Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,216 members, 7,811,598 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

Why Osinbajo Won’t Attend South-west APC Leaders Meeting – Progressive Lawyers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Osinbajo Won’t Attend South-west APC Leaders Meeting – Progressive Lawyers (3194 Views)

Apologise Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Progressive Lawyers For Osinbajo To FFK / Osinbajo & Tinubu Meet & Greet At South-West Leaders' Meeting (Photo) / 2023 Presidency: Why Osinbajo Won’t Contest Against Tinubu – Daniel Bwala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Osinbajo Won’t Attend South-west APC Leaders Meeting – Progressive Lawyers by ganisucks(f): 7:50pm On May 05, 2022
The Vice-President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo will not attend Friday’s meeting called by South West leaders of the All Progressives Congress (APC) for the party’s presidential aspirants from the zone, the Progressive Lawyers for Osinbajo has said.

Aspirants expected at the meeting were Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo; former Lagos State governor and national leader of APC, Senator Bola Tinubu; Ekiti State governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi; immediate past governor of Ogun State and serving senator, Ibikunle Amosun and Pastor Tunde Bakare

The meeting which was the brainchild of two elders of the party, former interim national chairman of the party and former governor of Osun State, Chief Bisi Akande and a former Ogun State governor, Chief Olusegun Osoba.

However, the Progressive Lawyers for Osinbajo in a statement by its convener, Kayode Ajulo said Osinbajo will not attend the meeting as the agenda is bias towards favouring a particular aspirant.

The statement reads “The attention of the Progressive Lawyers for Osinbajo (PLO) has been drawn to a proposed meeting by some leaders of the APC in South West for the APC presidential aspirants of South West extraction slated to hold on tomorrow, Friday, May 6, at State House, Marina, Lagos”.

“We want to commend this initiative which we believe was borne out of our earlier call on the Yoruba leaders to hold a strategic conference to provide direction towards the fate of the South West in the coming presidential election”.

“While it is our utmost desire that such an important meeting be conveyed with a view to establish a consensus harmony between the aspirants of the APC in South West, we want to state clearly that it should be designed appropriately to promote fairness and genuinity of a clear intention”.

“This above scheduled meeting should have been a welcome development but for the following configurations which were not rightfully designed as it is ought to be:

i. Composition of personality invited: The composition of personality invited for this meeting is a testament to our position that the meeting is a sectional affair of the APC and clearly, not in the interest of the southwest and Nigeria .

ii. The Choice of Venue: Lagos Flag House in Marina, Lagos belongs to Lagos State and associates. This venue should not play host to such a meeting if it will be adjudged to be credible and fair. The meeting, if it is in collective good of the people, should be held at a neutral locations like Ibadan, Oyo State or Akure, Ondo State.

iii. Unclear agenda of the meeting: We can state for a fact that the motive of this meeting is inexplicit and undefined to many of the invited aspirants as most of them were never engaged. The manner at which the meeting is conveyed like a secret proceeding shows that the conveners have no defined agenda productive enough to be for the benefits of all.

iv. An already drafted communiqué: Information at our disposal has it that a communique has already been prepared, and in favour of a particular aspirant. This document is currently in circulation among some of the invitees.

The above stated positions have lent credence to the incredibility of the proposed meeting as well as unreliability of same as a compass for the Southwest in the 2023 presidential election.

We want to reiterate in clear terms that our recent call was directed at notable, respected and apolitical Yoruba leaders, who are genuinely interested in the development of the South West and Nigeria; leaders who patriotically and tenaciously hold on to the history and heritage of Yorubaland and the upliftment of the masses against inordinate personal gains.

It is on this premise that we look forward to a meeting convoke by Southwest of note like Chief Afe Babalola, Chief Femi Okunnu, Pa. Ayo Adebanjo, Chief Wole Olanipekun, Prof. Tunde Adeniran, Prof. Bolaji Akinyemi, Iba Gani Adams, the Aare Ona Kakanfo of Yoruba and frontline traditional rulers in South West as well as the Governors from the Region”.

“It is undoubted and without gainsay that the meeting as conveyed with a prewritten communique without the inclusion of the above mentioned notable statesmen on the list of invitees is premeditated and planned to serve a purpose which will apparently not be beneficial to the southwest and Nigeria”.

