Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,101 members, 7,835,714 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

I Am Confused. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am Confused. (1847 Views)

I Am Confused! What Should I Do Please? / Please Help Am Confused !!! Girl In Medical School A Turn Off? / My Neighbor's Daughter Sent This To Me!... Please Am Confused On What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Confused. by okoroemeka(m): 7:34pm On May 06, 2022
Akinzola:
I'm waiting for the elderly ones.
first of all why keeping your wife at home with you when you know she wants to be at the market,her mind and soul will not be together at that time,it is just a forced holidays,as long as it is strictly business and no hidden agenda in the market,why not,give her a very long lesh,don't even try to restrict,curtail,or scuttle her ideas and ambition just for her to be with you, slowly adapt and start filling in some gaps she may leave behind, believe me she will love you more and volunteer her time specially for you,if she is a business woman support her with encouraging words and cover her back,love is sweetest when the woman is happy not when she is forced to sit down at home sullenly,you will have a happy family
Re: I Am Confused. by Yusufisraelj(m): 8:18pm On May 06, 2022
tsmith:

Let me get this straight, you want to commandeer a grown adult's in and out?

Yet you go in and out as you wish?

You sat 'her down' and agreed her permitted outgoings?

Of course she simply agreed to fuel your already entitled and commanding ego.

It's obvious as well that you're not able to handle the truth or someone else's view that's contrary to yours, so she's playing you as your game. As soon as the cat is out, the mouse too goes out to play.

It's a marriage not a zoo, okay! Limit the zoo antics to your dog.

Really, Kai you sound very sour, this not good advise. Haba, look at what you wrote?

@amenn500

I think you're missing something and that's tolerance, I'll elucidate more.

As regards you and your wife, there's more than meets the eye, I think you have to consider where she's coming from, how she was when you guys were dating and more importantly, what's important to her.

You see factoring these things will help you understand how she thinks, and as usual in love relationships it's not about you but the other person, you'll have to see life from her perspective to understand why she's taking the decisions she's taking, your wife is not a bad person, she's only living her mindset.

If she grew up a workaholic you don't expect that to change easily, if she's someone that's hands on, that won't change easily, so it's a belt way process (Negotiation), it will be wrong, presumptions and mischievous to ever think your wife is cheating on you, and don't let anyone sell that narrative to you at the moment without understanding your woman.

In light of these observations, I'll suggest you see someone she respects and submits to, a third party that on your accord can step in and salvage situation like this to talk to her, making it clear that love is about the other person and not her, and so you understand that the business is important to her and you'll let her roll with it, but you also need time with her, if that's what communicates love to you then she should make allowance for that, and you also make allowance for her on the said Saturday.

Personally I thinks the issue is prioritization, she should put certain things before others and at your own end understanding that the business matters to her so you both must lose grounds to each other so that your love can grow. Don't be surprised she's making crazy money from that buiz to most probably surprise you, most likely that's how to know that something is paying someone well, when they live and think that thing.

Lastly when you introduce the third party she respects and listens to and discuss subsequently on prioritization and you've met her half way and it's not changing, they there may be more to it beyond business. But I feel it may not come to this.
Re: I Am Confused. by Rita5(f): 9:01pm On May 06, 2022
Nyascobar1414:

Na babymama,dey suit this one...

You are still single by the way..

After kuku go cry 4 shiloh..

Kikiiikiiii

Lol Pele oh! Sha greet your wife for me. Make her smile today.
Re: I Am Confused. by Nobody: 9:53pm On May 06, 2022
SeaTrade:
All the things you are complaining will never change ,anyhow you like communicate,they still won't change.
You've already married her so you just have to make peace with some of this problems.
As for younger single men,this is what I have to tell you.
-Avoid marrying someone in the same age range as you,else things like this will befall you.
You don't expect someone who have lived for so long independently to change and start abiding to you all of a sudden.
-Please ,if you succeed to make good money in your prime,do not marry any woman that has any sort of job whatsoever. Most times these women feel too independent and always feel like they should prove to you they make money too and should be worshipped or something,in which most times that thing they claim to make in that their useless job,you can easily spend on a cool weekend.
Don't ask me how I know,I've experienced a lot of things.
I am seriously scouting for a very young,out of college girl to marry and have peace,if she must work,I have a lot of room for her in my business.
Me and all these so called independent Nigeria women no get any business again !Make them go find who them go do that their nonsense with.
If you want to be an 'independent' woman,please don't marry so you can have all the independence you want and not go and kill somebody's child.
Peace.
Re: I Am Confused. by Nobody: 6:10am On May 07, 2022
Rita5:

