Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,966 members, 7,956,620 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:30 PM

My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering (25259 Views)

Mummy Has Calmed Down And Boy Is Smiling In Short Interview After / 17-Year-Old Boy Buys A Car For His Mother In Lagos. See Reactions (Photo, Video) / My Handsome Boy Is A Year Old Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by Gabriel246: 10:10pm On May 05, 2022
Pls take it easy
Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by zombieTRACKER: 10:10pm On May 05, 2022
guru03:
Hello Professional Health workers in the house, Mt two year old son who is learning to talk is stammering, please I need help on that. Moderator please post it to front page.
Humans do stutter

desk with it

nothing serious here
Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by chibu4u2(m): 10:11pm On May 05, 2022
Ezedon:
Give him beer

grin
Beer ke!
Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by Westernequinox: 10:11pm On May 05, 2022
Play him apostle Arome osayi messages and he would contact something that would make the formation vof his words fruitful from the spirit
guru03:
Hello Professional Health workers in the house, Mt two year old son who is learning to talk is stammering, please I need help on that. Moderator please post it to front page.
Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by Offixialsecret(m): 10:13pm On May 05, 2022
The Board of Trustees collection is an #Nft collection aiming at business minded individual.

Once launch each holder will automatically be included into our private chat where we discuss/vote on what to invest 80% of the money we made from selling out the Nft collection into. With each holder having an entitlement to the profit accord to the numbers of shares his/her #Nft #BOT character carry.

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by wiseone28: 10:13pm On May 05, 2022
I used to stammer when i was a kid but now nothing of such.
I only stammer if i am extremely angry.
Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by iykofias(m): 10:13pm On May 05, 2022
dawnomike:
Do not pressure him unnecessarily... Start speech therapy for him early as he grows.
You both will be all fine
Mindlog:
It is known as developmental stuttering, some kids outgrow it while some, don't.

To be on the safer side, seek the intervention of a Speech-language therapist.
DontBullshitMe:
Consult a speech therapist.

If you need an internet user to tell you what to do in this instance, I doubt you are fit to be called a parent.
Chiefbutcher007:
As someone up there Said,you should take your child to a speech language pathologist for speech therapy,Stammering can be overcome.

Also take your child to see a neurologist to determine the source of the stuttering.
Peace.
pls where can one meet a speech therapist in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by Soffyh(m): 10:14pm On May 05, 2022
Aforxzy:
He's a child that's still learning how to speak and could probably be imitating someone. Please correct him immediately and tell he not to rush his words while speaking. He might also outgrow it as he grows older.

You can take him to a speech therapists if you are so bothered.
once I read any lady comments then i move cool
Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by NamelessOGBENI(m): 10:14pm On May 05, 2022
care4you:
He's not the first nor the last to stammer

So,

I declare this topic null and void

Comrade wey no care for the OP
Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by chiedu7: 10:15pm On May 05, 2022
guru03:
Its mainly psychological

Encourage him to relax & talk slowly
Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by jrusky(m): 10:15pm On May 05, 2022
He wil outgrow it with time just teach him the technique to be talking slowly.

1 Like

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by Patriotic9ja(m): 10:17pm On May 05, 2022
Was he stammering before? If he wasn't and you just noticed he started suddenly..... then I can share my experience. My daughter was speaking normally before, then all of a sudden at about 2 to 3 years, she started having difficulty speaking normal. We were worried, I made some research and realised that some children pass through that phase while growing up. We did some therapies with her at home and were patient with her. In less than 2 months everything returned to normal.

Yours could just be similar and nothing to worry about. In developmental stages, many temporary behaviours and conditions can develop in kids. Just guide and encourage them through the process till they overcome them.

Never make him feel tensed or worried about the temporary condition. Just guide him with patience. He will surely outgrow it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by dynicks(m): 10:18pm On May 05, 2022
U guys should visit s speech therapist.....

Don't joke with it......and make sure he socializes too......

Damn!!..That shit really has dealt with me seriously!!

1 Like

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by Freddy2021(m): 10:27pm On May 05, 2022
Just give him time till when he can talk well... if he continues, make him read aloud always and it would stop
Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by dameddy(m): 10:30pm On May 05, 2022
It's not a bad thing but you can correct it by telling him to always calm down whenever he wants to talk. He shouldn't rush to talk, that's how mine was been corrected. Mine was bad to the extent that I do hit my feet on the ground before I can talk but was corrected by calming down and stopped rush talking with that, he will be corrected without any medical nor spiritual intervention.

1 Like

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by Bigfish121(m): 10:33pm On May 05, 2022
Something like this happened to my cousin.With the it will go away.no big deal at all.
Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by freelancesafety(m): 10:34pm On May 05, 2022
It okay to be concern, but it is nothing to panic about, just calm him down whenever he tries to stammer, tell him to say the words slowly.. He will definitely outgrow it.

This may sound funny but it worked for my daughter, Let him always drink water with a straw, get him a water bottle with a straw, don't use cup for now..

2 Likes

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by madgoat(m): 10:34pm On May 05, 2022
guru03:

He has been bewitched by your grandmother grin
Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by euniquea(f): 10:40pm On May 05, 2022
I think that's how they are at that age.... My niece does the same thing currently.... My daughter did the same thing too when she was 2 or so.... Now she is the one reading for her class (8yrs now)

Don't worry yourself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by Princeton92(m): 10:45pm On May 05, 2022
Mindlog:

Possessed by who/what?

By he, himself "Ebubu" angry angry
Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by Olam09(m): 10:46pm On May 05, 2022
guru03:

He'll get over it by time.. one of my junior sibling use to stammer while we were very young back then but now he speaks fluently.

1 Like

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by oloko1859(m): 10:48pm On May 05, 2022
Speech therapist may help medically

But one thing I know for sure is people who stutter usually have many words in their heads before they say it, so always remind your son to calm down and say the words one after the other once you notice the stuttering in his speech

1 Like

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by chronique(m): 10:53pm On May 05, 2022
guru03:

I used to stammer as a child but eventually grew out of it, thanks to my mom. I'm not sure how she did it but I know it can be done. Seek professional help from people who have a better understanding of these things.
Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by OgunkeelAllMod: 10:55pm On May 05, 2022
He'll get over it in time but you must never leave no Stone unturned in ensuring your full support and care.. sometimes, it's hereditary, sometimes, it's just a passing phase..if the problem persist,pls see a doctor
Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by bummyla(m): 10:56pm On May 05, 2022
Please allow him to suck his fingers, that's God's and nature's way of correcting speech impediments, allow him to be using pacifier, don't listen to what people will say, allow him to suck his fingers, and the muscles of his vocal chords, tongue and mouth will be strengthened!

You can still take him to a speech therapist!

1 Like

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by Christistruth00: 10:58pm On May 05, 2022
Pray for the Child as well as doing the Therapy
Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by Ebubu: 10:58pm On May 05, 2022
Princeton92:

By he, himself "Ebubu" angry angry
grin
Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by olabrinks(f): 10:58pm On May 05, 2022
My two year old son is barely talking
Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by Originalsly: 11:00pm On May 05, 2022
Hmmm......2 year old... now learning to talk.... and you conclude it's stammering. When he was learning to walk.... and been falling.... did you conclude he was handicapped?.... something wrong with his balance? Do you read to your child? If is not Soyinka's .... leave the toddler alone or help him to talk period.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Names For Twin Girls / A closed mouth may soon turn to a dead body.Please your help is needed / How Do I Deal With An Annoying Father-in-law ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.