themselves so why are they complaining of bad leadership when they rigged the leadership into power

You've a good point. I believe ASUU are not agressive enough, perhaps they're also at fault?? In the end, ASUU will still back down and FG will do little or next to nothing. This strike is just a total waste of time
Re: Students Protest Over ASUU Strike In Ibadan (Photos) by dontrulee: 5:26pm On May 03, 2022
Cokahot:
Who assu strike epp aside yahoo plus boys. Most of em I see are either on 250 or 350. IS or ES of cos with no plates.

Dem dey enter your eyes?
You wan bam?
Re: Students Protest Over ASUU Strike In Ibadan (Photos) by Christian36: 5:27pm On May 03, 2022
This is what you get when you continue to vote for wrong leaders. Leaders without vision, some are about to make such mistake again.
Re: Students Protest Over ASUU Strike In Ibadan (Photos) by Cokahot: 5:30pm On May 03, 2022
Come take tutorial. I have driven 4 cats,my next is glk and na soon. U think say I be g boy. Come learn legit pay me 2m.
dontrulee:

Dem dey enter your eyes?
You wan bam?

Re: Students Protest Over ASUU Strike In Ibadan (Photos) by dontrulee: 5:33pm On May 03, 2022
Cokahot:
Come take tutorial. I have driven 4 cats,my next is glk and na soon. U think say I be g boy. Come learn legit pay me 2m.

Lol... If I see 2m Lai dis, I go escalate... Which legit biz you dey do, I fit reason am.
Re: Students Protest Over ASUU Strike In Ibadan (Photos) by dontrulee: 5:36pm On May 03, 2022
Cokahot:

Nice red car.(what's the name?)
Unfortunately I am not a fan of cars, na private jets I dey run. grin grin
Re: Students Protest Over ASUU Strike In Ibadan (Photos) by divineuk(m): 5:40pm On May 03, 2022
But FG get mind o
I don’t even know between fg and ASUU which is worse

1 Like

Re: Students Protest Over ASUU Strike In Ibadan (Photos) by Enumerator(m): 5:53pm On May 03, 2022
You get am!
Dagger111:
If they like make they end am. Na them sabi.

That's why i am trying my best so that my children won't school in this country.
Re: Students Protest Over ASUU Strike In Ibadan (Photos) by dfrost: 6:01pm On May 03, 2022
Oogway:

Also I blame the ASUU President for not being proactive

P. S During General elections these same lecturers are the people politicians use to rig elections for themselves so why are they complaining of bad leadership when they rigged the leadership into power

1. Have you seen the ASUU President's picture before? Then you'll know.

2. It's a vicious circle. If you mess with the stream, your family members will also drink from it (in reference to the lecturers manipulating the polls).
Re: Students Protest Over ASUU Strike In Ibadan (Photos) by ufotunang: 6:10pm On May 03, 2022
Next month go to APC primaries at Abuja and protest and stop the primaries....then they will answer you students
Re: Students Protest Over ASUU Strike In Ibadan (Photos) by Shollypinzu: 6:27pm On May 03, 2022
Our leaders are not ready to listen at diz moment cuz all what they think about now is 2023 election, May God just help us in diz country
Re: Students Protest Over ASUU Strike In Ibadan (Photos) by phemorhino(m): 6:28pm On May 03, 2022
abikason:
I'm very lucky to have graduated in Nigeria without experience ASUU strike.... grin
It is evident in your grammar
Re: Students Protest Over ASUU Strike In Ibadan (Photos) by MrRemedyAlagbo(m): 6:39pm On May 03, 2022
They need to end this thing asap
Re: Students Protest Over ASUU Strike In Ibadan (Photos) by BabaO2: 6:43pm On May 03, 2022
Oogway:
It is very sad that the minister of State for Education and the Labor minister (the two ministries primarily responsible for ending the ASUU Strike) alongside the Incumbent Vice President would have the effrontery to vie for the office of President when Millions of Nigerian youth lie ideal at home wasting their lives and years. As a point of reference it’ll take the highest paid professor in a Government university 20yrs to earn a net salary of 100million naira. Yet these ministers pay 100m as though it’s chicken fee so why shouldn’t lecturer’s demand better.

Also I blame the ASUU President for not being proactive, for being too laid back and not employing young minds to help in their agitation. ASUU is too laid back, the President should be on every television station and top social media pages like @instablog, etc telling the world how these individuals don’t deserve to vie for any office when they’ve failed to resolve the current educational crises which is their primary responsibility. It’s not enough to down tools and go home to sleep, these people want something, they’ve an ambition, threaten their ambitions and watch them settle ASUU ASAP. ASUU leadership is old and naive and don’t want to employ young brains to enable them use social media to their advantage.

ASUU is over rating themselves. What do they want realy for decades? We cant continue blaming governments every time. If it is salary increase demands, they should fnck off, they are not the best brains around to be demanding same salaries with oil workers, you take what your employer pays you or you resign if not satisfied. If their demand is university funding, how?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

After 5 Years Of Failure,Lady Rejoices As She Gets Admitted Into University.PICS / Great Ife Student Union Leaders Is Yet To Present Any Budget. / 28 Collocation Mistakes Made By Nigerians With Corrections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.