Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Liverpool Vs Real Madrid UCL Final (0 - 1) On 28th May 2022 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool Vs Real Madrid UCL Final (0 - 1) On 28th May 2022 (83563 Views)

PSG Vs Bayern Munich Champions League Final (0 - 1) On 23rd August 2020 / Tottenham Hotspur Vs Liverpool: UCL Final (0 - 2) On 1st June 2019 / Chelsea Vs Manchester City: EFL Cup Final (0(3) - (4)0) On 24th February 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool Vs Real Madrid UCL Final (0 - 1) On 28th May 2022 by hermesprogidy(m): 6:51am On May 29, 2022
From quadraple to pool. Hahaha grin cheesy
Re: Liverpool Vs Real Madrid UCL Final (0 - 1) On 28th May 2022 by Jazzman01: 6:58am On May 29, 2022
chikason22:

He should play midfield. Cus he is good at that than playing RB.
We were just unlucky again in the hands of Madrid. All 9 shots on target saved by that juju man called Courtois. He won't go long before he fails for doing such.
Who does that. 9 shots and no one entered.
Frankfort will expose him.
We move.

Lol, are you underating Courtois? I have known him right from his days at Atletico Madrid. He has been consistent for many years. The guy is very good.

4 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Real Madrid UCL Final (0 - 1) On 28th May 2022 by Jazzman01: 7:11am On May 29, 2022
Silentgroper:
That shoud've been konate's job. Militao is nt a full back yet he man marked diaz.. Konate is just a bloody fool nd fvck klopp for nt using matip..

How is it Konate's job? That would mean playing him out of position. Konate is a centre back pairing with Virgil. It is the work of Arnold. He only helped out when Arnold was overlapping.
Re: Liverpool Vs Real Madrid UCL Final (0 - 1) On 28th May 2022 by Osibajo2023: 7:22am On May 29, 2022
Kelvin3476:
ANY COACH CAN WIN WITH THAT PRIME BARCELONA TEAM, BAYERN AND LIKE WISE CITY. NOTHING EXCEPTIONAL
see sentiment, it was wen guardiola came that barca Won 6trophies in a single season, and since then no such record in barca, mancity 4 league cup in 5 season, without gaurdiola, man city can never be this hot, so shut up ur dirty mouth

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Real Madrid UCL Final (0 - 1) On 28th May 2022 by Demurray: 7:39am On May 29, 2022
crazygod:
Our forwards have let us down. Not clinical enough. Just one chance madrid get and boom they scored.
Real Madrid no dey hit goal post,nor shoot wey goalkeeper go save, nah inside net they know grin grin
HALA MADRID!!!

7 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Real Madrid UCL Final (0 - 1) On 28th May 2022 by Silentgroper(m): 7:53am On May 29, 2022
Jazzman01:

How is it Konate's job? That would mean playing him out of position. Konate is a centre back pairing with Virgil. It is the work of Arnold. He only helped out when Arnold was overlapping.
Doesnt madrid set up requires a full back.. Y is militao doing d job of their fullback..
Re: Liverpool Vs Real Madrid UCL Final (0 - 1) On 28th May 2022 by Dazall: 8:01am On May 29, 2022
Now I see that beating Madrid is not for everybody.
This so called English media downplayed Chelsea achievement of defeating Atletico, Sevilla and Real Madrid on way to lifting the UCL last season.

Laying alot of claims that this was an ageing Madrid side yet this same Chelsea went to the Bernabeu and defeated Madrid even taking the game to extra time.

England's premier League champions choked against Madrid.

The so called best team in the world hyped by the English media couldn't even score in 3 consecutive finals.

I think it's high time alot of respect is put on CHELSEA name.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liverpool Vs Real Madrid UCL Final (0 - 1) On 28th May 2022 by mywells: 8:02am On May 29, 2022
Liverpool has dreamt this season but only FA trophy came to reality,other trophy was just a dream.
Re: Liverpool Vs Real Madrid UCL Final (0 - 1) On 28th May 2022 by kunlesehan(m): 8:08am On May 29, 2022
You can say that again

caprini1:
That Chelsea squad against madrid in Spain was in beast mode,the toughest game for madrid enroute the final.
Re: Liverpool Vs Real Madrid UCL Final (0 - 1) On 28th May 2022 by BigDawsNet: 8:16am On May 29, 2022
Silentgroper:
That shoud've been konate's job. Militao is nt a full back yet he man marked diaz.. Konate is just a bloody fool nd fvck klopp for nt using matip..