Wait do you live in a fairy tale or something? Because I don't understand why you said only fool will resent who they marry. So if you are married you no longer have emotions or something? I don't understand you. Even your siblings, I am pretty sure there are stuff they did that you resented them for at the time. Heck even your parents too. Resentment is natural, it happens, the trick is to clear the air and don't let it fester. That's why you should always ensure your significant other is free with you and able to fully express their reservations about something, and you should have the emotional intelligence of not dismissing it and imposing your will but listening and actually making compromises.

True.
Re: I Am Confused. by amenn500: 9:27am On May 07, 2022
okoroemeka:
first of all why keeping your wife at home with you when you know she wants to be at the market,her mind and soul will not be together at that time,it is just a forced holidays,as long as it is strictly business and no hidden agenda in the market,why not,give her a very long lesh,don't even try to restrict,curtail,or scuttle her ideas and ambition just for her to be with you, slowly adapt and start filling in some gaps she may leave behind, believe me she will love you more and volunteer her time specially for you,if she is a business woman support her with encouraging words and cover her back,love is sweetest when the woman is happy not when she is forced to sit down at home sullenly,you will have a happy family

You guys dont read post well sha, nobody is forcing her to sit at home. She chose the days to go to the market so that her outside runs does not interfere with the home, its a mutual decision between the both of us, the only issue here is the saturday movement which she isnt entirely restricted to, but she decided to compromise important things just so she can go hence her ban.
Re: I Am Confused. by rayvelez(m): 10:16am On May 07, 2022
Rita5:

All these your rules are ridiculous tbh. Your wife can't be free in her own home to go out and come in at will because she is married to you. Imagine saying you will ban her are you in the 1950s. Nor be your fault na the woman I blame. So if she goes to market for 2hrs tops you will die ba. The remaining 22hrs in the day is not enough for you. You must cage her like an animal. Her own desires are secondary na only your own matter. Well done!
lol I know two beautiful lady with a mentality like you buh laslas nah 3rd wife and later babymama deh both end up..
Re: I Am Confused. by Rita5(f): 12:55pm On May 07, 2022
rayvelez:

lol I know two beautiful lady with a mentality like you buh laslas nah 3rd wife and later babymama deh both end up..

Tell them I said hello. We all have our struggles. I also have a friend who makes statements like this whenever we have a conversation like this, his wife left him and she's doing well for herself and their kid. While oga turn status and online warrior.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Confused. by valdes00(m): 3:28pm On May 07, 2022
PerfectStranger:
What's so special about the Saturday market you asked? Maybe na only Saturday her side guy or ex dey get chance.
Carry your cross oga.
No shout abeg shocked
Re: I Am Confused. by amenn500: 3:32pm On May 07, 2022
Rita5:

Tell them I said hello. We all have our struggles. I also have a friend who makes statements like this whenever we have a conversation like this, his wife left him and she's doing well for herself and their kid. While oga turn status and online warrior.

Abeg shift go one side, dont you know families functions in different ways? You seem to bring your point on a generalized level which is far from whats going on here.
Re: I Am Confused. by Qatar2022: 3:39pm On May 07, 2022
tsmith:

Let me get this straight, you want to commandeer a grown adult's in and out?

Yet you go in and out as you wish?

You sat 'her down' and agreed her permitted outgoings?

Of course she simply agreed to fuel your already entitled and commanding ego.

It's obvious as well that you're not able to handle the truth or someone else's view that's contrary to yours, so she's playing you as your game. As soon as the cat is out, the mouse too goes out to play.