What is visible to the blind and audible to the deaf is that the clarion call for a consensus aspirant from the Southwest is geared towards support for only one person, Professor Yemi Osinbajo who by his extant station, elevation, credibility, competence, experience, intellect, pedigree, and whom the Benevolent has chosen to be the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Hence, whatever meeting to be convoke must be to ensure that all hands are on deck to support the realisation of this mandate”.

https://independent.ng/why-osinbajo-wont-attend-south-west-apc-leaders-meeting-progressive-lawyers/

3 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Won’t Attend South-west APC Leaders Meeting – Progressive Lawyers by theophorus(m): 7:53pm On May 05, 2022
... This suspicion too much joor.
Well, all men need to be careful make dem no go down bags.
Re: Why Osinbajo Won’t Attend South-west APC Leaders Meeting – Progressive Lawyers by Malory: 8:12pm On May 05, 2022
Tinubu wants to use the opportunity to fight dirty

8 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Won’t Attend South-west APC Leaders Meeting – Progressive Lawyers by Babalawoniger: 8:16pm On May 05, 2022
Osinbajo should be very careful of these people, especially this period. He is a big threat to their life ambition. He must not attend such meeting. May God preserve and protect him.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Won’t Attend South-west APC Leaders Meeting – Progressive Lawyers by Mooh247: 8:21pm On May 05, 2022
cool

Osinbajo writting his own history by himself, let him just run away completely if he loses APC Primaries or If SouthWest loose out entirely ...

History is never kind to people who miscalculated politically and end up been seen as a betrayer

June 1st no far

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Osinbajo Won’t Attend South-west APC Leaders Meeting – Progressive Lawyers by MikoB: 8:27pm On May 05, 2022
What is the sense in bringing a South West aspirants meeting to marina, anyway their plan is dead on arrival, if anyone should step down it should be Tinubu, because all odds are against him.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Won’t Attend South-west APC Leaders Meeting – Progressive Lawyers by donpapa(m): 8:29pm On May 05, 2022
cool
Re: Why Osinbajo Won’t Attend South-west APC Leaders Meeting – Progressive Lawyers by yemmit90: 8:34pm On May 05, 2022
Dont know why I am having this feelings that if Osinbajo take over from Buhari, thing might turn from bad to worse for this country.

5 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Won’t Attend South-west APC Leaders Meeting – Progressive Lawyers by ChoCho54(f): 8:41pm On May 05, 2022
I knew osunbande won't attend. Even Fayemi won't be there.

2 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Won’t Attend South-west APC Leaders Meeting – Progressive Lawyers by Ttalk: 8:44pm On May 05, 2022
ChoCho54:
I knew osunbande won't attend. Even Fayemi won't be there.

Write the name correctly or else

2 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Won’t Attend South-west APC Leaders Meeting – Progressive Lawyers by fergie001: 8:44pm On May 05, 2022
We want to reiterate in clear terms that our recent call was directed at notable, respected and apolitical Yoruba leaders, who are genuinely interested in the development of the South West and Nigeria; leaders who patriotically and tenaciously hold on to the history and heritage of Yorubaland and the upliftment of the masses against inordinate personal gains.

So Pa Osoba & Pa Akande are not SW leaders of repute or what?

8 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Won’t Attend South-west APC Leaders Meeting – Progressive Lawyers by ChoCho54(f): 8:45pm On May 05, 2022
Ttalk:

Tell that to my keypad.
Re: Why Osinbajo Won’t Attend South-west APC Leaders Meeting – Progressive Lawyers by Mooh247: 8:47pm On May 05, 2022
ChoCho54:
Tell that to my keypad.

Ndi-ibo Muslims sef... Ibo woman it is Ooo!!! Siiin!! Bar!! Jooor!!
Re: Why Osinbajo Won’t Attend South-west APC Leaders Meeting – Progressive Lawyers by Yooruba1914: 8:47pm On May 05, 2022
[s]
yemmit90:
Dont know why I am having this feelings that if Osinbajo take over from Buhari, thing might turn from bad to worse for this country.

[/s] prophets of doom. Keep it to yourself. We need intellectuals with backbone, not thieves that see it as their birth rights.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Won’t Attend South-west APC Leaders Meeting – Progressive Lawyers by ChoCho54(f): 8:49pm On May 05, 2022
fergie001:

The chicken finally came home to roost. Tinubu factionalized afenifere and crowned himself second Awo. Even osunbande would have sang his praise then.
But today now, Oro ti Ani baba Koni gbo.

Fill in blank spaces.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Won’t Attend South-west APC Leaders Meeting – Progressive Lawyers by yyba: 8:50pm On May 05, 2022
Hehehe the people telling him not to attend are not even delegates grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Won’t Attend South-west APC Leaders Meeting – Progressive Lawyers by ChoCho54(f): 8:50pm On May 05, 2022
Mooh247:

Ndi-ibo Muslims sef... Ibo woman it is Ooo!!! Siiin!! Bar!! Jooor!!
Tell that to buhari grin grin grin

Didn't you all tell us to follow buhari wherever he goes cheesy

My keypad is already accustomed to it

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Won’t Attend South-west APC Leaders Meeting – Progressive Lawyers by SwissMass: 8:50pm On May 05, 2022
Ttalk:

Why waste your time on someone blinded by sentiment and hatred.
Re: Why Osinbajo Won’t Attend South-west APC Leaders Meeting – Progressive Lawyers by ChoCho54(f): 8:51pm On May 05, 2022
SwissMass:
Ara e fa! Wayray!

