Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Have You Ever Applied And Gotten A Job You Had No Experience For ? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Have You Ever Applied And Gotten A Job You Had No Experience For ? (12791 Views)

Finally Gotten A Job / Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience / Who Has Done An Interview Or Gotten A Job Since COVID-19 Started? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Applied And Gotten A Job You Had No Experience For ? by maiiilooo(m): 11:38am On May 05, 2022
We all know the normal scenario where employers seek for workers with years of experiences usually strating from 1 to 10 years depending on the kind of job or work . Although some might say it's all formalities, that the employers might select a candidate whether experienced ones or not, as far as he or she is qualified and their course of study is in line with what they are applying for.
So has anyone here ever applied for a job he or she had no experience for and was lucky to be given the job ?

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Applied And Gotten A Job You Had No Experience For ? by dalass(f): 1:04pm On May 05, 2022
grin

Well I suppose that anyone who ever got a job the first time had no experience for it. But you will know about it whether through formal education or learning handwork.

First to comment.... Today I'm getting a fat cheque from Seun grin grin

31 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Applied And Gotten A Job You Had No Experience For ? by sanity12(m): 1:04pm On May 05, 2022
Yea, Applied for Petrol attendant den and I got d job grin

Now a Cloud Computing Engineer
Life is in Stages

All will be well in Jesus Name

63 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Applied And Gotten A Job You Had No Experience For ? by Lalami3232(m): 1:04pm On May 05, 2022
As a software developer, one thing be say if you no get experience, you go apply for jobs tire. Dem no dey pity person for this field oooo. Who no sabi program no go ever get any single luck, except na your uncle get the company. That's why software guys dey change jobs anyhow because dem know say if to say dem no good, the employer for no give them the job. As a software guy, if you know your worth, oyibo sef go beg you tire.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Applied And Gotten A Job You Had No Experience For ? by inoki247: 1:04pm On May 05, 2022
undecided undecidedyes

Ashawoo nd Mortuary attendantundecided undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Applied And Gotten A Job You Had No Experience For ? by Anaerobi(m): 1:05pm On May 05, 2022
I need a job ..

Location, Adamawa
Re: Have You Ever Applied And Gotten A Job You Had No Experience For ? by Abaje195(m): 1:05pm On May 05, 2022
angry
Re: Have You Ever Applied And Gotten A Job You Had No Experience For ? by Fatbam003: 1:05pm On May 05, 2022
It's either when Grace speaks or availability of Strong connection available .

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Applied And Gotten A Job You Had No Experience For ? by BizAdviser: 1:05pm On May 05, 2022
No
Re: Have You Ever Applied And Gotten A Job You Had No Experience For ? by Bustincole(m): 1:06pm On May 05, 2022
In Nigeria... i dont tink so

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Applied And Gotten A Job You Had No Experience For ? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 1:06pm On May 05, 2022
Connection talks..
Re: Have You Ever Applied And Gotten A Job You Had No Experience For ? by spafu(m): 1:06pm On May 05, 2022
Hmm
Re: Have You Ever Applied And Gotten A Job You Had No Experience For ? by Mindlog: 1:07pm On May 05, 2022
I had no experience working with children with neurodevelopmental disorders within a school setting but applied my clinical experience in psychiatric facilities to scale through the interviews and got my present job.

16 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Applied And Gotten A Job You Had No Experience For ? by Truth234(m): 1:09pm On May 05, 2022
Shockingly a lot do

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Applied And Gotten A Job You Had No Experience For ? by Adejumo7: 1:09pm On May 05, 2022
maiiilooo:
We all know the normal scenario where employers seek for workers with years of experiences usually strating from 1 to 10 years depending on the kind of job or work . Although some might say it's all formalities, that the employers might select a candidate whether experienced ones or not, as far as he or she is qualified and their course of study is in line with what they are applying for.
So has anyone here ever applied for a job he or she had no experience for and was lucky to be given the job ?

