Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,172 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter (28211 Views)

Whatsapp To Allow Users To Edit Sent Messages, But Only Within 15 Mins Range / Twitter DMs To Have End To End Encryption - Elon Musk / Twitter Increases Tweet Characters Limit For Users To Express Their Selves More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by Contekbbc: 9:01am On May 04, 2022
Twitter is overrated!

Wetin I wan do for Twitter wey I no go fit do for Nairaland,Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn,telegram, discord, Snapchat etc.

I beg Elon musk should do the large scale COMMERCIALIZATION asap.
Who cares!
You can only do that to a product that people can't do without or does not have competitors.

LinkedIn has helped more people in terms of job, connection and advertisement than Twitter in all sense.

Sometimes ,having a huge money does not guarantee success in business.

Money is not SENSE.

4 Likes

Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by fernandoc(m): 9:02am On May 04, 2022
Imagine a multitude of broke guys here advicing a billionaire on how best to run his business. Joblessness

5 Likes

Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by jaxxy(m): 9:03am On May 04, 2022
Segunaja:
Business thrives when family and friends pay their dues. Twitter is not an NGO

nobody pays for Instagram or Facebook. Elon rethink especially for commercial users who aren't making much sales or publicity from twitter due to its current level.

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by wonlasewonimi: 9:04am On May 04, 2022
Corporate bodies should be paying for it to disseminate information. You pay for financial times and magazines online. CNN and the likes will pay for the service. This dude will eventually become a trillionaire
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by petroldollar: 9:05am On May 04, 2022
He should make them pay in Dodge.
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by Nobody: 9:06am On May 04, 2022
All this re jacks fault,what was he thinking will happen after he sold Twitter for that amount,its now a market..if it was an NGO kinda stuff,it shouldn't have been sold,so elon musk,move ahead and make yourself some money

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by Funkyswagzz(m): 9:07am On May 04, 2022
Yes this is good.. i love it
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by Cognitivereason: 9:07am On May 04, 2022
seyoops4u:
Ooh..
But the Government can open their mouth wide and ask Twitter to be registered in Nigeria thereby collecting tax.

Let pay too na. By the time all the gov parastatals on Twitter are billed for using the app, it would make sense and balance.

Oga stop advertising ur ignorance ...
Twitter rakes millions of dollars through ads places on their site by Nigerian businesses..

It odd for them to keep making money from both local buinesses and users and still not pay tax to the host country...

How can people pay Twitter to put up ads and Twitter still still want users to pay to view those ads...isn't that madness...

No wahala..
I hope he buys whatapp and YouTube and implement the same strategy on users...since u no get sense..

4 Likes

Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by Jostoman: 9:07am On May 04, 2022
datola:
The capitalist Elon Musk is coming out "small small"

Buhari, Lai Muhammed, Malami et all will pay.
grin

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by Cognitivereason: 9:07am On May 04, 2022
seyoops4u:
Ooh..
But the Government can open their mouth wide and ask Twitter to be registered in Nigeria thereby collecting tax.

[s]Let pay too na. By the time all the gov parastatals on Twitter are billed for using the app, it would make sense and balance.[/s]

Oga stop advertising ur ignorance ...
Twitter rakes millions of dollars through ads places on their site by Nigerian businesses..

It odd for them to keep making money from both local buinesses and users and still not pay tax to the host country...

How can people pay Twitter to put up ads and Twitter still still want users to pay to view those ads...isn't that madness...

No wahala..
I hope he buys whatapp and YouTube and implement the same strategy on users...since u no get sense..

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by yetunsbay(m): 9:09am On May 04, 2022
SmartPolician:
It makes sense. If anyone doesn't like it, go and develop your own app and get people all over the world to start using it for free. Na you go still tire.

Twitter pays lots of workers to keep improving its services and keep the network secure.

And Twitter didn't just started
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by yetunsbay(m): 9:09am On May 04, 2022
nairavsdollars:
Even Federal Government of Nigeria will pay
Money plenty.....make him name hin price
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by Udemzy05: 9:10am On May 04, 2022
olola4:
This will pave way for competitors to come in.

Which of the competitors?
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by tonididdy(m): 9:10am On May 04, 2022
Lol this guy wants to shoot himself in the leg!