I don't blame Konate... his assignment was to Man marked Benzema... he actually did his job well even covering Arnold ass time to time...

While Arnold was suppose to stay side to side with vicious.... Overlapping is a very Wrong idea in this kind of game...

But in all... I would hav prefer Matip!!..

A real Liverpool fan will know Matip is a full package defender

1. He defend his position
2. He cover Anold position at all time...giving anold time to Overlapp
3. He can drive in attack
4. His a dribbler
5. He has a lot of experience playing a big match like this....

I don't expect kloop to bench him...
Manager like Touchel, Pep Guardiola, mohnrinho will never make a decision starting kanuote....

But klopp is an "I too know man"
He love to keep things the way he want it... not what other people will suggest
Re: Liverpool Vs Real Madrid UCL Final (0 - 1) On 28th May 2022 by BigDawsNet: 8:25am On May 29, 2022
chikason22:

He should play midfield. Cus he is good at that than playing RB.
We were just unlucky again in the hands of Madrid. All 9 shots on target saved by that juju man called Courtois. He won't go long before he fails for doing such.
Who does that. 9 shots and no one entered.
Frankfort will expose him.
We move.

We Move!

Next season transfer
1. We need full-time replacement for Alnold... someone trusted like tmiskas

2.we need a replacement for Salah... someone to give him rest... we lack that towards the final... Madrid was able to rest majority of their player giving them a stronger team...
Someone like Rifhina or any top cheap winger

3. We need to make a decision on signing a proper 9... someone that can bang 25+ or more goals per season

4.OX should leave
5. Keita should leave... we deserve better midfielder

If we spend more, we win more

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Real Madrid UCL Final (0 - 1) On 28th May 2022 by Silentgroper(m): 8:33am On May 29, 2022
BigDawsNet:

I don't blame Konate... his assignment was to Man marked Benzema... he actually did his job well even covering Arnold ass time to time...

While Arnold was suppose to stay side to side with vicious.... Overlapping is a very Wrong idea in this kind of game...

4. His a dribbler

Manager like Touchel, Pep Guardiola, mohnrinho will never make a decision starting kanuote....

Seriously mann. Dz is ucl final nt some cup final.. How do u start up an upcoming over an experienced. It is outrageous..
Re: Liverpool Vs Real Madrid UCL Final (0 - 1) On 28th May 2022 by hayzed19(m): 8:38am On May 29, 2022
Am telling you
That's how scholes said Man united has better defense that Chelsea..
caprini1:
They almost made me throw up, especially that Michael Owen.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Real Madrid UCL Final (0 - 1) On 28th May 2022 by obonujoker(m): 8:40am On May 29, 2022
Mavrick2012:
sorry sir, while all those coaches you mentioned have been coaching years before pep, pep has more trophies than all of them.

32 trophies in just 14 seasons.

No manager in the entire history of football has that over 2 trophies per season record.

RESPECT MAN

We respect Pep.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Real Madrid UCL Final (0 - 1) On 28th May 2022 by Reference(m): 8:47am On May 29, 2022
Martinez39s:
Trent was so bad defensively. He allowed Vinicius roam free when he should have be tracking and marking Vinicius.

But that is the fundamental strength of the Liverpool game, flying wingbacks since Pool doesn't have a capable midfield in the mould of a Luka or a Kroos but Klopp should have seen what Madrid did to more attacking teams and understood that this version was more defensively capable than the one he faced in 2018 and tactically strikes back like a mamba, swift and without notice.

The idea that Real Madrid is soft at the back has been a fallacy all season and all the teams in the UCL fell for it moving forward in droves while leaving the kitchen door unlocked.

Liverpool's next season buys must include a midfield 'general', the trio of Hendersson, Fabinho and particularly Thiago has proven insufficient at the highest levels.

Kudos to Pool they were there on all fronts all season long, perhaps they played far too many games and proving that the quadruple is near impossible to achieve.