I need a job
Re: Have You Ever Applied And Gotten A Job You Had No Experience For ? by Johntemmy(m): 1:09pm On May 05, 2022
Hun
Re: Have You Ever Applied And Gotten A Job You Had No Experience For ? by LUAN(m): 1:09pm On May 05, 2022
Omor,...my friend sent my number a foam manufacturing company telling Them that I can operate a machine there,.. machine wey I never see before, not to talk of operating it, I no even know the name of the machine,...na so HR dey disturb me to come start work, she called me everyday to come start work, I no gree go because I wasn't not lagos

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Applied And Gotten A Job You Had No Experience For ? by BigDawsNet: 1:09pm On May 05, 2022
I got a job where I needed about extra 30% of skills to acquire...

The HR saw my potential and hire me..

She said "promise me you will catch up with that particular skills in few months"

I said yes ma'am....

The rest was fine

32 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Applied And Gotten A Job You Had No Experience For ? by dalass(f): 1:10pm On May 05, 2022
Anaerobi:
I need a job ..

Location, Adamawa

You'll need to move to a safer area in Naija. smiley

I don't know if jobs are still available at such locations of insecurity like Adamawa.. I wish you all the best sha

11 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Applied And Gotten A Job You Had No Experience For ? by BarrElChapo(m): 1:11pm On May 05, 2022
angry
Re: Have You Ever Applied And Gotten A Job You Had No Experience For ? by dalass(f): 1:11pm On May 05, 2022
Jamesmadisson:
Yes, and that became my highest paid job. Over 350k per month

Please tell us that job... Just asking oh grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Applied And Gotten A Job You Had No Experience For ? by WhizdomXX(m): 1:13pm On May 05, 2022
I am on this thread to learn.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Applied And Gotten A Job You Had No Experience For ? by Skyfornia(m): 1:15pm On May 05, 2022
Yes cause my first job...I had no experience, straight outta school.

Also my present business, I didn't have no single experience before I started the business, I learnt everything while on the job.

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Applied And Gotten A Job You Had No Experience For ? by RedScorpion(f): 1:15pm On May 05, 2022
Yes
But Talking about Experience, how can must people get it unless they are giving the chance to work ?
In Other News:

Sweden Receives U.S. Security Assurances If It Hands In NATO Application

https://www.nairaland.com/7110971/sweden-receives-u.s-security-assurances

Joe Biden Says US Is Helping To Make The War A ‘strategic Failure’ For Russia

https://www.nairaland.com/7109325/joe-biden-says-us-helping

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Applied And Gotten A Job You Had No Experience For ? by Anaerobi(m): 1:16pm On May 05, 2022
dalass:

You'll need to move to a safer area in Naija. smiley

I don't know if jobs are still available at such locations of insecurity like Adamawa.. I wish you all the best sha

Lol.... Hahahaha. You are funny you know?

You just remind me of a late friend that wanted to travel to his uncle place in Jos, during Jos crisis in 2010. Our government teacher told him. "Find out if your uncle in Jos is still alive before you embark on your journey".

Well, thank you. If a better opportunity comes out in another location, I have to make a move.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Applied And Gotten A Job You Had No Experience For ? by WhizdomXX(m): 1:16pm On May 05, 2022
dalass:
grin

Well I suppose that anyone who ever got a job the first time had no experience for it. But you will know about it whether through formal education or learning handwork.

First to comment.... Today I'm getting a fat cheque from Seun grin grin
Does Seun really pay the first to comment?

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Applied And Gotten A Job You Had No Experience For ? by bigdammyj: 1:16pm On May 05, 2022
No.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Applied And Gotten A Job You Had No Experience For ? by serverconnect(m): 1:16pm On May 05, 2022
Yes oo. The company have to train me.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Applied And Gotten A Job You Had No Experience For ? by Greatn3ss: 1:17pm On May 05, 2022
Let the lies begin to roll in

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Applied And Gotten A Job You Had No Experience For ? by Springboot: 1:19pm On May 05, 2022
kinzation:
Got a job and not resumed yet

N'landers please help a brother out any amount pending the time I resume my job please

We should also assume your name right? If you're aksing for help, be bold to do it properly except you're shady about it and not sincere.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Apply For Onstream Group Latest Job Recruitment (7 Positions) / KPMG Nigeria Fresh Graduate Job Recruitment (5 Positions) / Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic,kaduna Is Recruiting(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.