Africans pay to tweet... should we tell him grin
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by LZAA: 9:10am On May 04, 2022
So sanity will finally return to twitter grin grin
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by cheaperstores: 9:10am On May 04, 2022
Musk is approaching $300 billion dollar worth and will come to buy Africa soon. He's going to use Twitter and other business interest to raise lots of money and takeover some African states.

etokhana:

https://punchng.com/commercial-govt-users-to-pay-for-twitter-says-elon-musk/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1651647800-1
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by Zorn: 9:11am On May 04, 2022
Mko123:
Commercialize everything and see the way Africans will drop the shit of as if it's leprosy.

I'm pretty sure that this billionaire failed his entrepreneurship
courses
Failed theory but passed practical with distinction.

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by Udemzy05: 9:11am On May 04, 2022
olaboy33:
Well, it appears Jack and Elon have different ideologies on the usage of Twitter.

My concern is, after commercials and government pay for usage, would there still be restrictions on what can be posted on twitter

Restrictions on what to post?

Haba where have you been naa? Haven't you read some of his post?
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by Oddfinder: 9:11am On May 04, 2022
Just like the dangote refinery
Nigerians expecting to buy cheap fuel grom dangote will be disappointed
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by ade1298(m): 9:13am On May 04, 2022
Ok…☹️
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by emmykk(m): 9:13am On May 04, 2022
Parachoko:
Good one

When it gets to a point individuals will start paying to use Twitter, then I will move.

The post is fake he only saylid free speech is free for casual users not not free for government and private businesses

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by emmy4real94(m): 9:13am On May 04, 2022
Hence free speech.. post whatever you want
olaboy33:
Well, it appears Jack and Elon have different ideologies on the usage of Twitter.

My concern is, after commercials and government pay for usage, would there still be restrictions on what can be posted on twitter
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by Tonytonex(m): 9:14am On May 04, 2022
I saw the tweet on his handle.
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by Angel55555(m): 9:17am On May 04, 2022
Heathrow44:
I knew it would come to this, None of elon musk services has been useful to Nigerians, PayPal, SpaceX, Boring, Tesla, Sprint, And now twitter is being monetized, Abeg Jack Dorsey should buy back twitter we were better off under Jack than this idiot ! Monetizing twitter is going to be like Netflix subscription and PayPal u can never use in nigeria, And if u think elon musk is not going to extend this pay per service to his "causal users like me and u, then u re dreaming! he has to get back $44Bn he bought it for I believe in Jack dorsey`s concept of twitter! since elon musk toke over, u can't sign in as a new user into twitter, keeps telling you "sorry the code can't be sent to your phone "
Why can't you use Netflix in Nigeria?
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by bluefilm: 9:26am On May 04, 2022
Elon the Business man.
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by anselm791(m): 9:27am On May 04, 2022
My man!!!!

I might begin to take people with blue chips seriously when they start paying for the service
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by bluefilm: 9:28am On May 04, 2022
nairavsdollars:

They might even start putting it in the National Budget.
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by Rebelutionary: 9:29am On May 04, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:
So instead of paying tax, guy man wan tax Nigeria govt.

Bubu in the mud

But zombies said Twitter lost revenue during the ban through loss of income from govt and commercial users.

Aye gbogbo awon zombie yii o ni da
With or without the Nigerian government ban, twitter has always posted losses year on year except 2018 and 2019...lets learn to read devoid of emotions/politics - Read https://www.hindustantimes.com/world-news/can-twitter-with-losses-for-past-2-years-become-profitable-under-musk-101651049517513.html

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by do4luv14(m): 9:35am On May 04, 2022
nairavsdollars:

why not, shebi them was collect VAT, make them pay too
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by Guderian(m): 9:37am On May 04, 2022
Who is suppose to pay between government and company owner.
I think it's ok for commercial users to pay for ads and stuff
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by Druss(m): 9:39am On May 04, 2022
Great news especially for government and political users
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by lexy2014: 9:39am On May 04, 2022
datola:

Buhari, Lai Muhammed, Malami et all will pay.

Exactly. But u will see how much they will put in the budget for twitter

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Infinix Hot 10 Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) / Top Best Websites To Download Android Games In 2018 / Ntel Makes First Volte Call In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.