3 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Real Madrid UCL Final (0 - 1) On 28th May 2022 by Mavrick2012: 8:56am On May 29, 2022
Kelvin3476:
ANY COACH CAN WIN WITH THAT PRIME BARCELONA TEAM, BAYERN AND LIKE WISE CITY. NOTHING EXCEPTIONAL
yeah,tell me that "any coach" who has 32 trophies in 14 seasons like pep,in the entire history of football
Re: Liverpool Vs Real Madrid UCL Final (0 - 1) On 28th May 2022 by Reference(m): 8:57am On May 29, 2022
BigDawsNet:

4. His a dribbler

I am not too sure Matip will have made a difference last night.
Konate played very, very well and won most of his tackles.
The goal came typically from a Trent loss of focus for a split second. The shot was taken from far wider than where Konate should be and even Matip should not be found there when that ball came over to Vini.

The loss was just down to tactical errors.
Since Real conceded all those match goals against PSG, Chelsea and even City, Klopp thought he could easily outscore them in a game without a 'return leg'.

But the saying that 'defences win trophies' came to the fore. And this truism holds for those who have been in the business long enough.... longer than Klopp and the experience of the old, wily Ancelotti clearly showed yesterday.

There was no match winner in all of Liverpool's squad yesterday. It was a game for the gaffers.

4 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Real Madrid UCL Final (0 - 1) On 28th May 2022 by Reference(m): 9:13am On May 29, 2022
BigDawsNet:

We Move!

Next season transfer
1. We need full-time replacement for Arnold... someone trusted like tsimikas

2. We need a replacement for Salah... someone to give him rest... we lack that towards the final... Madrid was able to rest majority of their player giving them a stronger team...
Someone like Rafinha or any top cheap winger

3. We need to make a decision on signing a proper 9... someone that can bang 25+ or more goals per season

4.OX should leave
5. Keita should leave... we deserve better midfielder

If we spend more, we win more

OX should leave..... agreed.

We need full-time replacement for Arnold... someone trusted like tsimikas..... are you joking. If he did not play yesterday and they still lost, the Kopp will skin Klopp alive. The problem is not Arnold. He is a fantastic player. The problem is controlling him, knowing his strengths and limitations and using him when and where appropriate aka tactics.

We need a replacement for Salah... someone to give him rest... we lack that towards the final... Madrid was able to rest majority of their player giving them a stronger team... totally disagree.

Liverpool is already overloaded with forwards. His form yesterday was just down to the number of games he played in chasing the quad and esp in an Afcon year. What liverpool lacks is a highly competent attacking midfielder to make that 'killer pass' and take away the 'drving load' the trio of Salah, Mane and Diaz undertake every match.

Those guys work too hard for the team, and cover far too much ground as forwards while the present midfield hardly makes any forward runs or passes, always side to side and expecting the forwards to run to the box and through a hailstorm of defenders. You do that for 60 matches and your gasket blows, simple.... Van Nistelrooy will never accept that nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Real Madrid UCL Final (0 - 1) On 28th May 2022 by Starz825(m): 10:01am On May 29, 2022
Slynation:
it will be oO... Liverpool are very good in counter with a very fast pace and Madrid can't handle such pressure, This is not a double legged game where 2nd leg will likely save them
Madrid is even more dangerous in a one leg match such as the UCL final match against whosoever team...
Little wonder we have. 14 UCL titles...

We are serial winner...
5 cups in 9 seasons... remaining 4 was shared among four other European Giants in Barcelona Liverpool Bayern and Chelsea...
You can imagine how great this club is ...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liverpool Vs Real Madrid UCL Final (0 - 1) On 28th May 2022 by BENEAMATA: 10:04am On May 29, 2022
post=113265377:
Chelsea Fans, with this win, Madrid will be paying our club up to 20 million pounds (we gonna find out the accurate money soon).
They paying us the money because of the clause in Eden Hazard contract.
That if he wins the Champions League at his time in Madrid, they gonna pay us that amount.

So it's good news for us.
Win Win situation for Chelsea.
BLUES
FOR LIFE.
HALA MADRID
Imagine oh , as in boehly ted.just moved into a new 4.7 billion pounds office apartment only to find a sack of about 20 million pounds in one corner gathering dust .Al- barka club , that chelsea fc .