It's a marriage not a zoo, okay! Limit the zoo antics to your dog.
Please read before commenting dummy
Re: I Am Confused. by techgen(m): 3:57pm On May 07, 2022
It's quite easy to know your wife whereabouts on Saturdays....to keep your mind at peace.

Simply install tracker in her car or favorite handbag for like 3 Saturday.

Tech. Has made life easy...use it!!!
Re: I Am Confused. by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 07, 2022
Nyascobar1414:
Weytin the worry this mumu simp...

The moment you get married, you have decided to be a simp...

Love is a sign of weakness...
Hatred is a sign of strength...

Know this and know peace!

grin
Re: I Am Confused. by Das1mama: 4:20pm On May 07, 2022
First of all i dey h like dis but e no still get where e touch!! Me go still reason my mind.... As a man that i am i understand your plight but d bitter truth is stand on your ground and let her be the one to apologise for disrespecting u by flaunting the standing rules in your home which will make her understand how principled and cultured person you are which will make her even more to always respect your decisions as the man of the house.... But the moment you beg her when she's wrong, believe me that will be the beginning of your downfall... Give a woman a mile she would want to double it.... Shalom
Re: I Am Confused. by Rita5(f): 4:57pm On May 07, 2022
amenn500:

Abeg shift go one side, dont you know families functions in different ways? You seem to bring your point on a generalized level which is far from whats going on here.

Pele oh! A word is usually enough for the wise. People who tend to dismiss advice very quickly live to forever feel the sting of I was told before if only I listened. Wetin concern me na you get your marriage take advice or leave it doesn't affect the money in my account, so best of luck.
Re: I Am Confused. by amenn500: 6:33am On May 08, 2022
Rita5:

Pele oh! A word is usually enough for the wise. People who tend to dismiss advice very quickly live to forever feel the sting of I was told before if only I listened. Wetin concern me na you get your marriage take advice or leave it doesn't affect the money in my account, so best of luck.

A child like you with no marital experience and early feminist symptoms can never be taken advise from. Who born u to advice me? grin cheesy
Re: I Am Confused. by amenn500: 6:37am On May 08, 2022
Das1mama:
First of all i dey h like dis but e no still get where e touch!! Me go still reason my mind.... As a man that i am i understand your plight but d bitter truth is stand on your ground and let her be the one to apologise for disrespecting u by flaunting the standing rules in your home which will make her understand how principled and cultured person you are which will make her even more to always respect your decisions as the man of the house.... But the moment you beg her when she's wrong, believe me that will be the beginning of your downfall... Give a woman a mile she would want to double it.... Shalom

Have stood my ground plenty of times, only to find out that she still would go behind my back to do whatever she likes.
Re: I Am Confused. by amenn500: 6:41am On May 08, 2022
techgen:
It's quite easy to know your wife whereabouts on Saturdays....to keep your mind at peace.

Simply install tracker in her car or favorite handbag for like 3 Saturday.

Tech. Has made life easy...use it!!!

There is a tracker in the car for general security reasons, when she goes normally the car would be at the exact point where it is expected to be, she knows of that too so she wont be stupid enough to take the car elsewhere. In terms of putting a device in her bad,, she doesnt carry a bag to the market, just a waist bag, what kind of mini tracker can i put inside that she wont notice inside?
Re: I Am Confused. by Rita5(f): 6:46am On May 08, 2022
amenn500:

A child like you with no marital experience and early feminist symptoms can never be taken advise from. Who born u to advice me? grin cheesy

A old man like you with a shaking marriage who can't understand simple social ques dey run enter nairaland dey shout I am confused grin grin. Something a small child will observe and know what's going on is what you are dumbfounded about and you dey form who born you to advice me grin grin. If you have had a little bit of emotional intelligence this situation would have been very clear to you. Na the woman wey marry you Bleep up. Well Nigeria has always been a place of desperation no surprise she followed you to the altar. Do well to tell her hello for me.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Confused. by itsMrIke(m): 7:30am On May 08, 2022
Rita5:

A old man like you with a shaking marriage who can't understand simple social ques dey run enter nairaland dey shout I am confused grin grin. Something a small child will observe and know what's going on is what you are dumbfounded about and you dey form who born you to advice me grin grin. If you have had a little bit of emotional intelligence this situation would have been very clear to you. Na the woman wey marry you Bleep up. Well Nigeria has always been a place of desperation no surprise she followed you to the altar. Do well to tell her hello for me.