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Won’t Attend South-west APC Leaders Meeting – Progressive Lawyers by duality(m): 8:52pm On May 05, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

Osinbajo writting his own history by himself, let him just run away completely if he loses APC Primaries or If SouthWest loose out entirely ...

History is never kind to people who miscalculate politically and end up been seen as a betrayer

June 1st no far

Is South West seeking sectional leadership?

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Won’t Attend South-west APC Leaders Meeting – Progressive Lawyers by Ttalk: 8:53pm On May 05, 2022
ChoCho54:
The chicken finally came home to roost. Tinubu factionalized afenifere and crowned himself second Awo. Even osunbande would have sang his praise then.

Fill in blank spaces.

I dey enjoy your Yoruba afipaso
Re: Why Osinbajo Won’t Attend South-west APC Leaders Meeting – Progressive Lawyers by Mooh247: 8:53pm On May 05, 2022
duality:

Is South West seeking sectional leadership?

Did I infer that in my comment
Re: Why Osinbajo Won’t Attend South-west APC Leaders Meeting – Progressive Lawyers by SwissMass: 8:53pm On May 05, 2022
ChoCho54:
Ara e fa! Wayray!
Your parents will proud of you, you know their name
Re: Why Osinbajo Won’t Attend South-west APC Leaders Meeting – Progressive Lawyers by Indispensable85(m): 8:55pm On May 05, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

History is never kind to people who miscalculate politically and end up been seen as a betrayer

June 1st no far

Hahahahahahahaha......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Osinbajo Won’t Attend South-west APC Leaders Meeting – Progressive Lawyers by fergie001: 8:55pm On May 05, 2022
ChoCho54:

Fill in blank spaces.
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Leave me alone oooooo grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Won’t Attend South-west APC Leaders Meeting – Progressive Lawyers by TheNiceGuy(m): 8:56pm On May 05, 2022
Oshinbajo, Fayemi and Amosun should get ready to be stoned and demonize across Yorubaland should Southwest lose the ticket.

They're just there to play spoiler game because I don't know their political worth which can earn them APC ticket.

We're keenly watching

ChoCho54:
Chai!

Won ti nto Ara ooo!!
My Leader and Political mentor is an Omoluabi.
His word was just taken out of context.

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Won’t Attend South-west APC Leaders Meeting – Progressive Lawyers by ChoCho54(f): 8:56pm On May 05, 2022
Ttalk:

I dey enjoy your Yoruba afipaso
Afipaso how? I read Alawiye. I read Efusetam Aniwura etc and wrote them too. I did Islamic studies too.
I can write and read yoruba better than most of you.
Re: Why Osinbajo Won’t Attend South-west APC Leaders Meeting – Progressive Lawyers by Indispensable85(m): 8:56pm On May 05, 2022
fergie001:

Lol.......

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Won’t Attend South-west APC Leaders Meeting – Progressive Lawyers by Ttalk: 8:57pm On May 05, 2022
SwissMass:

The girlboy just dey cruise ni, he is not like some emotional dumbass like Asgard, truthisunique and Mrvitalis
Re: Why Osinbajo Won’t Attend South-west APC Leaders Meeting – Progressive Lawyers by ChoCho54(f): 8:58pm On May 05, 2022
SwissMass:
Your parents will proud of you, you know their name
Elesetinrin embarassed
Re: Why Osinbajo Won’t Attend South-west APC Leaders Meeting – Progressive Lawyers by ChoCho54(f): 8:59pm On May 05, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
angry
Chai!

Won ti nto Ara ooo!!
Re: Why Osinbajo Won’t Attend South-west APC Leaders Meeting – Progressive Lawyers by Mooh247: 8:59pm On May 05, 2022
ChoCho54:
Tell that to buhari grin grin grin

Didn't you all tell us to follow buhari wherever he goes cheesy

My keypad is already accustomed to it

My Ndi - Ibo friend, follow who know road... follow Tinubu man wey Sabi way

Jibril elsudan no Sabi way, Abi no be he call una 5%ter , dot in the circle... Mazi Bola Ahmed Tinubu Jagaban won't ever say such to Okoro .. never.. I loves Okoro dearly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Has Hinted At Choosing Emmanuel Udom As His Vice President. Good? / Anyone Else Notice This New Trend On Nairaland / With Strong Evidence Before The Court,tinubu Could Be 1st President To Be Remove

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.