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Real Madrid UCL Final (0 - 1) On 28th May 2022 by BigDawsNet: 10:06am On May 29, 2022
Reference:

OX should leave..... agreed.

We need full-time replacement for Arnold... someone trusted like tsimikas..... are you joking. If he did not play yesterday and they still lost, the Kopp will skin Klopp alive. The problem is not Arnold. He is a fantastic player. The problem is controlling him, knowing his strengths and limitations and using him when and where appropriate aka tactics.

We need a replacement for Salah... someone to give him rest... we lack that towards the final... Madrid was able to rest majority of their player giving them a stronger team... totally disagree.

Liverpool is already overloaded with forwards. His form yesterday was just down to the number of games he played in chasing the quad and esp in an Afcon year. What liverpool lacks is a highly competent attacking midfielder to make that 'killer pass' and take away the 'drving load' the trio of Salah, Mane and Diaz undertake every match.

Those guys work too hard for the team, and cover far too much ground as forwards while the present midfield hardly makes any forward runs or passes, always side to side and expecting the forwards to run to the box and through a hailstorm of defenders. You do that for 60 matches and your gasket blows, simple.... Van Nistelrooy will never accept that nonsense.

Sorry about the word "Replacement " I ment an assistant like Timiska... someone to give Arnold some rest... we can't depend on gomez to be an assistant to Arnold for this coming season... a better full-time right back is needed on bench....

You may disagree but Salah needs a trusted Assistant winger...
Players like
Minamino
Origi
Elliot
OX were supposed to be salah assistant... non was even considered as a sub yesterday and most of our important games... which shows... they are not trusted player to deliver... don't get me wrong... they are fantastic... but can we confirm they will deliver like daiz?... so I think... selling OX, Origi can probably welcome us a new proper Winger that can challenge Salah....

A solid team must not depend on just one team doing the job everyday...
They will surely get tired, and restless...

If we start Minamino, Origi, and OX as our starting forward against a team like westham... it's very possible Liverpool will loose or draw the match...

So that's shows... we cant depend on that kind of players for next season challenge...

Unlike mancity that can field Grealish nd Foden..and still win comfortably

We need people has high rated as Salah on bench waiting to coming in and continue whatever has been done in firsthalf

Finally
The new attacking midfielder Fabio Carvalho...what's the plan with the young star?.. are we going to field a 19 old boy for the next season or what's the plan exactly... because I'm still excepting a senior midfielder that will replace Gini ....
Re: Liverpool Vs Real Madrid UCL Final (0 - 1) On 28th May 2022 by Jnrprince1(m): 10:12am On May 29, 2022
Hala Madrid
StrongAlphMale:
Abeg let someone help me shout....

HALLA MADRID!!!

Quote me if you're a MADRID fan. We deserve to celebrate this victory!!!!!!!!
Re: Liverpool Vs Real Madrid UCL Final (0 - 1) On 28th May 2022 by samwash(m): 10:25am On May 29, 2022
hotwax:

Liverpool mad Chelsea won it on the last 5years.

Is that even the argument? You are shifting the argument. Now I believe your brain they leak.

You started with English teams are overrated..the same English team that beat 3laliga teams to win trophy.

It's Madrid time tonight...let them enjoy it and stop behaving like a lunatic patient

I wanted to reply you but reading your first statement, for sure your brain they actually pain you,your brain is full of wax. Idiot!!
Re: Liverpool Vs Real Madrid UCL Final (0 - 1) On 28th May 2022 by EbukaHades10(m): 10:29am On May 29, 2022
Martinez39s:
From quadruple to minor double. grin
EbukaHades10, donoro, and others, where una dey?

Hala Madrid!
After clearing my head, I can now say Hala Madrid
Re: Liverpool Vs Real Madrid UCL Final (0 - 1) On 28th May 2022 by Slynation(m): 10:43am On May 29, 2022
Starz825:

Madrid is even more dangerous in a one leg match such as the UCL final match against whosoever team...
Little wonder we have. 14 UCL titles...