My dear, just rest. No stress yourself again. Let OP do whatever he likes. I have read all comments so far, and he seems to only like the comments of those who support him or are encouraging him to believe his wife is cheating in him. Na here we go dey when he go come give us update. Abeg ignore all the people insulting you. They will soon call me SIMP.

You can't talk to a man like this, obviously why his wife will agree with him and still do what she wants, because he doesn't have rational demands.

Just imagine the reason why OP wants her to stay home on Saturdays, is to "have her all to himself". This is the most selfish and possessive thing any man can ever think, how much more say.

OP, truth is Saturdays are a good day for her to go the market. If you keep commanding and banning her not to go, you will end up with a resentful wife. Do you understand how her shop works or its needs?? Try to understand her business. Then you can know how best you both can manage your time.

But trying to think you can command and ban your wife is going to cause more trouble than it will solve.

And relax with this Head of the house thing. This believe has killed many marriages. I am a Man no dey work again. Only small minded people think like this.

Good luck to you OP. And yeah, the rest of you bone heads can come call me SIMP. I am ready

1 Like

Re: I Am Confused. by Rita5(f): 8:52am On May 08, 2022
itsMrIke:

My dear, just rest. No stress yourself again. Let OP do whatever he likes. I have read all comments so far, and he seems to only like the comments of those who support him or are encouraging him to believe his wife is cheating in him. Na here we go dey when he go come give us update. Abeg ignore all the people insulting you. They will soon call me SIMP.

You can't talk to a man like this, obviously why his wife will agree with him and still do what she wants, because he doesn't have rational demands.

Just imagine the reason why OP wants her to stay home on Saturdays, is to "have her all to himself". This is the most selfish and possessive thing any man can ever think, how much more say.

OP, truth is Saturdays are a good day for her to go the market. If you keep commanding and banning her not to go, you will end up with a resentful wife. Do you understand how her shop works or its needs?? Try to understand her business. Then you can know how best you both can manage your time.

But trying to think you can command and ban your wife is going to cause more trouble than it will solve.

And relax with this Head of the house thing. This believe has killed many marriages. I am a Man no dey work again. Only small minded people think like this.

Good luck to you OP. And yeah, the rest of you bone heads can come call me SIMP. I am ready

A word is usually enough for the wise so I rest my case
Re: I Am Confused. by Nobody: 9:37am On May 08, 2022
Rita5:

Wait do you live in a fairy tale or something? Because I don't understand why you said only fool will resent who they marry. So if you are married you no longer have emotions or something? I don't understand you. Even your siblings, I am pretty sure there are stuff they did that you resented them for at the time. Heck even your parents too. Resentment is natural, it happens, the trick is to clear the air and don't let it fester. That's why you should always ensure your significant other is free with you and able to fully express their reservations about something, and you should have the emotional intelligence of not dismissing it and imposing your will but listening and actually making compromises.

Òmógè you pretty sha smiley ... Happy Sunday ma.
Re: I Am Confused. by amenn500: 5:05pm On May 08, 2022
itsMrIke:

Are you married? if yes how many children do you have? Do you think running a family in this LAGOS of Nigeria na beans? Dont come here to come tell me how to run my fams.
Re: I Am Confused. by itsMrIke(m): 6:55pm On May 08, 2022
amenn500:

Are you married? if yes how many children do you have? Do you think running a family in this LAGOS of Nigeria na beans? Dont come here to come tell me how to run my fams.

Young man, I am married. With one daughter. Do you know why I have only one child after 5yrs? Because I have the sense to plan according to the availability of the parents involved.

You don't want anybody to tell you how to run your family, yet you brought your problem here. You are a learner.

Keep doing what you are doing. Your arrogance will soon blow up in your face. And na here we go dey wait you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Popular Nigerian Tiktoker's Sex Videos leaks on Social Media / How Edward Gave Up The Throne For A Woman Who Didn't Love Him / Somebody Served Me Breakfast Last Night!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.