We are serial winner...
5 cups in 9 seasons... remaining 4 was shared among four other European Giants in Barcelona Liverpool Bayern and Chelsea...
You can imagine how great this club is ...
No one is doubting their greatness, it's your time, enjoy it while it last, remember you went over 10years without winning the UCL, so my time will come again...
Re: Liverpool Vs Real Madrid UCL Final (0 - 1) On 28th May 2022 by openmine(m): 10:55am On May 29, 2022
VlamesIffect:

If kareems first goal in first half wasn't ruled as no goal what will u have said about the vicinus goal being their only chance?

Liverpool had over 19 attempts and couldn't convert 1. Madrid had 2 and converted both. One didn't count.

Again Madrid had a balanced tactics. To be able to score in 59 min & not pack box till 95min, they kept putting pressure in mid & attack & still didn't concede a goal. That's a balanced gameplay baba.

FYI Goal ruled out as offside is not counted as shot on goal!
Oga If mid and defence was balanced,how come they were bypassed and 9 shots where fired including a one on one situation with salah!

You won't even be saying this if one or two of the LFC 9 shots hit d net!

The person you should be thanking is the Madrid keeper who seemed to be playing in god-mode cos those saves were unimaginable!

Ask why the keeper of Madrid was given MOM and not the players from midfield or defence....

Bottom line is that the only chance Madrid had was converted while LFC players squandered their own chances! And that's the difference!
There was nothing tactical about letting in 9 shots on goal!
Simple!
Re: Liverpool Vs Real Madrid UCL Final (0 - 1) On 28th May 2022 by VlamesIffect(f): 11:03am On May 29, 2022
openmine:

FYI Goal ruled out as offside is not counted as shot on goal!
Oga If mid and defence was balanced,how come they were bypassed and 9 shots where fired including a one on one situation with salah!

You won't even be saying this if one or two of the LFC 9 shots hit d net!

The person you should be thanking is the Madrid keeper who seemed to be playing in god-mode cos those saves were unimaginable!

Ask why the keeper of Madrid was given MOM and not the players from midfield or defence....

Bottom line is that the only chance Madrid had was converted while LFC players squandered their own chances! And that's the difference!
There was nothing tactical about letting in 9 shots on goal!
Simple!

Baba you don't know what a balanced gameplay is abeg.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Real Madrid UCL Final (0 - 1) On 28th May 2022 by openmine(m): 11:17am On May 29, 2022
VlamesIffect:

Baba you don't know what a balanced gameplay is abeg.
Or maybe you don't even know where it should be used!
You cannot label a team or tactics that let in 9 shots from an opponent as balanced!
Re: Liverpool Vs Real Madrid UCL Final (0 - 1) On 28th May 2022 by VlamesIffect(f): 11:22am On May 29, 2022
openmine:

Or maybe you don't even know where it should be used!
You cannot label a team or tactics that let in 9 shots from an opponent as balanced!

No need arguing with you. You should google or ask what a balanced gameplay is & how it differs from attack minded & defensive gameplay. Ok?

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Real Madrid UCL Final (0 - 1) On 28th May 2022 by Jazzman01: 11:26am On May 29, 2022
Silentgroper:
Doesnt madrid set up requires a full back.. Y is militao doing d job of their fullback..

Militao does it whenever carvajal overlaps. Kanote did same many times whenever Arnold has gone awol ! But for that particular goal, Arnold was available but switched off completely.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Real Madrid UCL Final (0 - 1) On 28th May 2022 by Martinez39s(m): 11:50am On May 29, 2022
EbukaHades10:
After clearing my head, I can now say Hala Madrid
It must really hurt to be so close to the quadruple and narrowly lose out on the two big ones. Upon the gengen press and everything, na FA and Carabao una go take hold body, cups Chelsea's wastefulness and Man City's second-choice goalie handed to you.

Liverpool are simply not good enough. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liverpool Vs Real Madrid UCL Final (0 - 1) On 28th May 2022 by Demurray: 11:59am On May 29, 2022
caprini1:
That Chelsea squad against madrid in Spain was in beast mode,the toughest game for madrid enroute the final.
. Can agree more . Lose at home turned them to that beast

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Chelsea : FA Cup Final (2 - 1) On 1st August 2020 / Manchester United Vs Liverpool (0 - 5) On 24th October 2021 / Arsenal Vs Chelsea :FA Cup Final (2 - 1) On 27th May 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.